Forumers Twenty20, match report etc thread

Re: Forumers Twenty20, match report etc thread

logo-juventus.jpg

PRE-SEASON RESULTS

Juventus Second Team 2-3 NK Istra 1961

It was a tough game for Juve reserves who battled out with NK Istra 1961 promotion hopefuls.

Borrelio opened the scoring with a penalty after the ball had the hit of defender Hasan Kacić. The Croats replied back with two unanswered goals in the space of 5 minutes through their striker Zoran Zekić. On the hour mark, Zoran Zekić grapped his hatrick after a defensive error from Dirk Marcellis.

Palladino then got a consolation for his team in stoppage time with a solo run from 30 yards.

Juventus Lineup- Belari , Bourbos , Marcellis(Bravo-75min.) , Chiellini(Legrotagglie-45min.) , Rossi , Isla , Sissoko(Amrabat-45min.) , Palladino , Giovinco , Borrelio , Iaquinta(Moreno-75min.)

NK Istra 1961 Lineup- Lisjak , Grguric , Kacić( Drmić-45min.) , Stambolija , Švrljuga , Zekić , Deranja , Dobrić(Rački-60min.) , Roce(Halilović-75min.) , Barišić , Pauletić.

Juventus First Team 6-0 NK Vinogradar

Meanwhile, the story was different with the senior sides who thumped their opponents.

The first half was quite dull but the second half produced magic that thrilled the home fans. The introduction of Salihamidzic at half time changed the game. Trezeguet registered 4 goals all in a poacher's style. Later on Del Piero curled in a free kick before Camoranesi rounded the keeper to slot it home for the 6th.

Juventus Lineup- Buffon , Grygera , Barzagli , Capdevilla , Guti , Zanetti(Nocerino-60min.) , Camoranesi, Nedved(Vormer-75min.) , Del Piero , Cruz(Salihamidzic-45min.) , Trezeguet.

NK Vinogradar Lineup- Not available due to problems with club ownership.

TRANSFER NEWS

Juventus Swoop For Capdevilla And Cruz

Spanish international left back, Joan Capdevilla signed a 3-year contract with the Italian club for a fee reported to be $9,000,000.

Receiving $45,000 a week, a clause in his contract states that the player will be released if he doesn't play at least 50% of the season's games.

capdevila6.jpg

Guti will surely guide him in his first months in Italy.

Meanwhile Julio Cruz moved from Inter Milan after his former manager made it clear that his services are no more needed. Transfer details weren't disclosed but he is now lodging in the club's hotel before he finds a house in Turin.

JulioCruz_602831.jpg

Can he push for a first-team spot ?

Juventus open their season account with an away tip to Rome.

vfb-stuttgart-25789.jpg

VFB Stuttgart sign two more players

VFB STuttgart have captured two more players as they prepare for there tought challenge in division 1.The two players that they signed are left back Cristian Milinaro.The 24 year old left back signed for £12m from Juventus.he signed a 3 year deal which sees him earn £22k a game.The second player who signed for Stuttgart the other day was nineteen year old Mexican winger Carlos Vela.He was bought from Osasuna for £950k and Raphael Schafer.He signed a 5 year deal and will play some part in Stuttgart's games.

molinaro.jpgCarlos_Vela.jpg

These two players signed for VFB Stuttgart

There is also going to be a new striker arriving at the Gottlieb-Daimler.Stuttgart open there season against Atlético Madrid at home and manager Daniel Murphy is looking forward to the match and wants to see the stadium almost full.

gottlieb_daimler_stadion.jpg

Daniel Murphy wants to see this stadium full on game night.

Sevilla News

Sevilla Squad are bak from thier homes after long term holidays.They look refreshed and ready like hungry-lions to win the trophy this year and get a promotion into the next division.The players also met the new signings.They are happy that the club is investing money on bringing new talented players which can help them win silverware in coming years.Sevilla will face the red devilz...Manchester United.../The team are working harder to win their first match and are trying to know each others game well specially the new comers.

Transfers and Rumours

Sevilla have completed the signing of 3 more players.Instead of going for More Experienced players,Omer Khan decided to add depth to the reserve and youth side.He signed Género ZEEFUIK fom PSV, Niklas BARKROTH of IFK Göteborg and above all Mauro Zarate from Birmingham.Zarate can be a quality signing because he has been superb while playing for Birmingham last year.Arouna Kone was used in the swap deal.There Are rumours also that Diego Capel might move to Barcelona and Thuram might come in,If no offers come for Diego Capel in afew days.

{Genero Zeefuik}

473021_mediumsquare.jpg

{NiKlas Barkroth}

BARKROTH2_411.jpg

{Mauro Zarate}

Mauro_Zarate_463428a.jpg

Barcelona News

49_front_small.gif140.gif11_front_small.gif

Barcelona sign another youngster

While the title winning side are looking to reenact there league glory of last season they are also looking to compete in the cup this year and make the semi finals or even better and also ensure there will be more glorious seasons to come in future years and this man will do both, push for the cup this season and hopefully break into the first team later in his career. And this man is American star Michael Bradley. While Beckham is taking over the US soccer world this man has slowley started to break into the headlines as well. Bradley is very young at the tender age of 20 so a lot of development is still to take place and he is already rated a staggering 89. Barcelona signed the youngster for what Sam Pooley believes to be a bargin fee of 3.8 million + Presas Oleguer + Santiago Ezquerro, which also clears out the two unwanted players in the squad. The 20 year old will play a crucial role in Barcelona's cup team and could well captain the side from his central midfield role, although this is yet to be comfirmed. Sam Pooley had this to say on his new signing "He is a great player and i rate him very highly he had his first training session with us this morning and mixed in well with the likes of Messi and Henry and seemed to make particulary good friends with Canadian winger Farfan, which of course i am pleased with. I can't wait to see him in action and could well get a few league apperances this season if all goes well although he will be one of my star players in a bid for cup success." In other transfer news the bid for Cristian Chivu of Inter Milan made yesterday by Barcelona has been rejected today. The offer was reportedly around the 20 million mark, the amount he is transfer listed at but it appears Inter want a player exchange in return. Barcelona doubt they will follow up any more interest. Else where Barcelona and Sevilla are in heavy negotiations over youngster Trinidad Diego Capel, Barca have put an offer on the table which is yet to be responded to by Sevilla. And finally it appears that Atlético Madrid have agreed a deal with Barcelona to sign center midfielder Yaya Toure, it is believed to be a deal involving two players coming to the Nou Camp.

mb1.jpg

(Barcelona sign 20 year old Michael Bradley in what Sam Pooley calls a bargain deal.)

Update from the Olimpico

240_front_small.gif123.gif12_front_small.gif

Gamberini Signed!

2285_1209755861.jpg

Sheva has had an eye on this man for a while. The departure of Juan made him swoop for the Fiorentina Centre Back. It was no easy signing with Fiorentina reluctant to let their key defender go. Terms were finally agreed but this saw the departure of Matteo Ferrari to Fiorentina. Around 7m in cash was also said to be involved in the deal but Sheva insists that it was worth it.

Non avevo problemi nel Fiorentina' date=' mi è stato sempre giocando tempo e mi sono divertito il mio tempo con la mia squadra. Ne è venuto come uno shock per me che Roma era interessata a me e che è stato molto lusinghiero. Una mossa per la Olimpico è grande. Sono consapevole che un luogo di partenza non è garantita ma vorrei provare a me stesso il gestore. Lo farò anche qui![/quote']

I had no problems in Fiorentina, i was getting playing time and i enjoyed my time with my teammates there. It came as a shock to me that Roma was interested in me and it was quite flattering. A move to the Olimpico is great. I am aware that a starting place is not guaranteed but i will prove myself to the manager. I will do well here!

Taddei dealt with a crucial blow!

The man, who was an integral part of the side that came second, was injured in training yesterday when he landed awkwardly on his hand which resulted in a broken wrist. Doctors say that i return date cannot be confirmed but he could possibly be back in 4 weeks. Taddei was a regular in Sheva's formation as he was instrumental on the right flank providing plenty of assists for the men forward. He will clearly be missed. Alberto Aquilani could possibly fill in for the Brazilian.

2574_1209755861.jpg

Out for 4 weeks

More signings?

There is one more man heading to the Olimpico. If all goes well, he will be a part of the team tomorrow. Marseille's defensive midfielder, Lorik Cana could be heading to Italy after lengthy negotiations. Sheva said he was "confident" about the deal. It is rumoured that RB Marco Casetti could possibily be on his way to France. Cana might struggle for a place in Sheva's formation as he will be competing with Daniele De Rossi, who the manager thinks is currently the best defensive midfielder in the world along with the likes of Mascherano.

4026_1209755861.jpg

Trip to the Del Alpi

This seems to be a much anticipated event. The two freshly promoted sides lock horns in this important fixture. Sheva knows the quality of the opposition and most importantly the quality of the manager, Ahmed, who he greatly admires. It is anyones guess on whos to win this encounter. The teams met twice last season, Sheva's men emerged victorious in the first fixture but was completely outplayed in the second one where his team was thrashed 4-1. A full house is expected.

123.gif110.gif

logo-juventus.jpg

JUVENTUS SET TO CONQUER ROME !

The team had its final training session in preparation for their season opener with AS Roma.

Capdevilla and Trezeguet were the first to set foot o the turf. The others joined as coach Ahmed planned the downfall of their next opponent. Light work combined with some jogging allowed the lads to warm up. Then a piggy-in-the-middle kept the players fit and a small practice match closed the curtains.

All the players could make the trip except Palladino who is nursing an injury and Del Piero is suffering from Flu.

451276059.jpg1226689080.jpg677630165.jpg3010432006.jpg

Who will spearhead Juve's attack?

INTERVIEW WITH THE COACH

PressTOP.jpg

Reporter: You'll meet Roma tomorrow.

Ahmed: We have to take it this way. We met them twice last season so we have a fair idea about them.

Reporter: How will your players cope with Totti(their top scorer last season) ?

Ahmed: A plan has been drawn to stop him. But we also want to play our game. How do we prevent Roma from shooting us? Do we hide the bullet or seize the gun ? I think we'll take the latter[smiles]

Reporter: So will you defend or attack ?

Ahmed: Both, because we want all 3 points.

Reporter: A message to your fans who can't make the trip to Rome.

Ahmed: Its unfortunate , but I assure them that "we shall conquer Rome".

[both Reporter and Ahmed laugh].

sm_red_cross.jpgMEDICAL REPORTsm_red_cross.jpg

Palladino - A Damaged Heel.

Estimated return - 1st June.

Del Piero - Flu

Estimated return - Next league game.

Kick-off will be at 20:00 GMT

AS Roma vs Juventus FC.

378px-Atletico_Madrid_logo.svg.png

Atletico Madrid news!

A.Madrid have looked to strengthen towards next season, and once again prove pundits wrong in another attempt to finish in the upper half of the table.

They have also delved into the market, buying Toselli,Vagras, Colocinni, and Yuri Zhirkov.

However, they have failed in what the needed to do best, which was to capture the signing of Yaya Toure, a man Austin has admired since he moved from Monaco.

The Ivorien was linked with a high profile move into the Calderon, but Austin's chairman was reluctant at the departure of two accomplished players-Reyes and simao.

a move like this might have been one to throw a managers future into jeopardy, but Austin has vowed there will be no such problem.

The chairman seemed delighted with Austins progress with his team, so there should be no questions about his future.

our team is reallycoming down together now.Zambrotta, who was injured since the fifth turn of the competition, will be recovering in 5 days, and Tymoschuk, who had a suspension and injury in the two matches he played for us, will also be coming back to the club.

Vfb Sttugart vs atletico

It is said that the first match of a season may tell it all or nothing.

Austin wants his team to go out and get the won however,but also knows the challenge of a trip to Germany to be a daunting one.

Sttugart took 4 points off A.Madrid last season, but Austin has vowed to pay this back in full.

2 players off a full strenght squad, Austin has assured all that the prediction of finishing 7th is absurd!

Competition between Italian giants heat up!

Roma.jpg

Transfer Shock

Juventus shocked most of Roma's fans and the manager when they made a surprise swoop for the Albanian Defensive Midfielder Lorik Cana. Cana was very close to signing for Roma but changed his mind at the last moment. Juventus were reported to have paid something around 16 million for the 24 year old who might be offered more football at the Turin club. Juventus was the first club to reveal interest in the Marseille captain. With the buzz that Roma made, of a possible "high profile transfer" may have instigated Ahmed to make a move for the Albanian star. Fans in Roma were disappointed and angered as Sheva had said that he was "confident" about the signing.

Interview with the manager

Interviewer: Your fans seem to be frustrated about the latest transfer news. Anything you would like to say on this subject?

Sheva: Well, i was shocked at the news in the morning. We lost him to our rivals and i understand why the fans are disappointed. These kind of things happen though, there is no point dwelling on it. I will tell the fans one thing though... there is a new man heading to Rome tomorrow.

Interviewer: Any thoughts on the game?

Sheva: It would mean more that anything to me if we can get the double over Juventus this season! I wont be happy with a draw!

Interviewer: Any players that could cause concern for your defence?

Sheva: There are a few. Trezeguet caused some problems in the last time we met. Mexes has special instructions ahead of this game. *Winks*

Interviewer: Ahmed made comments earlier about "conquering Rome", what do you have to say about this?

Sheva: I am confident ahead of this game but im not going to be over confident. We are pretty much equally matched sides and the match could spring either way. They certainly wont conquer us though! *Laughs*

Battles on the Field?

2387_1209755861.jpgVS2564_1209755861.jpg

2917_1209755861.jpgVS2576_1209755861.jpg

2580_1209755861.jpgVS2503_1210092962.jpg

Who will emerge on top? Dont miss a minute of the action!

Competition between Italian giants heat up!

Roma.jpg

Transfer Shock

Juventus shocked most of Roma's fans and the manager when they made a surprise swoop for the Albanian Defensive Midfielder Lorik Cana. Cana was very close to signing for Roma but changed his mind at the last moment. Juventus were reported to have paid something around 16 million for the 24 year old who might be offered more football at the Turin club. Juventus was the first club to reveal interest in the Marseille captain. With the buzz that Roma made' date=' of a possible "high profile transfer" may have instigated Ahmed to make a move for the Albanian star. Fans in Roma were disappointed and angered as Sheva had said that he was "confident" about the signing.[/font']

Interview with the manager

Interviewer: Your fans seem to be frustrated about the latest transfer news. Anything you would like to say on this subject?

Sheva: Well, i was shocked at the news in the morning. We lost him to our rivals and i understand why the fans are disappointed. These kind of things happen though, there is no point dwelling on it. I will tell the fans one thing though... there is a new man heading to Rome tomorrow.

Interviewer: Any thoughts on the game?

Sheva: It would mean more that anything to me if we can get the double over Juventus this season! I wont be happy with a draw!

Interviewer: Any players that could cause concern for your defence?

Sheva: There are a few. Trezeguet caused some problems in the last time we met. Mexes has special instructions ahead of this game. *Winks*

Interviewer: Ahmed made comments earlier about "conquering Rome", what do you have to say about this?

Sheva: I am confident ahead of this game but im not going to be over confident. We are pretty much equally matched sides and the match could spring either way. They certainly wont conquer us though! *Laughs*

Battles on the Field?

2387_1209755861.jpgVS2564_1209755861.jpg

2917_1209755861.jpgVS2576_1209755861.jpg

2580_1209755861.jpgVS2503_1210092962.jpg

Who will emerge on top? Dont miss a minute of the action!

Two quality match:D reports in a minute...this setup is smoking lol

vfb-stuttgart-25789.jpg

Mario Gomez is available

VFB Stuttgart have shocked there fans buy announcing that young German superstar Mario Gomez is available for transfer.The twenty two year old has been unsettled since Daniel's arrival and has asked for a transfer to a bigger club.Daniel could not say no to him because it is the player's choice but Daniel has stated that if anybody wants him it will cost them a center back and a winger and some money.The winger and defenders have to be rated 90+ and the amount of money that has to be depends on the players who are offerd.

Gomez is on his way out of Stuttgart

In other news Roy Makaay has signed a 5 year deal with VFB Stuttgart.The Dutch striker who has had a great career playing in Netherlands,Spain and Germany wants to leave his mark before he ends his career.He was supposed to retire in Netherlands but his heart wanted one more crack in Germany and VFB Stuttgart wanted him.The striker has played 471 games and scored 233 goals in that time.

roy-makaay.jpg

Makaay signed a 5 year deal

logo-juventus.jpg

TACTICAL SUICIDE GIVES ROMA THE EDGE OVER JUVENTUS.

Juventus lost their first game of the season 1-3 to Roma in a repeat of last season's action. The Stadio Olimpico was nearly filled to the brim as the fans voices zapped the skies.

It was an electrifying evening as it witnessed 3 goals in the first 12 minutes.

Fabio Quaglairella opened his league account with an early goal only for Trezeguet to equalise and shut the crazy Roma fans after a couple of minutes.

The Italian striker then doubled his scoring record after 12 minutes to set the stadium alight for the second time.

The game rolled on with both sides eager to nip a goal from nothing.

Mexes finally gave his mates some breathing space with a clever goal that dashed the hopes of their opponents.

Trezeguet amazingly picked up the man-of-the-match award despite being on the losing side.

451276059.jpg

Man-of-the-match

Juventus host FC Barcelona in their next encounter at the Stadio Delle Alpi which will be another trilling event.

200px-Man_Utd_FC_.svg.png

Manchester United kicked there season off very well last night, Mattis's target aiming for straight promotioin got off to a flying start beating Spanish side Sevilla 2-0.

Tevez and Veloso were on the scoresheet to wrap the three points up for the European Champions

veloso_586613.jpg

p1_tevez_1203.jpg

(Veloso and Tevez sealed all three points for Mattis's United side)

Season 2: Turn 1

Division 1

Roma 3-1 Juventus

Chelsea 2-2 FC Porto

Barcelona 3-1 Tottenham Hotspur

VFB Stuttgart 3-1 Atlético Madrid

Werder Breman 2-4 Liverpool

Division 2

Zaragoza 4-4 Arsenal

Real Madrid 3-1 Bayern Munchen

Milan 2-2 Internazionale

Manchester United 2-0 Sevilla

Lyon 3-2 Valencia

Game of the Turn: The game of the turn saw Arsenal travel to Spain in order to play Zaragoza at the La Romareda. Arsenal went 2-0 up in the first 10 minutes with a goal a piece from Diaby and Hleb, but Zaragoza pulled one back just after the 15 minute mark with a goal from Pandev. But once again Arsenal secured a 2 goal lead with Diaby scoring his second of the game to make it 3-1 after 21 minutes. Then just before the half time break Afellay was sent off for Zaragoza. Despite being a man down Pandev scored his second of the game straight after half time, and then a goal on 67 minutes by McGeady meant Zaragoza levelled the game up at 3-3. Adebayor then scored 6 minutes later to make it 4-3 and then a final equaliser by Biglia meant the game finished in a 4-4 draw.

liverpool2.jpg

LIVERPOOL THRASH WERDER BREMEN

Liverpool travel to the Weserstadion to face Werder Bremen, managed by Liam Radcliffe with a full strength side with no new debutants even though they signed Turan Arda, Carvalha Amauri, Jonny Magallon and loaned in Perez Bojan Krkic while Werder Bremen also field a team of their old players.

Jose Fernando Torres, last season's golden boot winner with nine goals in sixteen games alongside with Ricardo Quaresma and Dimitar Berbatov but did this in only 16 games while both Ricardo Quaresma and Dimitar Berbatov needed eighteen games to manage this feat, scored the opener in the sixteenth minute when he pokes home from a goalmouth scramble. Twenty-four minutes later, Jose Fernando Torres receives a brilliant through-ball from Rafael Van Der Vaart and confidently places it getting his brace and winning his man of the match award.

fernando_torres.JPG

JOSE FERNANDO TORRES SCORES A BRACE AND WINS THE MOM AWARD

Four minutes before Jose Fernando Torres's second goal, Brazilian attacking midfielder Souza Alex bursts into the box and lashes home a thriller, beating Tim Weise, getting his fifth goal in fourteen appearances for Liverpool.

ALEX_DE_SOUZA_20080304_GH_L.jpg

SOUZA ALEX FINISHES IT CONFIDENTLY

Three minutes after the break, Jamie Carragher finished the game off with his first Liverpool goal under Tom Pham's reign, picking the ball up from fourty yards out and hitting a powerful shot in the onion bag, a goal he will be proud of.

080jamie_468x657.jpg

JAMIE CARRAGHER CELEBRATES HIS GOAL!

Before the end of the game, Werder Bremen pulled two back from Aaron Hunt and Markus Rosenberg from the lack of concentration from Liverpool players, the first one Aaron Hunt picks up the short corner and curls it home from close distance and the second one the Swedish striker Markus Rosenber beats Javier Mascherano and Martin Skrtel and slots the ball home, finishing a great solo effort.

610x.jpg

AARON HUNT'S AND MARKUS ROSENBERG'S GOALS WERE NOT ENOUGH FOR WERDER BREMEN

AC Milan 2-2 Internazionale

In a tense game at the San Siro neither AC Milan or Internazionale could do enough to secure the win. Neither side could complain as a draw was always the most likely result. AC came back from behind twice to frustrate Inter manager Ryan Brown in his first game in charge. Ivan Cordoba scored early on to give the away side the lead but AC Milan's star player Kaka equalized midway through the half. However the celebrations were short lived as Interazionale retook the lead 3 minutes later with Zlatan Ibrahimovic opening his account for the season. Inter must of thought they had done enough to secure the victory but in the seventy seventh minute Ronaldo equalized a second time for AC Milan.

PRO_122966_ZlatanIbrahimovicInter2.jpg

Zlatan Ibrahimovic picked up the Man of the Match award but it could easily of gone to either Kaka or Ronaldo.

liverpool2.jpg

LIVERPOOL HELD AT HOME BY CHELSEA

Liverpool come into their second game of the season with high spirits, after thrashing Werder Bremen 4-2 at the Weserstadion and returned home to face Chelsea who just managed one point in the first game of the season. Manager SoP brought a full strength side with the likes of John Terry, Frank Lampard, Didier Drogba to face Liverpool's Steven Gerrard, Rafael Van Der Vaart and Jose Fernando Torres.

Nicolas Anelka scored early on, in the seventh minute when Frank Lampard's long range shot is parried by Jose Reina and Nicolas Anelka was the fastest to the ball and struck it easily into the back of the net, getting his eighth for Chelsea in fourteen appearances.

anelka250707_468x752.jpg

NICOLAS ANELKA SCORES EARLY ON

With two minutes left in the second half, last season's golden boot winner Jose Fernando Torres as his shot put a wicked deflection of Alberto Ricardo Carvalho wrong foots the Czech keeper Petr Cech, getting his third of the season and twelfth in his Liverpool career.

fernando_torres.JPG

THIRD GOAL OF THE SEASON

Seconds later, Rafael Van Der Vaart bundles the ball over the line in a goalmouth scramble, getting his fourth goal in his Liverpool days after joining for a fee of 10M and P/E from Hamburger SV. Rafael Van Der Vaart has always been first choice at Liverpool and proves why he is by winning the man of the match award

33237vandervaart.jpg

THE DUTCHMAN BUNDLES THE BALL OVER THE LINE

With ten minutes to go, a cross from the left by French winger Florent Malouda is met miraculously by Frank Lampard who manages a fabulous overhead kick with excellent athleticism. Frank Lampard has not missed a single game for Chelsea, scoring six in his twenty appearances in this league.

50474lampard.jpg

FRANK LAMPARD SCORES AN OVERHEAD KICK!

Update from the Olimpico

Great result in the opener

Sheva was pleased with the performance of his team in the first match of the season which saw his side overcome Juventus. The match, surprisingly, only yielded two yellow cards, both from a single incidence. An arguement between midfielders De Rossi and Nedved turned a bit physical until the referee interviened and got both names on his book. Sheva said that he wasnt impressed with De Rossi's performance in the match but praised Philippe Mexes. He also credited Fabio Quagliarella for his 2 great goals and his match winning performance. Final Score: Roma 3-1 Juventus. MoM: David Trezeguet.

"Magic in 6 minutes"

The second match failed to live up to expectations as Roma travelled to Spain to take on Austin's Athletico Madrid. Sergio Aguero gave the home side the lead and it reamined 1-0 at the break. Things got worse 7 minutes after the restart when Maxi Rodriguez doubled Athletico's lead. Then things worsened yet again 15 minutes past the hour mark when, hero in the last match, Fabio Quagliarella was shown a red card after kicking his marker purely out of frustration. With 10 minutes to go, Roma had the uphill task, trying to get back from a 2-0 deficit with 10 men. It was what the manager labelled "Magic in 6 minutes" that salvaged a point. Dutchman Huntelaar reduced the deficit to a single goal after a brave diving header which ended up in him crashing against the post. Then with 2 minutes of the game remaining. Alessandro Mancini brilliant volley landed in the back of the net as Roma equalised. Final Score: Athletico Madrid 2-2 Roma. MoM: Sergio Aguero.

Huntelaar's season is over!!!

The dutchman was stretchered off the field after he scored his goal. He showed tremedous pain after crashing against the woodwork. Doctors have confirmed that this was much more serious than initially thought and the injury will keep the centre forward out for about 8 weeks with a damaged elbow! This will see him miss the whole season! Combined with the suspension of Fabio Quagliarella, the stage is set for Montenegrian striker Mirko Vucinic. Vucinic who spent the last season on loan to Liverpool, will be expected to make his debut in the Roma shirt against Tottenham.

400x400_Klaas-JanHuntelaarNew.jpg

How crucial will his absence be?

Season 2: Turn 2

Division 1

Liverpool 2-2 Chelsea

Juventus 2-1 Barcelona

FC Porto 3-0 VFB Stuttgart

Tottenham Hotspur 1-1 Werder Breman

Atlético Madrid 2-2 Roma

Division 2

Sevilla 1-1 Zaragoza

Valencia 2-3 Real Madrid

Arsenal 0-1 Milan

Bayern Munchen 3-2 Man Utd

Internazionale 4-1 Lyon

Game of the Turn: The game of the turn saw two great Spanish sides collide but at the same time two great forumers. The match was between Valencia and Real Madrid, or Ben Read .vs. Mitu Ahmed. The game started well for Ben and Valencia as David Villa scored the opener after only 24 minutes, but Real Madrid bounced back 6 minutes later on the half hour mark with a goal from Brazilian international Julio Baptista. The score was level at 1-1 going into the half time break. Once again it was Valencia who took the lead, this time through Gekas after a poor defensive error. But once again Madrid hit back, this time through the right boot of Jovetic. The game stayed at 2-2 for another 37 minutes, but there was last minute drama in store. As Madrid pressed for a winner Gago tried his luck with a long range shot, but a wicked deflection took it away from the keeper and into the back of the net. A cruel blow for Valencia but a joyous one for Real Madrid.

Inter Into Top Three

Internazionale are proving the doubters wrong moving into the top three in the league. After picking up a good draw away from home on the first day of the season they have won two games on the trot.

There was drama at the San Siro as it looked Inter were heading for there second draw of the season when Zlatan Ibrahimovic scored yet again, this time late on, to give Internazionale a deserved win. Inter dominated for most of the game and were constantly frustrated by the Zaragoza keeper, who stopped them on a number of occasion's.

Ibrahimovic capped his remarkable performance with a goal and a man of the match award.

13702ibrahimovic_zlatan.jpg

Man of the match Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Sevilla News

Sevilla made a bad start this season.With only having 1 point from 3 games.The manager is obviously unhappy about the start that the team has taken but he thinks it is because of the lack of team chemistry.He told Radio Punto : The team will have to work extra hard to get the comeback they need right now.I will make sure we do everything to get a good comeback this season and try to get into the title race.The new players have to work hard with the rest of the team to get into the team rythem and style of play.If still we have the same results,then i might go back into the Market and look for some new and better faces.

Form : L-D-L

Injury News

Dirnei Renato is still facing injury and probably wont play in the next match against Valencia.He might be back after 2 weeks.

C.Poulsen and Adrain Mutu are back and in the starting line-up straight away for the match against Valencia.

Season 2: Turn 3

Division 1

Barcelona 3-0 Werder Breman

Juventus 1-0 VFB Stuttgart

FC Porto 4-4 Liverpool

Tottenham Hotspur 1-3 Roma

Atlético Madrid 0-4 Chelsea

Division 2

Internazionale 1-0 Zaragoza

Sevilla 1-3 Real Madrid

Milan 3-0 Lyon

Arsenal 2-1 Manchester United

Bayern Munchen 1-2 Valencia

Game of the Turn: The game of turn 3 saw division one runners up last year play division one third placed side last year. And by that i mean the game of the turn saw Liverpool play FC Porto. The first half of this game saw 4 goals and so did the second half, it was Liverpool who took an early lead after only 4 minutes through star center mid Steven Gerrard. But Porto seriously bounced back in the next 14 minutes, with 3 goals. The first coming from Lugano after 6 minutes and the next two coming from Lisandro, one on 15 minutes and the next on 18 minutes, which gave Porto a shock 3-1 lead going into half time. But Liverpool once again scored early in the half, this time through star forward Torres, and then it was Liverpool's turn to take the advantage scoring 2 more goals, through Torres, Gerrard and then Amauri. Which gave Liverpool a 4-3 lead but Porto earned themselves a point with 2 minutes left through Lisandro which gave him his hat trick.

Roma eases past Spurs

Roma recorded their second victory in 3 games as they won convincingly against an unmanaged Tottenham side. Sheva knew that Tottenham were no push over after surviving to play top flight football last season. No changes were made to the side that drew against Athletico. Daniele De Rossi opened the scoring in the first half and Mancini doubled it shorlty after the restart. Dimitar Berbatov reduced the deficit to a single goal before Aquilani rapped up all 3 points 3 minutes before time. Roma dominated possession but Sheva gave credit to Tottenham for their attacking plays. Doni had a great game in goal and De Rossi was brilliant once again at the centre of the park and snapped up the MoM award.

rm-li09.jpg

Yet another impressive performance

Roma stun Barcelona

An almost packed stadium came to watch two of the top teams lock horns in a gruelling encounter. Unfortuantely, the Barcelona manager was forced to leave some key players on the bench due to fitness reasons. Barcelona didnt boast their full team and Roma took full advantage of this as they put up a spectacle for their fans.

Daniele De Rossi opened the scoring with a brilliant overhead kick to mark his secon goal in as many games. 10 minutes before the half hour mark, Francrsco Totti doubled Roma's lead as curled in a brilliant shot from the edge of the penalty area. Andres Iniesta pulled one back for Barca 7 minutes past the half hour mark with a great shot. Vucinic gave Roma a crucial goal just before the half time whistle to restore their 2 goal advantage as he headered a cross powerfully past the keeper.

Mancini made a difficult task almost impossible as he got on the scoresheet as well to make it a 3 goal advantage for Roma as he lashed in a shot from 15 yards. 5 minutes later, Barca's frustration and lack of concentration was evident as the defence allowed Vucinic to cleverly maneuver himself into the the box to head home the last goal of the game to round of a brilliant performance from the Italian side. Daniele De Rossi snapped up the MoM award for the second game running while Mirko Vucinic's first two goals for the club didnt go unnoticed.

romman5.jpg

Mexes, Vucinic, Totti and De Rossi celebrate the proud victory for the Italian giants.