Behind the scenes with Fred Lane

Yes, I'm here at Ewood Park, where the players are at pre-season training. I'm here with three Blackburn players, striker Nuno Gomes, goalkeeper Brad Friedel and new signing, midfielder Tim Cahill

We'll start off with you, Nuno. You were the first buy for Blackburn Rovers under new manager Paul Thame, you didn't have much time to prove yourself. Do you feel you need this season to really prove yourself?

'Um... last season I feel was... a trial becuase I came into the squad late. Me and Craig (Bellamy) are on first name terms, so we work well together. We hope to bring at least 20 goals each to the team.'

You promise good things, can you really trust Craig and the others to help you, especially the manager?

'Of course. The manager, I forget his name, trusts me and Craig to provide the goods, so I suppose I trust him for believing in me and Craig. And as long as Tim here supplies the ammo, we'll fire and hope to score.'

Tim, the manager, Paul Thame, spotted you at Barcelona and decided to give you a chance at Ewood Park at the expense of Charles N'Zogbia. Does that give you a confidence boost ahead of the season?

'Yes, of course. I felt under-utilized at Barcelona. Mind you, I think the bench was pretty warm over there, where I sat there all the time. Blackburn were the only team who thought the exact same, so they offered me a one-way ticket out of the Nou Camp which cost them £7 million, but I'm worth every penny of it.'

How are you coping with a new life in Blackburn?

'I feel good... very good. I get on with everyone at Ewood Park, I've slotted in well, and looking at the team sheet for Saturday, I'm first choice already. I've made a mark on the management staff, as the head coach, and Brad have realised.'

Why Brad?

'I was training for free-kicks, I was shooting from 30 yeards, belted it full whack, he mis-judged it and hit him right in the face.'

Brad. You're the one keeping the stronghold for Blackburn, do you feel any pressure?

'There's a phrase. You have to be crazy to be a goalkeeper, and sometimes, when goalkeepers are letting in 7 or 8, they are. Hopefully I won't be on the recieving end of an 8 goal leathering this season.'

There's rumours that management staff are planning to buy Edwin Van Der Sar and they're planning on using you as bait. Any thoughts?

'The management staff are higher than me, so I feel that if they want to shake things up a bit, up to them.'

Thanks for your time, this is Fred Lane signing off for EC news

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 3 Yesterday Reviews. West Ham United 0 x 2 Charlton Athletic What an impressive game! Playing away from their home, Adam's Charlton showed their true potential yesterday. W

Re: English Championship 3 Addicks Land German Ace Charlton have been busy during the summer drawing up conclusions on what positions they need to strengthen. The first and most important pos

Re: English Championship 3 I have Everton on offer for the second time in four days if anyone wants them let me know. Toggs was suppose to want them but since he has taken over Cheltenham I guess any

Posted Images

CLEARANCE SALE AT BARNSLEY :eek:

Due to unforeseen circumstances Herby has decided to list a number of prospects on the open market.

HE is open to ALL offers (subject to SMFA sanctions) but for CASH only.

PAPADOPULOS, Michal 21/79/CF/1.7M WHAT'S HE WORTH??

NARDIELLO, Danny 24/77/F/951K CAN I HEAR 500K FOR HIM??

WRIGHT, Fraser 26/83/LB/3M SURELY HE'S WORTH HALF OF HIS VALUE? :eek:

KAY, Anthony 24/79/CB/1.5M CAN I HEAR AN OPENING BID?

REID, Paul 24/78/CB/1.2M GOOD PROSPECT GOING CHEAP!?!? WILL CONSIDER ALL OFFERS!!!

HURRY THESE DEALS WON'T LAST. NEED CASH NOW ..... :D

Cheers,

Herby

Forest looking to clear the decks

Nottingham Forest manager Jehan Bilimoria has placed several players on the transfer market in an attempt to raise funds so that his team will be ready for the "top grade" next year.

Mainly Cash deals, but swaps + cash will be considered

Graham Alexander - 35, LB, 85 500 k or there abouts

Ian Breckin - 31, CB, 80 1 million +

David Tarka - 23, CB, 73 40K

Nathan Tyson - 24, F, 78 2.5 million

Jack Lester - 31, F, 77 1 million

Jim Blackpool is here again to talk to the new Middlesbrough manager Eazymanna as he been told by pthame there was some places left and he look and the best one he had to pick was Middlesbrough and now he is here with us to say about his starting of a manager of Middlesbrough so here he is.

"I glad I found a good team in the setup they have good players and hope the season I make them go up to the division 1 to play on it the team is thinking about getting a new player for up front cause there is not much player up front so that is the first main thing to do and I hope this job will be the best I have done in any setup"

So there you go the manager is sorting out the attack first then play it cool to go up to the division 1 we hope it they can do it from Jim Blackpool Goodevening to all in England.

Nottingham Forest manager Jehan Bilimoria has placed several players on the transfer market in an attempt to raise funds so that his team will be ready for the "top grade" next year.

Mainly Cash deals' date=' but swaps + cash will be considered[/u']

Graham Alexander - 35, LB, 85 500 k or there abouts

Ian Breckin - 31, CB, 80 1 million +

David Tarka - 23, CB, 73 40K

Nathan Tyson - 24, F, 78 2.5 million

Jack Lester - 31, F, 77 1 million

I wouldn't mind a pop for Nathan Tyson

CLEARANCE SALE AT BARNSLEY

Due to unforeseen circumstances Herby has decided to list a number of prospects on the open market.

HE is open to ALL offers (subject to SMFA sanctions) but for CASH only.

PAPADOPULOS' date=' Michal 21/79/CF/1.7M WHAT'S HE WORTH??

[b']NARDIELLO[/b], Danny 24/77/F/951K CAN I HEAR 500K FOR HIM??

WRIGHT, Fraser 26/83/LB/3M SURELY HE'S WORTH HALF OF HIS VALUE?

KAY, Anthony 24/79/CB/1.5M CAN I HEAR AN OPENING BID?

REID, Paul 24/78/CB/1.2M GOOD PROSPECT GOING CHEAP!?!? WILL CONSIDER ALL OFFERS!!!

HURRY THESE DEALS WON'T LAST. NEED CASH NOW .....

Cheers,

Herby

SELL OFF AT BARNSLEY HAS ENDED!!!

Fraser Wright and Michal Papadopulos were sold off cheap (for value or below) to aspiring young managers. :D

Herby has decided to hang onto local youngsters Kay, Reid and Nardiello (who attracted numerous offers and serious interest from one particular Doncaster manager (Nav) who was distraught when the deal collapsed). :eek:

Many thanks to all those that made offers and HAD I GO! ;)

In true Aussie fashion, "emmmmm ahhhh I'd just like to say, I luv yas all" :)

Cheers,

Herby

The weekly report

RULE BRITTANNIA

With the new season about to begin, Stoke City return to the second division with aspirations of staying there and not returning to division three. With the much needed cash injections LS began to improve his side with four pre season signings. GK Nicolas Douchez, RB Goce Sedloski, CB Jean Caillet and CM Lopez Jordi will provide much needed talent to an aging squad.

Stokes star striker Diego Milito will have to bide his time to unleash his talent on the division two defences as he remains injured and is likely to be out untill we face Huddersfield Town.

If anyone needs some aging oldies but goodies i am looking to sell Luca Bucci 85, Eduardo Berrizo 83, Clint Hill 80, Alex Rae 83 and Benito Carbone 80 but realistic offers please, nothing below the value.

Stoke have also shown an interest in Lorenzo Amoruso after Pthame made him available at £300k.

The opening fixtures see the champions square off against Sheffield United before facing Reading in the midweek game.

Player name: Luca BUCCI (Stoke City)

Born: 13 March 1969

Nationality: Italian Italian

Position: Goalkeeper

Rating: 85

Form: -----

Morale: Okay

Value: £67k

Contract: 4 Years - £21' date='500 per Turn

Condition: 100%

Transfer Status: UnKnown

Club(s) Interested: Hartlepool United.

WOULD 80K be ok.[/quote']

Does his wheelchair come with that price? :eek::rolleyes::D:D

Player name: Luca BUCCI (Stoke City)

Born: 13 March 1969

Nationality: Italian Italian

Rating: 85

Form: -----

Morale: Okay

Value: £67k

Contract: 4 Years - £21' date='500 per Turn

Transfer Status: UnKnown

Club(s) Interested: Hartlepool United.

WOULD 80K be ok.[/quote']

I got lots I go in at 500k

PS. Delf I give you Brad Jones on loan

Never realised that there was soooooooooooooo much demand in old GK :eek:

May as well as some more firewood to this blaze.

Mark CROSSLEY (Barnsley)

Born: 16 June 1969

Nationality: Welsh

Rating: 84

Form: F***ing Awesome :eek:

Morale: Could be better :P

Value: £59k

Contract: 5 Years - £16,400 per Turn

Open to offers ... anything near 2M will be accepted without hesitation :D hehe

He is currently loaned out so post your offers here or PM me.

Cheers,

Herby

Captain and Manager both say NO!

Captain and Coach both say NO!

Both captain/goalkeeper Roberto Abbondanzieri and Manager Jehan Bilimoria have both said no to a reported offer for the captain made by Blackburn Rovers. This was announced at press conference confirming rumours that the Goalie had signed a 5 year deal that will no doubt keep him at the City Ground to the end of the season.

He told members of the press - "I joined Forest midway through last season and although it was not the best season we have had, i was impressed by the ethic and commitment displayed by the team and Jehan. I will no doubt end my carer whilst here.