• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 3 Yesterday Reviews. West Ham United 0 x 2 Charlton Athletic What an impressive game! Playing away from their home, Adam's Charlton showed their true potential yesterday. W

Re: English Championship 3 Addicks Land German Ace Charlton have been busy during the summer drawing up conclusions on what positions they need to strengthen. The first and most important pos

Re: English Championship 3 I have Everton on offer for the second time in four days if anyone wants them let me know. Toggs was suppose to want them but since he has taken over Cheltenham I guess any

Posted Images

Re: English Championship 3

Im charlton' date=' been hit and miss with them for ages ! :@ lol, ill be bidding for Garcia soon, but until then i bid you farewell, oh and welcome to the setup[/quote']

Well considering where you are in the table, and the teams above you, you are doing fantastic, but it won't be that good with your expectations.

I'll hope to see you in division one next season, and with a bit of luck you may get Escudero Raul Garcia ;).

Picked up Reading in division two and with six games left' date=' only two points off the promotion places.

Decent squad - Shorey, Givet, Raul Garcia, Sidwell, Hunt, Doyle.

Any forumers still here? How about we revive this thread?

There are still plenty of teams left in this setup too :)[/quote']

Still with Tranmere Rovers:),have had them since season 3,still in division 3,finished 7th season 3,9th season 4 and 7th again season 5.Am 8th at the minute in season 6 and looking likley to finish somewhere similar again with 7 games remaining,in debt as usual but i just love this setup and one day i will get Tranmere to div 2:).

The Reading Revival:

65.gif

Ross Philp last night took over a Reading side in a healthy league position and balance with an excellent squad at his disposal. And he was not long in the transfer market as this morning, three new faces were brought into the Madejski in their bid for promotion to the top tier. They are currently 5th in the English second division but are only two points from a promotion place, held by Leeds.

Promising Swedish strike sensation Johan Elmander this morning sealed his move to the club, with it costing the club only £2,600,000. However, aging striker Martin Palermo and young unwanted forward Leroy Lita were included in the deal as they were exchanged to move to Brondby IF. Philp said this morning " With Johan, we will not lack goals, especially with him having Kevin Doyle as a partner. This is a strikeforce that can take us to the top league, and inevitably keep us there! "

465086_MEDIUMSQUARE.jpg

Moving from Hamburg SV was experienced midfielder David Jarolim, who is at the peak time of his career and will have fantastic opportunities at the Madejski. Again, a minimal fee of only £1,200,000 was used, but Reading had to depart with influencial midfielder and fans favourite Steve Sidwell. Philp assured the club " The move is for the benefit of the club, and David is a much better player than Steve. Hamburg were interested in Steve and we were overjoyed when the bid was accepted for David. "

330819.jpg

And this time, moving for no money at all, was defender Matteo Ferrari from Italian giants Roma, as both Fernando Rubinho and Torres Vega(unwanted by the club) were used in part exchange. " Matteo has the experience needed to bring the club through a time like this and help us achieve promotion to where we should be. The defence needed bolstering and the players that went frankly, were useless anyway! "

MatteoFerrari_tm_e.jpg

And Philp, ahead of Wednesday's hosting of Portsmouth said "the spending is not over."

Gazza Joins Millwall

millwall_logo600_114x135.jpg

Early Today Gazza met up with the chairman board for contract talks.. they went smoothly and Gazza has now been Announced the new manager

"I am very happy to join a club with such a History, and the players we have got are brillient, but i may look to offload certain players in P/E as we need deph

Key Players

Cicinho_163948.jpg

Cicinho In His Real Madrid Days- He Will Play A Key Role In Millwalls Defence

f15e6bdd91321b52i3.jpg

Cambiasso In His Inter Days- Gazza Has Named Him Captain

peter_crouch_celebrates_400_400x300.jpg

Crouch Feturing For England- Star Striker

Just Noticed The First Match Is Aginst Ross:o

• 1 month later...

CharltonCrest1.gif

Charlton set out intentions !

Charlton 4 - 1 Preston North End

In their most recent game the addicks showed just how good they can play football by destroying tough northern opposition. With Aguero spear heading the attack Charlton were always going to be a threat but it was his recently on form partner Raul Tamudo who caused the damage with a goal and generally causing trouble for the opposition defense. Tamudo who has as already been said been on fine form scored 7 goals two days prior to this in one game in the english cup.

Charlton are by no means trying to challenge for the title or even class themselves as title challengers, Johnson is merely looking to improve on his best finish with them which is 8th.

Johnson has been busy in the transfer market in this pre season bringing in four players, all of whom will be very important to the team and squad.

Puygrenier, Arda, Matias fernandez and striker Niang were the players to join the squad. Since taking over Johnson has transformed the squad, shipping out the weak and old for a good strong team with a element of experience, youth and potential. Stars such as Neuer, Meira, freidrich, Distin, Dawson, David Luiz, Cardozo, Pardo, Carrick, Leidson and finally starlet Aguero have all been bought under johnsons reign.

Addick fans will have to wait and hope that Johnson can maintain his teams form.

sergio-aguero_wwwsoccerworldus.jpg

Bought to england under johnson who is forever grateful to !

Charlton Athletic 6 5 0 1 18 5 13 15

2 Arsenal 6 4 2 0 10 5 5 14

3 Everton 6 4 1 1 14 8 6 13

4 Bolton Wanderers 6 4 0 2 13 9 4 12

5 Stoke City 6 3 2 1 8 5 3 11

6 Plymouth Argyle 6 3 2 1 7 4 3 11

7 Manchester City 6 3 1 2 11 7 4 10

• 1 month later...

THE BOSTON REVIVAL ENGINE GETS PUT IN GEAR!

TOM GREENFIELD TAKES "DREAM JOB," WITH STRUGGLING PILGRIMS!

737.gif

EC3 Has a big hitting return for Ex Blackburn Rovers boss Tom Greenfield. He sets his aims extremly positive and high for a very much struggling and debt Boston United. "Its an honour to be here," "They're local to me so I have the ambition and gritt others don't in my opinion," "We have a small group of lads here who want to do well but haven't been able to, now its their oppotunity,"

Why Take On The Job?

When asked the simple question why? Tom smiled and replied "Well you dont put paper in the printer for nothing," "Its there to be used, and its the same with Boston, theyre not here to make up numbers,"

LOANS ARE GRATEFULLY ACCEPTED :D

737.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

58.gif

Oxford United News!

Oxford have signed Stephen Langdown as their new manager to try and keep them up in Division 2. Oxford are currently 18th, in the relegation zone. The club aren't in debt but they bare have 10k. So Stephen is looking for loans. Thanks very much!

bluebirds.png

New Man At Ninian Park.

R.B.C signed a contract with the Bluebirds keeping keeping him in Wales untill the end of the season at the least.

He will be refuerbishing the squad due to a lack in depth with many high rated players leaving in Player swaps possibly.

sport1_1.jpg

Firstly R.B.C has put Nenad Kovacevic on the transfer list for a player swap seeking two players of any position exept wing.

DANDO TAKES OVER AT WALKERS STADIUM

Hayden Dando has today been revealed as the new manager of Leicester City.Dando, had been manager at rival club Burnley but has left Turf Moor to take over the Foxes, despite Leicester's poor league position.

Dando said "Leicester City are a fantastic football club with a huge history, i believe that i can make this club great again, i would like to thank Burnley for my time there but to be honest, i could not turn down an opportunity like this one"

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

sunday-times-logo.jpg

FULHAM GET NEW GAFF!

fulham_logo.jpg

After hours of negotiations Kylan Hood has decided to take up the offer to manage Cottagers and has wasted no time in bringing in players, 24 to be exact, mostly youth of course. :rolleyes:

Kylan described this experience at a press conference as follows;

''These will be difficult times for Fulham Football Club and there may definitley be many hardships to overcome, but hopefully we'll get through with a couple of prime signings and the players of current with which we have.''

KEY SIGNINGS MADE:

article-1024283-017CE18900000578-14_468x387.jpg

Sideshow Bob look-a-like Brazillian, Jo, joins the Craven Cottage side from Zenit, in exchange for, £4.3M & Halil ALTINTOP & Brian MCBRIDE.

20071103_pazzini1.jpg

Already being described as the gaff's favourite, Fulham wasted no time acquiring Italian, Giampaolo Pazzini from Cruizero in return for £3.9M & Martin JORGENSEN & Andre OOIJER.

fulham_logo.jpg

FULHAM GO-a-LOAN-HUNTING :confused:

Well it seems there's already trouble in West London as Fulham gaff Kylan has spoken out about funds he was promised, that no longer exist :mad:

The board have got me in right barney now, they lied to me and i will not be getting the transfer kitty i was promised. Al-Fayed should sell Harrods and give me the money to turn this team around, after all with recession glooming i think its about time he got out the game. :rolleyes:

Plain and clear Fulham are looking for Loans, any CM's rated 87 or higher would be greatly appreciated. :D

sunday-times-logo.jpg

GLOOM and DOOM ALREADY

fulham_logo.jpg

Well it seems new gaff Kylan hasnt got his Fulham side off to the greatest debut as it was all but ruined, as the visiting Cottagers hopes where dashed about coming away from White Hart Lane with atleast a point, final score, 2-nil to Spurs.

This is what Kylan had to say at the end of the match:

Really dissaponted today, the lads showed no enthusiasm and for that they where completely played off the pitch, perhaps i've taken on a job with more i can handle, or maybe this team just needs a good kick up the jacksie. :D

_40844442_defoe.jpg

Jermain Defoe's two goals in the 1st half was enough to see Fulham away.

• 4 months later...

hull-city-football-club.jpgNews From The Tigers hull-city-football-club.jpg

Hull City signed Bristol Rovers manager Grant Thame as manager to take them to the next level.

Match 1.

Plymouth Argyle 3-5 Hull City

D Angel Lopez M Paolucci

P Feindouno H Mark Gonzalez

D Deivid M Regueiro (2)

N Anelka

Match 2.

Hull City 5-1 Wycombe Wanderers

S Ilic (3) C Barrentt

R Alexis

N Anelka

• 2 months later...

BLACKPOOL SIGNS AUSTRALIAN ABBAS SAAD AS MANAGER

Abbas-Saad-205.jpg

Blackpool has brought in Australian, Abbas Saad, as their new manager.The 41-year-old, was signed from Sydney Olympic FC, where he was the Technical Youth Director.Some fans at Bloomfield Road for the presentation, were unsure if the Aussie can help them push for a play-offs spot.This is because, apart from knowing that he is Australian, nothing much of him is known.

abbas.jpg

As a player, he played for Johor and Singapore in the Malaysian League during the 90's.He was a key member of teams that won the League and Malaysia Cup double with both Johor in 1991 and Singapore in 1994.

However shortly after the 1994 triumph with Singapore, he was charged with match-fixing.He was tried, convicted and fined S$50,000 by the courts in Singapore.He then received a global playing ban from FIFA.

After his ban ended, he played for several teams in the National Soccer League in Australia – Sydney Olympic in 1996–97, Sydney United from 1997–99, and for Northern Spirit FC in the 1999–00 season.

Starting afresh, Abbas, nicknamed The Lion from his glorious days as a player, has a challenge ahead to get Blackpool into the Div 4 play-offs.

Blackpool_Football_Club_Logo.gif