Top 10 worst flops in the Premiership

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Top 10 worst flops in the Premiership

Pellegrino? Nunez? Both shockers.

i wouldn't say nunez was a flop - had some decent games but he wasn't expected to set the world on fire, just fill in for the odd game (unfortunately there were a fair few injuries that year)

and pelle gave hyypia well-needed rest for the CL, so pelle won the CL for liverpool ;)

Adrian Mutu

Adrian Mutu

Just a few from the top of my head...Probably mentioned.

Most of 'em are Chelsea players. :o Probably when they got too caught up with the money and just started buying randomly

1: lol! of course chelski spend wreckless. it kills their fans to hear it BECAUSE NO ONE PAINS OVER LIES' date=' just the truth. dear chelsea fans, deal with it, you're spoiled and rich. enjoy the frivolous nature of luxury.... and laugh with us at 100 million dollar signings made with NO ATTENTION PAID TO PREMIERSHIP ACCESSIBILITY. sheva was the least suited superstar to the league, and was bought solely for shock value. sad thing is, for every 1 of these type of bust, their wrecklessness lands them perennial title contention.

2:Mutu cannot be in the same class as Taibi and the rest of these lazy rubes. He's (appart from the last Euros..... ) obvioulsy one of the top 15 strikers in the world, who got busted for the mo-mo-mo-caine (excuse: "um, i took it to enhance my sexual performance" looooooooooool). i'd leave him in some other group, since his performance is not the issue.[/indent]

Re: Top ten from a neutral point of view

didnt he get the career-ending injury soon after joining chelsea? harsh to put him in there

to add to this list:

florin raducioiu

marco boogers

finidi george

matteo sereni

salif diao

massimo maccarone

brian laudrup

maniche

jiri jarosik

gio van bronkhorst

matias vuoso

luciano figueroa

bruno cheyrou

can probably think of some more - dont think the above have been mentioned yet

Definitely one of the biggest EPL flops i have ever seen in my life!

Pathetic Club? 2 League Titles and 1 FA Cup is Pathetic is it?

It is when the FA Cup win was in 1945 and the league titles were in the earlier 70's. They are a pathetic club now, they were in 2001 when Ravanelli was there- they got relegated during the period he was there if I'm not mistaken

It is when the FA Cup win was in 1945 and the league titles were in the earlier 70's. They are a pathetic club now' date=' they were in 2001 when Ravanelli was there- they got relegated during the period he was there if I'm not mistaken[/quote']

You seriously do need to get out of your head that Derby are pathetic, becuase we are not, we are always gonna be judged on last season, which isn't fair, coz its in the past, and yes, we did get relegated, but we were extremely unlucky that season, we missed a Peno against Liverpool to grab 3 points, we have a goal dissallowed against United which was a perfectly normal goal, which we would of got 3 points.

You seriously do need to get out of your head that Derby are pathetic' date=' becuase we are not, we are always gonna be judged on last season, which isn't fair, coz its in the past, and yes, we did get relegated, but we were extremely unlucky that season, we missed a Peno against Liverpool to grab 3 points, we have a goal dissallowed against United which was a perfectly normal goal, which we would of got 3 points.[/quote']

Can I safely say they are a decent mid table Championship side?

Even then, back to Ravanelli, for him to score 14 goals in 50 starts for a side struggling for survival does not warrant him to be labelled a flop.

Can I safely say they are a decent mid table Championship side?

Even then' date=' back to Ravanelli, for him to score 14 goals in 50 starts for a side struggling for survival does not warrant him to be labelled a flop.[/quote']

Yeah, they are at the moment, they soon won't be, this season ill take a mid table finish, but next season will be a promotion push.

And i still dont like the way your talking about us,

Mind, Typical United fan.

We expected alot from Ravenelli, and nothing massive came, and those 14 goals never really mattered. Most of them were consolation goals, like when Boro smashed us 6-1

Yeah' date=' they are at the moment, they soon won't be, this season ill take a mid table finish, but next season will be a promotion push.

And i still dont like the way your talking about us,

Mind, Typical United fan.

We expected alot from Ravenelli, and nothing massive came, and those 14 goals never really mattered. Most of them were consolation goals, like when Boro smashed us 6-1[/quote']

How is what I'm saying make me a typical United fan? Just being brutally honest.

You guys get Ravanelli, with the rest of the team nothing special and expect him to be massive. One player doesn't change a team. If he doesn't get the proper service from mediocre wingers and attacking midfielders, how is he supposed to be a massive player?

My point is just that he's not a flop, let alone

Biggest flop ever

How is what I'm saying make me a typical United fan? Just being brutally honest.

You guys get Ravanelli' date=' with the rest of the team nothing special and expect him to be massive. One player doesn't change a team. If he doesn't get the proper service from mediocre wingers and attacking midfielders, how is he supposed to be a massive player?

My point is just that he's not a flop, let alone .[/quote']

United Fans - Most of them so arrogant about winning, and half of them are Glory supporters anyway

and we did have talent in that side, Ravenelli was there to help us out, but overall he has only there for the money.

The likes of Kinkladze, Christie, Strupar, Carbonari, Seth Johnson, Mawane etc were good players, and as I mentioned, we didn't have alot of luck that season.

Ravenelli had the chance to be a hero and he blew it. End of.

And he is arguably the one who put us in debt with his ridiculous wages which he had, we should never of signed him.

Cheyrou, Diao (LFC), Meijer, Dundee, Diouf (12mil LFC), Mario Stanic, Morientes, Veron, Crespo, Shevchenko, Prunier, Bogarde, Rebrov, Boumsong, Marlet, Luque, Josemi, Del Horno ?, Maccoroni ,Blanc , Pelligrino,Materazzi, Brolin

imagine what that lost cost :eek: let alone the ones i have forgot