• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 1 Division Two - Season Preview We're in for a real treat this year in what must be one of the most competitive divisions on SM. Here we will look at each team and predict

Re: English Championship 1 Welcome all you soccer fans and managers in EC1 to Herby’s end of season round up of what has been yet another fascinating season in the original and first ever setup on SM

Re: English Championship 1 Hope i'm not stepping on any toes but I used to like reading the division 1 review and since it seems to have stopped I thought i'd do it this season (especially as it look

Posted Images

I'm going to do a quick review for Dave's game and Alan's and my show down!

You get what you put in .... that just means some of you get nix!!!

Bolton v Manchester Utd (AWAY)

Alan predicted 3:1

Actual score: 1:1

Dave's lads got off to an absolute flyer in this ficture, with the unlucky Kevin Nolan hitting the woodwork with a delicate chip after just 3 mins. But Bolton didn't have to wait long before taking the lead courtesy of their RB Cristian Zaccardo who capitalised on a bad fumble by Jen's Lehmann in the United goal. Dave would've been pleased to see his team get on the scoreboard early after Bolton has struggled to score goals of late. His team dominated possesion for the remainder of the half but failed to add to the opening goal and therefore had to be content to take a 1:0 lead into the dressing sheds at half time. It all went pearshape after the resumption of play for the Trotters however, when the towering (lmao) Michael Owen scored the equaliser with a superb header on 51 minutes. The goal caught the Bolton defense napping and came against the run of play. Despite all their efforts, Bolton couldn't dominate proceedings the way they had done in the opening 45 mins and although Crespo went close when he smashed a dipping 25 yarder against the cross bar midway through the second half, a draw always looked the likely result.

With Chelsea winning and Bolton sharing the spoils at Old Trafford, Dave's lead on top of Div 1 has now been cut to just 3 points. Worrying times for Mr. Leigh and his troops who face the once mighty Liverpool at home next turn. :rolleyes:

There's a rumour going around that Dave plans to shave Sorin's and Crespo's luscious long locks if they don't score in the next game. We eagerly await further news on the subject when the manager addresses the press tomorrow. :eek:

Swindon Town vs Bristol Rovers (HOME)

Alan predicted 4:1

Actual score 4:1

Well, Alan got the score right but his tactics all wrong! With the 2 sides lining up in identical formation, it was always going to be an open encounter. In fact it was the Bristol boys who took an early lead, shocking the 5,782 strong crowd when Richard Walker netted for the visitors. But it didn't take long for the Robins to draw level when Serge Gapke netted his 7th goal of the current campaign on the 25 minute mark. Despite surrendering a lot of possession, Bristol was standing strong at the back and they made it difficult for Swindon to break the deadlock. It took a bit of brilliance from Man of the Match Jose Calderon to eventually find the net just 4 minutes before half time, with a delightful goal that sent the home fans into raptures. :D

No doubt Alan would've put on his eye patch at half time and with the use of his parrot as a prop, demonstrated to his lads where they were going wrong! Unfortunately the players didn't understand where the parrot fitted in because it was Nani who made Balli the Bristol GK look like a complete goose when he scored just 7 mins after the restart. With the game virtually over, Herby decided to give some of his youngsters a run out with a triple substitution on 60 minutes. This balanced the scales a little but Nourredine Naybet managed to exploit a poor clearance from a Swindon corner and pounced to make the final score 4:1. Alan will hope for better fortunes when his team takes on Walsall at home next turn whilst Swindon Town, now 10 points clear at the top, will travel to Cheltenham Town looking for another 3 pointer. :)

Going for Gold!

I will be a gold member anytime now, which means I am going to create my own league!

I am looking at the BIG club sides from around the world...so no Bolton's or Everton's in there I am afraid.

Herby has stated he want's to be Man Utd.

I have decided I want to be Inter Milan.

Soooooo... if your interested in recieving an invite for this send me a message (via SM My Messages) telling me what team you want to be in it.

It should be running VERY soon.

I will do the preview for Saturday if Alan would be so good as to do the review

If i can i will try but have a lot going on for next week or so ,so will not totally commit to this week.In fact i might become a bit of killjoy because there are only you me and herby doing writeups ,so i might call time anyway and concentrate on doing some for my own custom setup which starts on sat. :)

']

...there are only you me and herby doing writeups ' date='so i might call time anyway and concentrate on doing some for my own custom setup which starts on sat... :)[/quote']

Hiya Alan, both points are totally understandable.

I would say from this moment on...maybe a preview and review of a persons own team for a bit.

Well I will leave the preview this week and seeing your busy I will do a review of mine, yours and Herbs games...if anyone else want's there team in this review just leave a short message here to be included :)

Dave' date='

Are you in any other custom set ups???

Alan,

I'll do the review for your set up if you want me to. Just an offer :)

Sad that none of the other lads in EC1 could be bothered typing a few lines to do a pre or review. :(

Anyway, I'm off to go fishing! lol

Cheers,

Herby[/quote']

im sorry i couldnt but, been busy returning to school this week etc etc, and i think i may have to quit ec1 sooner rather than later :( i havent been in long, but with the amount of golds im in (all mates) about 9, with a few normal teams, i dont really want a lot now. so middlesboro, a kiev team, and possibly an arsenal will be going for grabs. my finale for ec1 will be this saturday...........and i will 100% write up a good review on my game, i promise :o

THANKS.HERBY.

Dave' date='

Alan,

Sad that none of the other lads in EC1 could be bothered typing a few lines to do a pre or review. :(

Cheers,

Herby[/quote']

Will take you up on that offer Herby ,the good thing about it , it is only two leagues of 8 ,so there will actually only be 4 games in each.

im sorry i couldnt but' date=' been busy returning to school this week etc etc, and i think i may have to quit ec1 sooner rather than later :( i havent been in long, but with the amount of golds im in (all mates) about 9, with a few normal teams, i dont really want a lot now. so middlesboro, a kiev team, and possibly an arsenal will be going for grabs. my finale for ec1 will be this saturday...........and i will 100% write up a good review on my game, i promise :o[/quote']

Thats okay Nav with Gold going to be quite a few going to quit their standard teams,because i havnt been in this league that long ,Bristol is also on my hit list for going.

NP Alan!

']Will take you up on that offer Herby ' date='the good thing about it , it is only two leagues of 8 ,so there will actually only be 4 games in each.[/quote']

Yes, was actually aware of the workload before signing up! :P:D

Should be fun and I'll follow your spin on things .. ie if you take the piss I'll continue the trend. Same if you go for a serious preview I'll continue the theme. ;)

Cheers,

Herby

Dave' date='

Alan,

Cheers,

Herby[/quote']

I'm willing to try my hand at previews and reviews for Rotherham Utd.

Here's a sample preview:We stink,we're going to lose :(

Here's a sample review"We stank,we lost :(

Just kidding

I will give it a try for today's match.Any feedback positive or negative will be welcome.

Barnsley vs Rotherham Utd-Turn 27

Barnsley vs Rotherham Utd

Following their 2-0 defeat at home to Doncaster last turn,manager KevG takes his badly slumping Rotherham Utd side to the Oakwell Ground to face 10th in the table Barnsley.Suprisingly, after 5 consecutive losses,the Millers are still only 2pts away from the safety zone.

"Not good enough"said the Millers boss"We can't depend on other teams form to solve our problems.If Brentford,Burnley or Bradford get a run of good results,then we have to keep pace.It's all in our hands"

Asked about a pundits remark about Rotherham's swiss-cheese defence,all KevG had to say was"He's being charitable,our defending has been awful.

Sad to say,with little money for transfers,and declining gates at Millmoor,the Millers woes look to continue.

Prediction

Barnsley 3-Rotherham Utd 1

Guest MR_ENG_CHAMP_1
Going for Gold!

I will be a gold member anytime now' date=' which means I am going to create my own league!

I am looking at the BIG club sides from around the world...so no Bolton's or Everton's in there I am afraid.

Herby has stated he want's to be Man Utd.

I have decided I want to be Inter Milan.

Soooooo... if your interested in recieving an invite for this send me a message (via SM My Messages) telling me what team you want to be in it.

It should be running VERY soon.[/quote']

hi dave i would like to be barcelona if pos?

Match Review-Turn 27

Barnsley 0-Rotherham Utd 2 (Mullin 66,Monkhouse 73)-Attendance 9317

Playing in a half empty Oakwell may well have been disheartening for the Tykes.Managing only 2 shots on target,they ran headlong into a Rotherham defence that was in no mood to concede anything.

With the help of recent acquisition GK Borut Mavric from German side Greuther Furth and CB loan signing Stefan Radu from Fulham,the Millers defence gave their first solid performance in quite some time.

Second-half goals by midfielders Mullin and Monkhouse secured the 3 desperately needed points for the Millers.They now sit 17th in the table,and travel to Huddersfield for their next match.

Match review: Cheltenham Town vs Swindon Town

Result: 0:4 (Grant LEADBITTER (22), NANI (32), Ricardo VAZ TE (41),

Gert VERHEYEN (60))

Well, this turned out to be a comfortable win for the visitors in front of just 867 fans, most of whom were probably travelling Swindon supporters.

Bottom of the table Cheltenham can thank their lucky stars that only 15 of Swindon's 36 attempts on goal actually hit the target, and of those just 4 beat the GK to find the net. Still with 60% of the ball the visitors were well in control and this was reflected in Swindon Town having 4 different goalscorers but it was the impressive Ricardo Vaz Tez that won the MoM honours with a 10/10 performance. No cards or injuries meant that Herby was a very happy manager and gave an indepth interview post match, non of which was interesting enought to quote here however. :rolleyes:

Swindon Town remains top of the table, 10 points clear of Luton Town.

In other Div 4 news:

Perry's Southend Utd had a 2:2 away draw to Bournemouth.

Alan's Bristol Rovers suffered a home loss to Walsall, going down 2:0.

oobee007's Boston had an impressive 4:2 away win at Colchester Utd.

Guest MR_ENG_CHAMP_1
Bolton 1 Liverpool 1

Another point but 4 games since Bolton have had a win' date=' leaving Chelsea only 3 points behind.

Hernan Crespo at least ended his goal drought with a soliatary goal.

Away at Everton next....BWFC need a win!

[img']http://www.sportinglife.com/pictures/general/allsportnolangoalpalace.jpg[/img]

same thing happened to me u have to chnge u r formation