2 Sheffield Weds.

3 Carlisle United

4 Plymouth Argyle

5 Southampton

6 Blackpool

7 Derby County

if it was best teams southhampton would be top

Hi everyone,

I just took over Derby County in EC1.Nice to see a setup with it's own thread on the forum.I have 7 players who are not match fit and 4 who are injured,lol!

So to my opponent today,if you notice I have 2 CM in the forward positions,that's why. :o It's not being done out of any disrespect for yourself or the game. :)

Nice one Kev...Welcome to EC 1 :)

Needs must sometimes.

In Season 1 of EC1 I was doing well in the cup and had to revert to simialar tactics in the league games as I didn't want my best players to be injured for my cup games as I did'nt have a big squad.

It paid off in the end and i won the cup but my finishing league position suffered in the end.

Dave :D

if it was best teams southhampton would be top

So your touting yourself as Champions of Division 2 Ryan?

Although i am currnetly leading Division 1 I am not taking anything for granted.

Though I would love to finish as Champions, finishing in the top 4 would please me as I finished 6th last season.

Nice one Kev...Welcome to EC 1 :)

Needs must sometimes.

In Season 1 of EC1 I was doing well in the cup and had to revert to simialar tactics in the league games as I didn't want my best players to be injured for my cup games as I did'nt have a big squad.

It paid off in the end and i won the cup but my finishing league position suffered in the end.

Dave :D

Thanks Dave.Just grabbed Derby County in EC3 as well.I've got Thierry Henry and Gregory Coupet among others.Talk about extremes :D

Here is a question for everyone.

Who to date has been your best buy so far?

I think mine would have to be Hernan Crespo whom I bought from Chelsea right at the start.

He has grabbed me in 76 apperances he has 40 goals, 28 assists and 19 Man of the Match awards, not a bad record.

Juan Pablo Sorin is also another with a decent record; 16 apperances he has 8 goals, 7 assists and 1 Man of the Match awards.

1 goal every two games on average not bad going for a full-back/midfielder.

Nope.This setup has a lot of reputable managers.Nice change.

I think so too Kev.

It was the first Set Up created so some of the teams have managers that are very good.

It is great to have a new manager in the set up have fun mate!

Here is a question for everyone.

Who to date has been your best buy so far?

I think mine would have to be Hernan Crespo whom I bought from Chelsea right at the start.

He has grabbed me in 76 apperances he has 40 goals' date=' 28 assists and 19 Man of the Match awards, not a bad record.

Juan Pablo Sorin is also another with a decent record; 16 apperances he has 8 goals, 7 assists and 1 Man of the Match awards.

1 goal every two games on average not bad going for a full-back/midfielder.[/quote']

I told you Sorin would be a winner for you Dave!!!

Well done on snapping up a couple of ageing argentines. lol Sounds like they are doing the job for ya in Div 1.

Well, my star has also been an argentinian old-timer; Jose CALDERON. He is 35 yrs old and rated 87. So far he's played 14 games for Swindon Town with the following stats: 9 goals, 7 assists and 5 MoM awards.

My other star has been Nani (RM) :D He was my very first transfer, bought him as a free agent for 2.2 mill and he's now rated 87 and valued at 6.3 mill. Despite suffering a long term injury he has found the net 5 times in 16 games, as well as 2 assists and 1 MoM award. B)

Happy days!

Herby

Nice one Herb!

Though Sorin and Crespo are both only 31, lot's of top level footy left in them yet.

Jay Jay Okocha did well for me but when his rating dropped from 90 to 87 it was time to wave farewell.

I did snap up Gabriel Paletta in a deal that saw Okocha go the other way.

Paletta is currently rated at 85, if Rafa Benitez's word is to be believed he is going to be a powerhouse in The Premiership, I hope so then his rating will go up.

Thanks Dave!

Jay Jay served Bolton very well in real life too so I'm sure Big Sam would agree with you whole heartedly. :)

Paletta was a good buy, unfortunately (just) out of the financial grasp of mighty Swindon Town. :P lol

I did attempt to buy him for 2 of my other teams yet was rejected both times. :mad: Can you tell me what you paid (I know it was Okocha PLUS cash) or what it would take to secure him services in a cash only deal???

I offered 3 mill plus a player worth 4 mill (rated 87) and that wasn't enough obviously.

Herby

I've already had a few!

£20k for Henk Goitom when rated 60. Now rated 80 and worth £2.1m.

£20k for William when rated 70. Now rated 80 and worth £1.4m.

£40k for Piotr Wlodorczyk when rated 60. Now rated 85 and worth £3.2m.

£600k for Benjamin Kohler when rated 76. Now rated 85 and worth £4.1m.

£1.8m for Alexander Meier when rated 80. Now rated 86 and worth £5m.

£450k for Mauro Cejas when rated at 74. Now rated 84 and worth £4.2m.

£550k for Soares when rated 75. Now rated 80 and worth £2.1m.

£50k for Richard Foster when rated 70. Now rated 77 and worth £1m.

£35k for Lukas Mossner when rated 60. Now rated 76 and worth £743k.

£80k for Chris Suker when rated 72. Now rated 77 and worth £951k.

£500k for Angel Miguel when rated 75. Now rated 80 and worth £2.1m.

Also bought...

KOUTSIS, Georgios

D'LARYEA, Jonathan

SANKOFA, Osei

GRABBAN, Lewis

JARVIS, Rossi

BESAGNO, Nikolas

COLGAN, Nick

WOODS, Martin

Best transfer so far though will have to be Alexander Meier. Played 3 scored 3 averaging 9 MOM 1.

I don't know know about all this top scout business, but my managerial record isn't bad!

Won division two with Millwall in my first season and currently top of the league with Manchester City with 3 games to play in a WC league.

I'd give up and find another team if I was you! ;)

Seriously though, it should be a good season.

Guest MR_ENG_CHAMP_1
Hi everyone' date='

I just took over Derby County in EC1.Nice to see a setup with it's own thread on the forum.I have 7 players who are not match fit and 4 who are injured,lol!

So to my opponent today,if you notice I have 2 CM in the forward positions,that's why. :o It's not being done out of any disrespect for yourself or the game. :)[/quote']

u can have kavnagh on loan and santa cruz both for 20 turns if u want

Paletta was a good buy...I did attempt to buy him for 2 of my other teams yet was rejected both times. :mad: Can you tell me what you paid (I know it was Okocha PLUS cash) or what it would take to secure him services in a cash only deal???

I offered 3 mill plus a player worth 4 mill (rated 87) and that wasn't enough obviously.

Herby

Sure Herb, I paid 1m plus Jay Jay Okocha and Juan Valera

In total ; 8.5m in cash and players for Paletta

Paletta is currently worth 4.8m but using the old saying, "He is one for the future!"

Nottingham Forest recently made me an offer of 15m for Hernan Crespo which I rejected.

Guest MR_ENG_CHAMP_1
Sure Herb' date=' I paid 1m plus Jay Jay Okocha and Juan Valera

In total ; 8.5m in cash and players for Paletta

Paletta is currently worth 4.8m but using the old saying, "He is one for the future!"

Nottingham Forest recently made me an offer of 15m for Hernan Crespo which I rejected.[/quote']

dave u need to uy some midfeilders mate

dave u need to uy some midfeilders mate

Yo Ryan,

I already have;

ZE ROBERTO (92) LM/CM

Juan Pablo SORIN (92) LM/LB

Bastian SCHWEINSTEIGER (91) RM/LM

Stelios GIANNAKOPOULOS (90) RM

Kevin NOLAN (90) CM

El Hadji DIOUF (89) F/W

Thats 6 in a squad of 22

hey Dave,

the bloke (Mr. Robbie Boon) that you spanked 7:1 (Bolton vs Sunderland) yesterday, just offered me 4 million for Jose Calderon, then withdrew the offer and re-offered 400k for my 'star' (87 rated) striker. :eek::P

Someone tell him he's dreaming!!! lol

Looks like the thrashing has spurred him on and made him enter the transfer market in search of some 'quality' in Div 4. :D

Made me have a laugh anyway! Hope he joins the forum now.

Herby

Just on that note ... did that manager deliberately try and throw the game?? I noticed he didn't field his first XI. If anything, he played his weakest team not to mention half of them out of position. What's the go with that?

I reckon I'd be mildly upset if I was one of the managers in the hunt for top billing .... good for you tho, you must've intimidated him!! lol

Cheers,

Herby

Guest MR_ENG_CHAMP_1
Just on that note ... did that manager deliberately try and throw the game?? I noticed he didn't field his first XI. If anything' date=' he played his weakest team not to mention half of them out of position. What's the go with that?

I reckon I'd be mildly upset if I was one of the managers in the hunt for top billing .... good for you tho, you must've intimidated him!! lol

Cheers,

Herby[/quote']

if he hasnt been on for a while and hes had suspensions etc then he might have a proper first XI or maybe all his players are dead so hes put a weak squad for the game and hell put his first team up in the next match

Yo Herb,

I messaged him and he says because he is fighting relagation, he reckons he would lose against the best teams anyway, so he fields his worst against them so his first 11 won't get injured and hopes to pick up points against the lower teams, by then fielding his 1st 11.

I suppose that makes sense in funny kind of way, (or maybe not).

:D Herby check out;

Division1 Turn 2

Portsmouth 2 - 12 Hull City

1 goalkeeper playing in defence, Wiltord gets 2 hat-tricks!

Division 1 Turn 3

Portsmouth 1 - 6 Arsenal

Same goalkeeper in defence.

Division 1 Turn 4

Leicester 8 Portsmouth 0

Portsmouth fields 3 goalkeepers in his starting 11, two of them playing in defence.

I guess some people are not cut out for Football Management Sims LOL!