Gareth Bale

oakiedoke

Gareth Bale  

1. 1.

Re: Gareth Bale

For instance' date=' he is better than A. Young...

Maybe i was a lil too exited when i wrote that lennon deserved a rise yet, but the build-up to both of the goals today is the best of lennon since pre-injury last season.[/quote']

You know whats hillarious, people trying to wind me up or gain a "point" by trying mock a lpayer from the club i support.

Please, it really hurts my feelings :rolleyes:

Yes Lennon probably edges it. . . . your point ?

But id rather have Young in my team, Lennons ball is good enough and he likes the physio room to much, but im not getting into this conversation

My point is he doesnt deserve to rise.

Now excuse me while i go and cry myself to sleep over the fact you said Lenno is better than young :rolleyes:

What do you think about him next changes?

Personal thoughts:

Rating: 88-90. This is a must! haven't done a bad game since last year. And he is as good as Lennon who deserves a rise too.

Pos: LB/Wing or Wing/LB. Not LM/LB because he can play at the right wing as well. It's not a common pos combo in sm' date=' but michel bastos already got it.[/quote']

Scores 2 goals and all of a sudden derserves 90 :D Hey Walcott got a hat-trick today, lets make him 91!

Please. Compared to what Pedro did last season when he got 90, Bale needs to do much more, and the fact theres been 2 league games. Atleast wait 10 games to see how Bale, and Tottenham do. Why are there so many threads for players to rise when season just started??

Scores 2 goals and all of a sudden derserves 90 :D Hey Walcott got a hat-trick today' date=' lets make him 91!

Please. Compared to what Pedro did last season when he got 90, Bale needs to do much more, and the fact theres been 2 league games. Atleast wait 10 games to see how Bale, and Tottenham do. Why are there so many threads for players to rise when season just started??[/quote']

I dont think its fair to compare him to Pedro, Pedro has rose phenomanally quick and will undoubtedly rise more. I think if he maintains current form, 90 is a decent shout, but i think people are getting a little carried away. Is definately capable of going over 90 though

You know whats hillarious' date=' people trying to wind me up or gain a "point" by trying mock a lpayer from the club i support.

Please, it really hurts my feelings :rolleyes:

Yes Lennon probably edges it. . . . your point ?

But id rather have Young in my team, Lennons ball is good enough and he likes the physio room to much, but im not getting into this conversation

My point is he doesnt deserve to rise.

Now excuse me while i go and cry myself to sleep over the fact you said Lenno is better than young :rolleyes:[/quote']

Well, just so u know it, i wasn't trying to "wind you up or gain a "point" by trying mock a payer from the club you support". I was just saying that if young is a 90, then lennon deserves a 91.

Scores 2 goals and all of a sudden derserves 90 :D Hey Walcott got a hat-trick today' date=' lets make him 91!

Please. Compared to what Pedro did last season when he got 90, Bale needs to do much more, and the fact theres been 2 league games. Atleast wait 10 games to see how Bale, and Tottenham do. Why are there so many threads for players to rise when season just started??[/quote']

He has been a consistent performer ever since he broke through in december/january, and he has done so well that he deserves a 90.

To be fair, Bale played really well at the end of last season too and I can't remember properly but I don't think there has been and english rating change since.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

look if bale starts most of the time from now until december( probable next epl rating change) and he plays in the CL games( if they dont get knocked out:)) then he will rise. he has obviously played very well buts its only two games so some ppl are overrreacting, nut i can tell you starting for the fourth best team in the premier league and playing well( assumeing he continues to play well) will get you a 90. so yea he'll rise...eventually

Typical Gooner response, can't bear the fact that a Spurs player actually might be good.

You can't compare Bale to Walcott because Walcott got his hattrick against Blackpool....no offense to Blackpool, but despite being fighters, they were no match for Arsenal. Yes Walcott did well, but come on, you gotta expect that given the opposition (AND the fact that Blackpool were down to 10 for 2 of his goals).

As for Bale, like others have said, open your eyes, and relise that the thread was started based on Bale's performances since the last ratings change, and not just against Stoke, or since the start of the season. Bale was one of Spurs's best players in the second half of last season, and therefore yes, I agree, he deserves a ratings change of 1 or 2.

In regards to Lennon, its a tough one. When he is fit, he can terrorise defenses (makes Evra look very average). He has always been my favourite player, and he fully deserved his last change. But due to the injuries, and his average world cup, I have to say he probably deserves to stay as a 90. I really hope he continues to rise though. He is still a great prospect for the future (and considering Walcott didn't even make the World Cup, thats further evidence that Walcott needs to stay as a 90 too)

look if bale starts most of the time from now until december( probable next epl rating change) and he plays in the CL games( if they dont get knocked out:)) then he will rise. he has obviously played very well buts its only two games so some ppl are overrreacting' date=' nut i can tell you starting for the fourth best team in the premier league and playing well( assumeing he continues to play well) will get you a 90. so yea he'll rise...eventually[/quote']

As TotnumMatt said, I started this thread based on his performances since the last ratings.

Lennon does NOT deserve to rise' date=' where on earth did you get that from.[/quote']

your right, he doesn't. (yet)

bale needs to continue to play well to get 90, pedro should be 91/92 and lennon has to play well consistently to get 91.

right now lennon is 90.

anyway this thread is pointless, the season has just begun. and by just begun we could at least wait 2 games ! man united havn't even played 2 games yet and we are already debating predictions. pointless.

Typical Gooner response' date=' can't bear the fact that a Spurs player actually might be good.

You can't compare Bale to Walcott because Walcott got his hattrick against Blackpool....no offense to Blackpool, but despite being fighters, they were no match for Arsenal. Yes Walcott did well, but come on, you gotta expect that given the opposition (AND the fact that Blackpool were down to 10 for 2 of his goals).

As for Bale, like others have said, open your eyes, and relise that the thread was started based on Bale's performances since the last ratings change, and not just against Stoke, or since the start of the season. Bale was one of Spurs's best players in the second half of last season, and therefore yes, I agree, he deserves a ratings change of 1 or 2.

In regards to Lennon, its a tough one. When he is fit, he can terrorise defenses (makes Evra look very average). He has always been my favourite player, and he fully deserved his last change. But due to the injuries, and his average world cup, I have to say he probably deserves to stay as a 90. I really hope he continues to rise though. He is still a great prospect for the future (and considering Walcott didn't even make the World Cup, thats further evidence that Walcott needs to stay as a 90 too)

Yes. Typical gooner indeed. Im probably the most unbiased Arsenal fan on the forum...

Did I ever say he was not good? I know hes a good player, but he hasnt done anything to really warrant a 90 has he. Im sure he will rise to 89 because of good form last season. But 90 is too much at the moment.

The part in red, you clearly dont get that this is sarcasm...Walcott is bad.

Another good night for Bale in the CL - providing the assists for all 4 goals scored. He has now been the scorer of, or provider of, seven out of eight goals scored by Spurs since the start of the season.

Whether he reaches 90 will depend on when the reviews happen, and whether he maintains his form up until that point. Aside from this season, he was the demolisher in chief of Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City at the end of last season.

If SM do what they say they will, and review the PL 3 times a season rather than 2 then he'll probably go 89 > 90 > ?. If they don't review it before December then I can see him going to 90 in one leap.

• 1 month later...

Another good night for Bale in the CL - providing the assists for all 4 goals scored. He has now been the scorer of' date=' or provider of, seven out of eight goals scored by Spurs since the start of the season.

Whether he reaches 90 will depend on when the reviews happen, and whether he maintains his form up until that point. Aside from this season, he was the demolisher in chief of Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City at the end of last season.

If SM do what they say they will, and review the PL 3 times a season rather than 2 then he'll probably go 89 > 90 > ?. If they don't review it before December then I can see him going to 90 in one leap.[/quote']

However SM review the prem this year, pending injury, this is what I predict will happen:

Twice:

Review 1 88--->90

Review 2 90--->91

Three Times:

Review 1 88--->90

Review 2 89--->90

Review 3 90--->91

Bale is a phenomenal player he and VDV stand out like saw thumbs in the Spurs team and if VDV is 92 Bale should be up there with him. He ticks all the boxes for a rise, Champions League, International, Great Form statistically in terms of goals and assists and plenty of appearances. Should have rose to 89 last time, the main question is whether he will become a LM/LB or wing/LB (based on Michel Bastos this is the most likely).

Finally I would just like to state that if you think Gareth Bale doesn't warrant a 90 rating you may as well stop watching football and take up Bowls or maybe Croquet.

bale deserves a 92' date=' modric a 93, defoe should go down to 88/89 how on earth he is 91 i will never know[/quote']

Be a fair while till bale and modric hit that rating. They would have to be in the CL every season and to say Defoe is overrated is ridiculous mate. He is a natural goalscorer playing for a top 4/5 team in the prem and breaking his way into the NT line up now!! Another good season for him could see him rise than drop, very unlikely I admit though.

Another good night for Bale in the CL - providing the assists for all 4 goals scored. He has now been the scorer of' date=' or provider of, seven out of eight goals scored by Spurs since the start of the season.[/quote']

Didn't he score one :confused:

Anyway it has to be a 88>90. This guy is absoloutly out of this world, nowonder Real Madrid want him, this guy is so good i wouldn't be suprised that if he was sold it would be for something like £30 million with his age in mind.