• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 1 Division Two - Season Preview We're in for a real treat this year in what must be one of the most competitive divisions on SM. Here we will look at each team and predict

Re: English Championship 1 Welcome all you soccer fans and managers in EC1 to Herby’s end of season round up of what has been yet another fascinating season in the original and first ever setup on SM

Re: English Championship 1 Hope i'm not stepping on any toes but I used to like reading the division 1 review and since it seems to have stopped I thought i'd do it this season (especially as it look

Posted Images

Nevermind mate .... must be the cold winter air in WA that's caused your brain to temporarily hibernate. rotflmao :D:D

Boston will be a permanent fixture in EC1 re and previews from NOW on. ;)

Herby

wat do u mean i dont live WA i live in the best place in australia sydeny as Juan Antonio samersomething said.

PS join ASM

Smith Takes on Carlisle Task!

I Took Over at Div 2 Highflyers Carlisle Today.

Im Going to have some big changes in My team as I try to Bolt for Promotion.

Im Selling:

Matthew Mills CB 20 75 5.78 100% £547k -

WILSON, Kelvin CB/RB 20 74 6.00 82% £351k -

LINDSCHNGER, Sandro LM 20 75 5.50 100% £547k -

LUMSDON, Chris CM 26 73 7.00 100% £165k -

HAWLEY, Karl F 24 77 0.00 100% £951k -

And Im Looking to Buy Players Rated from 85-100

A Left Back

2 Centre Backs

1 Left Mid

1 Right Mid

2 Centre Mids

1 Centre Foward

I Have £8.9 Million To Spend.

I will also Bid for players on loan.

Time span

:)

Maybe everyone do the reviews of there own games for these matches this time :)

For Saturday' date=' Herb you do the preview then please mate and I will do the review (that is unless someone else says they want to do it) :D[/quote']

I will do Saturdays review as long as the rest of lads dont expect them to quick,what i mean is i had them on the forum by 2am sunday last time,But depending on other family commitments might not get done till Monday morning.Dont get me wrong still might be done early but rather have the knowledge that aslong as i say will do them it it is in the time i can find to do it.[ no added pressure ,my teams gives me enough stress and pressure as it is ] ;)

Anyone Selling any Decent Players' date=' or Players that are damaging thier wage budget because they're not playing at all?[/quote']

NAV who manages Middelbrough is selling some 88+ rated players atm. have a look at his post below or check out his team.

I'm selling a few (Swindon) but most of mine are young talents ;) hehe

Herby

Preview for EC 1 League Games 2/9/06

Bolton - Leicester City

Bolton look to bounce back after last week's loss to Arsenal. Dave Leigh is facing a few problems with 3 keys players still suspended, leaving his starting 11 a bit thin on experience, with centre midfield being of considerable concern. This could be a tough test against 8th place Leicester City and despite being at home, I can't see them recording a win in this fixture. Leicester should donminate the middle of the park with the likes of Xavi and Pirlo reigning supreme, therefore dominating possession.

Bolton will once again rely on Hernan Crespo to bring home the bacon and score some goals. With his scoreless streak now stretching 5 games, Dave would only be too happy to see his star striker find the net again. A Bolton clean sheet could be the key if they hope to take anything away from this fixture.

Prediction 1-2

Hull City - Middlesbrough

Boro also face a difficult test away to Hull City who are managed by the legendary Chris Mach. Nav and his Boro outfit will look finally notch up his first win since taking over 3 turns ago. Unfortunately Middlesbrough will miss the services of offensive dynamo Lionel Messi and their defensive stabiliser in David Albelda, who are still injured and suspended. With a few other important players not yet match fit again, Nav will have to dig deep and show how much depth there is to his squad.

World Cup star Luca Toni and Roy Mackaay will be the main attacking threat for visitors.

Prediction 0-1

Southampton - Manchester City

Ryan Delf's Southampton are home to relegation bound Man City and should be able to win this game to stay on top of Division 2. The Saints had a good win last week and Ryan would be most diappointed if his team didn't collect all 3 points on offer in this clash.

The Man City outfit lacks quality, most notably in the midfield ranks and with insufficent depth to compensate, Southampton should dominate possession and the game. The players to watch are once again Peter Crouch, who's currently the 2nd leading goal scorer in Div 2 and powerhouse defender Juan Pena should keep things tight at the back for the Saints.

Prediction 4-1

Blackpool - Fulham

This week Teb's driving the bus down Bloomfield Road to take on Blackpool at their home ground. Blackpool are flying high at the moment on the back of good run of form which has seen them only lose 1 of their last 6 games. If Steven is serious about getting Fulham promoted this season then this is a MUST win game for the Cottagers.

Blackpool will rely on Gilardino to lead the line and add to his impressive tally of 8 assists and 2 goals since his move from Man City just 13 turns ago. Teb has brought in a new GK hoping to seal a few gaps in defense but that may not be enough to get a result in this game. Fulham are still missing the services of Cisse in attack, who's broken foot seems to be healing very slowly. Players to watch, Shaun Wright-Phillips for the visitors and Ukranian playmaker Anatoliy Tymoschuk for Blackpool.

Prediction 2:0

Wolves - Coventry City

Leamington Steve and his Wolves are on a roll and still miles ahead of the challengers in Div 3. However Coventry City is just that, one of 4 teams currently fighting it out for the minor placings and no doubt is hoping to cause an upset at Molineux Stadium. With only 1 loss in the last 6 games, Steve's team has been firing on all cylinders and should manage another win on home turf. Once again, Christian Vieri will be the player to watch in attack and Phillipe Violeau looks set to once again fill in for Ecuador's Alex Aguinaga, who in his last season for the club continues to struggle with an ankle injury.

Coventry's player to watch in El Hadji Diouf who's looked impressive since his loan move from Bolton. The visitors will need Yossi Benayoun to have a monster game in midfield if they are going to seriously challenge the might Wolves.

Prediction 4:2

Watford - Rotherham United

Kev didn't get off to a winning start last week as his Rotherham team recorded their 3rd consecutive loss. Despite being spanked 5:2 at home last week, there were some promising signs for Kev as his teams attack looked fluid and attractive but the defense resembled a piece of swiss cheese with holes galore all over the place. Kev and Rotherham willl have his work cut out away to midtable Watford who boast some great talent in theri ranks, with none more promising than Jamaican hotshot Marlon King.

Another player to watch is Ashley Young, who's pace on the wing is bound to cause the visitors some serious problems at the back. Evergreen Ole Gunner Solsljaer should continue his fine form and looks set to end up on the scoresheet again. Rotherham will need to keep it tight at the back and dominate midfield, but with no big name players he may have to reply on youth and eagerness to come up trumps not to mention a bit of luck from Stegore's lopsided dice. :D

Prediction 3:0

Bristol Rovers - Hartlepool United

A typical midtable battle here, but even with 14 rounds to go a loss tonite could well signal the end for any aspirations that Alan and his Bristol side may have of promotion this season. Hartlepool who were thrashed 7:1 by Swindon only 2 turns ago haven't been in impressive form themselves and will hope to get something out of the game. Many have been surprised that Alan (snr) Neller hasn't made any attempts to recruit some additional talent in the loan market to give his squad extra depth and maturity. Despite a couple of injuries in midfield, Bristol should be able to take all 3 points at home with german youngster Kevin Boateng expected to run the show in the middle of the park. Other players to watch will be the talented Blaise Matuidi and Fernando Amorebieta who looks set to captain the side again and command the backline.

Prediction 3:1

Bournemouth - Swindon Town

Herby and his Swindon troops travel to 10th placed Bournemouth, who suffered their biggest away league loss back on June 28th were they were beaten 4:1 at County Ground. The result should be no different tonight, with Swindon having strengthened it's squad since the last time the teams met and the gap in class should be more evident than ever.

Herby is expected to play 3 strikers once again with Verheyen, Calderon and Vaz Tez being the biggest goal threats once again. There are rumours circulating that Fosters are interested in signing as a new sponsor for Swindon and this could well signal more cash and hence a few more arrivals before the end of the season. :rolleyes:

Prediction 0:3

Walsall - Southend United

Another midtable clash see Perry and his Southend United outfit make the trip to Walsall who last week had a disappointing loss to Swindon, getting down 4:2 away from home. However Perry has plenty of quality in his ranks as was shown a week ago when they beat top of the table Swindo Town away from home and no doubt with 2 wins in a row Pery would be looking to make it a hattrick of 3 pointers. Walsall will hope that Ndri Romaric can once again display his playmaking talents and perhaps inspire his team mates to play at a higher level. Perry will once again put his faith in his classy german duo of Kolher and Meirer who should make the difference and guarantee Southend maximum points.

Prediction 1:3

Leyton Orient - Boston United

oobee007 and his Boston boys make the trip to Leyton Orient. Despite debts and very limited resources, Boston should be competitive against struggling Leyton who at the moment sit 4th from bottom. Boston will rely on the legendary Luis Romero and Erik Meijer to pose a goal threat whilst the home side will hope that Antonio Chimenti will have an exceptional day in goal as the visitor should dominate this fixture.

Prediction: 0:2

Good luck all,

Herby

EC1 DIV1.

Bolton - Leicester City.

Score 0-0.

With 3 key players still suspended Daves Bolton found Leicester to much of a hard nut to crack.The leaders had to share the spoils with the Midlands outfit,Even though there were no goals the match in itself was not dull ,far from it ,it was a very fast paced game with plenty of action on both sides ,but with a weakened central midfield they conceded to much of the ball to the visitors.So Dave will not be to happy with ROBERTO CARLOS getting a red card to further weaken the defensive side of his team especially with his forwards firing blanks for the last 2 matches,If they dont hit the back of the net in the next match the Wanderers could find inform Chelsea on their doorstep. :)

Hull City 1 - 3 Middlesbrough .

Nav will be over the moon tonight with this away win,After 2 great away wins on the trot by the Tigers they must have thought they had turned the corner after loosing their last home match to Daves league leaders 1-0 .So were proberbly expecting to put there form to good use against Boro,Even the home fans must of been expecting a nice 3 points because the gate was only (9) short of a full house.With the visitors end packed to the seams. When the Boro players came out they was in awe at the throbbing mass of support at the away end.The Teessiders didnt dissapoint them neither when the match kicked off they took the match to the Tigers and by the 20th minute were in complete control with goals from Stewart DOWNING (13)

Aleandro ROSI (20).The home side did pull one back before half time but the Boro fans were still outchanting when the sides went in.Whatever the legendary Chris Mach team talk was it was scuppered as early as 5 minutes into the second half when Obafemi MARTINS (50) made it 3-1 with Downing having a blinder down the left side ,resulting in man of match.So after a few games in charge Nav already showing he has a bit of depth in his Squad. ;)

EC 1 DIV2

Southampton 1 - 2 Manchester City

Well Ryan Delf's high flyers were knocked of the top of the tree today after a very dissapointing result,especially with City playing with 10 men from the 24th minute when M.WILLIAMS got the red card,and only 9 men for the last 12 minutes when they also saw Z.KHIZANISHVILI sent off.

So with the Saints actually taking the lead after just 3 minutes the home support must have been expecting City to lay down and die,Especially seems they havnt won a league match in over 6 games and before this match had lost 7-0 in there last home game.Well in all honesty the home fans were right and they just about did lay down and die,because Ryans team absolutly dominated from start to finish as the stats proved.

Possession Possession

60% 40%

Shots On Goal Shots on goal

33 6

Shots On Target Shots on target

13 4

Corners Corners.

9 5

So it looks like back to shooting practice.

Blackpool 2 - 0 Fulham .

Well for the first 45 minutes of this game there was nothing between the two sides.With Blackpool proberbly just edging the play.Also with P.RAMAGE being red carded for the homeside Teb must have been looking forward to the second half.But i think someone must have told the seasiders what was happening down on the Southcoast because Tebs Cottagers might as well of spent the second half at the Pleasure beach because By the end of the game the tangerine fans were shouting at the Cockney away support Were top of the league and youve been Tangoed.Better luck next time Teb. ;)

EC1 DIV3

Wolves 3 - 2 Coventry City

Leamington Steve and his Wolves are on a roll and still miles ahead of the challengers in Div 3 but he was proberbly expecting a close game against the Sky Blues especially seems they are one of his closest rivals.

You could say this was a game of Two halves ,with the first 45 minutes being one of the most entertaining that the Molineux crowd has seen this season.In fact all the goals of the game were scored in this period which was just end to end stuff well worth the admission fee.Twice Wolves took the lead and both times within minutes Coventry squared it.But with only two minutes to go before half time ROMARIO got his second of the game and also what would be the winner of the match.The two Coventry goals was a brace by Paolo DI CANIO proving the same as the home sides ROMARIO that age dosnt matter . MINEIRO was the wolves player that first opened the scoring.

As for the second half just did not live up to expectations with the homeside not even getting a shot on target,but with only three shots on target resulting in three goals i know which manager will be the happiest. :)

Watford 2 - 0 Rotherham United .

Herby was just one goal away for the homeside from predicting the correct score,but full credit to him he did say Kevs Millers defense resembled a piece of swiss cheese with holes galore all over the place ,and in this match that still was the case but at least it was an improvment on his score last week.

The Hornets actually had the game sewn up by the 18th minute when the second goal was scored .I think after being spanked 5:2 at home last week the mentality of Kevs team was in a defensive frame of mind,But even so the Millers did have more shots at goal than the home side but sadly not many was on target and the few that where caused no danger.But only second game in charge sure he will turn it around sooner than later. ;)

Eci div4 part 1 of 2.

Bournemouth 1 - 3 Swindon Town .

Not a very good time for the southcoast english sides upto now ,With Herby taking his Robins down that end of country and pecking the Cherries to submission.It was a great alround display by the leaders outshining Bournemouth for all the game.The biggest supprise i expect for the Leaders big travelling fans were that they were only 1-0 up at half time.

But it only took three minutes into the second period for the Robins to go 2-0 up and it looked allover ,But a fumble by the awaysides GK R.CER gave the Cherries a goal back ,But it didnt do any good they just couldnt get any sort of hold with Swindon to hot for them.Swindon got their well deserved third goal with A diving header at the back post from Julio ARCA!

The only downside from that for Herby is he substained an injury and now is out for the next five games. :)

Walsall 1 - 2 Southend United

Well i think if Perry wasnt a soccermanager he would be a great Fishmonger because he certainly knows about Shrimps.He has now won three games on the trot with his shrimpers ,they are slowly creeping up the table and could be a good outside bet for promotion.

The game itself was a bit like the Wolves game with all goals in first half.

The Saddlers actually took lead but were still over ran and soon found Southend not just level but leading within 15 minutes of the Walsall goal.

Any way the rest of match became a stalemate for both sides but at least Perry will be going back to Southend a happy shrimper. :)

ECDIV4 PART2OF2

Leyton Orient 1 - 3 Boston United

Another predicted win that Herby got right ,Thats 7 out of 10 only 3 wrong thats very good.

The pilgrims with this win have now gone 3 games unbeaten ,not bad for a team that a few weeks ago seemed to be trying to get to the bottom faster than the titanic.

oobee007 didnt let Herby down with his pre match prediction that the visitors would dominate this fixture. Because that is just what they did.For 60 minutes they played Orient of the park and took a resounding 3-0 lead.

But with a very rare attacking move by the homeside the pilgrims went down to 10 men when the referee was left with no option but to send Christopher FOREST off after bringing down the Leyton striker whilst being the last man .

This did allow The London side a little bit of hope especially pulling a goal back but the pilgrims stepped up a gear even though a man short and ran out easy winners. ;)

BRISTOL ROVERS 3 - 3 Hartlepool United

Well at the moment with my beloved Pirates blowing hot and cold i dont know whether to make some of the players "walk the plank" before the Chairman does it to me.Twice the lads took the lead and didnt manage to hold it both times the longest being 7 minutes ,in fact after the Pool leveled the second time it only took them 60 seconds to take the lead for first time.

But Xavier BECAS got his brace in the game with an equaliser in the 53 minute .And to be honest it was deserved as well as the final result for both sides as neither of us deserved outright victory.

On reflection i would proberbly of been better of loaning when taking over the Pirates because there was a chance of promotion but now will play around with tactics and keep debt down so hopefully will have bit of cash flow to improve next season and try for promotion.So for the rest of season proberbly still hot and cold,So shiver me timbers mateys got to go now. :P

Ronaldinho in Arsenal-West Ham dodgy deal?

There has been a suprising deal or two between these clubs.

Arsenal offered West Ham 18 million for Ronaldinho to which West Ham counter offered a sum of 40 million.

Arsenal accepted this however SM stepped in and refused to santion the deal.

Does this transfer attempt smell a bit wiffy to anyone else?