Greatest FA Cup shock ever?

What an FA Cup it has been this year. The year of shocks and kudos to the championship - 3 teams in the semis. Whatever happens now it's a great achievement. But what is your favourite shock of this year (or not as the case maybe). Any memories you have of your team being the giant-killer or the fallen giant. I'm not gonna mention the shocks from this year as we all know them. But do they compare to some of these from the FA cup archives?

Ps I hope I dont offend anyone here as I can't really think of a team who hasn't suffered one. Also lets keep any malicious feeling out of this thread

Walsall 2-0 Arsenal (1939) - one of the earliest shocks

Yeovil 2-1 Sunderland (1949) - beat a team containing legendary Len Shackleton

Hereford 2-1 Newcastle (1972) - who could forget the famous celebration

Sunderland 2-1 Leeds (1973) - Beat "the giants" Leeds team of that era

Bournemouth 2-0 Manchester United (1984) - the first of Harry Redknapp's famous shocks versus Man U

Wimbledon 1-0 Liverpool (1988) - The Crazy gangs finest moment

Sutton United 2-1 Coventry (1989) - Famous afternoon for the coalminers

Woking 4-2 West Brom (1991) - Buzaglo was the hat-trick hero

Wrexham 2-1 Arsenal(1992) - Mickey Thomas the hero for the welshmen

Shrewsbury 2-1 Everton (2003) - Ratcliffe came back to topple his former team

Of course there's so many more, which is why the FA cup is no doubt the greatest domestic cup competition in the world. I could go on for days and there are so many to choose from, but what's the biggest shock ever in your eyes and why do you think so?

Re: Greatest FA Cup shock ever?

There is an FA semi i can remember and thought was a fore gone conclusion and that we were heading straight to the final ,we had beaten Palace 9-0 in the league at Anfield and Steve Coppell's Eagles were given no chance but recovered from twice going a goal behind to win 4-3 with Alan Pardew heading home the extra-time winner.

I believe its a game still voted by Palace fans as their all-time favourite,yes it may not have been classed as a minnow knocking out a big club at the time ,but it was a massive shock to all .:)

There is an FA semi i can remember and thought was a fore gone conclusion and that we were heading straight to the final ' date='we had beaten Palace 9-0 in the league at Anfield and Steve Coppell's Eagles were given no chance but recovered from twice going a goal behind to win 4-3 with Alan Pardew heading home the extra-time winner.

I believe its a game still voted by Palace fans as their all-time favourite,yes it may not have been classed as a minnow knocking out a big club at the time ,but it was a massive shock to all .:)[/quote']

That was probably the biggest for me personally too. Even Steve Nicol scored in the 9-0. The script was written though! Still have bad flashbacks whenever any of the Palace teams names are mentioned....Gray, Bright, Pardew, Salako, Thomas, Thorn, Pemberton...uggghhh! The inury to Gillespie during the game cost us big time. Most bookies were refusing to take bets on us winning. Sure was a great shock.

Guest Sooty's Football Brain

What about Oldham away to Everton, surely just because they didn't get as far doesn't mean we can't dismiss that result