Re: English Championship 1

THE PERFECT MATCH?!

0,,10794~5879924,00.jpg herbie.jpg

Sheffield United are Champions of EC1!!

The Blades claimed what is arguably most coveted prize on SM with a convincing 4:0 away win against Tottenham to maintain a 5 point gap over 2nd placed Fulham.

"This is an amazing feeling, I'm so happy for all the lads. It's been yet another long season but most importantly one that has brought the club more silverware and finally some just reward for all of the hard work that's gone in over the past few years. We underachieved last season, finishing a disappointing 10th on the back of coming 4th the season before. I aimed for a record number of wins this term and always tried to be positive by going for maximum points. Most of my substitutions reflected this approach and I'm happy to say we were able to win 60% of our games this season.

I'll be fielding a 2nd string team, mostly made up of promising youth prospects, when we take on Preston North End at home on Wednesday night. I've given the boys leave, effective immediately, and I'm sure they'll be celebrating for the next couple of days!" :D

FA-Cup-trophy-001.jpg

Winners are grinners! :D

lohan69zc.jpg

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 1 Division Two - Season Preview We're in for a real treat this year in what must be one of the most competitive divisions on SM. Here we will look at each team and predict

Re: English Championship 1 Welcome all you soccer fans and managers in EC1 to Herby’s end of season round up of what has been yet another fascinating season in the original and first ever setup on SM

Re: English Championship 1 Hope i'm not stepping on any toes but I used to like reading the division 1 review and since it seems to have stopped I thought i'd do it this season (especially as it look

Posted Images

Well done Herb, I was hoping your away fixture againt a very good Spurs might keep my title dreams alive, alas no.

Pretty much secured my 2nd spot with a 4-1 win over Raz's old Leicester side, barring a big win for Villa and a bad result away to Man Utd (quite probable actually!).

Nice to see us SM old boys leading the EC1 charts eh? About time we did well in this Game World!

Why no congrats to me for winning EC1 I mean I helped build half your team. :P

Only joking well done mate can see you taking control of EC1 for the next couple seasons.

As for my lot well gutted disgusted and had a outburst in the dressing room after the Burnley game kicked some players spat in a few faces cried a little then hit the bottle for basically throwing away 2nd. :mad:

Only joking well done mate can see you taking control of EC1 for the next couple seasons.

As for my lot well gutted disgusted and had a outburst in the dressing room after the Burnley game kicked some players spat in a few faces cried a little then hit the bottle for basically throwing away 2nd. :mad:

Not over yet you could still do it, although I'm daring to dream again too- my goal difference could be key and if I can beat Sheffield Wednesday then Rushden & Diamonds will need to get something from Bolton which won't be easy.... :D

Oh and I'd also like to offer my congratulations to Herby, a very deserving winner indeed!

Almost forgot to congradulate SoP on winning division 2 amongst all my frustraition with my own side. Well done mate see you in Div 1 next season (i hope)

:)

Stoke are promoted to Div1 after a close win tonight :D:D

I know youve got pretty much nothing to play for, but give those mancs a whooping wednesday would you? I'll give you a bag of freddie frogs to aid your promotion party if you win (and i get a point at least against the germ).

Worst possible end of day game - away to carlisle who are chasing promotion...

Guess doing it the harder way is better than the no way at all!!!

Thanks guys, for the very kind words. :o

Tbh I honestly thought Teb would win this season, I'm still not entirely sure how I did it. :P Tough luck mate, you have a great squad and I'm sure you'll win the title eventually. Certainly a win for all the old timers in the setup and it just goes to show you don't need a team of all stars or kids to win!!!

A honourable mention does go to Germ (or should I call it an assist? ;)) for our transfer dealings over the past few seasons. lol :D

Congrats also to SOP for winning Div 2, possibly the toughest and most even Division in all of EC1. Can't wait to see what transpires on the last day of the season with so many crucial matchups, most of which could or will impact on the final top 4 and alas promotion. I would like to wish all of my good friends (Chris @ Rushden, John @ Carlisle, Stewart @ Chesterfield & Dave @ Bolton) the VERY best of luck, you all deserve to grace the stage we know as Div 1. :):):)

Hargreaves, Govou and Gekas all still FOR SALE & AVAILABLE. :eek:

Prefer to do p/e deals as I'm now LOADED after selling Friedrich for cash to Chesterfield and the kitty should grow further once my chairman rewards me handsomely at the end of the season! :rolleyes::P

I'm filled with anticipation!! :eek:

Stoke and ?? and ??? will be playing Div 1 football in season 15 of EC1. :confused:

Always keen to put my head on the line :D I'm going with Chesterfield to secure 2nd & Rushden & Diamonds to sneak into 3rd on GD ahead of Carlisle. :o

I think Dave will hold Chris to a draw at the Reebok :rolleyes: - Bolton 1:1 Rushden & Diamonds. Stewart's Chesterfield to sneak a 1:0 away win at Andrew's Sheffield Wednesday. And Jinky the Germ to beat Tom's Boro 2:1 but Goal Difference will unfortunately be his catalyst and Carlisle will finish a disappointing 4th. :(

Only time will tell now :):)

Herby "Nostradamus" Mohr

Ohh the anxious wait... Herby must be probably oen of the only people who is enjoying the wait lol :P

37 Games and it's all come down to this as to whether I've got a playoff place or not:o,nowhere as bad as possible promotion or relegation,but still bad enough and I'll be bloody nervous when the result comes through.

I'm filled with anticipation!! :eek:

Stoke and ?? and ??? will be playing Div 1 football in season 15 of EC1. :confused:

Always keen to put my head on the line :D I'm going with Chesterfield to secure 2nd & Rushden & Diamonds to sneak into 3rd on GD ahead of Carlisle. :o

I think Dave will hold Chris to a draw at the Reebok :rolleyes: - Bolton 1:1 Rushden & Diamonds. Stewart's Chesterfield to sneak a 1:0 away win at Andrew's Sheffield Wednesday. And Jinky the Germ to beat Tom's Boro 2:1 but Goal Difference will unfortunately be his catalyst and Carlisle will finish a disappointing 4th. :(

Only time will tell now :):)

Herby "Nostradamus" Mohr

If i'm to do it then yer man Friedrich will need to have the game of his life at the back as Delpierre and Heinze are both out through injury and suspension.

Of course still need Kanoute, Lavezzi, or Falcao to do the business up front but i'm always more worried about conceding than scoring (cue a 0-0!)......