• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 1 Division Two - Season Preview We're in for a real treat this year in what must be one of the most competitive divisions on SM. Here we will look at each team and predict

Re: English Championship 1 Welcome all you soccer fans and managers in EC1 to Herby’s end of season round up of what has been yet another fascinating season in the original and first ever setup on SM

Re: English Championship 1 Hope i'm not stepping on any toes but I used to like reading the division 1 review and since it seems to have stopped I thought i'd do it this season (especially as it look

Posted Images

Re: English Championship 1

Bolton have had two friendlies in the past week.

a 3-2 win against Division 3 leader s Bradford City and a 2-2 draw against relegated last season from Division 1 Sheffield United.

Dave Leigh says:

"Bradford City are not far off becoming a serious for in EC1 under Kuldeep Samra in the next couple of seasons...which is suprising considering the awful managers they have had in the past such as Hennegrave BenHen and MW...a pair of clowns!

Herby's Sheffield United are good enough to be in the top Division and why they went down after just one season is a total mystery to me!

This season The Blades are pushing for the play-offs which they could acheive that but I think automatic promotion is just to much of a big ask.

Next friendly is against lowly Yeovil Town."

r2480958567.jpg

article-1024439-017DC9F300000578-67_468x371.jpg

TALENTED TURK YILDIZ JOINS BORO TILL END OF SEASON

16382_1210109729.jpg

Out of favour Fulham forward Mehmet Yildiz has agreed to join the boro ranks until the end of the season on a loan deal. Yildiz has been at a mixture of teams so far this season, and looks like he will end the season at his third side - Middlesbrough. He has only achieved 2 goals this season, but Tom is sure he will make a big difference. "Mehmet needs the chance to shine," "He ahsnt really had that yet, so this is something new and better for him, he has no excuses,"

Tom has also confirmed the club's finance is back on track after the departure of Baba Collins (4m). James Fowler is set to join his out of the exit door, to only strengthen the budget.

Tom has also hinted a 'inspriational' signing to come in the next 48 hours at most!!!!!

Guest Toggs

Seen Yildiz did the job on his debut :rolleyes:

Wolves 2-3 Plymouth

A Sammarco double' did the job for Plymouth as they edged the three points against what were a seriously weakened Wolverhampton side. Sammarco & Rothen got the first half goals for the away side, as they went in poised at 2-2, but Sammarco's second half strike gave Plymouth a good three points away from Home Park.

Plymouth picked up 4 yellows in the match, taking the total too 27 yellow cards this season. Managers are starting too suggest that Plymouth are bullying their way too victories, but Toggs has stayed content, saying both his side haven't picked up a single red card, and that it doesn't matter how you get the three, as long as you get them.

Plymouth are now stabily in the play-off spots, 5 points away from 7th. They play league leaders Rushden&Dinamonds on Saturday which Toggs says will undoubtably be a pinical game in Plymotuh's season. He says even if his team can keep it even at Home Park, automatics would become a real possibility, with West Ham's unpredictability.

Also, both Matthieu Chalme & Vitor Vinha have completed moves away from Plymouth for a combined fee of just over 10M. This gives Toggs some money too play with and the Plymouth 'gaffer says that he wont hang around in spending it.

Tis' all :)

YILDIZ PROVES HIS POINT IN BORO WIN

SOUTHEND 1-2 MIDDLESBROUGH - FT

Tom Greenfield has managed to win his first game in charge of Boro, beating Southend 2-1 at Roots hall to come closer to jumping out of the bottom three. Mehmet Yildiz made his debut for Boro, and won the game for them with two fine goals.

Yildiz, on loan from Premiership side Fulham, aged 27, had a fine game and took his chances very well. Meanwhile, Tom has confirmed Middlesbrough have lodged a double loan bid this afternoon for two more talented players, one of which could come as a real 'inspirational' signing for both club and fans alike.

"A real life Boro supporter could join our fight soon," "He will be extremly important to us if we get him, and will become the captain without doubt,"

"The other bid is for a player with unbeliveable experience on the very biggest stage possible," "The fans should be excited because they deserve it from what they've been through,"

mehmet_yildiz2.jpg

sport-graphics-2008_694113a.jpg

Guest Toggs

Was thinking of making an EC1 Site?

The website would be made using Moonfruit, and has proved a huge hit in EC106, where plenty of the forumer managed sides have their own clubs websites, instead of match reporting on here.

This would by NO MEANS kill this thread, but would be something extra for the committed forumers, would look alot nicer too the eye and would add some more compertition and realism (kinda :) ) too what already is the best setup on SM.

Im hoping too set it up so that:

Managers can logon too the site maker and via that, write their own sides MatchReports, Transfer News etc... Theyre will be an updated League Table, covering all four division, theyre can be some fun stuff such as Rumor Mills etc... whatever ideas EC1 forumers come up with.

Im proposing that myself and a couple others who like the idea would maintain the webstie, updating the League Table, Fixtures etc... but anyone who would like too can pop on there and write theyre own match reports/previews, transfer news/gossip, rumors going on in the club etc...

Would almost be a 2nd EC1 Thread, that looks alot better too the eye. But would require effort and commitment from EC1 managers.

This is only an idea, so dont come down too harsh lads. I will be making my own site wth my Plymouth anyway too see what its like as ive never made a site before and from what ive heard, sounds a good idea, and with the time on my hands coming into the part of the season where i do nothing... its worth a try :)

So if youre tooken too the idea, feel free too PM me or write here... with your comments on the idea etc... and see where we stand with this as an idea.

Toggs. :)

um im in english championship with derby county, have a great squad there. winners first season div 1, second season 10th, third season currently 17th in tables. this is championship 1450. i have a problem though, iv bid for 4 players since the past 2 days and i cant seem to get them on my squad, there transfers are from unmanaged teams.

it usually takes a day to get the transfers but i dont know y i cant get them. any suggestion on what to do?

my rating is 82 so i can manage to bring them to my team.

New Faces At Brammel Lane

Herby has added a couple of new players to his ever-changing squad with Ben FOSTER and Edin DZEKO joining Sheffield United late yesterday.

Rod Fanni has left the club shortly after arriving from Swindon Town in the winter transfer window.

"He's a tremendous player but failed to make the desired impact for us here and with Arbeloa now one of the stand-out RBs in the league, I was prepared to use him in a player exchange deal. The transfer between Ipswich Town's George and Herby also included £5M cash and loan rights to Davide Santon for 1.5 seasons.

I'm delighted that we were able to attract the services of an up and coming superstar, and despite a late bid from Hull City we were able to complete the deal and land the player. He's one of a number of young bosnians (along with Ibisevic, Salihovic, Misimovic and Pjanic) who are making a name for themselves in the world of football at present and I'm sure being just 23 years of age, his best years and form are still ahead of him!"

arton27246-4df20.jpg

OUT - Rod Fanni

610x.jpg

IN - Edin Dzeko

Herby also drafted in England's Ben Foster as his reserve GK, with Jens Lehmann in the twilight years of his career.

"I was surprised that no other managers had him shortlisted when I first made an approach for the player last month. I regard him as an excellent GK and at 26 is only just entering his prime. The deal with dutch team NAC Breda saw Sheffield Utd offload a couple of "money spinners" in Da Silva LUCIANO and Julian SCHIEBER as well as £1.85M cash to secure the services of Ben Foster, a deal we were MOST delighted with."

newsmlmmd.a88892494e83bbe4c044aedb46a5121e.211b.jpg

IN: Ben FOSTER

Herby is said to be keeping a watchful eye on a couple of other targets as he tries to make a late season push for a top 2 finish in Div 2.

soccerbabes_98738.jpg

Just a few of the many targets Herby is keeping a close eye on!!!

I can't believe somone sold you Dzeko if I knew he was available I'd of been straight in there with a lucarative offer of my own. As for Foster I forgot about him and had plans to re-buy but of well I guess Consigli will have to do when and if I get more paper.

In other news my team SUCK and every loss I concede makes me want to resign until I calm down the next day. It's still looking pretty darn tight at the top with just 6 points seperating 2nd to 7th with Kuldeep 6 points clear at the top so hopefully I stay in their and get a play-off spot ATLEAST.

How does - Ramieres CM/DM 89 AGE 22 & Franciso Fernando CM/DM 89 AGE 21 sound for a good striker well if interested make me a offer :eek:

Thanks to Teb & Herby for loaning me Prieto - Sulejmani who more than helped me climb the table with 8 goals in 13 and Prieto got the odd gaol aswell. As for Sahko he chipped in with a goal aswell so nice one :D

Signed up Junior Stanislas and 16 year old Prosenik with hopefully three more first teamers on the way :D

Good ridens Kris Boyd :D

I was looking through some old transfers earlier and noticed someone sold Kaka for 20m and Kazim Richards in season 5 that must be the best deal I've ever ever seen!!!!

EC1 best setup by a million miles !!!

WEST HAM TARGET PABLO HERNANDEZ JOINS CARLISLE!

pablo-hernandez.jpg

Carlisle United dipped into the transfer kitty for the

fourth time this week to snatch Spanish ace Pablo

Hernandez from under the nose of London outfit

West Ham United. The 9m pound transfer see's Hernandez

ink a 2 year contract estimated to be worth

just over 20k a week and see's him link up

with former Valencia team mate Angel Michel at Brunton Park.

Guest Toggs

Going into what is set too be a huge match in Plymouth's promotion hopes, against Rushden & Diamonds, Toggs has completed the signing of Spanish midfielder, Gonzalo Colsa. The 89 rated CM Toggs says has finished the job off, as he is now content with his Midfield.

He is expected too be joined by another 89 rated player tommorow in Simone Pepe. Pepe hasn't banged in the goals this season for Udinese but has more appearences than Di Natalie & Quagriella. Toggs hopes that will be enough for him too keep hold of his 89 rating, coming into the Italian rating changes.

Team News: Tcheco is set for another month on the sidelines and wont be seen in the Plymouth squad for quite some time. Buss Henrique misses tonights match but could be in contention for the visit of QPR in a weeks time.

Toggs has one eye on the midweek fixture with West Ham. Plymouth have no fitness worries whatsoever, too the clubs surprise. Although Emmanuelson, Manuel Fernandes, Sammarco & Gokhan wont be risked tonight.

WHEATER JOINS BORO ON END OF SEASON LOAN DEAL

WHEATER TAKES CAPTAINS ARMBAND FOR REST OF SEASON

1147_1210264291.jpg

Middlesbrough have confirmed local boy David Wheater will join them on loan until the end of the season, and potentially even longer. Wheater joins from Premiership side Leeds, but Tom says Wheater will make a huge impact on the club's success.

"He's here and he's local," "He will make a huge bearing on this club now, he is the captain," "The captain must be someone who is brave, commited, and cares about the club, David fills the criteria with ease,"

Wheater should make his debut against Leyton Orient tonight - the return to the Riverside which should be a complete sell out! Also Greenfield's home debut in charge of the club.

3 Defeats in a row:D

I don't actually think the player run arrows make any difference at all but my squad is bugged. What I mean is every arrow is pointing to the left on every player and SM haven't answered a ticket from me since the 23 of last month so thats my excuse.

Guest Toggs

Huge win for Plymouth tonight over Rushden&Diamonds as goals from Sinama-Pongolle, who has 5 goals from his last 6 and Gokhan's second half header, gave Plymouth a vital 2-1 win over Title cotenders, R&D.

The win takes Plymouth too their new highest position this season of 3rd, and another win could take Plymouth into the Automatic spots, although they face top side, Turna's West Ham in midweek.

Toggs has only lost 4 of his 20 league games in charge, the first of them being his opening game in charge against West Ham. His record agaist Turna in EC1 is currently poor. He has met West Ham twice, once in the league and once in the cup, and has lost on both occasions.

Also, Simone PEPE was expected too join tommorow, but Toggs has gone against the Chairmans wishes and has agreed a deal with Peterbrough United that will bring Marc Schwarzer too Home Park for 2M. He will become Doni's understudy.

ROUND UP

MIDDLESBROUGH IN CONTROL OVER ORIENT IN STRONG WIN

BORO 3-0 LEYTON ORIENT - FT

A terrific week for Middlesbrough Football Club in EC1 was rounded up with a superb 3-0 win for the Teesiders to move out of the bottom three for the first time a long while. A week which has seen Boro well back into positive money aswell - from -2m to 10m!

"I think we can all say we've enjoyed this week as a club," Tom said after his side's deserved win against Leyton. "Were out of the bottom three, and the future of the club itself is well back on track," "We can now push on upwards I feel,"

Tom ahs heaped the praise on Turkish loan striker Mehmet Yildiz who is very quickly adapting to live on Teeside. "Mehmet is doing just what i asked him to, become a legend up here," "He's enjoying himself, and its still early days remember," "I hope he carries on," Tom joked.

42836_news.jpg

MIDDLESBROUGH HOLD PREMIERSHIP SIDE BOLTON TO DRAMATIC DRAW IN FREINDLY

BOLTON 3-3 MIDDLESBROUGH - FT

A highly competitive, fierce, but experimental Friendly exhibition match took place last night at the Reebok stadium. Middlesbrough of the third tier travlled to Premiership side Bolton and held them to a 3-3 draw.

Guess who was amongst the scorers for Boro? New superstar Mehmet Yildiz again! Along with him was goals for Matthew Etherington, and Nordstrand, but the dane also saw red in this match, but as it was a non - competitive match, he will not be suspended.

Peterborough unveil four new starters

First into the starting eleven goes Diego COLOTTO the 28 year old centre back. He was exchanged for burly central striker Mert Nobre , who hardly put a foot wrong but deserved a chance to shine for another club.

Next in is Simone Pepe the 25yr old foward. Snatched under the nose of the Plymouth manager the Boro boss sees him as a future replacement for Tomasso Rocchi should his legs begin to tire towards the end of a tough first season for the Posh in Division 3. He was exchaned for under performing duo Tomás ZAPOTOCNY and David MENDES DA SILVA who was sent back from Bradford in disgrace after failing to earn a starting spot in the Bantams starting eleven. These two get a chance to resurect their careers for Besitkas.

The next two players are seen as longer term prospects but also as an attacking pair who will regularly feature on the wing or behind the front man.

Many will be shocked by the surprise siging of Fenández JOAN VERDÚ, however his recent good form and previous successful spell at Sunderland were enough to tempt Peterborough to arrange a swap deal for Lar Stindl and N'Loulou.

Last man in is Antonio JUAN RODRIGUEZ who was exchanged for Fabio Bilica. This was a tough deal as Bilica has developed into a fine player recently. However it seems that at 30 he has reached his potential for now and deserves a starting spot at FC Metz.

These deals also help to reduce the spiralling wage bill at London Road.

Mistermalcolm also announced that he now felt he had 50% of his job done with a solid attack, a world class keeper and some powerfull attacking midfielders. This means he can now reduce his squad size radically and begin preparations for " Project Unity " should funds allow in the future. More about this next season !.

Guest MR_ENG_CHAMP_1

Hi babes wuu2 ? x

Just thought I would make a rare post ... great to see no ones dangerously close to relegation as the season starts to come to and end

APART FROM ME

Unfortunately due to a lack of attention if failing miserably and may have to result in long ball tactics if form dosent change soon

anyway enhough of the doom and gloom

p.s someone should make a custom setup with good clubs but not the best like alt madrid and only allow e.c 1 manager in :rolleyes:

xxx

CHESTERFIELD RING THE CHANGES!

Chesterfield were delighted after the 4 - 0 victory against QPR at the weekend, however Manager Stewart Lauder knew that despite the result the squad still needed to be strengthened if they are to attempt to turn a poor season around.

In a flurry of activity over the last 48 hours, the revolving door has seen the defence bolstered with the arrivals of Slobodan Rajkovic (£0 + Ross Jenkins + Francesco Caputo) and Ryan Shawcross (£200k + Mourad Meghni).

In attack the fans were jubilant with the captures of experienced EC1 hitman Marko Pantelic (£500k + Savio Nsereko + Marco Calderoni) and the troubled but potentially fantastic Valeri Bojinov (£300k + Esteban Granero), as well as 17 year old Paraguayan Federico Santander (£0 + Julian Kelly).

Thus far the only new face for midfield is Argentinian under 20 star Exequiel Benavidez, who jetted in from Boca Juniors and will be part of the youth team.

However, with rumours flying round the town that Augustin Orion is on his way out for a reported £9m it seems as if there will be more new faces at Saltergate before very much longer.