Gareth Bale  

1. 1.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Gareth Bale I think, because Bale scored two goals today he will be rated 97.

Re: Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale At least a rise to 89 is due, correct? I'm not too thrilled about his position change though... Any chance he might keep LB as his primary position?

Re: Will Gareth Bale rise???

I'm pretty sure that Redknapp said that Gilberto would never play for Spurs again after his poor performance in their last UEFA cup match.
Yeah' date=' Redknapp said he doesn't see a way back for Gilberto, as he 'doesn't want to play' at Spurs. Perhaps he is ready for a new challenge having conquered the EPL with 7 appearances. :D
It's quite possible that he could go down due to his injury in February and also his team's lack of form

He was reviewed in October so anything before that won't matter. I agree with you that long term he remains a good prospect.

• 1 year later...

Gareth Bale - Rise, Rise and Rise

In my opinion I feel Bale has the potential to become a 91/92 rated player in the future two or three years. He has all the attributes to become one of the best left backs in the world. He has a lot of pace, getting stronger and more tactically astute and if can improve his already impressive set pieces. Been getting a good run in the first team at Spurs since Assou-Ekoto left for the AFCON and has really impressed me, rated only 87 at the moment, already a key figure for his country and I can't see him losing his place in the Spurs team now he has got it, especially with him been sounded out by several of Europes top clubs according to several sources. If he can carry on with the level of performance he has found recently surely theres a potential rise to 89 and almost certainly 88. What do you think of Bale's chance of a rise and future prospects?

Re: Gareth Bale - Rise, Rise and Rise

There was a fair amount of hype and glamour about his move up to Spurs - some might say it came a bit early in his career. It seemed to hit his confidence a bit - the pressure of the big games got to him and his performances were affected by it.

Spurs are looking better this season - in patches - and Bale when he's had the chance to play has done too. Whether he'll keep the LB slot now that BAE is back from the AFCON remains to be seen - only Harry really knows that.

Given his attributes and fairly obvious talent for the game, a fit performing Bale in a top half team should be rated higher than 87 - currently this just reflects his recent non/under performance.

Plays regularly for his country too which can't do anything but help his rating.

It is completely dependant on BAE's return from injury (he didn't go to the AFCON) and subsequent first choice selection. Bale, for my money, has been back to his best going forward and ok(ish) at the back with a slight tendency to make the wrong decision when faced with more than one attacker.

BAE is the better defender however, and fairly decent in the attacking half - so I'd be tempted to go with him once he's fit.

Bale's two attribute gives him advantage...

1) speed : his pace made him very popular and promising even when he was only 17..

2) crossing : technically, he is really good

While his defending is improving at very slow rate..mostly unable read opposing players runs down his flanks (which needs experiance)

He has talent and quality to become as good as A.Cole is, But he needs very sound and concentrated training, which only big clubs like Chelsea, Barcelona, Inter, Madrid and ManUtd provide.. I guess unless he moves to these clubs he would perform in 88-90 rating range..

Bale's two attribute gives him advantage...

1) speed : his pace made him very popular and promising even when he was only 17..

2) crossing : technically' date=' he is really good

While his defending is improving at very slow rate..mostly unable read opposing players runs down his flanks (which needs experiance)

He has talent and quality to become as good as A.Cole is, But he needs very sound and concentrated training, which only big clubs like Chelsea, Barcelona, Inter, Madrid and ManUtd provide.. I guess unless he moves to these clubs he would perform in 88-90 rating range..[/quote']

He got absolutely skinned by Carragher of all people the other week - maybe he's lost his pace. He hasn't improved noticeably since he was 17; he'll never be anywhere near Cole in terms of quality.

Nobody could ever deny the fact that Bale has talent, but he needs to work on the defensive side of his game before he can make the LB spot his own at Spurs. Going forward, he's fantastic and he possesses one of the best left feet in the league. However, he's always been vulnerable when up against a decent winger, and he needs to recognise this and work on it.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Gareth Bale

What do you think about him next changes?

Personal thoughts:

Rating: 88-90. This is a must! haven't done a bad game since last year. And he is as good as Lennon who deserves a rise too.

Pos: LB/Wing or Wing/LB. Not LM/LB because he can play at the right wing as well. It's not a common pos combo in sm, but michel bastos already got it.

What do you think about him next changes?

Personal thoughts:

Rating: 88-90. This is a must! haven't done a bad game since last year. And he is as good as Lennon who deserves a rise too.

Pos: LB/Wing or Wing/LB. Not LM/LB because he can play at the right wing as well. It's not a common pos combo in sm' date=' but michel bastos already got it.[/quote']

next changes he will be lm/lb 90

and lennon should be rm/wing 90-91

I think Bale is better than Lennon to be honest, he is a much more complete player.

He has started how he finished last season... very well indeed. Sweet volley today against Stoke for our second goal (and good control of the ball using his face on the first goal too :D) and he looks in good shape and confidence. The first goal was similar to Giggs' goal the other day (better in my opinion but I am biased) if anyone has not seen it.

I think Lennon deserved to rise in the last EPL changes due to his pre-injury form, but his injury put that idea to bed. I don't think he has quite hit the same form just yet, but it is still early in the season and I would expect him to.

The other Spurs player who I always think underrated is Benoit Assou-Ekotto. Frequently impresses.

Lennon does NOT deserve to rise' date=' where on earth did you get that from.[/quote']

For instance, he is better than A. Young...

When has he ever played RM?

In the chelsea and arsenal and today vs stoke is just a few. For instance he started of in rw pos' date=' ran towards the 16meter and tapped in the winner against arsenal. Today he and lennon changed sides several times throughout the game.

I think Lennon deserved to rise in the last EPL changes due to his pre-injury form, but his injury put that idea to bed. I don't think he has quite hit the same form just yet, but it is still early in the season and I would expect him to.

Maybe i was a lil too exited when i wrote that lennon deserved a rise yet, but the build-up to both of the goals today is the best of lennon since pre-injury last season.

For instance' date=' he is better than A. Young...

In the chelsea and arsenal and today vs stoke is just a few. For instance he started of in rw pos, ran towards the 16meter and tapped in the winner against arsenal. Today he and lennon changed sides several times throughout the game.[/quote']

So 3 games?