Gareth Bale  

1. 1.

Re: Gareth Bale

Well, yesterday was a 95+ performance. Of course, he's got to prove that kind of ability over more than just a season but the way he destroyed Maicon and Lucio was astounding. Even better than his hat-trick a couple of weeks ago.

He may have given himself an outside shot at 88>91. I wouldn't have believed it before last night but he was virtually unplayable against the champions of Europe.

No-one can do that every game, but he needs to learn how to adapt when he's double-teamed like he is in some PL games.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Gareth Bale I think, because Bale scored two goals today he will be rated 97.

Re: Gareth Bale At least a rise to 89 is due, correct? I'm not too thrilled about his position change though... Any chance he might keep LB as his primary position?

Well' date=' yesterday was a 95+ performance. Of course, he's got to prove that kind of ability over more than just a season but the way he destroyed Maicon and Lucio was astounding. Even better than his hat-trick a couple of weeks ago.

He may have given himself an outside shot at 88>91. I wouldn't have believed it before last night but he was virtually unplayable against the champions of Europe.

No-one can do that every game, but he needs to learn how to adapt when he's double-teamed like he is in some PL games.[/quote']

He was double teamed. So if Bale wasn't free, Tottenham went through Lennon/Van Der Vaart and dominated there as well. And that was one of the reasons Modric could Waltz to pass VDV for the first goal. The fact that HIS PRESENCE creates such a terror in defence's mind that they have to put extra cover just goes to show his class and that even Benitez recognizes it...

Anyone remember Lee Sharpe?.... Played some brilliant games, inconsistent, got injured (Or had a problem with E's, depends what stories you want to believe), got sold by United, went downhill fast and where did he end up? Celebrity love island..

If you look at the 2 careers to this stage and age, both very comparable so it's a bit early to start talking about ridiculous rises and being the best left sided player in the world. Yes, he's played some VERY good games but also some very poor games. Stop hyping the lad up to be the next Messi and just see how things go and whether he can do it over a consistent period, not the a*rse end of last season and the first few months of this one.

I can see him getting to 92 (yes) if he keeps this up. He is showing he can compete at the highest level.

Is there a lower limit on him to what he can realise?

He might be the best left sided midfielder in the world at the moment but SM recognise he can only ever play for Wales and a team likely to finish 4th in the EPL?

I accept that he might move to a bigger club but will playing for Wales and Spurs limit his upside in short term?

Anyone remember Lee Sharpe?.... Played some brilliant games' date=' inconsistent, got injured (Or had a problem with E's, depends what stories you want to believe), got sold by United, went downhill fast and where did he end up? Celebrity love island..

If you look at the 2 careers to this stage and age, both very comparable so it's a bit early to start talking about ridiculous rises and being the best left sided player in the world. Yes, he's played some VERY good games but also some very poor games. Stop hyping the lad up to be the next Messi and just see how things go and whether he can do it over a consistent period, not the a*rse end of last season and the first few months of this one.[/quote']

Anyone remember Lionel Messi? Played some brilliant games.............became great at Barcelona.

If you look at the 2 career to this stage and age, both very comparable so it's not too early to start talking about +2/+3 rises to 91, which would still keep him lower than Maxi Rodriguez currently and he certainly is the best on left side right now. Yes, Messi played some very good games, and if you play enough of them, people recognize you're great. Do you want Bale to play 20 years great before you consider him any good? Donkey.

I understand where the caution is coming from. Bale has been playing this well for only a short period of time - since Feb 2010 really. Before then he was playing mostly as left-back and was, for all intents and purposes, a poor one in terms of positioning and all-round defensive ability.

The key to his current success is the combination of his movement to LM combined with the fitness of Assou-Ekotto behind him. Ekotto has quietly matured into one of the best LB's in the premiership and the relationship he has with Bale is exceptional - whether it's playing a high ball down the line for Bale to run onto, or providing him options on the overlap when space isn't so readily available.

If Spurs can keep this parnership fit then I don't see Bale ending up anywhere but 92 by the end of the season whether thats a 88>90>92 or a 88>91>92. For those that think he's just about pace and power - please note the part about 15m into last nights game when he showed some outrageous skill to get past two Inter players.

Anyone can have this Sig if they want. Was bored and just decide to make one. Still Amateur. So here it is:

nj980zbv0.jpg

1. Go to this page: http://img100.imageshack.us/content_round.php?page=done&l=img100/3451/nj980zbv0.jpg&via=mupload

2. On the LHS (Links to share your image) Copy the Forum Code URl

3. Then Paste it in when you edit your signature.

Anyone remember Lionel Messi? Played some brilliant games.............became great at Barcelona.

If you look at the 2 career to this stage and age' date=' both very comparable so it's not too early to start talking about +2/+3 rises to 91, which would still keep him lower than Maxi Rodriguez currently and he certainly is the best on left side right now. Yes, Messi played some very good games, and if you play enough of them, people recognize you're great. Do you want Bale to play 20 years great before you consider him any good? Donkey.[/quote']

I reckon you're his Mum the way you're going on.

The blokes had a couple of good months then people start crooning on like he's the saviour of planet football. He was rubbish a year ago, utter poo and may go back to that level of mediocrity in another 12 months. He may not, he may win the world cup for Wales single-handedly, only time will tell. Rumour has it he's a jobby jouster anyway.

I reckon you're his Mum the way you're going on.

The blokes had a couple of good months then people start crooning on like he's the saviour of planet football. He was rubbish a year ago' date=' utter poo and may go back to that level of mediocrity in another 12 months. He may not, he may win the world cup for Wales single-handedly, only time will tell. Rumour has it he's a jobby jouster anyway.[/quote']

Ronaldo was a bust before summer of 2006. They called him a useless show-off. Then things changed and class ever since.

The 3rd goal exhibits all the things you need to be a class winger. Speed, crossing, and most importantly, football sense and creativity.

Bale had a position change that emphasize his advantages. Now he's class, just deal with it. Only an awful freak injury can stop him.

Anyone remember Lee Sharpe?.... Played some brilliant games' date=' inconsistent, got injured (Or had a problem with E's, depends what stories you want to believe), got sold by United, went downhill fast and where did he end up? Celebrity love island..

If you look at the 2 careers to this stage and age, both very comparable so it's a bit early to start talking about ridiculous rises and being the best left sided player in the world. Yes, he's played some VERY good games but also some very poor games. Stop hyping the lad up to be the next Messi and just see how things go and whether he can do it over a consistent period, not the a*rse end of last season and the first few months of this one.[/quote']

you are having a laugh linking him to lee sharpe, he has more in common with Giggs than he does with Sharpe, similar lifestyle to Giggs instead of Sharpe as well, he wants to learn, wants to train. I don't honestly think he will be ever as good as Messi or Ronaldo, but he will be at least as good as Giggs ever was/is.

you are having a laugh linking him to lee sharpe' date=' he has more in common with Giggs than he does with Sharpe, similar lifestyle to Giggs instead of Sharpe as well, he wants to learn, wants to train. I don't honestly think he will be ever as good as Messi or Ronaldo, but he will be at least as good as Giggs ever was/is.[/quote']

Very similar to Sharpe I'd say. Both started out as left backs, both burst on the scene and took all the limelight when the moved up to the wing. Both scored hat-tricks against very good teams whilst in their purple patch. I'm not slagging the kid off, in fact I wish him all the best, I just wish that people wouldn't go overboard about him based upon a great 6 months as we've seen it all before. Put too much pressure on him and he'll either do a Sharpe or a Giggs. The tabloids will be looking to knock him down soon as well. He just needs to be careful with the uphill gardening and keep himself to himself.

If Riera went from 88 to 91 I find it hard to see why Bale wont, fulfils all the criteria for a 91, regular CL, international and top league player not to mention the x-factor of him being the most on form player in Europe right now. Should and hopefully will get 91, if not at least you will still have a 90 player with a guaranteed rise next time round.

If Riera went from 88 to 91 I find it hard to see why Bale wont' date=' fulfils all the criteria for a 91, regular CL, [b']international[/b] and top league player not to mention the x-factor of him being the most on form player in Europe right now. Should and hopefully will get 91, if not at least you will still have a 90 player with a guaranteed rise next time round.

He doesn't play that well in internationals. Also I like Bale but he is not consistent, look at the matches against Everton and United he wasn't really that good. However I think he will go to 90 and then to 91 and then if he is still playing well he will go higher.

Lol, how is Lee Sharpe anything like Gareth Bale. I never saw Lee Sharp run 40 yards in 4 or 5 seconds with 88 minutes on the clock ... against the Champions League winners, beating Lucio ... arguably the best centre-back in the world and then putting a cross to somehow give Pavlyuchenko a tap in even though the keeper we well positioned. At the age of 21.

If Riera went from 88 to 91 I find it hard to see why Bale wont' date=' fulfils all the criteria for a 91, regular CL, international and top league player not to mention the x-factor of him being the most on form player in Europe right now. Should and hopefully will get 91, if not at least you will still have a 90 player with a guaranteed rise next time round.[/quote']
He doesn't play that well in internationals. Also I like Bale but he is not consistent' date=' look at the matches against Everton and United he wasn't really that good. However I think he will go to 90 and then to 91 and then if he is still playing well he will go higher.[/quote']

bale dosn't desever 91.

reira hmm here is why,

1 riera got caps for spain = best team in world pretty much = helps. i think this is right maybe a bit off.

2 MAINLY cos sm were less harsh then. they are more harsh now.

bale is a 90. you saw against united and everton he was just good. if he does this all the time he is a 90/91 player not 92/93 like if he did against inter. so SM are too conservative to give him 91 i think.

Very similar to Sharpe I'd say. Both started out as left backs' date=' both burst on the scene and took all the limelight when the moved up to the wing. Both scored hat-tricks against very good teams whilst in their purple patch. I'm not slagging the kid off, in fact I wish him all the best, I just wish that people wouldn't go overboard about him based upon a great 6 months as we've seen it all before. Put too much pressure on him and he'll either do a Sharpe or a Giggs. The tabloids will be looking to knock him down soon as well. He just needs to be careful with the uphill gardening and keep himself to himself.[/quote']

I'm not sure but something is teling me you don't like Gareth too much..:P

What I don't get about all these pessimists is why should we not go overboard over Bale right now? In football, so many things can change things, be it injury, loss of form, transfer, lack of first XI time, etc. This doesn't concern just up-and-coming stars, but also so-called "proven class players".

What makes a player proven? Does playing several seasons at top level guarantee an x-number of goals per season in future? No, just look at Sheva.

Bale produces right now and that's what matters. Of all of us here, who can guarantee that any single player will be at the top in 10 years? None, so why not enjoy the ride while it lasts?

For some reason, it's ok to hype Lukaku and Neymar but NOT ok to hype Bale? Why the eff not?

and what if he breaks his leg ? he will lose his pace.. and may not be the same player again.

But you can say that about any player in the world. If Messi breaks his leg he might not be the same player.

Nasri broke his leg and hes better than Ever. Diaby broke his leg and hes still playing very well. Theres probably a lot more.

But you can say that about any player in the world. If Messi breaks his leg he might not be the same player.

Nasri broke his leg and hes better than Ever. Diaby broke his leg and hes still playing very well. Theres probably a lot more.

ye but i mean proper bad break like eduardo's , nasri's wasnt as bad , anything can happen it will affect players differently

ye but i mean proper bad break like eduardo's ' date=' nasri's wasnt as bad , anything can happen it will affect players differently[/quote']

And if Messi's leg is cut in half he won't play football anymore either.

Freak accidents happen. If they're really bad, any player's career will end. Has nothing to do with Bale in particular