• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 1 Division Two - Season Preview We're in for a real treat this year in what must be one of the most competitive divisions on SM. Here we will look at each team and predict

Re: English Championship 1 Welcome all you soccer fans and managers in EC1 to Herby’s end of season round up of what has been yet another fascinating season in the original and first ever setup on SM

Re: English Championship 1 Hope i'm not stepping on any toes but I used to like reading the division 1 review and since it seems to have stopped I thought i'd do it this season (especially as it look

Posted Images

Preview for EC 1 League Games 30/8/06

Arsenal - Bolton

Bolton travel to north London to face a very diffucult tie against a very strong Gunners team who currently sit in 5th place.

Bolton are looking to Crespo to find his shooting boots again as he has'nt scored for four games.

Andriy Shevchenko will have to be watched very closley by the Bolton defence to make sure the Ukranian does'nt add to his one goal in four appearances for Arsenal.

Prediction 1-1

Middlesbrough - Preston North End

Boro play hosts to Division 1 new boys from Lancashire PNE.

Middlesboro have a few players that are not 100% fit after there English sheild heroics and this could prove a stumbling block.

Milan Baros and Thomas Gravesen are the danger men for Preston.

Prediction 2-2

Charlton Athletic - Southampton

Ryan Delf's Southampton travel to The Valley to take on The Addicks.

Charltons team are rather battered and down hearted after their English Sheild defeat at the hands of Man City and Crouch again should lead The Saints to victory.

Prediction 1-3

Fulham - QPR

Fulham welcome Queens ParK Rangers to Craven Cottageand promise to give Fabien arthez a busy night.

They will be hoping Collins John has a stormer but Lee Camp has been far from reliable at front of goal.

Prediction 3-3

Brighton & HA - Wolves

Wolves travel to Brighton to take on a rather weak side.

Christian Vieri will be looking to add to his already impressive tally of 11 goals in 10 games!

Prediction 0-4

Rotherham United - Rochdale

The Rotherham players will be looking to impress new manager Kevin Garrity when they welcome Rochdale.

New signing Denis Oliech will be looking to mark his debut by getting on the scoresheet.

Rochdale have a decent side and will be looking move towards a promotion place.

Sadly I think the Lancashire side will prove too strong.

Prediction 1-2

Rushden&Diamonds - Bristol Rovers

Alan Sneller's Rovers take on high flying Rushden and Diamonds.

Spaniard Fernando Amorebieta will have to lead by example in the heart of defence to earn some or all of the spoils.

Another spaniad, this time playng for R and D, playmaker Santi Cazorla will be a big danger.

It will be close but I feel Rovers just may not have enough this time.

Prediction 1-0

Swindon Town - Walsall

The mighty Robins host mid table Walsall.

Swindon Town have class all over the feild and will be much to much for Walsall.

Cape Verdean playmaker, Nani promises a rout!

Prediction 5-0

i love you both.

nav, how long could I loan schwarzer for? i dont want to loan him only to have him recalled if you need the cash very soon, might be better to stick with the lower rated Gaspercic (thats assuming he is available for a while, steve?) if this is the case.

Would you consider selling Gaspercic in the close season Steve?

I will loan you 88 rated Artur Boric Teb :)

i love you both.

nav' date=' how long could I loan schwarzer for? i dont want to loan him only to have him recalled if you need the cash very soon, might be better to stick with the lower rated Gaspercic (thats assuming he is available for a while, steve?) if this is the case.

Would you consider selling Gaspercic in the close season Steve?[/quote']

Cheers Herby, you will be doing the review of tonights games yeah :D

Top preview Dave .... starting to look almost semi professional.

That's the best lay-out I've seen yet. Clear and easy to overlook. :)

I think we should all adopt (read copy) this style. ;)

C'mon the Robins ... :D

Good luck all' date='

Herby[/quote']

After my storming 4-2 away victory against leaders Swindon, I've been forgotten too... :(

So...

Southend United Vs Grimsby Town

The Shrimpers go into the game against 3rd place Grimsby full of hope. After beating league leaders Swindon in the last game, Southend are looking to string a good run of results together. Southend will look to fit again striker Alexander Meier and Polish international Piotr Wlodarczyk for goals. German midfielder Ben Kohler will look to pull the strings in a strong new look five man midfield.

Southend manager Perry81 was in good spirits going into tonights game. "We look to have finally turned the corner after nine games without a win. We've found a system that suits the players and have had enough bad luck to last a life time! I'm sure we can still challange for that 3rd place spot and a win against Grimsby will surely help our cause."

Prediction - 2-0

After my storming 4-2 away victory against leaders Swindon' date=' I've been forgotten too... :(

So...

Southend United Vs Grimsby Town

The Shrimpers go into the game against 3rd place Grimsby full of hope. After beating league leaders Swindon in the last game, Southend are looking to string a good run of results together. Southend will look to fit again striker Alexander Meier and Polish international Piotr Wlodarczyk for goals. German midfielder Ben Kohler will look to pull the strings in a strong new look five man midfield.

Southend manager Perry81 was in good spirits going into tonights game. "We look to have finally turned the corner after nine games without a win. We've found a system that suits the players and have had enough bad luck to last a life time! I'm sure we can still challange for that 3rd place spot and a win against Grimsby will surely help our cause."

Prediction - 2-0[/quote']

Perry - That'll teach you for beating Swindon! lol :P

Dave - sorry - can't this week, unless people want to wait until Friday night.

I'll do the Sat preview ;)

oobee007 - I'll include your Boston crew in Saturdays preview mate :)

Herby

p.s. I hear Tev (Steve) is keen to do a review ... here's your chance mate

Guest MR_ENG_CHAMP_1
thanks i have taken gaspercic and feel a bit mean releasing him after being kindly loaned him. appreciate the offer though....

so u want pasca'l* zubRULerbulhaer on loan then teb?

Arsenal 2 Bolton 0

Bolton's 17 game unbeaten league run has come to an end.

Admitedly, Arsenal deserved all 3 points.

With Nolan, Ben Haim and Faye all suspended, is a headache I could do without.

Still on the bright side, Chelsea could'nt capitolise and only drew.

Bolton host Leicester City on Saturday and we will be looking to get back to winning ways!

1136862118654lehmannjens100106.jpg

As predicted by Dave, Swindon had a win over Walsall, however the scoreline wasn't as convincing as Herby the Swindon manager had hoped. The home team had a commanding lead at the break, leading 3:1 thanks to goals from Verheyen (2) and Calderon. In fact Swindon added another after 57 minutes when MoM Calerdon was again on target. With the score at 4:1 Herby decided to take his foot off the gas pedal and rest his 2 star strikers bringing on Ricardo Vaz Tez, who's still on-loan from Bolton, and young star in the making Andrea Russotto. Neither managed to get on the scoreboard and it was Walsall that added a late consolation goal to end the game with the scoreline of 4:2 :)

That result keeps Swindon Town on top of Div 4, still 8 points clear of Rushden Diamonds who managed a close win over Alan's Bristol outfit.

Perry enjoyed another win as well beating Grimsby Town 2:1, closing the gap to just 8 points to now 3rd place Luton Town.

oobee007 who manages Boston United could only manage a 1:1 draw at home to Chesterfield.

Cheers,

Herby

In a rarther disapointing match for Bolton' date=' they drew 1 all with Chesterfield. After Ivan Del Prato scored of a wonderful cross from Ansgar Brinkman in the second minute. The defence held strong but conceded a late equaliser from Lloyd Dyer> :([/quote']

In breaking news!!!

Dave Leigh has been sacked as manager of Bolton and oobee007 has taken over the reigns, after leaving Boston to trial his managerial skills in the topflight. Newspaper reports suggest that the youngser doesn't possess the experience and know-how to manage a team full of stars in Div 1 but only time will tell. This may of course just be a vicious rumour, probably spread by oobee007 himself! lmao :P;):rolleyes:

In breaking news!!!

Dave Leigh has been sacked as manager of Bolton and oobee007 has taken over the reigns' date=' after leaving Boston to trial his managerial skills in the topflight. Newspaper reports suggest that the youngser doesn't possess the experience and know-how to manage a team full of stars in Div 1 but only time will tell. This may of course just be a vicious rumour, probably spread by oobee007 himself! lmao :P;):rolleyes:[/quote']

WHOOPs lol i cant believe i did that. ivebeen waiting so long to get a preview/review withBOSTON and i said Bolton :o