Gareth Bale

oakiedoke

Gareth Bale  

1. 1.

Re: Gareth Bale

Okay Bale is a great LB/LM what ever..... you think he plays best. But say he carry's on playing the way he is witch is a very BIG BUT then really can we expect him to go over the 92/93 with Tottenham or will he have to move club ?

Bale has the game to be as good as ashley cole (94) okay its said hes not the best defender but hes attacking its amazing either way i dont think he can achieve what could be a future rating of say 94 at tottenham

Okay Bale is a great LB/LM what ever..... Or were ever you think he plays best. But say he carry's on playing the way he is witch is a very BIG BUT then really can we expect him to go over the 92/93 with Tottenham or will he have to move club ?

It all depends on how Tottenham perform' date=' if there getting top 4 on a regular basis and in Champions Leagues knock out ect then theres no limit on what he can reach[/center']

The EPL is not overrated' date=' i'd still say it's the best league in the world. Chelsea are mising a whole host of players including arguably their two most important attacking players in Lampard and Drogba. Take the two best players out of any team and they'd struggle, Inter wouldn't be the same without Sneijder and Eto, Real without Ronaldo and Xabi. They would still be able to play, but not the same as before, as they are without two of their most important players. Chelsea have still been getting good reults like the 2-0 victory in Russia against Spartak.

I'd be very surprised if a EPL team didn't reach the final, i'd still back one of the current english top 4 against any most teams, whilst i'd back Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal to win against any of the big leagues except possibily Spain.

On Bale, i would say Bale should start being considered as the best of the world in his position LM, you can't compare Eto as they play different positions and i'd say he was much better than Krasic.

I think Bale deserves 90 and if he keeps up his early season form, i'd still say that was a distinct possibility.[/quote']

I will bet you money that NO EPL club will reach the final of the CL this season. Barca, Real, Bayern, and Inter are all too strong for any EPL club at the moment. I can't judge Arsenal that well in European competition because they've got the easiest group IMO.

Chelsea played a Spartak team who is barely in the top 5 of the RPL at the moment. They're almost 20 points behind the leaders, Zenit. There was no doubt who would win this match. I even bet money on Chelsea after they failed me last weekend :rolleyes:

It's different. Once you take out Drogba, half of Chelsea's attack dissapears. Anelka is horrific and has been for years. It's time for Chelsea to buy another striker or a SS to Drogba. If Chelsea was smart, they'd buy Gotze from Dortmund who is arguably the best 92 talent in the world (IMO). The kid is going to be a revelation.

As for Krasic and Bale. First off, Bale is not a winger. Krasic is typical winger. He's got the most assists than any other player from the top 4 leagues (8 assists) and four goals to his name in all competition. Not to mention that he's literally been 80% of Juventus' offense whereas Bale gets a lot of support such as from Modric. Juventus would be in relegation zone right now if it wasn't for Krasic who's single handidly kept them alive and in the top 5 of Serie A. He's been awarded MOM in 8 out of the 10 matches he's played for Juventus since arriving to Serie A. :eek: Also, he was just awarded player of the month award ahead of Eto which means a lot considering what kind of form Eto is in at the moment. I've watched Bale many times this season and he's had a stupendous season. Started off the season with a wondergoal that is arguably one of the best goals of the season thus far and has improved imensely since last season but I have to favor Krasic from what I've seen from both players this season of coure Krasic is older and more experienced after having a sensational CL debut last season for CSKA but Bale has been great as well. They're close but I give the edge to Krasic IMO after what he's done in Juve and already being labeled MR. Juventus.

Fine' date=' you don't like EPL. But Bale has torn apart Inter, Werder Bremen, and Twente. "Inter defended poorly" is a ridiculously sorry excuse, they just couldn't keep up with him, end of story. If Messi had done it you would've hailed it as the performance of the year...but since Bale did it you look for excuses to put the kid down.

Just deal with it, it was one of the most best performances of the year, considering the lack of support he had (except Lennon for goal #3).

Tottenham just is a poorly defending team, Assou-Ekotto etc. need to go. Central midfield is somewhat rubbish too.

--

Krasic? Pastore? Why not say Ryan Babel? Have you seen Bale right now? What a complete donkey. The only 2 players I accept comparison with are Messi and Ronaldo. End of story.[/quote']

Wow. First off, I hope you're not comparing Messi to Bale in any way, shape or form because that would be ridiculous.

Secondly, I don't like the EPL? :eek:

The EPL is my favorite league to watch, mind you be. This is why I'm so devestated to see the league falling apart. A couple seasons ago, EPL was undisputedly the best league in the world when 3/4 Champions League teams were EPL clubs. That was one of the most exciting CL year I've experienced in recent years. Central midfield is very good. Modric is a very good player who helps Bale out a lot. His vision is quite exceptional and his passing is just as good. Really hasn't found himself in England yet.

The 'most best' performances of the year. :rolleyes: Nice grammar :D

You obviously don't watch much football outside of the EPL, do you B)

Messi and Ronaldo :confused:

Yep, you definitely don't watch anything outside of the EPL. :D

Those two have been average thus far this season. Obviously, the two BEST players in the world but are not t

For you to group Messi and Ronaldo with Bale after two months of world class performances is just idiotic. It just goes to show how biased you are and that nothing I say will change your mind because you know nothing besides the EPL and a couple stars like Ronaldo, Messi, Eto, Ibrahimovic, etc.

Your database of footballers outside of England is quite minimal. I highly advise you to watch the Bundesliga, Serie A, and La Liga. All very dissimilar leagues and are equally as fun to watch as the EPL. Of course, the EPL is my personal favorite, but I ALWAYS watch all of the top leagues and a few smallers ones like the Liege 1, Erdevisie, Juplier League, and so on...

Have you ever even seen Pastore or Krasic outside of playing against EPL clubs? They are both exceptional players. As I stated earlier, Krasic is in better form than Bale and that's my personal opinion. I respect yours as well and don't plan on changing it neither do I expect you to change mine. I'm just trying to show my view. Pastore and Bale are both exceptional young talents and are in equal form at the moment(IMO). Both will be world beaters in the future but they haven't done anything big yet to be labeled World Class neither has Krasic. It's barely the beginning of the season guys. Let us enjoy the rest of the season and hope that none of them get injured.

BTW, the only reason Bale scored those 3 goals was due to poor defending by Inter. Once Stankovic went off at halftime due to injury, Santon was brought in for him. Now, he replaced a DM with a LB/LM player. This was a HUGE mistake. Stankovic goes out in the 50th minute and Inter's midfield collapses leaving huge gaps in midfield. Inter's defense became weak. Also, he takes out Biabiany who was doing good in the first half at tracking back and covering for Maicon who would move up the flank. Once Biabiany went off, Maicon was caught out of position for both goals in the 90th+ minutes. Highly uncharacteristic by the Brazilian world class defender. Of course, had Bale's instinct, SPEED, and finishing not been so great those goals would have never happened but they were really due to horrendous defending by Inter. Three goals from that angle should have never went in. The first goal was completely class though and there was not much that could have been done besides the fact that Maicon was out of position.

Also, in the 61st minute a defender, Chivu was taken out for an offensive player, Pandev. Another huge mistake by Benitez. His tactics are horrific :D

BTW, it's not just Tottenham's defense that's bad. They lack a proper DM + box-to-box midfielder. Their midfield was completely overrun in the first half by Inter. Inter connected over 30 passes at one moment. This is unexcusable.

Overall, Bale is a great player. Don't get me wrong. He will be world class if he continues at this rate. I highly rate him, but IMO he's definitely not the best in form player in the world right now. He's up in the top 5 for sure though. :)

harry has come out and said he views bale as a lb in the long run

so it should be lb/lm

this is where he plays when van der varrt is in the team

He used to be an LB, now he's a LM who can play LB, much like Zhirkov.

I don't think Bale is that good at defending, whilst he's bordering on world class as an LM.

Chelsea's midfield and United's midfield isn't the same as it once used to be.

You will find that out very soon.

Yes Chelsea's is even stronger now. Mikel has grown into a much better player' date=' Ballack and Deco were past their peak anyway and Essien is fully fit again. We've also added Ramires.

Yeah, you know that team that made the CL final last year and has players like:

Ribery

Robben

Muller

Schweinsteiger

Lahm

Klose

Bommel

Kroos

Van Buyten

Gomez

Alaba

Conteneto

Knasmullner

Etc.

Bayern Munich only beat Man Utd last year after they threw away a three goal lead in a game which they were cruising.

Bayern were also very lucky to get Lyon in the semi final, very easy draw.

They also almost went out in the round before to Fiorentina.

Bayern have some good players, but i can't see them getting past the Quartar Finals, i'd say any of England's CL teams could beat them, with the top 3 doing so comfortably.

Yes Chelsea's is even stronger now. Mikel has grown into a much better player' date=' Ballack and Deco were past their peak anyway and Essien is fully fit again. We've also added Ramires.

Bayern Munich only beat Man Utd last year after they threw away a three goal lead in a game which they were cruising.

Bayern were also very lucky to get Lyon in the semi final, very easy draw.

They also almost went out in the round before to Fiorentina.

[b']Bayern have some good players, but i can't see them getting past the Quartar Finals[/b], i'd say any of England's CL teams could beat them, with the top 3 doing so comfortably.

We'll see ;)

Bale will defiently get 90 maybe 91 if his form gets even better.

as for his position... does anyone think he may get a Wing/LB like Michel Bastos?

I think people are getting carried away with him though, ive seen comments of people comparing Bale to Messi and Ronaldo... possibly the most ridiculous comparison going!! I see Bale maxing out at 93/94 and thats only if he gets a wing or LM position and not for another 3-4 years give or take, however if he moves to a more prestigious club he may rise higher!!

Just my opinion!

Also this annoyed me...

It's different. Once you take out Drogba, half of Chelsea's attack dissapears. Anelka is horrific and has been for years. It's time for Chelsea to buy another striker or a SS to Drogba. If Chelsea was smart, they'd buy Gotze from Dortmund who is arguably the best 92 talent in the world (IMO). The kid is going to be a revelation.

Anelka is not horrific... he is anything but!! Just because Anelka doesn't score a lot doesn't mean he's ****! He has great close control, vision and is an excellent passer of the ball! I don't think a side like Chelsea would play him if he was as bad as your making him out to be!

But ye that Gotze guy has good potential!

Bale will defiently get 90 maybe 91 if his form gets even better.

as for his position... does anyone think he may get a Wing/LB like Michel Bastos?

I think people are getting carried away with him though' date=' ive seen comments of people comparing Bale to Messi and Ronaldo... possibly the most ridiculous comparison going!! I see Bale maxing out at 93/94 and thats only if he gets a wing or LM position and not for another 3-4 years give or take, however if he moves to a more prestigious club he may rise higher!!

Just my opinion!

Also this annoyed me...

Anelka is not horrific... he is anything but!! Just because Anelka doesn't score a lot doesn't mean he's ****! He has great close control, vision and is an excellent passer of the ball! I don't think a side like Chelsea would play him if he was as bad as your making him out to be!

But ye that Gotze guy has good potential![/quote']

anelka does score, 2 seasons ago he got golden boot didn't he / he did well i cant remember.

anyway, bale will get 90 and lm/lb. he is not usualyl on the right side so lm/lb, 90 rated.

he has a lot to his game, but he is not ronaldo and messi. if bale is marked well like against everton he struggles ( that is obviously going to be the case) but ronaldo and messi have played that well for longer, if notbetter as they deal with constant marking by still scoring or playing well.

bale is good, but 90 is fine for now. this time last year nobody rated him including me. i just thought he has got a good free kick thats it.

therefore it is silly to think that last year, and now expect him to be a 91.

many of you may laugh at me for saying this... but he deserves a 91.

Hes a keyplayer for the national team

Keyplayer for Tottenham

Playing in CL

Vermaelen got 88-91' date=' Glen Johnson got 89-91 (Bale should ave been 89 last time around)[/quote']

I agree with you entirely mate. Hes playing at the standard of a 92/93 right now!

Vermalen went 88-90 by the way but Riera went from 88-91 so why not Bale!

many of you may laugh at me for saying this... but he deserves a 91.

Hes a keyplayer for the national team

Keyplayer for Tottenham

Playing in CL

Vermaelen got 88-91' date=' Glen Johnson got 89-91 (Bale should ave been 89 last time around)[/quote']

Vermaelen went from 88-90 and then to 91 ;)

is it smart to swap rvp for bale? its 93 for 88' date=' but rvp is out, and bale is in good form.[/quote']

Even though R.Van Persie is out ATM, he will most probably stay at 93 for some time whereas Bale will take a while to reach that level, which is not possible at Spurs ATM unless they gain a higher status in the coming years.

Bale is performing really well but u are giving way too much for him so I wouldnt do it ;)

is it smart to swap rvp for bale? its 93 for 88' date=' but rvp is out, and bale is in good form.[/quote']

I don't think that would be smart either. Bale might never get anywhere 93, it is too soon to tell.

I hear he may be rested against Man Utd, which is a shame if it is true. Harry has been saying it is with an eye on the Inter game, I wonder if it is also to keep Bale out of the eye of Ferguson (/Sauron?)...

I hear he may be rested against Man Utd' date=' which is a shame if it is true. Harry has been saying it is with an eye on the Inter game, I wonder if it is also to keep Bale out of the eye of Ferguson (/Sauron?)...[/quote']

Im sure United can afford to send a scout down on the train :P