English Championship 1

Dave Leigh

Guest Toggs

Re: English Championship 1

Toggs'es Plymouth were desoprate for a 'pick me up' result after two sucessive losses in the league, and a Jerome Rothen double confirmed that as Plymouth cruised too a 4-1 win over Aston Villa.

Goals from Rothen (2), Sinama Pongolle & Keita gave Toggs a confortable victory. The win see's Plymouth lie 6pts from 2nd, and 7 points from 7th, stuck amougst the mist of the play-off spots.

Plymouth News

Nikola ZIGIC has completed his move to Crvena Zvezda from Plymouth Argyle for £5,239,200

Carvalho FELIPE MELO has had his rating increased to arrow-ne1.png 91

Alexander DONI has had his rating decreased to 91

Buss HENRIQUE is now suspended for 3 games after being sent off.

Next Fixture - [A] Vs Bristol City - Expected Result - Plymouth 3-1 Bristol City

And Id Be Immensly surprised if Senna was too get 95.

Guest Toggs

Plymouth tonight travel too Bristol City, who have had a rocky start under new manager Tony Green. Its Toggs'es second meeting against the club. Tje first of which was when SamBeaele managed the Bristol club. Goals from Unal Gokhan & Seydou Keita gave Plymouth the three points that night in a close encounter that ended 2-1, and Toggs is expecting more of the same tonight.

Toggs: 'Its a huge derby match tonight, so previous results for both clubs have no bearing on what will be a fantastic night. Our lads are fully aware a win is needed too somewhat stabalize our Play-Off spot, and that is what i expect them too do. That and give 100%

We know they have class in their squad, and the individual talent of Bristol City will have too be dealt with. Im sure our three at the back, who wont include suspended Henrique, will do a fine job on the night, as theyre all experienced lads and that can be said for the whole team.

We have match winners on theyre day, and we know we are one of the best in this division. After a recent run of poor displays and going witohut points, the Swansea game was a huge pickmeup, but know we need too restore the fans beliefs and hopes on what will be an exciting away day for the club.'

Plymouth XI vs [A] Bristol City: Doni, Lichtsteiner, Ocio, Vertonghen, Felipe Melo, Keita, Ledesma, Meriem, Rothen, Sinama-Pongolle, Borges.

Player Spotlight - Camel Meriem

Camel Meriem, has enjoyed what he describes as a challenging, yet rewarding move too Plymouth earlier this season. He was one of Toggs'es first signing. He joined knowing the fact theyre was huge compertition for the spot on the Right Side of the Plymouth midfield.

He started out impressing in the training sessions, and was given his debut in a 1-0 win over Crewe earlier this season. He didnt have the best of nights but continued through-out the season too have another 2 starts for the club, and 6 sub appearences. That number came too the fact that Anderson Tcheco's long-term injury, definitly increased his chances of minutes on the pitch.

Meriem continues too battle out for starting XI places with the likes of Kringe & Sharbini for his place in the Plymouth XI. The Frenchman starts again tonight, only for his 4th full 90 minutes. Will he impress of slump?

Loanee's Avaliable!

Emiliano Vilano (23,85,GK)

Sebastian Bassong (22,86,CB)

Anas Sharbini (22,86,AM/CM)

Paolo Sammarco (26,88,CM/AM)

Hope you liked the read. First EC1 post in a while too.

MIDDLESBROUGH MAKEOVER AS 4 IN , 5 OUT AT THE RIVERSIDE!

Middlesbrough celebrated an away win against Rochdale last night by introducing no less than 4 new additions to the squad, aswell as 2 regulars heading away.

Firstly, Silva Tony joined for a fee of £1.2 million, plus Mark Wilson in part exchange. Secondly, Greek experience midfielder Giorgos Karagounis signed for Boro for £1.7 million, aswell as seeing Relegated West Brom midfielder Jonothan Greening leave. The biggest arrival, and the loudest cheer came for Brazilian 89 rated Jorge Wagner, who signed for Boro in a part exchange deal seeing 2 regulars depart. Promoted Birmingham forward James Mcfadden, and Stoke winger Matty Etherington left in a straight P/E deal.

Aaron Hughes of Fulham also signed for Boro in a £1 million pound move, plus the departure of Nyron Nosworthy.

Guest Toggs

Disapointment for the away travelling fans as Plymouth go down too Bristol City 1-0. Toggs says results like these are 'unacceptable'.

Disapointment for the away travelling fans as Plymouth go down too Bristol City 1-0. Toggs says results like these are 'unacceptable'.

Don't worry, Plymouth fans are used to disappointment :):P

Meanwhile, Ipswich's improved form over recent weeks resulted in a 6-2 thrashing at Newcastle last night :o Not too worried tbh, slightly dominated the stats so just more bad luck .

Khedira tore ankle ligaments in the game before so had to sign Juric from Crotone as a quick replacement. :rolleyes:

7 points off relegation places, some big games coming up though

What's happened to this thead???

I can't remember the last time I had to look on page 2 of the English Champs to find it. :(

For those oblivious or new to the set up, the EC1 thread has been the #1 thread on the forum for years due to MANY contributors posting regularly. I affraid it's only a matter of time now before the EC106 overtakes this thread as the most popular (based on number of posts and views).

It would seem that there is plenty of demand to get into this setup, largely due to the calibre of the managers but also the success of this thread, started by Dave Leigh many moons ago. Managers want to join but then aren't willing to make a contribution to maintain the standard.

I would like to encourage you all to make a bit more of an effort by posting or commenting more regularly. YOU GET OUT WHAT YOU PUT IN .... is very true in life, and SM is no exception to the rule. B)

So please, let us know how YOUR team is doing, no matter how great or poor. Tell us about you signings and plans for success. I was rather surprised to see Teb not post something when he was top of Div1 a few weeks ago .... well, actually I was just surprised to see him on top! lol :P You missed your chance to gloat mate ;)

So get off your butts and make an effort, rather than just at the end of season when you're trying to off-load unwanted players. :eek::rolleyes::P

Herby

I'd been keeping quiet coz everytime i post when i've won a couple of games it jinxes things - but maybe this time will be different...?! :rolleyes:

We'll see.....anyways Chesterfield have now won two consecutive league games matching their best run in the league in this frustrating season.

Division 2 remains for most of us very tight, with only 13 points separating play-off position from the relegation zone.

In transfer news, Chesterfield have tonight swapped Roberto Soldado for Craig Gordon. Soldado never got the 89 i thought he might (though he would still have struggled to get a game ahead of Pantelic, Guiza, Falcao and Bojan) and neither did Rui Patricio so i wanted to bring in a decent keeper as recently Teb had helped me out with the loan of Neuer as my Number 1.

Very happy with Gordon and Rui Patricio as my GK's as i'm hopeful Gordon can get his 90 back next season and then kick on from there while everyone knows the hype about Patricio.

The capture of Gordon means that i have sadly decided to release the Scorpion Kick King himself - Mr Rene Higuita.

At a youthful 42 Higuita might be decent short-term back-up GK for someone as only costs 10k and currently rated 84.

So get off your butts and make an effort...

Herby

Yo Herb

After what happened to my account I was a a bit peed-off and my enthusiasm waned.

I will be back posting soon...just hope everyone listens to you and posts something interesting in the meantime. :)

Yo Herb

After what happened to my account I was a a bit peed-off and my enthusiasm waned.

I will be back posting soon...just hope everyone listens to you and posts something interesting in the meantime. :)

That's ok Dave, it wasn't directed at you. You post more than most on this thread.

I just get a bit annoyed sometimes that it's always the same old handful of regulars who make the majority of the contributions to this thread. In recent times Toggs has been a absolute champion, and I'm glad to see him doing well with his team in Div2. Perhaps there's a direct karma link between this thread and performance in EC1 ... might explain why Adam's Arsenal and Matt's Chelsea are in relegation spots in Div1 and why Delf has crashed from his once mighty position when Southampton were feared and Crouch was a deadly striker :eek: ...... how times have changed! :D

I just thought I'd rally the troops whilst you were in submittion and undergoing SM counselling. lol ;)

Get back on the horse son and ride hard. :)

Herby

p.s. Nice post and signings Stewart, if that's your real name!?!? :rolleyes: lol

Guest Toggs

In recent times Toggs has been a absolute champion' date=' and I'm glad to see him doing well with his team in Div2.

[/quote']

:)

Well we all know why I haven't been posting... I Cant Win! 4 points from my last 6 games has put once Promotion worthy Plymouth only 2 points away from leaving the promotion spots all together.

The latest loss coming too Stoke, on Saturday, as Plymouth crashed 5-1. Toggs was bewildered as the fact both sides used the same formation and most iof the same mentalities, and admits his strikers need too take more of what is made for them.

Big game on Wednesday, against Charlton, who are admittably a better team than Plymouth. Toggs says that won't have any bearing on the game and says Plymouth will win if his players want too.

Should 3 three joinee's tommorow, including a return too the club for one player. Sammarco, Tcheco & Bassong are all set too leave the club in the deals.

So troubled times at Home Park currently, and Plymouth living off of the sucess of Toggs'es start of his reign. Plymouth and Toggs understand that they need more points too secure a Play-Off spot. Can the first three come against Charlton tommorow?

BOLTON SHAKE UP IMMENENT!

I don't reckon finding Kate Beckinsale in a rubber catsuit, on me

kitchen table with a pie in one hand and a pint in the other

could cheer up this Bolton manager right now.

kate-beckinsale-underworld-evolution.jpg

The season...like the last one and the one before that, has ground

into mediocrity, Bolton used to be a force and always challenging for

something once upon a time.

The squad needs freshening up...and I have one or two players in my sights!

9402757_30329769e3.jpg

Well at the moment the highest average performance for my team is M.Landerau but that's only for 14 apps. I hate to say it but probably the player of the season in my team excluding loan signings was Kris Boyd scoring 8 goals in 22 and racking up 10 assists. Sulejmani scored 8 in 13 while on loan from Teb's Fulham & Ramieres scored 6 with 3 moms from DM apart from that they all suck!

Boyd racking up 10 assists :eek:

I mean he's far to greedy for that right?

Don't you just want to punch him?

Guest Toggs

Dave FORCES us too write more.

:)

I would be boring, and split the award between 2 players. But im going too give the award too Jerome Rothen, just for the great work he's done in midfield, with goal/assists/MoM's.

Came too the club perfering Erby Emmanuelson on the left side of midfield, but Rothen has definitly changed my mind. Pip's fellow country-men Sinama-Pongolle too the award, who's also had a good season.

But, Rothen wins the award.

rothen.jpg

Also, Plymouth unveil Gerardo TORRADO (90), Nedum Onuoha (87) & Tabare Viduez (83) at the club. Bigger write-up on them later maybe. :)

Don't you just want to punch him?

Lol' date=' Jinky why would you want to punch the top scorer of the SPL and League-winning member of the mighty Rangers...?! ;):P:D

Although you seem to have somehow managed to find the only picture i've ever seen of him where he looks slim! :o [/font']

Haha yeah he even looks sort of anorexic :D

You know as well as I do that your shame of Scotland team are only keeping the title warm for us next season. As soon as Levien is appointed new coach you'll be lucky to even get a point at Ibrox against us. :P

To all EC1 managers;

Who is your Player of the Season for your club this season?

(A bit of a write up and pictures would be nice!)

Chesterfield's player of the year so far would have to be:

RADAMEL FALCAO

The 23 year old Colombian hitman has scored 10 goals in 21 appearances with 11 assists to boot - so far......

Had sold Lavezzi due to cash-flow problems at the end of last season which left Bojan without a suitable strike partner - swapped Falcao for Caceres which was maybe a bit risky at the time but Falcao seems to be flying with River Plate so hopefully a 90 could be on the cards :)

falcaoo.jpg