Any metalheads on the forum?

Omnium

Re: Any metalheads on the forum?

Rezorectorz!! It's been a ruddy long time since this thread's been used so I'm recycling it (As it's my thread).

Any metalheads lurking in the midst? Anybody heard any good new records lately? Album of the year so far?

Please, make your opinions heard and let the discussion commence forthright.

For albums of the year thus far I have two standouts

The Eyes Of A Traitor - A Clear Perception

It may be metalcore but it does things many others in genre don't do. Part Meshuggah if they were a hardcore band, part Misery Signals atmosphere ie the perfect blend of guitar skill and melody. I can't recommend this band enough.

BYwVbkSaXsg

pZJr9ZIC-8A

1u5mZbtxY78

And now for something totally different but still made of win

Anaal Nathrakh - In The Constellation Of The Black Widow.

Think Black Metal and you think grim and frostbitten. These guys may have the grim but they replace the grim with industrial rust. Anaal deilver there usual blast of grind influenced, industrial tinged Black metal at the frantic intensity we've come to expect. Razor sharp guitars, Pulsating drums and maniacal vocals along with well used cleans which help add to the bands already potent atmosphere. I think theres a metal law or something that states any band from Birmingham will be good.

ZEietDLmNgQ

ozZ2Z6RGYOs&feature=related

ozZ2Z6RGYOs&feature=related

Other standouts include A Higher Place by Born of Osiris and Fetish by The Boy Will Drown.

A further note since my first post my taste in the extremer side of metal has increased thus I feel a re-do of my fav bands by genre is necessary.

Melodic Death Metal : In Flames, Mors Principium Est, Arch Enemy, Black Dahlia Murder, Amon Amarth

Black Metal: Emperor, Anaal Nathrakh, Behemoth (Black phase and Blackend Dm material)

Power Metal: Sonata Arctica/Sabaton

Sludge Metal: Mastodon, EyeHateGod

Groove Metal: Lamb Of God, A Life Once Lost

Metalcore: Caliban, Heaven Shall Burn, All That Remains, Bleeding Through, The Breathing Process, The Eyes Of Traitor

Deathcore: Suicide Silence, Whitechapel, Despised Icon, All Shall Perish

Death Metal: Necrophagist, Decapitated, Ignominious Incarceration, Beneath The Massacre

Prog/Tech: Meshuggah, Between The Buried And Me

Alternative: Deftones

Hardcore (not technically metal but closely associated): Dillinger Escape Plan, Misery Signals, Parkway Drive, Converge I Killed The Prom Queen

Grindcore: Rotten Sound

Classic: Iron Maiden, 3 Inches of Blood

Thrash: Slayer, Municipal Waste

If you like melodic death metal then I've got a few suggestions. These are all releases from this year.

Insomnium - Down with the Sun (doom influenced)

SuidakrA - Shattering Swords (folk influenced)

God Dethroned - Drowning in Mud (thrash influenced)

Not many of the bands I listen to release a video so that's pretty much the best I could do.

If you like melodic death metal then I've got a few suggestions. These are all releases from this year.

Insomnium - Down with the Sun (doom influenced)

SuidakrA - Shattering Swords (folk influenced)

God Dethroned - Drowning in Mud (thrash influenced)

Not many of the bands I listen to release a video so that's pretty much the best I could do.

Insomnium seem pretty good. SudikarA sounded not to bad but the folk bit kinda ruined it (I'm far from a fan of folk metal). God Dethroned just seem too generic imo. Here's some melodic death metal that I personally find win and not all that known (thus I'll avoid the big names like ATG' date=' IF, AR and those pillaging viking types from Amon Amarth)

Godless Crusade (black metal influence along with the slightest trace of metalcore from Italy)

[YOUTUBE']VNuFcdT7PI8[/YOUTUBE]

The Absence (US based)

ZYIj7eDz8X0&feature=related

Mors Principium Est (Swedish based band who make use of synth)

BwwfgstoSlQ

Cant really think of many albums that have stood out to me this year. There's still loads I either haven't heard yet or aren't out yet, but it's a bit of a disappointment after last year.

Off the top of my head, there's just Shining's VI: Klagopsalmer, 1349's Revelations of the Black Flame and Nazxul's Iconoclast that have been worthy of shouting about.

Lee Dorian's from Cov. He used to be in Napalm Death' date=' but after he left he formed Cathedral. Any of you got some songs by them two for me to taste?[/quote']

Here's a few by Cathedral. The first two are a couple of my own favourites, then there's a live vid, then three of their better known songs (with their most well known, and most cheesy, last).

TO_U0Y-zl-I

QO-0P1Dgo9Q

PzcNfD3qNkA

1jxk9zeSaSY

-OG5WXQxtt0

d9Qdj7pt7Iw

I was never a massive Napalm Death fan myself, although I don't like grindcore that much so it takes something special to grab my attention (Pathogenesis Infest Phlegmsepsia from Lymphatic Phlegm is a good example). From Enslavement to Obliteration is a solid album though, and definately their best, in my opinion. It was also one of the first couple with Dorrian on vocals (the other one with Dorrian - Scum - was probably one of their worst, though). This video contains the first 8 songs from FETO.

LB4DXIuTv2I

• 4 weeks later...

Michael Alexander - 22.06.77 - 05.10.09

Sadly, just a few days into their European tour with Amon Amarth, Evile's Mike Alexander was suddenly taken ill and rushed to hospital, but tragically passed away in Lulea, Sweden.

Evile members Matt Drake, Ol Drake and Ben Carter have released the following statement:

"This is so hard to find the words to express fully how we feel. We can't believe or accept what's happened. One minute we're talking to our buddy, Mike, the next minute we can never speak to him again.

There's so many things rushing through our heads that we want to say, do and feel. We half expect him to come round the corner and call us 'dickheads'. We can't get our heads around it.

It upsets us so much that he was away from his family when this happened, although knowing Mike, we're at least glad he was on tour doing what he loves.

We're lost for words. We all miss him so much already. He was such a headstrong, genuinely nice guy who loved music and his family. We've got so many brilliant memories with him.

Our hearts go out to his daughter, family and friends at this tragic, difficult time.

Mike is much loved and is sorely missed.

Rest in peace, brother."

Man sad loss. I was really looking forward to seeing Evile support Amon Amarth. From what I've heard within the metal community Mike was a nice as guy. RIP

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Weaver of Dreams

German Metalhead living in Canada here. Good to see people with good taste in music on SM LOL.

My Top 20 so far:

1 Amorphis - Skyforger

2 Arkona - Goi, Rode Goi!!!

3 Tyr - By The Light Of The Northern Star

4 My Dying Bride - For Lies I Sire

5 Candlemass - Death Magic Doom

6 Isole - Silent Ruins

7 Pendragon - Pure

8 Immortal - All Shall Fall

9 Insomnium - Across The Dark

10 Luna Mortis - The Absence

11 Prophecy, The - Into The Light

12 This Ending - Dead Harvest

13 Ex Deo - Romulus

14 Suidakra - Crogacht

15 Sonata Arctica - The Days Of Grays

16 HammerFall - No Sacrifice, No Victory

17 Kreator - Hordes Of Chaos

18 Iron Fire - To The Grave

19 Lion's Share - Dark Hours

20 Bitterness - Genociety

Not sure, if we're allowed to post links to other sites here, but http://www.metal-observer.com is ours :)

Guest The Weaver of Dreams

A few :D I'm in to more less known metal:-

• Hypocrisy
  • Ensiferum
  • Norther
  • Kalmah
  • Dark Tranquillity
  • Bloodbath
  • Windir

I like many more bands than those though.

Excellent choices :)

It's good to see people with good taste in music on these forums' date=' LOL.

My Top 20 of the year so far are:

1 Amorphis - Skyforger

2 Arkona - Goi, Rode Goi!!!

3 Tyr - By The Light Of The Northern Star

4 My Dying Bride - For Lies I Sire

5 Candlemass - Death Magic Doom

6 Isole - Silent Ruins

7 Pendragon - Pure

8 Immortal - All Shall Fall

9 Insomnium - Across The Dark

10 Luna Mortis - The Absence

11 Prophecy, The - Into The Light

12 This Ending - Dead Harvest

13 Ex Deo - Romulus

14 Suidakra - Crogacht

15 Sonata Arctica - The Days Of Grays

16 HammerFall - No Sacrifice, No Victory

17 Kreator - Hordes Of Chaos

18 Iron Fire - To The Grave

19 Lion's Share - Dark Hours

20 Bitterness - Genociety

And I'm not sure, if we're allowed to post links to other sites here, but [url']http://www.metal-observer.com[/url] would be my site...

• 1 year later...

Slayer, Exodus, Sodom, Death, Kreator, Bullet For My Valentine, All That Remains, Pantera, Overkill, Destruction, Heathen, Carcass, Ensiferum, Vader, Lamb Of God, Megadeth, Venom, Immortal, Stam1na, Machine Head, Kiuas, Evile, 3 Inches Of Blood, Testament, Graveworm, Nile, Death Angel, Annihilator, Motörhead, Anthrax, Maiden.

So basically im mostly into thrash.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

sikth

Their singer with the dreads, Mikee, used to completely run the local music scene in Watford about 10 or so yrs ago, when I was living there. Gave my 1st band a couple of gigs too. Sound as hell bloke

Glad there are other metal heads on the forum. Big fan of death metal and anything with a decent riff. Used to be well into my hxc stuff too but well out of touch with that scene, have been for yrs.

• 2 months later...

A few :D I'm in to more less known metal:-

• Hypocrisy
  • Ensiferum
  • Norther
  • Kalmah
  • Dark Tranquillity
  • Bloodbath
  • Windir

I like many more bands than those though.

Great melodic death metal

I'm one of those who likes the music' date=' but isn't a metalhead. I need my tranquil music, too. :)

But yeah, I don't mind it every so often.

On a more mainstream metal scale, I've just finished listening to and watching Muse's new live CD/DVD, Haarp, which was recorded at last year's Wembley concert, and boy, is it immense!!! Just to see the spectacle of Matt there with his guitar on his own, singing Blackout, while there's a trapeze artist doing someursaults and throwing confetti from a giant balloon flying around the stadium... Wow....Just, wow. :)[/quote']

Is muse metal thesedays?? :confused::confused:

Great melodic death metal

Is muse metal thesedays?? :confused::confused:

i have no idea what music fits under what category anymore:

favourite more rocky bands:

Iron Maiden (always have been my faves always will be)

AC/DC

Alter Bridge

Avenged Sevenfold

Queen (Early stuff is fairly heavy e.g Brighton Rock)

UFO

Michael Schenker Group

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Guns N' Roses

Most of Slash's new stuff

Dio

Sabbath

Megadeth

Metallica

Protest The Hero

Anthrax

Black Stone Cherry

Hendrix

Foo Fighters

Kiss

Rolling Stones

Thin Lizzy

I know most of you wont agree they're metal because they aren't all metal. But I don't know how else to describe my music

i have no idea what music fits under what category anymore:

favourite more rocky bands:

Iron Maiden (always have been my faves always will be)

AC/DC

Alter Bridge

Avenged Sevenfold

Queen (Early stuff is fairly heavy e.g Brighton Rock)

UFO

Michael Schenker Group

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Guns N' Roses

Most of Slash's new stuff

Dio

Sabbath

Megadeth

Metallica

Protest The Hero

Anthrax

Black Stone Cherry

Hendrix

Foo Fighters

Kiss

Rolling Stones

Thin Lizzy

I know most of you wont agree they're metal because they aren't all metal. But I don't know how else to describe my music

lol ye very true, but great taste anyways mate :D:D what bout scorpions?