All These New SETUPS?

Re: All These New SETUPS?

What Does It Mean For SM?

IS SM ABOUT TO COMPLETLY OVERHAUL GC'S B) ?

To What Extent?

Will Be Nice Additions For All Non Gold Members Been Able To Play In Leagues Like This..

But This Must Mean An Alternitave Way Of Getting Gold Memebers Will Be Introduced Soon Or Are SM Just Been Nice :o

INTERNATIONAL SETUPS?

I agree with that, I feel SM should make 1 English, 1 Spanish, 1 Italian, 1 German, 1 French, 1 Scottish and possibly 1 Dutch league each day, as well as 3 World Champs for all members, and also 1 Euro Champ each week.

Then for only Gold members there should be a World Cup and a European Cup made each day (or some kind of international), and then 1 Gold Champ each month,

That's my opinion,

What you lot think?

I agree with that' date=' I feel SM should make 1 English, 1 Spanish, 1 Italian, 1 German, 1 French, 1 Scottish and possibly 1 Dutch league each day, as well as 3 World Champs for all members, and also 1 Euro Champ each week.

Then for only Gold members there should be a World Cup and a European Cup made each day (or some kind of international), and then 1 Gold Champ each month,

That's my opinion,

What you lot think?[/quote']

Agree with you. It would be nice to have more types of setups and not just adding loads and loads of new EC and WC setups each day.

I think that every day SM should make -

• 1 English
  • 1 Spanish
  • 1 Italian
  • 1 Euro
  • 1 French
  • 1 German
  • 2 World
  • And a Gold setup should be made every month (at the minimum)
  • 1 International setup a fortnight. (When they are introduced).

I also think that when SM introduce International setups they should make them avalible for Gold members only. I think this because SM have recently introduced the Spanish and Italian setups and soon there will be French and German and all of these setups will be avalible to non gold and gold members. And lets face it in todays world £15 pounds is nothing. And with the introduction of theses new setups non gold members now have thousands of teams avalible for them to manage.

So in all i say cut down on the number of setups made and make International setups for gold members only when they are introduced. ;)

I agree with that' date=' I feel SM should make 1 English, 1 Spanish, 1 Italian, 1 German, 1 French, 1 Scottish and possibly 1 Dutch league each day, as well as 3 World Champs for all members, and also 1 Euro Champ each week.

That's my opinion,

What you lot think?[/quote']

Agree with you Ben, but not everyday because there would be to many, I prefer a few everyday. Arund 5 would be ok, a few each day, but mix it up :)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

We will make an announcement on the SM Blog shortly regarding the new Setup Types and also in relation to Custom Setup Templates.

Lads Your Goin Off Road Here' date='

Dont Care What Way SM Plan to Do These Setups..

Im More Interested In The Effects It Will Have On The Game/ GC/ New Fetures ect

Thanks[/quote']

I don't think it will have any big effect, it just means more options in terms of setups which is a good thing imo.

I agree with most of that other than this:

• And a Gold setup should be made every month (at the minimum)
  • 1 International setup a fortnight. (When they are introduced).

Gold Members need more privileges imo' date=' and 3 leagues a month is not that much when you consider now many GM's there are. The number is currently 4119, but i know for a fact it is rising. From you idea, For GM's there would be only:

International: 2 x 40 = 80 clubs

GC: 1 x 400 = 400 clubs

This giving a total of 480 clubs for 4119 members. Equal to each GM getting a club in a gold setup every 8.58 months.

If they used my my system where there would be 1 Euro up and 1 world cup a day, this is how many clubs there would be:

Euro - 30 x 20 = 600

World - 30 x 40 = 1200

Gold - 1 x 400 = 400

This giving 2200 clubs a month for 4119 members. Meaning each GM gets a club in a gold setup every 1.87 months

[b']EDIT: sorry Shelbourne, just read your post ;) [/b]

Guest F.C. Internazionale Milano

We will make an announcement on the SM Blog shortly regarding the new Setup Types and also in relation to Custom Setup Templates.

inside the article in the blog will it tell us what time the setups will be made

Waited a few days to check, but I dont think any new setups are actually being made by SM!

EC and WC's yes but I haven't noticed any other setups actually made by SM, except from the first ones. So now, if you don't really want to pay, you have to wait for someone else to come and pay.

And also, the "other" league setups such as Mexican, Scotish clubs dor example, dont have the number of setups under it, they just have the overall number on top, so you don't know which setup is getting made next and you can't get prepared!

Hate to play Devil's advocate here with all the feel-good vibes coming through with regards to all these new set-ups etc.....but am going to do so anyway :D . There of course are lots of positives with these new set ups and I'll list them first:

Positives

- More set-ups = more choice of teams for everyone

- Many new challenges to achieve

- Chance to compete against teams and managers against whom you would not normally compete against

- A need to increase your knowledge of world football to take part in these new set-ups - will benefit us all.

- New chances for non-EPL fans to lead their favourite teams to glory.

But, unfortunately there are just as many things to worry about in my opinion:

Negatives

- More set-ups leads to more accounts and managed teams, which in turn will lead to more time to wait for results.

- Risk of managers taking on too many teams and then neglecting/'forgetting' to manage some of their teams hence spoiling the experience for other managers already in their league (this has already begun :mad: )

- More choice of teams will lead to more unmanaged teams in all leagues including standard and custom set-ups. Already started in many ways - check out the latest Spanish/Italian set-ups (who would take Eibar or Spezia if you know there'll be another set-up created later that day or tomorrow :rolleyes: )

- If as many set-ups are to be created daily as suggested by some on this thread, you will find more teams ruined by people who will make transfers and then leave after a few days or their first loss. Again if you know there'll be another set-up in an hour or half an hour then why should you hang on to that team.

Like I said, i'm sorry to be a party-pooper here, but I for one hope that these set-ups are kept infrequent just for now, just to encourage people to choose their teams carefully. I guess a lot of people are going to disagree with me here :o , but I feel I am making some valid points here with regards to the future of SM

I also hope as a few have mentioned on the thread that Gold members will get some new exclusive championships to enter. Because to be frank, with all these new set-ups now, is the Gold membership actually worth it....:eek: ? Other than the GCs what benefits do we have? I sincerely hope the revamped GCs will be worth the wait and we do get some other exclusive championships to take part in ;) .

I think that they should make only top teams leagues with 5 teams/division , with 2 or 3 divisions and with top 10 or top 15 teams because 75% of the managers want an big team and in this way , we'll have more full setups and more fun

:rolleyes:

Hate to play Devil's advocate here with all the feel-good vibes coming through with regards to all these new set-ups etc.....but am going to do so anyway :D . There of course are lots of positives with these new set ups and I'll list them first:

Positives

- More set-ups = more choice of teams for everyone

- Many new challenges to achieve

- Chance to compete against teams and managers against whom you would not normally compete against

- A need to increase your knowledge of world football to take part in these new set-ups - will benefit us all.

- New chances for non-EPL fans to lead their favourite teams to glory.

But' date=' unfortunately there are just as many things to worry about in my opinion:

[b']Negatives[/b]

- More set-ups leads to more accounts and managed teams, which in turn will lead to more time to wait for results.

- Risk of managers taking on too many teams and then neglecting/'forgetting' to manage some of their teams hence spoiling the experience for other managers already in their league (this has already begun :mad: )

- More choice of teams will lead to more unmanaged teams in all leagues including standard and custom set-ups. Already started in many ways - check out the latest Spanish/Italian set-ups (who would take Eibar or Spezia if you know there'll be another set-up created later that day or tomorrow :rolleyes: )

- If as many set-ups are to be created daily as suggested by some on this thread, you will find more teams ruined by people who will make transfers and then leave after a few days or their first loss. Again if you know there'll be another set-up in an hour or half an hour then why should you hang on to that team.

Like I said, i'm sorry to be a party-pooper here, but I for one hope that these set-ups are kept infrequent just for now, just to encourage people to choose their teams carefully. I guess a lot of people are going to disagree with me here :o , but I feel I am making some valid points here with regards to the future of SM

I also hope as a few have mentioned on the thread that Gold members will get some new exclusive championships to enter. Because to be frank, with all these new set-ups now, is the Gold membership actually worth it....:eek: ? Other than the GCs what benefits do we have? I sincerely hope the revamped GCs will be worth the wait and we do get some other exclusive championships to take part in ;) .

I completely agree with you there mate.

All these new setups being created leads to unmanaged teams and managers forgetting to take care.

tbh - I don't even agree with nearly 5 new WC's being created everyday!

These new setups should be limited, as Arslan mentioned, people won't take up smaller clubs as they know a new setup will be created tomorrow.

I would just say calm down on the setups for a while. We know the game is growing but still there are over hundreds of unmanaged teams left over, not everyone HAS to have Barcelona etc...

Most setups are usually full if it is a friends setup - eg - SC2 (Leigh created it and most forumers joined)

But I guess it is only forumers who have the capability of filling one whole setup by themselves if it means playing alongside your friends and taking up a challenge with a smaller team.

So SM - Please calm down with the setups, make them limited. Why creat so many setups if it leads to unmanaged teams and longer result times?

Like Arslan, not trying to be a so called 'party pooper' :D

New setups everyday do have their short term advantages, but every new setup also brings along a long term disadvantage ;)

TBH i think this will in a way make the game more complex and complicated. If sm keeps adding more and more setups it will get really confusing as i had already noticed on the setups part of the forum. i kept clicking on the wrong thing which would be where the world champs thread and english champs thread used to be. i think it will actually affect the game heaps, bringing in a whole lot of gold members and i think it will be to confusing for me if it keeps expanding like this.

so i think the move for the international setups is a bad move

maybe just have the major leagues (spain, italy, english, world, maybe german and france)

agreed. i was thinking of buying another GM' date=' but now i would only do that when i can swap clubs...[/quote']

Same Here Probly 2 Aswell, Said At The Time Last September When I Got GM that i Would Get a Secound If This Came In, & With All The New Teams I've Taken Probily a Third Aswell.

Exspected It To Be In By Now TBH :(

Same Here Probly 2 Aswell' date=' Said At The Time Last September When I Got GM that i Would Get a Secound If This Came In, & With All The New Teams I've Taken Probily a Third Aswell.

Exspected It To Be In By Now TBH :([/quote']

now i have 4 accounts, and i was about to borrow my brother's spare account just for the clubs:cool: but its taking me too long to log in and out. i estimate that i lose around 5 minutes a day, and thats more than half an hour in a week which could be used to do transfers:mad:

Bring Up The Topico of Account Swap Feature..

I really Need This Now :(

Yep' date=' this is needed now more than ever. I currently have one account with 14 teams and this is confusing enough from day-to-day to organise teams, formations, to work out when the next match is etc. So I too was thinking about purchasing a second GC (just like FrozzenSlayer). But without the account swap feature will I lose my teams through either:

(1) Someone snapping up my team before I manage to logout and login again with my other account

(2) SM not allowing me to take up my team with my other account due to this IP address thingymajig rule and getting banned from re-taking it (still don't get this rule completely :o )

I know some people have managed to organise their teams by having one account for standard set-ups/GCs and one for custom set-ups and this would how I ideally would want to do it. But is it possible with all this supposed banning from set-ups going on?

Slightly off-topic, but another suggestion to come from this would be:

[b'](1) Displaying date of next fixture (and opponent?) on the home page[/b] - this should be shown on the home page under our clubs, perhaps under the 'Last logged in' for each team as it would certainly help me and others I would guess :o

All these new setups being created leads to unmanaged teams and managers forgetting to take care.

These new setups should be limited' date=' as Arslan mentioned,[b'] people won't take up smaller clubs as they know a new setup will be created tomorrow. [/b]

I would just say calm down on the setups for a while. We know the game is growing but still there are over hundreds of unmanaged teams left over, not everyone HAS to have Barcelona etc...

Most setups are usually full if it is a friends setup - eg - SC2 (Leigh created it and most forumers joined)

But I guess it is only forumers who have the capability of filling one whole setup by themselves if it means playing alongside your friends and taking up a challenge with a smaller team.

So SM - Please calm down with the setups, make them limited. Why creat so many setups if it leads to unmanaged teams and longer result times?

Sorry to be a killjoy but this has been raised time and time again ,SM have to keep these going for demand of supply ,its no good saying and thinking if they are limited then members will take up the others hence the quote " not everyone has to be a Barca" ,no they dont but the trouble is getting them to believe it ,but the problem is if you dont give them the big clubs they demand then they will go elswhere and check back later ,THEY DO NOT TAKE THE SMALLER,its already been tried ages ago when even i used to moan about making set ups ,i even had a period of threads putting the stats of all the sets and percentage of unmanaged.

SM to give them credit stopped making them ,did they fill up ,

more chance of getting price of beer knocked down in Budget .:D

Also remember these are all Free set ups so your not going to drive what could be future customers away .:)

Sorry to be a killjoy but this has been raised time and time again ' date='SM have to keep these going for demand of supply ,its no good saying and thinking if they are limited then members will take up the others hence the quote " not everyone has to be a Barca" ,no they dont but the trouble is getting them to believe it ,but the problem is if you dont give them the big clubs they demand then they will go elswhere and check back later ,THEY DO NOT TAKE THE SMALLER,its already been tried ages ago when even i used to moan about making set ups ,i even had a period of threads putting the stats of all the sets and percentage of unmanaged.

SM to give them credit stopped making them ,did they fill up ,

more chance of getting price of beer knocked down in Budget .:D

Also remember these are all Free set ups so your not going to drive what could be future customers away .:)[/quote']

But around 5-6 new WC's per day....

Around 3 Spanish setups per day

3 Italian Setups per day......

5 English Championships per day...

16/17 setups per day is a bit much don't you think?

If you look at the "Add new clubs" menu, there are many 'big' teams which are unmanaged....

All I'm saying is what's wrong with managing the odd Ajax? or Benfica?:)

I don't see what this has to do with being a future 'customer'...:confused:

When you're a GM, the only thing you can do is manage more clubs, create setups and compete in GC's.

Having a big club doesn't affect any of those things. The only thing I can think of is becoming a GM to fit all my Barca's in one account!:D

So if I was a basic member, and I had a Barca in a new setup - that would force me to become a GM? not likely.

The only thing that would make me become a GM is having NO big clubs, so when I am a GM, I'll know that I will have a chance of becoming a Barca with my new custom setup :)

To get new customers, you have to show a massive difference between GM's and basic members. So basic members would feel that they are getting more when becoming a GM.

When I was a basic member, I used to think - "Why become a GM when you have a Barca"..... But then again, not everyone thinks like me :P

All I want SM to do is calm down with the setups....:)

16 new setups a day is a bit OTT imo.

What's wrong with 3-5?:)

Players that pay for their setups can be given a specific date to which it will be created.

EG - I buy a standard setup & create it today. There could be a notice saying "Dear Sparky, the setup you have created will be ready on the 20th March" - etc.... Max 5 Days or seomthing

Thanks,