Lionel Messi  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Re: Leo Messi?

Dragging things away from Messi, I'm amazing how Xavi didn't get 97 last time, and hoping he gets it this time. He is easily as good as Gerrard, and should be the greatest CM on SM. Been amazing for Barca this season, won POTT at the Euros, and deserves it too, captained the winners, played a large part in winning that tournament, etc, etc.

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Lionel Messi Just seen that one also m8

Re: 99 for Messi? Off topic. Saw this in Game today and it made me laugh cause he looks really camp doing that pose with his little Wii-mote, almost sexual look in his eyes and the long hair

i'm not sure Xavi's as good as gerrard. They play in different role's. You hardly ever see Xavi charging forward to get on the end of a cross. Gerrard saves liverpool time after time. Without Gerrard liverpool struggle. Xavi doesn't have that impact on games, more of the attacking players do. But im sure if Gerrard was at barcelona he wouldn't have the same impact he does at Liverpool. Anyway for his Euro performances i think Xavi deserves a 97.

ok i totally know this isnt the right thread and all but i am not sure where else i should ask this but: wat will happen with these players ratings?: robben, fabregas, torres, a young, guardado, cannavaro , ramos , escude , juan, julio cesar, pato, bojan, nasri, david silva, juninho , muntari, mashcarano.

I am very sorry for asking all this but please please can u help me out??? i will really appreciate it!!!

ok i totally know this isnt the right thread and all but i am not sure where else i should ask this but: wat will happen with these players ratings?: robben' date=' fabregas, torres, a young, guardado, cannavaro , ramos , escude , juan, julio cesar, pato, bojan, nasri, david silva, juninho , muntari, mashcarano.

I am very sorry for asking all this but please please can u help me out??? i will really appreciate it!!![/quote']

Spanish thread here mate.

Got to pull you up on that' date=' to be fair he only started 4 of those games, in the group stages, and came on in 2 (including final). He wasn't exactly a key player for Barce in that, unlike Ronaldo in ours. An unfair example.[/quote']

very true, but he does still have a CL medal and was pretty good against chelsea

this season Messi was very good but however the previous season he was not so good' date=' due to injury...[/quote']

did you see him at the end of last season??? and ronaldo only played at a 98 level for one year, whereas guys like ronaldinho, zidane etc played at that level for many years

very true' date=' but he does still have a CL medal and was pretty good against chelsea

did you see him at the end of last season??? and ronaldo only played at a 98 level for one year, whereas guys like ronaldinho, zidane etc played at that level for many years[/quote']

messi is the best player in the world he is so quick and young he should be better than ronaldo and i support liverpool and most people think gerrard is good but i think messi:)

i'm not sure Xavi's as good as gerrard.

They play in different role's.

Anyway for his Euro performances i think Xavi deserves a 97.

Surely if they play in different roles you can't say he's not as good as Captan Criminal? And then you round it off by saying he deserves a 97 :confused:.

I'd much rather have Xavi in my team than Gerrard. They are both match winners, but Xavi wins the match by playing brilliantly throughout, and creates an average of 5 / 6 clear-cut chances every game. Gerrard has carried Liverpool for years, but not because of his influence throughout an entire game. He's at his best when the chips are down, and he'll smash in a 35 yard shot, or gee the team up again by making a few tough tackles.

Xavi, I think, is a more creatively gifted than Gerrard whereas Gerrard is a much better Captain.

And yes, your point about Xavi not running into the box and getting onto the cross like Gerrard is true, but that's because Barce don't tend to play the crossing game, and if they do, 75% of the time Xavi is either making the cross, of passing out to the person who is making the cross.

i'd say gerrard is overall the better player by a small margin but in a ratings system such as SM i'd have both on 97

Seems fairer, but still I think they are not the right players to compare.

They have different roles to play. Xavi is basically the centre midfield for the whole Barca team. Gerrard is the free man.

Xavi has better Vision

Xavi has better long and short passing

Xavi has better playmaking ability

Xavi built his parents a floor on top of his house (good man)

Gerrard has better long shots

Gerrard has better tackling

Gerrard is a better Captain

Gerrard gets in trouble with the Law

Now you pick which abilities you want in your player. But I would like Xavi' date=' [b']he isn't scum like Gerrard[/b].

I don't think you can really call him scum that's a bit harsh, and in that case you would probably call Joey Barton, Saton.

But in case i'm mistaken isn't this thread about Lionel Messi...

I don't think you can really call him scum that's a bit harsh' date=' and in that case you would probably call Joey Barton, Saton.

But in case i'm mistaken isn't this thread about Lionel Messi...[/quote']

Yeah. If they want a Xavi v Gerrard thread they should make one lol. Anyway Gerrard is better. He bought his folks a house and his dad a Ferrai.