Re: Scottish Setup 1

spl.jpg

SPLWEEK1.jpg

Spl Champions Glasgow Celtic will raise the Championship flag on Saturday the 15th of March against Dundee United at Celtic Park which is sure to be a thrilling opening day encouter. Friel has been very busy in the transfer market of late doing his best to bring in already established talent and getting rid of the duds the club had been harbouring for too long.

Friel has signed no less than ten superstars but the player who transferred from Spain (L.Messi) is by far the most exciting ever to grace Scottish Football. Others such as C.Poulsen and W.Gallas have also been brought in by Friel and the great Dane has been awarded the captincy taking over from McManus the only original first team member to survive the chop.

Celtic manager Friel has already announced his starting 11 to face Ross Phillip's Dundee Utd subject to last minute transfer dealings. (C.Seedorf & R.Taddei)

lineup.jpg

Philp arrives.. at Tannadice!

422.gif

Experienced manager Ross Philp came back into football management by taking up the job at Dundee United, making the trip from his hometown of Fife just down the road. Philp said earlier: "I have a very good squad and my prime aim is to finish in the top six. If we do so, then we can build for the following season, and the higher we finish, the better for the club - I will do all I can to help this happen and hopefully the season is a good one".

player-image-23270.jpg

With only a low-rated Zaluska as keeper, Philp was unsure of whether to go for youth or experience, eventually opting for experience buying goalkeeper Brad Friedel from Blackburn for £1.6m. Philp says that: "Although Brad is 36, he is still able of performing well and has showed this throughout his time at Blackburn and also on international duty, a good player".

adam_johnson.jpg

With a lack of wingers in the side, Philp opted for youth this time and picked the tricky winger that is 20 year old Adam Johnson from Middlesbrough of the Premiership. "Yes he cost us £5.5m but I had my scouts watch the young lad and he really impressed. Its an honour to have him at the club", said Philp at the press conference earlier.

BojanKrkic.jpg

With Noel Hunt looking for a partner upfront, and with Philp looking at the possible 4:5:1 formation, he decided not to and signed Bojan from Barcelona. The 17 year old came at a costly £7.5m. Philp said: "What a player.. what a player! I'm backing him and Noel to hit it off straight away and hopefully they will strike up a successful partnership soon".

74439.jpg

With the Tannadice club lacking in depth in defence, Philp again went for players of the future as 18 year old Dirk Marcellis joined from PSV. The young defender cost the club a measly £30k, but Kenneth and Daly went abroad. Philp thought that: "Dirk is a great talent and the fans need not worry that Gary and also John have left in search of better things".

Philp's side start with backed champions Celtic tomorrow, and this is the side:

Friedel

Dods Wilkie Dillon

Gomis©

Flood Robertson Bauben Johnson

Bojan Hunt

Good luck for tomorrow, and the season John :)

SPLWEEK1RESULTS.jpg

Rangers V Motherwell: The Blue half of Glasgow simply outclassed the Lanarkshire side, a great start to the season for Rangers who occupy second place after the win.

Hearts V Aberdeen: The Aberdonians shouldn't have bothered turning up at Tynecastle as they should no fight against a ageing Hearts side. It will be a very long trip home to Pittodrie for Miguel Alfonso and his boys.

Celtic V Dundee Utd: The Spl Champions continued the new campaign in style with the mauling of Dundee Utd at Celtic Park. There is such a gulf in class between the two sides that United never really stood a chance.

Hibernian V Gretna: Torley's side get a good three points at home to Gretna and should be pushing for a top 4 finish this season.

Kilmarnock V St Mirren: A very entertaining game at Rugby park and it looked like Killie would take all the points until ten minutes from time Buddies South American star Franco Miranda scored ten minutes from time. A valuble point for St Mirren but Kilmarnock will feel hard done by.

Falkirk V Inverness CT: A bore draw at Falkirk stadium but Inverness should have won the game after squandering a handful of chances. Henrik Larsson had Falkirks' best opportunity when he gained control on the edge of the box only for the ball to go inches wide of the near post.

lookatme.jpg

Spl Team Of The Week 1

teemofweek1-1.jpg

• 1 month later...

422.gif

DUNDEE UNITED HIT AN EXCELLENT RUN OF FORM

After losing five from their first seven, thumped off Celtic and defeated by Rangers, Hibernian, Aberdeen as well as being knocked out the cup by Celtic too. Wins against Falkirk and Kilmarnock were well deserved and Philp looked to the run of games that seen them face Gretna, Inverness, Motherwell, Hearts and St Mirren.

DUNDEE UNITED 2-1 GRETNA

Kissock gave the visitors a shock lead on nine minutes to unsettle Dundee United as they looked to be heading for another defeat after a terrible start. But Morgaro Gomis drew United level and Philp looked to his strikers Bojan and Hunt to grab a goal and get the winner at Tannadice. And the young winger *Adam Johnson who joined from Boro pre-season struck fifteen minutes from time to seal the victory for United.

adam_johnson.jpg

INVERNESS CALEDONIAN THISTLE 0-1 DUNDEE UNITED

Travelling north for this match, Philp's Dundee United played an Inverness side who were in the the top three before the match and on a good run of form. Dundee United dominated possession but Inverness made the better chances and it was hard to see where a goal would come from for the visitors. *Jordan Robertson scored on 31 minutes which saw Dundee United jump up the table at least for the time being.

JOs.jpg

DUNDEE UNITED 3-0 MOTHERWELL

This game should have been a lot tighter than it ended, with Dundee United thumping Motherwell inside Tannadice Park. Noel Hunt opened the scoring on 23 minutes and a goal six minutes later from *Krkic Perez Bojan gave United a great advantage going in at the break. They continued to control the match again after half time and a goal on 53 minutes from Morgaro Gomis meant that United got their third consecutive win

23740_hp.jpg

HEARTS 3-4 DUNDEE UNITED

Travelling to Tynecastle is never easy and a Hearts side on form made it a tougher task for Philp's United. But when Adam Johnson struck after 5 minutes and a goal ten minutes after the break from *Noel Hunt went in, United settled their nerves. Inzaghi pulled one back for Hearts but Noel Hunt scored again to restore United's lead. Martin Palermo scored two to equalise but Danny Grainger hit the winner on 89 minutes.

noelhunt.jpg

Next up for Dundee United is a match that they will be looking to win as they play St Mirren before facing Celtic and Rangers in close succession. Dundee United are fourth in the Scottish League and Philp has not ruled out the league title as they sit only five points off top with 12 games of the season left. They chase Celtic, Rangers and Hibernian, all of whom are above them in the Scottish League.

• 1 month later...

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee34/JohnBhoy1888/194_9466.jpg[/img]"]194_9466.jpg

Glasgow Celtic have been confirmed Champions of Scotland after beating Gretna 6 - 1 at Celtic Park in front of a packed crowd. Celtic dominated top spot for the vast majority of the season and were only ever troubled by Edinburgh outfit Hibernian managed by John Paul Torley whos side put 8 goals past the Hoops from both occasions when they met.

Next season is what we are already looking forward to and we know it will be much harder. Torley has done exceptional and I'm sure they will be on our heels next seaon but I feel we can reign once more. However there is still one game to play which doesnt have much significanse but we will go out a do a professional job then the partying begins.

Well done Jinky, I done better than expected tbh, if I win my last game I will finish second which is not bad for the Hibees but well done on becoming the first champions of Scottish championship 1.

What do you know, it's three in a row, :D .

• 2 months later...

194_9466.jpg

Shels Takes Over Were Jinky Left Off+

Glasgow Celtic Captured A Domestic Double With A Game To Spare On Saturday, Hibees Pushed Them A Long Way But Shels Exsperience Helped The Celtic Team Suceed,

He Took Over When They Were Off The Pace After A Few Games, But Hard Work From The Whole Sqaud Captured The League Cup Double FOr Shels In His First Season In Charge,

Shels Exspects Much The Same Next Season & Will Be Hoping To Add To His Sqaud For Next Seasons Opening Match.

A Credit To Shels Managerial Approach

31756_1217424286.jpg

In-Set: Daniel Opare Who Played 8 Games This Season As The Celtic Team Were Stretched To The Limit.

• 1 year later...

Is it finally the dirty scums season Shels 6 points in front but with 10 games still to go :eek: Whats with Greenock Morton I mean the manager hasn't once changed his tactics since he took over seasons ago and I still haven't beat them with any team and he plays 4-4-2 :o

• 5 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Welcome lads! I did have a few decent youth players for sale a while back' date=' but I ended up selling them externally to trim the squad down. There are plenty of good buys out there externally at the moment though[/quote']

cheers mate.......also take a minute to vote for Noisy (Clyde Manager) in forumer of the year ;)

• 1 year later...