Lionel Messi  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Re: 99 for Messi?

like i have said before i apologise completely !

i may have been overly harsh without realising it but at the time i did not think i was but again i apologise and don't want something like this to result in one of those silly forum arguments :P

don worry mate i am not referring to u..Rob there has been quoting my comments a few times when i am not even replying to him, maybe he's just trying to be a nice guy here :confused:

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Lionel Messi Just seen that one also m8

Re: 99 for Messi? Off topic. Saw this in Game today and it made me laugh cause he looks really camp doing that pose with his little Wii-mote, almost sexual look in his eyes and the long hair

"he's had a better individual season than ronaldo did last year (37 goals and 16 assists for messi this year compared to 42 goals and 8 assists for ronaldo last year)"

clearly - thats why hes scored 5 goals less and ronaldo is a winger. And the defenders are better in the EPL

"he's had a better individual season than ronaldo did last year (37 goals and 16 assists for messi this year compared to 42 goals and 8 assists for ronaldo last year)"

clearly - thats why hes scored 5 goals less and ronaldo is a winger. And the defenders are better in the EPL

he's also got 8 more assists and has scored the same number of goals in the CL than ronaldo did last season in 174 minutes less

Actually i support Grimsby. I just think Ronaldo is better than Messi - he's a more complete player and at his best hes unbeatable.... we'll see on wednesday.

and i just dont think messi would do as well in the EPL. too physical.

I'm sorry but people talk about Messi's size as if it is a disadvantage to him. Have you seen him play, he's as strong on the ball as anyone. He rides tackle, bounces off players better than anyone with the ball glued to his feet.

He didn't have the greatest games against Chelsea but seeing as that was probably about the 3rd time 90% of the people on this forum have even seen him play surely you saw him bounce off some strong challenges from Terry and co with the ball still under his control...?

Ronaldo has an advantage in the air with headers and other than that Messi's balance if anything gives him greater strength than Ronaldo, he would do just fine in the EPL believe me

Actually i support Grimsby. I just think Ronaldo is better than Messi - he's a more complete player and at his best hes unbeatable.... we'll see on wednesday.

and i just dont think messi would do as well in the EPL. too physical.

You could argue that it was too physical for Ronaldo when he first joined. Messi would have to adapt to the nature of the english game before we could see how he performs.

I don't think Messi would struggle with the physical nature of the Premier League, he may be small but he is very strong. I think it would take him time but he would prove his worth in the Premier League.

For me Ronaldo is the better player, Messi is amazing at what he does, but has little or no variation to his play. When one method of attack doesn't work he is all out of ideas, Chelsea for example. But don't try and tell me that I don't watch him play because frankly I watch him almost every week, it's the same practically every week. He'll go at his fullback, cut inside, darts into the box, maybe play a 1-2 with someone in the box and shoots and usually scores. He does that nearly every time, I could count the number of times this season he goes past his full back and delivers a cross with his right foot on one hand. In La Liga it usually works and he looks like superman becuase of it, but against Chelsea he look ordinary, there's no indicator of how he'll play against Manchester United. If his plan of attack works and Evra can't handle him then Manchester United will have REAL problems because Messi is just that good, but if it doesn't then Messi will just keep trying and keep failing becuase he knows little else.

Whereas with Ronaldo he is as affective down either wing with the ball on either foot, through the middle with the ball on either foot, in the air, from far range, from close range, on a free kick, he's a danger from anywhere on the pitch and that's why I think he is the better player. As for a 99 rating? Neither of them deserve it just yet, but in terms of potential, Messi is more likely, if Barcelona win the Champions League and Argentina win the World cup then next year maybe Messi can have the 99 rating but not yet.

Please don't read this and think I'm trying to diminish Messi as a player because I aknowledge he is probably the best player in the world and I am probably being biased but it's just how I see it.

he'll go at his fullback' date=' cut inside, darts into the box, maybe play a 1-2 with someone in the box and shoots and usually scores. He does that nearly every time, [/quote']

i agree, to an extent kind of same with robben whenever i see him he cuts inside so very predictable: however i do not think this is a bad thing as who cares if it is predictable they are both so good they still score due to amazing dribbing skill !

i agree with what you are saying and think ronaldo edges it in terms of variation but i am not too quick to say the predictability is a bad thing as it usually works but against chelsea for example it did not but then again ronaldo has off days too when he just can't seem to get going :/

it really is virtually impossibly for me to decide who is better out of ronaldo or messi :(

Let the champions league final decides who's the best in the world..because i believe they will want to prove themselves in rome..fingers crossed..

Viva Ronaldo!

Viva Ronaldo!

Running down the wing!

Hear United sing!

Viva Ronaldo!

i agree' date=' to an extent kind of same with robben whenever i see him he cuts inside so very predictable: however i do not think this is a bad thing as who cares if it is predictable they are both so good they still score due to amazing dribbing skill !

i agree with what you are saying and think ronaldo edges it in terms of variation but i am not too quick to say the predictability is a bad thing as it usually works but against chelsea for example it did not but then again ronaldo has off days too when he just can't seem to get going :/

it really is virtually impossibly for me to decide who is better out of ronaldo or messi :([/quote']

Yeah I agree, my point isn't that Messi's predictability makes him any less of a player, infact the fact that his opposition know what he's going to do but he still manages to do it is what makes him so amazing. His ability to beat a player and a team frankly is left purely down to talent and not to the element of suprise which makes him truly special. But in that same breath I find it impossible to ignore how good Ronaldo is from any situation on the pitch, he's a constant danger on the pitch and there's not an area where you can leave him knowing he can't do anything from that position, it's that exact quality that Ronaldo possesses which puts no doubt in my mind he is still the best this world has to offer.

Lmao, if Messi plays badly in the champions league final you guys are gona be unbearable on this thread. Like a player can truely be judged based on one game. On the other hand, if Ronaldo plays badly and Messi scores, its the same situation, you can't judge the both of them on one game.

Lmao' date=' if Messi plays badly in the champions league final you guys are gona be unbearable on this thread. Like a player can truely be judged based on one game. On the other hand, if Ronaldo plays badly and Messi scores, its the same situation, you can't judge the both of them on one game.[/quote']

If only Southampton had given Ali Dia a little more time... :D

Lmao' date=' if Messi plays badly in the champions league final you guys are gona be unbearable on this thread. Like a player can truely be judged based on one game. On the other hand, if Ronaldo plays badly and Messi scores, its the same situation, you can't judge the both of them on one game.[/quote']

Nah, I understand if Messi doesn't play well or Ronaldo doesn't play well then it's not really a reflection on their abilities, some days you have it some days you don't, there's a lot of luck involved. But I will say however that Ronaldo is the type of player who could still probably score or do something influential without actually playing well, he does it all the time.

I dont think that you could possibly rate Messi higher than Ronaldo some points.

1. Ronaldo plays in the Premier League, by far a more physical league than La Liga.

2. Ronaldo is like a salmon in the air, scoring more headed goals than Messi.

3. Ronaldo can score from just about anywere on the pitch, Porto goal for instance.

4. Freekicks.

So no 98 was fair for Messi.

I dont think that you could possibly rate Messi higher than Ronaldo some points.

1. Ronaldo plays in the Premier League' date=' by far a more physical league than La Liga.

3. Ronaldo can score from just about anywere on the pitch, Porto goal for instance.

4. Freekicks.

So no 98 was fair for Messi.[/quote']

totally agree with you there, although messi is a truly phenomenal player!

Yeah I agree' date=' my point isn't that Messi's predictability makes him any less of a player, infact the fact that his opposition know what he's going to do but he still manages to do it is what makes him so amazing. [/quote']

that is what i was trying to say but you worded it better !

i am surprised somebody has exactly the same views as me :B)

Messi was terrible against Chelsea.

You've got to take into account the leagues they play in - Diego Forlan is near enough top scorer in La Liga - put him in the PL and he's terrible. He doesn't deserve a 99. As much as I hate to say it but Ronaldo shows exemplorary form on the European stage - not so much on the international stage but I'm sure it'll come and he's more than worth a shout for a 99 after next years World Cup depending on how he performs I reckon.

How many goals was Torres scoring forr Atletico and now how many goals is he scoring for Liverpool? If Torres is scoring more in the Premier league than La Liga surely it means our league is easier? No it doesn't, of course it doesn't just like it doesn't mean La Liga is worse than ours just because Forlan is getting first team football week in week out unlike what he was getting sitting on the bench at Man Utd.

1. Ronaldo plays in the Premier League' date=' [b']by far a more physical league than La Liga[/b].

4. Freekicks.

So no 98 was fair for Messi.

I thinks its a little hard for Messi to improve on his height as he ain't getting any taller. :rolleyes:

Also on Ronaldo being in more physical league and doing well, it's hard to compare as we haven't seen Messi play in the Prem on a regular basis, but if he did I think he would adapt given time, when you think back, Ronaldo wasn't built like he is now but has had to change.

1. Ronaldo plays in the Premier League' date=' by far a more physical league than La Liga.

4. Freekicks.

So no 98 was fair for Messi.[/quote']

He just scored a header in the Champions League Final B)

Messi is ,maybe not by much, better than Ronaldo.

Cristiano always plays bad whenever he is playing a final.