Gareth Bale  

1. 1.

Re: Gareth Bale

I agree as one of the better Championship players last season 84 seems a bit low. But he did only have one full season at Championship level, so bearing that in mind 84 is good going.

Lee has played 50 games with Spurs and is into his 3 season in the EPL, and is a Korean international. Ekotto has had two full seasons in France's top flight, and in his first EPL season started 16 league games, not bad going. Bale has had 2 games in the EPL, and Spurs would likely not have played him if they had a proven winger, but they are struggling for width (really showed in the first few games).

I think it would be crazy to stick him up to 87/88 as such. As has been mentioned this is close to insulting other players of that rating, who have been playing regular EPL football for some time.

I think he will make 86, but I think 85 is more reasonable and that is my preference for now, as his career is still at an early stage. Am sure next time England is reviewed he will have far more games under his belt and go up to 87. For a first EPL season that would still be great.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Gareth Bale I think, because Bale scored two goals today he will be rated 97.

Re: Gareth Bale At least a rise to 89 is due, correct? I'm not too thrilled about his position change though... Any chance he might keep LB as his primary position?

Im a Spurs fan & at todays game.

Great free kick & goal.

If he's not due at least an 88 I'd like to know why#?

The guy is a 1st team player & again impressed.

1st against man utd & now agaist arsenal.

I personally think he should be at least as good as Wallcott & Im sure the honest Gooners agree. 2 goals in 3 games, up & down the flank, even at £10m, we've got a bargain!

Uhhh, I do think that he is rated correctly, taking into perspective that the changes were made before these last few performances. I firmly believe that if the changes were in two weeks time, Bale would be a 87 or 88, higher than Assou Ekoto and probably even with Lee.

Wait for the next change, and hopefully his form continues, and surely then an 88 or 89 will not be out of the question.

I think he should be a 87/88 next rating changes if he plays like he is for a long time but in a couple of seasons time he has the potential to be a 90 easily.

He is playing on a regular bases for Spurs and if he plays well and starts in 90% + of the games he will with out a doubt be a 90 when the seasons up.

I think he should be a 87/88 next rating changes if he plays like he is for a long time but in a couple of seasons time he has the potential to be a 90 easily.

He is playing on a regular bases for Spurs and if he plays well and starts in 90% + of the games he will with out a doubt be a 90 when the seasons up.

Playing 6 games ( max ) for a under performing tottenham team does not warrant a 88 rating. regularly playing is play the majority of games for the last 6 months, and considering he hasnt been in the prem in the last 6 months he will have to do alot more than he has already done. IF he continues to play as he is until next england changes then 87/88 could be possible.

I hate this guy :mad: But a great free kick
a very good goal from the free kick.

Personally, I thought Almunia should have saved it quite comfortably. It was a good strike, but the keeper was in a good position (from what I remember) and seemed to have a good view, and the near post bottom corner is a pretty easy place to reach if you're concentrating properly. I'd be interested to know what any other keepers on the forum thought about it.

Anyway, back on topic... Bale hasn't played enough Premiership football to get a big increase yet. He's definately got potential though. Probably better to use him as a midfield player rather than a full-back. He seems a bit shaky defensively for my liking, although that may improve with time. Defenders generally do peak later than more attacking players. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

He played Leftback tonight.

He also played left back last week against boro in the cup because ping pong Lee is injured.

He's been one of our best players every game this season.

A fair compromise would be to increase Bale to a Status that would make him at least good enough to play in the first team & decrease those ahead of him (Teemu Taino for Midfield & Ekotto as 2nd choice LB).

Oh Bale was just givent the Man of the Match award (again)

Yes, he's like the left sided version of Daniel Alves but a bit small physically but since he's 18 he is bound to become more buff and wide-shouldered if you like that, will help him push attackers away. Offensively he terrorised the Tottenham right-back in the 2nd half. Deserved Man of the Match. IF he continues like this then 90/91 is possible and I'm not over-exadurating. But that's a big if and I'm 90% sure he will fade and only make 88/89.

Yes' date=' he's like the left sided version of Daniel Alves but a bit small physically but since he's 18 he is bound to become more buff and wide-shouldered if you like that, will help him push attackers away. Offensively he terrorised the Tottenham right-back in the 2nd half. Deserved Man of the Match. IF he continues like this then 90/91 is possible and I'm not over-exadurating. But that's a big if and I'm 90% sure he will fade and only make 88/89.[/quote']

Fade? Also, I think you meant terrorised the Villa Right back. Fade? lol. He statistically is better than Ashley Cole. Now thats a player who has faded!

Any reasons why you think he will fade. Also, Alves cant take corners, doesnt score wonder goals and cant throw the ball 30 yards! ;):D

Fade? Also' date=' I think you meant terrorised the Villa Right back. Fade? lol. He statistically is better than Ashley Cole. Now thats a player who has faded!

Any reasons why you think he will fade. Also, Alves cant take corners, doesnt score wonder goals and cant throw the ball 30 yards! ;):D[/quote']

I just don't believe he can be this good! Unbelievable. 2nd only to Cecs Fabregas and Anelka so far :)