• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 1 Division Two - Season Preview We're in for a real treat this year in what must be one of the most competitive divisions on SM. Here we will look at each team and predict

Re: English Championship 1 Welcome all you soccer fans and managers in EC1 to Herby’s end of season round up of what has been yet another fascinating season in the original and first ever setup on SM

Re: English Championship 1 Hope i'm not stepping on any toes but I used to like reading the division 1 review and since it seems to have stopped I thought i'd do it this season (especially as it look

Posted Images

Guest Toggs

Re: English Championship 1

If we launch this properly, and direct the managers who want too get involved onto the forum (Now may be the time too make a EC1 Youth League thread...) too successfully run the tornument.

Gonna put together a quick little sketch-up which may give the answer too some of those problems though... :)

Back in a bit with the Solution :D

EC1 Season 10 Youth Championship

Sounds very interesting to me.

However...

How could this be fitted into the current EC1 format?

I think if you had a youth competition' date=' then don't over complicate it with rules and restrictions.

If they are eledgible to go in the youth squad, then they can play regardless of ratings.

Prahaps allow 3 players over 21 in any team selection...but nobody over 23?

[/color']

An EC1 Youth Competition is EC1 is'nt it? So I would have no problems with reports regarding the youth competition on this thread...actually it would do this thread a lot of good!

Something along these lines?

http://www.ec1youthleague.t83.net

Ofc' date=' nowhere near completion... missing Tables, Fixtures, Player Table, News etc.. :)

Whats the opinion? :) AND WATCH THE CLUB LOGO'S CHANGE! :D[/quote']

Toggs that is brilliant :eek:

Also it's nice to know that i'm not the saddest Manager in EC1! ;)

Seriously though it looks good, though you'll need to add Stoke in now too.

Sounds very interesting to me.

However...

How could this be fitted into the current EC1 format?

I think if you had a youth competition' date=' then don't over complicate it with rules and restrictions.

If they are eledgible to go in the youth squad, then they can play regardless of ratings.

Prahaps allow 3 players over 21 in any team selection...but nobody over 23?

[/color']

An EC1 Youth Competition is EC1 is'nt it? So I would have no problems with reports regarding the youth competition on this thread...actually it would do this thread a lot of good!

The way i envisage it working is that once the fixtures are arranged they are posted for all to see. The home team then invites the away team to play on the appropriate date.

I don't think there are any restrictions as to booking up 3 friendlies at once which makes it even easier as then it's a simple matter of changing your team for the Sunday Youth match when you check your Saturday score (i can't imagine many of us make it past 8pm on a Sunday without checking our Saturday score).

You then have 3 days to remember to change back to your 1st team before Wednesday games.

I'm really not sure about including any rating - don't get me wrong as that would mean i could play Bojan & Kuzmanovic - but part of what made me think of this Youth thing is that i have lots of players rated 70 -82 that i never get the chance to see play.

I originally proposed a cap of 80 for the rating as that would make it more of an even contest for most teams.

Raising it to 85 already tips the scales in D1 teams favour (as they are more likely to have higher rated youths) and if you include any rating it means Aguero, Messi, Benzema etc potentially facing a 75 rated defence - not too appealing for most folk.

You could then say players who are regularly used in the 1st team shouldn't play but like you say best to keep it as simple as poss.

Simplest and fairest is max rating 85, that way the worst case scenario is playing a team with average rating 85, which will be tough enough if your average youth team rating is 75/76-ish.

the way i envisage it working is that once the fixtures are arranged they are posted for all to see. The home team then invites the away team to play on the appropriate date.

don't you have to be a gold member to arrange a friendly (invite someone to play you at a friendly) ??

i don't think there are any restrictions as to booking up 3 friendlies at once which makes it even easier as then it's a simple matter of changing your team for the sunday youth match when you check your saturday score (i can't imagine many of us make it past 8pm on a sunday without checking our saturday score).

You then have 3 days to remember to change back to your 1st team before wednesday games.

that could work mate :)

i'm really not sure about including any rating - don't get me wrong as that would mean i could play bojan & kuzmanovic - but part of what made me think of this youth thing is that i have lots of players rated 70 -82 that i never get the chance to see play.

I originally proposed a cap of 80 for the rating as that would make it more of an even contest for most teams.

Raising it to 85 already tips the scales in d1 teams favour (as they are more likely to have higher rated youths) and if you include any rating it means aguero' date=' messi, benzema etc potentially facing a 75 rated defence - not too appealing for most folk.

You could then say players who are regularly used in the 1st team shouldn't play but like you say best to keep it as simple as poss.

Simplest and fairest is max rating 85, that way the worst case scenario is playing a team with average rating 85, which will be tough enough if your average youth team rating is 75/76-ish.

i see your point mate.

Maybe no players allowed that have a 90 or above rating then?

I have walcott i to would like to see him play but if memory serves he has played just once this season.

Would have loved to have loaned him out to a lower league side which is what i have done in the past, but for some reason the chairman won't allow him a loan...when he does'nt even make the bench!

keep up the ideas mate! :)

The Theo Walcott Saga!

theo-walcott_863334c.jpg

Rumours abound once again that the England star is due to quit Bolton after the Lancashire side were offered a very generous cash offer this afternoon.

It is no secret that life at Bolton has not been happy this season for Walcott.

Walcott said, "I have hardly kicked a ball for Bolton all season. For reasons best known to himself, the chairman will not let my manager arrange a loan move for me this season.

During my Bolton career I have been on loan to Rushden & Diamonds, Colchester United, Bradford City, Plymouth Argyle, Birmingham City, Portsmouth, Chesterfield and Wolverhampton Wanderers...I don't mind this because at least I am playing!

I understand that with Andrei Arshavin, Christian Poulsen, Santi Corzola and Bastian Schweinsteiger ahead of me in midfield and John Carew, Miroslav Klose, Fabio Quagliarella and Salvador Cabanas ahead of me in attack...I am just rotting away in the reserves!"

When SM reporters caught up with Dave Leigh he said,"Yes...I can confirm that a club has put in a very tempting offer for Theo, yes he is talented, yes he is going to be a big star, trouble is in the positions he could play in, there are eight players ahead of him in terms of the selection.

Same problem happened with Daniele Dessena, a loan move at Bradford City did'nt work out for him, he struggled to get a game here so we let him go to Peñarol were he has formed a superb midfield partnership with Gomes Carlos Alberto, and now Dessena is happy in Uruguay!

But going back to the big money offer we have recieved, we don't need the money as we have let some of our surplus players go recently.

I am looking out for a defender and any deal that includes a decent one as part of a player exchange will be taken very seriously!

I have promised Theo that he will be on the bench against his former club Southampton...thats is the best I can do for him at the moment."

Result of the night? :)

Bristol City 1 - 0 West Ham United

J.EVANS 81

BTW' date=' he's not for sale,

Tony

Me too. :-)[/quote']

Hope you can promote to Division 1 within your first season in charge, if not for a stunning fall from grace in the second half of last season, where i dropped from 2nd to 12th in a few matches, you would have inherited a division 1 squad:mad:

keep up the ideas mate! :)

You're right' date=' it used to be only GM's who could arrange friendlies but i'm pretty sure SM changed it so that anyone can do the invite now.

Maybe a non-GM can confirm this by going to "Gameworld" and seeing if you can invite for friendlies (99% sure you can)?

As for the rating issue, i'd still be inclined to keep it to 85 until the majority say they want anything different, and of the six confirmed teams other than myself nobody has said anything different from 85. [/font']

Guest Toggs

Yeah, anyone has been able too offer friendlies for ages.. :) Dave is just that far behind :rolleyes:

Well, ill carry on with the site then and see if anything changes if you see the finished product? :)

Guest Toggs

Maybe you could like in real life with the carling cup / FA draws

Hold the draw for the competition in the chat room or something?

Sounds like a sensible thing too do, no fixes etc... for sure, and everyone would know then and there... :)

Maybe you could like in real life with the carling cup / FA draws

Hold the draw for the competition in the chat room or something?

Chat room? You mean for the added live draw excitement?! :D

Sounds interesting' date=' never really been in the chat room before - think the Forum suits my typing speed better! :o

Was thinking then of seeding the teams, which could be done by calculating the average rating of the best 11 from the squads submitted.

I know someone could have 5 strikers in their best 11 and wouldn't necessarily be playing all 5 at once but it seems the easiest way.[/font']

Also count in Man Utd - Shels ;)

Yeah' date=' i thought he might be up for this with his small army of youth :rolleyes: Any opportunity to take on Shels is always welcomed!

Have added Middlesbrough and Man Utd to the list at the top of page 238 - we now have 9 teams!

7 places left.....[/font']

PLAYER OF THE SEASON

Well well well... Its very tough for me because ive been at two teams this season for the first time so hm...

Ok i have 2 players for this season, one from my time at Birmingham, and one at Boro.

Birmingham

There was a lot of players here that helped make a good strong team that is now very much in contention for the EC1 title! My pick here could have been javier Mascherano, Igor Akinfeev (solid as ever) Gael Clichy, or super goalscorer Iaquinta!

Ive got to give it to Vincenzo Iaquinta though! his goals were pivotal to us!!!!

Middlesbrough

Much easier to decide! This team play as a team of 11, but when Mehmet Yildiz is on form - the team is on form! simple!!!!

So Yildiz wins this!!!

mehmet-yildiz-fener-yolcusu_o.jpg