Lionel Messi  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Re: Messi to 99!

Messi@99/100 ..hmm thats awsm and yummy...

I think he will get it if his defensive attributes increases..bcoz a perfect player is one who is good in all areas..

I dont remember Ronaldinho ever defending :rolleyes:

I cant understand all these people saying he has to do what Maradona did to get his rise by 'winning the world cup by himself'. When Maradona played, Argentina was one of the best, but now we have Spain who look unbeatable. 99 rating shouldnt be judged on winning a 7 game tournament.

Hes getting better and better. Im sure next year if he performs just as well then he will have to rise. Hes playing arguably as good as Ronaldinho did 4-5 seasons ago.

p.s. I can see him ripping Arsenal apart :(

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Lionel Messi Just seen that one also m8

Re: 99 for Messi? Off topic. Saw this in Game today and it made me laugh cause he looks really camp doing that pose with his little Wii-mote, almost sexual look in his eyes and the long hair

YES

He is the best player the world has ever seen, He plays in an age were professionalism is way beyond what maradona played against let alone the great pele, What more does messi need? He dribbles past players at pace 2 & 3 players ata time who try taking him out and he just hops skips and jumps past them and even when he does fall over he gets up and continues to run, its ridiculos.. Puts ronaldo to shame, i'm not a ronaldo hater but having ronaldo on 98 aswell as messi is obsurd.

To put in context i dont want to go watch barcelona, i dont wnat to go to the camp nou, i want to go watch messi.

Messi to 100.. Really {Check his performance against zaragoza}

Riferimento: Re: Messi to 99!

YES

He is the best player the world has ever seen' date=' He plays in an age were professionalism is way beyond what maradona played against let alone the great pele, What more does messi need? He dribbles past players at pace 2 & 3 players ata time who try taking him out and he just hops skips and jumps past them and even when he does fall over he gets up and continues to run, its ridiculos.. Puts ronaldo to shame, i'm not a ronaldo hater but having ronaldo on 98 aswell as messi is obsurd.

To put in context i dont want to go watch barcelona, i dont wnat to go to the camp nou, i want to go watch messi.

Messi to 100.. Really {Check his performance against zaragoza}[/center']

Yea ive seen teh highlights of barca zaragoza, messi was unhuman in that game, i am soooooo sorry for arsenal.

• 2 weeks later...

Respuesta: Messi to 99!

Yea ive seen teh highlights of barca zaragoza' date=' messi was [b']unhuman[/b] in that game, i am soooooo sorry for arsenal.
It can't be long now before he gets 99. He is on another planet to everyone else and needs a rating to show it.

Add these metaphors to Wenger's comparison of the Messiah to a Playstation... I'm starting to get the impression that he really isn't a human being... :P

Thank god for live in this time when Messi play football.I dont remeber Pele or Maradona for me is best off all time little kid from Rosario .Love how play this game but much i like how enjoy in game and how is modest guy.Real football god and yes he deserved 99.

YES

He is the best player the world has ever seen' date=' He plays in an age were professionalism is way beyond what maradona played against let alone the great pele, What more does messi need? He dribbles past players at pace 2 & 3 players ata time who try taking him out and he just hops skips and jumps past them and even when he does fall over he gets up and continues to run, its ridiculos.. Puts ronaldo to shame, i'm not a ronaldo hater but having ronaldo on 98 aswell as messi is obsurd.

he will get 99 but not 100 , he might be the best but hes not perfect and that what 100 would be . no player should ever be able to be 100

Messi is playing in a time in football where goals are needed to win games.

Maradona played in Italy where defence was priority.

Messi is playing against fitter and faster defenders.

Maradona played against Bigger and tougher defenders.

Both were the best of their era. My mind is on Maradona, Messi Sticking to him though. Messi WILL be better than him, but he needs to consistenly do it for 4-5 years like Maradona and also for the NT ;)

YES

Messi will not reach 99 just now(also 99 in many people point of viewx it mean is perfect) he still need to win trophies with is international team argentina. compared to Ronaldinho who did reach 99 he won everything World Cup , Champions league, Confederation Cup and many more... he was playing amazing in both national team and clubs plus messi he not close to be like Pele or Maradona in term of international stage. IF Argentina does well in the world cup reaching at least the SEMI FINAL he has good chance of reaching 99. but in the future if keeps is form he will definetely reach 99 thats for sure.

Guest Raines

I think its time now to put Messi at 99 as he has nothing left to prove and has been awsome and everyone says hes been the best player in the world.

Anyone watch his last 3 games he has been out this world got to get to 99 if he carrys on like this he is far better then Ronaldo.

Winning the world cup with Argentina is something he still needs to do. I'm not denying how great he is but I think SM will consider his national success in his rating. Since Ronaldinho went to 99 I think SM are being more careful about who gets that high again.

also 99 in many people point of viewx it mean is perfect

I don't get why. 100 is perfect and that's why SM don't go that high. I don't think SM were saying Ronaldinho was perfect.

Messi will not reach 99 just now(also 99 in many people point of viewx it mean is perfect) he still need to win trophies with is international team argentina. compared to Ronaldinho who did reach 99 he won everything World Cup ' date=' Champions league, Confederation Cup and many more... he was playing amazing in both national team and clubs plus messi he not close to be like Pele or Maradona in term of international stage. IF Argentina does well in the world cup reaching at least the SEMI FINAL he has good chance of reaching 99. but in the future if keeps is form he will definetely reach 99 thats for sure.

Thats unfair though. The 2002 Brazil team was very very good (Arguably better than the current Spain team).

Argentina wont win the world cup, as their defenders are awful, and teams like Spain or Brazil will brush them away. I really dont think winning a world cup (7 games) should determine whether he gets 99 or not. And your basically saying that the country that wins the world cup, most of its players will rise? (The amount of people saying Rooney will only rise if England win is rather annoying)

If he gets World player of the year again (Sure he will) then 99 has to come.

Winning the world cup with Argentina is something he still needs to do. I'm not denying how great he is but I think SM will consider his national success in his rating. Since Ronaldinho went to 99 I think SM are being more careful about who gets that high again.

Not only that, but he needs hatricks away from home too.. he needs to test himself in a different league, adapt to a different style of play in the EPL.. if he's so good, then let him join man untied and then we'll see the sort of impact he can make.. if he kills it here, then i think he will be on par with CR9. ATM CR9 has proven more than Messi by killing it in England and being topdog in his first Spanish season.. Next season CR9 will kill it and become 99 after Portgual win the World Cup *cough cough* with a Ronaldo hatrick along the way..

Messi is getting to Ronaldo's stage in his career imo. Ronaldo did everything with man Untied and did it several times over. He then went to Real for £80m and smashed it to start off with.. He'd waned down a bit now, but heck, it's the first season for Galaticos Pt 2.. he can be forgiven. But needless to say him and Higuain are spearheading Real Madrid's attack on Barcelona's loft position.. And in all honesty, I hope Ronaldo kills Barcelona off to get Real Madrid La Liga title.. And if he wins la Liga, then he will have done something Messi has not done ()&Prob will never do, be a league winner in 2 diff. countries, both top of their game..).. ~

So in a matter of fact, Ronaldo is on the verge of of surpassing Messi.. Soo what if Messi is so good in Nou camp.. How good is he away from home?. How good is he in England? How good is Leo Messi objectively.. ??

Subjectively he's as good as Barcelona.. Objectively, he's done a lot with Barcelona. But how good will he be if he moves leagues?. Will he move leagues like Ronaldo for an objective challenge of proving himself everywhere?. Or does he not have the ambition.. Meh. My opinion is reserved. There are some other significant factors that do this for me (including my depression).

Thats unfair though. The 2002 Brazil team was very very good (Arguably better than the current Spain team).

Argentina wont win the world cup' date=' as their defenders are awful, and teams like Spain or Brazil will brush them away. I really dont think winning a world cup (7 games) should determine whether he gets 99 or not. And your basically saying that the country that wins the world cup, most of its players will rise? (The amount of people saying Rooney will only rise if England win is rather annoying)

[b']If he gets World player of the year again (Sure he will) then 99 has to come[/b].

yeah l agree in the bold. but Messi he will reach 99 anyway but not in the next rating change in spain before world cup thats my opinion not everyone. Messi as already prove himself in the Clubs stage and l think he can do he same in international stage which he has but not in term of winning trophies like example ( World CUP) to give me more chance to reach 99. is only 22 so he has a lot of time ahead of him

Rooney yeah is on top form but remember when torres was on top form did he rise to 97? NO! thats the time where C Ronaldo was Manchester United best player rooney was nothing at that time even if he was providing goals but he didnt derserve is rating and now is showing us that is a real 96 material. am not saying he won't reach 97 but wining the world cup will give him more chance of reaching 97 thats all