Lionel Messi

Raz

Lionel Messi  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Lionel Messi

Messi had an amazing season at Barcelona last season scoring 34 goals and he has been dominating for Argentina in the World Cup so far. If those two accomplishments alone are not enough to get him to 99, then what's it gonna take to finally see a 99 ranked player in SM? Discuss.

Re: Lionel Messi

Messi had an amazing season at Barcelona last season scoring 34 goals and he has been dominating for Argentina in the World Cup so far. If those two accomplishments alone are not enough to get him to 99' date=' then what's it gonna take to finally see a 99 ranked player in SM? Discuss.[/quote']

he will have to keep it up for another season and drastically improve with argentina, as you say, i dont think hes been great for argentina, he has no where near an impact that maradona had.i can see it being 2 or 3 rating changes before he MAY get 99.

Messi had an amazing season at Barcelona last season scoring 34 goals and he has been dominating for Argentina in the World Cup so far. If those two accomplishments alone are not enough to get him to 99' date=' then what's it gonna take to finally see a 99 ranked player in SM? Discuss.[/quote']

To be a 99 rated player is very difficult , you need to have a very good rating nearly every much, and must have consistency. Messi is the flawless player but i think he needs to wait may be 1 or 2 years more unless he became a rubbish player.

Really?????

From what I have seen he has been doing well enough but it seems to be Tevez and Higuain "dominating" and controlling the games for the Argies. Along with Veron etc.

Imo Ozil has had a much better and effective world cup so far.

Dont get me wrong I agree that he must hit 99 soon BUT he needs to have a storming world cup for it to happen anytime soon.

And currently he is having a good world cup - he is not dominating by any means.;)

I was very impressed by some of Messi's performances for Barcelona, round about the Arsenal destuct time.

My son said to me, Best Player in the world Dad? I said, "I don't know a better one".

My son, who knows a fair bit about Football & is no mean amateur player himself, questioned as good as Pele? I thought about it for a while & said " He has the potential to be as good as the Best Player who ever lived Yes! BUT, he needs to continue to play at this very high level AND DOMINATE the World Cup (Not forced to be THIS ONE btw). I looked forward to this WC particularly with this in mind and so far .... he's played well ... but he's not dominated some average teams which doesn't put him into Pele's class.

So my question is was Pele 100? or 99? And if so Messi, in my opinion is a 97 or 98 at present. I still think he has the potential to take a WC match by the "scruff of its neck" & destroy a Germany or Spain etc in the Final & if he manages to do this then the 99 is possible / probable. If he continues just to play "very well" in the present WC then NO NOT YET! He'll have to wait for another WC & another opportunity.

Really?????

From what I have seen he has been doing well enough but it seems to be Tevez and Higuain "dominating" and controlling the games for the Argies. Along with Veron etc.

Imo Ozil has had a much better and effective world cup so far.

Dont get me wrong I agree that he must hit 99 soon BUT he needs to have a storming world cup for it to happen anytime soon.

And currently he is having a good world cup - he is not dominating by any means.;)

Even if Messi is not scoring the goals for Argentina he is setting most of them up' date=' and [b']if[/b] they can get through Germany in the up-coming quarter final i'm confident they have what it takes to win the world cup. Which no doubt will strengthen the chances of Messi's inevitable 99 rise ;).

germany will beat argentina and messi will never reach 99 .....only if barca won 2 cl in row ' date='which wont happen,messi has impact on argentina like some 88 rated player so,he s there just cause he s one of the best in barca,not many asissts goals for argentina[/quote']

Messi will undoubtedly reach 99... It's a matter of when, not if for Messi to get 99. *touch wood* he doesn't get injured. Ikea wooden desk here, so we're OK :D

If he's peaked at 23 there's something seriously wrong, he's got a good 5 or 6seasons to reach his peak, and I can see him keeping 99 for a few years once he gets it. Very short sighted of you to say he won't get 99, and on your point, I can see Barca easily picking up 2 champion's leagues in a row, provided that Manchester City and Real Madrid don't buy their way to the titles and players first.

And to say Messi looks like an 88 rated player for Argentina is b*llocks... He's done everything but score for them so far in the world cup. :rolleyes:

spot on spam...

just because he hasnt beat 11 men n scored (yet haha£ doesnt mean hes playing at 88. hes been brilliant, not his usual god like self, but still the best player to grace africas green fields!!

do people not undastand also that messi get marked by an army most games, why do u think tevez n higuain get so much space. he attracts defenders

• 5 months later...

Messi 98-99 - and heres why..

Messi has been on fire this season! scoring 20 goals already if my sources are correct.. he is yet again on course for another 40 goals in a season. Messi has not only scored many goals this season, but also in previous seasons as you are probably aware. Now i beleive this is his time to get that 99, now he has proved he can peform season after season!

Some of you may argue that Messi cannnot get the 99 because he hasn't won the world cup with argentina yet.. However Ronaldhino won the world cup in 2002 with brazil ,his 99 rating doesnt correspond to the time period in which he was a world cup winner!

please debate..

Respuesta: Re: Messi 98-99 - and heres why..

Doubt he'll get it.

SM will always see Ronaldo and him as equals. If they give messi a 99 and leave Ronaldo at 98' date=' people will start to say they're biased towards Barca and Messi.[/quote']

I doubt SM wouldnt rise Messi because of that, and i doubt there are that blind to see Messi and Ronaldo as equals. Messi will rise if SM believes he did a good job playing for Argentina (which i believe he did) so im positive this time will happen.

Re: Messi 98-99 - and heres why..

Doubt he'll get it.

SM will always see Ronaldo and him as equals. If they give messi a 99 and leave Ronaldo at 98' date=' people will start to say they're biased towards Barca and Messi.[/quote']

+ they won't see them as equals.. who got player of the season last year?

Also, Messi is in an La Liga winning team, real madrid- arn't.

I doubt SM wouldnt rise Messi because of that' date=' and i doubt there are that blind to see Messi and Ronaldo as equals. Messi will rise if SM believes he did a good job playing for Argentina (which i believe he did) so im positive this time will happen.[/quote']
+ they won't see them as equals.. who got player of the season last year?

Also' date=' Messi is in an La Liga winning team, real madrid- arn't.[/quote']

There are too many Ronaldo fanboys. SM wont take the risk.

Respuesta: Re: Messi 98-99 - and heres why..

There are too many Ronaldo fanboys. SM wont take the risk.

With that argument i can tell you there are many Messi fans who might believe SM is been biased towards Madrid by keeping Messi and Ronaldo at the same level when they are clearly not in the same level. There are probably more Messi fans than Ronaldo's btw...

I think that messi showed everything versus real.Even if ronaldo was my fav player when he played in manchester and he is great in real now but tbh real cant play versus barcelona.I just saw ronaldo few times on that game he didint showed nothing,just argguing.While messi was playing with ramos.And i think he deserves 99 but we will see but i dont belive that he will going to rise.But one more fact is that he was the best player on the world last year and 99% that he will be again now.