• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 3 Yesterday Reviews. West Ham United 0 x 2 Charlton Athletic What an impressive game! Playing away from their home, Adam's Charlton showed their true potential yesterday. W

Re: English Championship 3 Addicks Land German Ace Charlton have been busy during the summer drawing up conclusions on what positions they need to strengthen. The first and most important pos

Re: English Championship 3 I have Everton on offer for the second time in four days if anyone wants them let me know. Toggs was suppose to want them but since he has taken over Cheltenham I guess any

Posted Images

Re: English Championship 3

Vito MANNONE 20K?

610x.jpg

Carlisle United announced the signing of Vito Mannone for an astonishing fee of 20k. Carlisle beat of interest from a number of clubs, some with bigger names with the likes of Everton, Sheffield Wednesday, Brentford, Bristol City, Norwich City, Crewe Alexandra, Southampton, Brighton and Hove Albion all interested but Mannone choose Carlisle and had this to say "The manager has a great reputation bringing players on and Carlisle are a club on the up and will go on to do great things, i just want to be part of" Manager Stephen Butler said"When i got news Mannone was available i knew i had to bring him to the club, i spoke to the chairman and he wasnt so keen giving me 20k to spend on the player. I felt this figure wouldnt be enough and knowing the amount of interest surrounding Mannone i felt we would miss out. After getting news the bid was accepted i was over the moon and think the player has a big future!"[/i][/size]

Watford manager explains buying spree.

Watford have cleared out the deadwood from their squad and purchased some more kindling.

When I arrived there were 3 good players om the squad, the rest showed little ambition and were sold on to other clubs.

Tim Howard is for sale but the price will have to be right and in the region of 12 - 13 million to release him.

I look forwards to working with Scott Parker and Tim Howard. We have also purchased some exciting talent such as Emmanuel Villa, Ludovic Butele , Sanabria Laure, Miguel Britos and Fabio Ceravolo.

While the wage bill has shot up a little we will bring it back under control once we identify the players likely to have a future at the club.

Watford have the potential to be a big club again, but first we must build a team of 30 - 45 players who can compete at a higher level without bankrupting the team.

• 4 weeks later...

11-1.jpg&usg=AFQjCNEW6av4XdxTqvQ9jAIBocvU1_cE_w

WANDERERS WEEKLY

Following another win for BOLTON against Sheffield Wednesday last night the team find themselves in 4th position and dreaming of playing in off position final at the end of the season.

BOLTON are also looking at there squad prior to next season ,whatever league they will be in.BOLTON will not be selling any players till the end of the season.

BOLTON have also annouched that Yaya Tour will remain captain for the future and are delighted to have him aboard since his recent signing.

Avram Grant Boltons manager has only been the job for around 6 games but he has added"The players have given me there all ,week in week out and all l ask is they keep that up for a few more games and we will hopefully reap the benifits"

• 2 weeks later...

Long time manager of Sheffield United, Pierce Joneson, made a surprising but much needed move today to solidify his core team.

Leaving the club were United veterans GK Guillermo Ochoa (190 games, 6 mom's) and Chaves Fred (124 games, 40 goals, 38 Assists, 14 mom's)

Coming to the Blades was Darlington regular Hugo Lloris (315 games, 17 mom's)

26788_news.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cheltenham-Town-FC.gif

Cheltenham turn to Gould.

2:30 am, and relatively unknown manager Gould has been given the nod to take over Town on a long-term contract. The midlander has mixed feelings about the squad, and has very little confidence in his squads chances short-term.

"It's a difficult situation. The squad has 20 players, theres nowhere near enough bodies, and i'm not too confident in the guys i have right now. It's a small budget, a small squad, and i think i'm in for un uphill struggle in charge here, but i want to give it a go and i'll be doing the best job i can to turn things around. It will be a long-term job here, but i think i'm ready for the challenge."

Cheltenham currently sit in 17th place in the bottom division, picking up just 7 points in their opening 9 games. The clubs short-term future revolves around Englishmen Jordan Henderson and Roger Johnson, and Gould has said that they will both remain at the club, however the futures of virtually everyone else is in doubt.

Roger-Johnson-Birmingham-City-Pre-Season_2354862.jpgf05a5c59b7109837e6fdb708cb58a813.jpg

The new boss is really hoping to improve on the struggling sides squad, but is yet to give away any hints on who he may bring in. Rumours circling the stadium at the moment say deals are close to being done though. Updates may come soon.

*Sorry, just felt like trying to bring the thread back into life :)*

5 in, 5 out for Cheltenham.

After Cheltenham boss Adam Gould admitted securing new faces would be tough, he suddenly began his job as a wheeler-dealer. Using the little funds he had left, he bought in Daniel Seabourne, Gary Sawyer and Jason Puncheon, then sold the likes of Sammon, Heidrich, van Kerckhoven, Dudamel and Cisse.

09SammonProfPic.JPG Out-In JasonPuncheon_561598.jpg

This wasn't the end of Gould's business for the day, as before midnight he had also secured the signings of Lewis Buxton and Craig Mackail-Smith

0,,10427~3750326,00.jpg

More deals are expected to be done in the next day or so, and Cheltenham have confirmed 4 bids have accepted for players. Mike Willamson, Michael Tonge, Luke Steele and Jay Bothroyd have all accepted deals after being on the free agents list for a while now.

0,,10430~3771216,00.jpg0,,10362~7893649,00.jpg

0,,10309~3730875,00.jpg0,,10362~5749131,00.jpg

No-one is sure is these four players will link up the squad in time for their game 2moro night, and no-one is sure if this is the end of Gould's transfer activity.

• 1 month later...