Less frequent long injuries

Guest BrandonBurrows

I find this ridiculous. In tonights match one of my players got a massive injury, a broken ankle and he'll be out for eight weeks. Also recently one of my players got BROKEN RIBS and will be out for ten weeks, and another player got a six week injury and a five week injury and so on.

I find these injurys too frequent and they are far too long. It would be an improvement to make these long injuries less frequent.

Re: Less frequent long injuries

i had kaka out for my bayern munchen for 18 weeks with something like a brocken skull or something' date=' it was so dumb. but hes back now[/quote']

18 weeks !!!! :eek:

The first time i'm hearing of such o long injury.

My longest injury has been about 5 weeks not more than that.(Thank God ;))

But as Austin has rightly said u should always play normal style of tacking(atleast i do :P) :D

Its realistic and yes its a real pain.

Plus im sure SM arrange it to make u short in one area.

For instance i currently hv only two defenders over 85 available with my Liverpool Club. Im meant to have 7!!!!! Annoyinglym, every other position has been fine: so good in fact i can afford to give Torres (94) on loan to Watford for a season!! :eek:

some injuries in sm are so stupid.Simao off my Atletico Madrid misses 6 weeks all because of a gashed arm.That means i can't play him until the 11th of Janurary.That is not realistic at all.If that happened in real life he would be gettin stitches and a bandage around it and back traning the next day.

I just looked at a club message saying that Martin Jorgensen is out for 6 weeks with a gashed leg.These injuries are so stupid :mad:

The amount and length of injuries at present is insane, its never been this frequent before the last month or so.

And yes my tactics are generally set to normal without tight marking so that dosn't explain it.

In my GC6 side I lost 8 players due to injury in the first 6 or 7 games and have just lost a player for the rest of the season, 11 week injury after 19 games ie 10 weeks until season end. If it was just one player out a club can swallow that, but lots of players out with league, euro and cup games its a nightmare sometimes to just field a team, recently I'v had to go and just buy low rated players in a position so I could get a team out and rest up the other players fully.

This is just a recent thing for me, I don't recall injuries being this frquent and this servre before December.

I know man, this is getting annoying:S, in one of my teams, I have 6 players which I frequently used injured and the season is in its firt games. This is bad ! Now I have to play players in positions they haven't as they get tired and need to be replaced, and where is my backup?! --> Injured! Last game I had 2 players injured, come on ! In the same match 2 players injured, making a total injured players in my squad = 6 ! I know this happens in real life :S, but very, very rarely !

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

I find these injurys too frequent and they are far too long. It would be an improvement to make these long injuries less frequent.

We have read several suggestions via support in relation to this over the last few weeks and due to that are currently reviewing it.

For my Wigan team I've had Javier Zanetti, Massimo Ambrosini and Ivica Dragutinovic all out at the same time about 2/3 games after buying them. They might be old but if they got injured so often then Inter, AC and Sevilla wouldn't have them in their squad and they wouldn't still be rated in the 90's. It's not like they're out for days though, it's weeks at a time. The thing is, being out for 6 weeks on SM is like being out for 12 in real life due to up to 4 games a week being played.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. I believe this to be completely unfair, I have my 7 best players injured all for more than a week

Ruud Van (10 Weeks)

Cannavaro (9 Weeks)

Robinho (4 Weeks)

Kanoute (6 weeks)

Raul(2 Weeks)

Ramos( 18 Weeks)

Sneijder(3 Weeks)

I am top my league and have 4 games left, but have an average of 89:mad:

I believe its very unrealistic that players get 10,9,8,7 week injuries with such a high frequency, and only by playing hard tackling...Sm please do something. And I do rotate my squad for cups etc. no NMF players ever.

Yes. I believe this to be completely unfair' date=' I have my 7 best players injured all for more than a week

Ruud Van (10 Weeks)

Cannavaro (9 Weeks)

Robinho (4 Weeks)

Kanoute (6 weeks)

Raul(2 Weeks)

Ramos( 18 Weeks)

Sneijder(3 Weeks)

I believe its very unrealistic that players get 10,9,8,7 week injuries with such a high frequency, and only by playing hard tackling...Sm please do something. And I do rotate my squad for cups etc. no NMF players ever.[/quote']

I have never seen an 18 week injury before :eek :eek:

Make sure u play with ur tackling style as 'normal' not agressive. Injuies will be much less.

I personally think that instead of the amount of weeks an injury lasts it should be the amount of turns an injury lasts. An 18 week injury basically means the player will be out of action for around 40 turns. This would consist of 36 league matches + however many cup matches, as well as recovery time before the player's match fit again, we'll say another 4 league matches. So instead of being injured for 18 weeks it should be an estimate of 36 turns.

1 turn in game should equal 1 week in real life. So, for example, a real 6 week injury should last for 6 turns in game. This would halve the current injury time and, in my opinion, make the game more realistic. I know you want to speed things up a bit for gameplay purposes but please, don't keep injury lengths at normal "real life" pace.

Also, those random injury messages need to be sorted in to more realistic groups. How can a gashed arm keep a player out for 16 turns (8 weeks), pretty much half a season on SM? It's a complete joke. A gashed arm wouldn't take up 1 match in real life, nevermind 16. A player should be out for 1-2 turns with a gashed arm/leg (at most) and should probably be grouped with other slight injuries such as concussion and dead legs.

I'm sorry if I've sounded too forceful in this post but I believe this is one area of the game that could do with a makeover, it'd really improve the gaming experience. Cheers.

Guest BrandonBurrows

Yes. I believe this to be completely unfair' date=' I have my 7 best players injured all for more than a week

Ruud Van (10 Weeks)

Cannavaro (9 Weeks)

Robinho (4 Weeks)

Kanoute (6 weeks)

Raul(2 Weeks)

Ramos( 18 Weeks)

Sneijder(3 Weeks)

I believe its very unrealistic that players get 10,9,8,7 week injuries with such a high frequency, and only by playing hard tackling...Sm please do something. And I do rotate my squad for cups etc. no NMF players ever.[/quote']

That is ridiculous, seven long injuries! Something needs to be done.

I think you make a good point Omnium, I certainly think one turn should equal 1 week in real life to make the game more realistic.. also I agree a gashed arm should keep a player out for a day at most. I don't remember any player having suffered this injury ever in the premiership to be honest! :)

lol had stankovic injured for 3 weeks with a cold...

but i think the injury lengths are quite realistic, but the reson are sometimes a bit dodgy, e.g u could be out for 18 weeks something seriously broken, but not with, say a gashed arm

lol had stankovic injured for 3 weeks with a cold...

but i think the injury lengths are quite realistic' date=' but the reson are sometimes a bit dodgy, e.g u could be out for 18 weeks something seriously broken, but not with, say a gashed arm[/quote']

yeah gashed arm wouldn't even keep a player out he'd play with a bandage

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BrandonBurrows

Another Player to add to my 7 long injury list

Roberto Ayala for 8 weeks....with "A Hernia"

:mad:

Unrealistic to say the least. Seven injured players is unrealistic and so is a footballer getting a hernia, how on earth do you get a hernia by playing football?

I have nine teams and havent had an injury in about 5 months and that was robben it was so long i soled him...it was so long ago that it was before the new transfer system haha

I have def jynxed myself now havent i