• No

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Lionel Messi Just seen that one also m8

Re: 99 for Messi? Off topic. Saw this in Game today and it made me laugh cause he looks really camp doing that pose with his little Wii-mote, almost sexual look in his eyes and the long hair

Re: 99 for Messi?

It will depend on wether SM now has certain criteria for a 99 player .

Games 40 Goals 37 Assists 16

I would point out that he only has a 1 in 3 goal to game ratio at international level which considering the teams argie play is not the best. [C.Ronaldo Pretty much the same]

L.Ronaldo Scored 62 in 97 For brasil.

NO offence to anyone lese opinion but messi walks ronaldinho and c.ronaldo

His playing style/dribbling alone nearly should get him 98

I think maybe he get 99 this time round if barce won champs, maybe even if they dont...

No way should Messi be 99 yet. For that I think he needs to be on top form for another 2 years.

When Ronaldinho was 99 he had been the best player in the world for at least 3 years and was absolutely brilliant. Messi is not as his level yet' date=' 98 is enough. :)[/quote']

I think that if Messi keeps showing great, great form for another three seasons or so, then he could be rated 100. I think he could be better than Ronaldinho was when he was the best player in the world.

and because Messi can score 3 against poor teams like Getafe etc. makes him the best player in the world?

And Ronaldo can score against teams like West Brom, Blackburn and Hull. Does it matter? The point is, which ever teams Messi scores against in the league, they are in the Spanish Top Division, which I think is one of the best leagues in the world. I don't think the teams he scores hattricks against matter.

Also, Messi scored a hattick in the Copa Del Rey against Atletico Madrid (a very good team in my opinion), and two against Real Madrid in the league.

Anyway, I don't think Getafe are a poor side.

To vaguely confuse the Ronaldo vs Messi debate

Ronaldo is better as a footballer

Messi is more effective as a footballer

By this i mean for skill, precision and overall ability Ronaldo is notably superior. Ronaldinho in his prime many times more so...

While Messi is a little bit predictable, he gets the ball just into the attacking third and runs like a man possessed around goal with those Jackie Chan quick feet of his.

If he gets stopped for whatever reason a bit of close play with the full back (one of the reasons Dani Alves plays so far up the field nowadays) and hes found some space with which to dance forward a la Maradona.

Or failing that he can always latch onto a wonderpass from Xavi using his pace (again), cool finish... ball in the back of the net.

Ronaldo on the other hand can cross (he just chooses not to), has made some exceptional freekicks, has pace even if its not quite messi-esque, can pass, great vision, can shoot (Vs Porto any1) :eek:, terrific partnership with Rooney. Top scorer in the EPL two times on the trot (depending on the weekends results) dosent lie. B)

if hes such a good player where was he against chelsea?

Ronaldo showed him up the night before.

ronaldo played against a poor arsenal team who were attacking

messi played against a very defensive good chelsea team

ronaldo may be the more talented (and definitely is more physically gifted) but the better player is messi as messi makes his teammates better, is on a similar level talentwise and has a far, far superior attitude

as for a 99 - if he's still the best player in the world after the world cup (esp if argentina win it) then he should get a 99

Ronaldo is closer to 99 right now then messi whether messi is better in your/my eyes or not.

His personal and club achievements eclipse messi although of course messi has the chance to balance the scales very shortly indeed. Ronaldo has been sensational again this season whether you like it or not and if you think he hasn't then you need to let go of a wonder season we probably will never see from any player again including lionel...

the only player who deserved 99 got it. No one else is even close to Ronaldinho

I think that is an overstatement to be honest. I think that whilst Ben is wrong in asserting that Messi is better than Ronaldinho at his prime' date=' I don't think he is miles away.

Ronaldo > Messi

and thats a Fact!

No, not a fact.

I think maybe he get 99 this time round if barce won champs' date=' maybe even if they dont...[/quote']

Personally, I think it would be outrageous if he were to get a 99 if he didn't win the Champions League and if I'm honest I'd be a little unpleasantly surprised if he were to get a 99 if he did win the CL.

I think that if Messi keeps showing great' date=' great form for another three seasons or so, then he could be rated 100. I think he could be better than Ronaldinho was when he was the best player in the world.[/quote']

As far as I know, 100 isn't possible. I could with a mod or whatever to verify that but I've been lead to believe that 99 is the ceiling for ratings.

no he won't. he isn't. Ronaldo at his best is better than Messi imo
if hes such a good player where was he against chelsea?

Ronaldo showed him up the night before.

No player performs brilliantly EVERY SINGLE game.

Though I'm a fan of Messi and inclined to defend him in this instance' date=' you have to bear in mind that when CR has a bad game (especially on that hallowed 'big stage' on which he is much maligned) he is crucified and it is taken as further evidence that he can't play against the big boys. If Ronaldo were to contribute the same amount as Messi did over those two legs the forum would be overflowing with the words 'bottler' and other things of that nature. If someone can use that argument against Ronaldo, then it is fair to use it one Messi. Personally, my own opinion, is that Messi has shown quality more often in the big games than Ronaldo and I'd still rather have him than CR in a cup final.

and because Messi can score 3 against poor teams like Getafe etc. makes him the best player in the world?

First of all, Getafe aren't a poor side- they aren't world beaters but they aint poor by a distance. Secondly, Ronaldo has made a career out of being the slayer of the minnows. When people say Ronaldo could leave United and they'd be able to replace him, I'm not so sure. As good as Rooney and co are, I think the decisive factor in Man U winning the title is CR. Whereas Liverpool have had much documented disappointments at home as we've struggled to unlock defences, Ronaldo has been there for United. No one (in the world I'd say) can tear up poor players quite like Ronaldo can.

To vaguely confuse the Ronaldo vs Messi debate

Ronaldo is better as a footballer

Messi is more effective as a footballer

By this i mean for skill' date=' precision and overall ability Ronaldo is notably superior. Ronaldinho in his prime many times more so...

While Messi is a little bit predictable, he gets the ball just into the attacking third and runs like a man possessed around goal with those Jackie Chan quick feet of his.

If he gets stopped for whatever reason a bit of close play with the full back (one of the reasons Dani Alves plays so far up the field nowadays) and hes found some space with which to dance forward a la Maradona.

Or failing that he can always latch onto a wonderpass from Xavi using his pace (again), cool finish... ball in the back of the net.

Ronaldo on the other hand can cross (he just chooses not to), has made some exceptional freekicks, has pace even if its not quite messi-esque, can pass, great vision, can shoot (Vs Porto any1) :eek:, terrific partnership with Rooney. Top scorer in the EPL two times on the trot (depending on the weekends results) dosent lie. B)[/quote']

Personally I think you've got that the wrong way around. I think that Ronaldo is the world's most effective footballer and Messi is the most talented. Ronaldo's physical prowess is probably the strongest part of his game as he is tall, strong but at the same time has a delightful concoction of rare pace and agility to go with his power. His dribbling tends to less spectacular than Messi but is more economic and as he has progressed, the number of those pointless stepovers has dramatically decreased with the success yielded from dribbling rising. Messi on the other hand is the most magical player on Earth for me. I think that of course he can unlock defences with his trademark mazy runs though a defence but I think he has a better eye than Ronaldo for that pass no-one else can see and he also sees that inspired pass coming from teammates and uses great off the ball movement to make a chance were a chance shouldn't exist. Obviously he also has his electric pace but he has a steel that may surprise some because believe me, even in Spain he gets a kicking. People talk about Ronaldo's ability to shoot but people (often the keeper to Leo's advantage) underestimate Messi's shooting boots. I think that some people who have only seen glimpses of him think that he can only dribble and he simply is an excellent dribbler with magnificent pace but he has a lot, lot more to him.

ronaldo played against a poor arsenal team who were attacking

messi played against a very defensive good chelsea team

ronaldo may be the more talented (and definitely is more physically gifted) but the better player is messi as messi makes his teammates better' date=' is on a similar level talentwise and has a far, far superior attitude

as for a 99 - if he's still the best player in the world after the world cup (esp if argentina win it) then he should get a 99[/quote']

As usual I agree with Burs. I think for him to get a 99 he has to stay on current form up until 2010 and if he stars in the World Cup (donesn't have to win it, just has to play great) then he should get his 99 and will probably stake a claim in history as a great player even at such a tender age.