English Championship 1

Dave Leigh

Re: English Championship 1

Managed a 2:0 win over my old foe Teb :) A good away win for the Blades sees them within reach of the title, with a 9 point lead and only 4 games to go I dare say only Greg Norman could f*ck it up from here. Will Herby follow in the Shark's footsteps? :rolleyes::eek::o LOL

Germ - I hear ya!! I haven't scored from a penalty ALL season and like you have tried a number of (high) rated players. I seem to score from direct freekicks but never from the spot!!! :mad:

SORT IT OUT SM - it's a JOKE!! :P

Lost 3-0 to Manu result unimportant but that's 11 pens missed scored 1 I have tried nearly every player on penalties Griezmann the only scorer but he missed one as well very very annoying. :o

If the opponent gets a card, then you won't score (well, maybe once in 100 attempts:p). If there isn't a card, you have a high chance of scoring, though not 100%:P Same as free kicks. Lol.

If the opponent gets a card' date=' then you won't score (well, maybe once in 100 attempts:p). If there isn't a card, you have a high chance of scoring, though not 100%:P Same as free kicks. Lol.[/quote']

Yeah NEYMAR got carded so i guess what you say is right but at least i know now because i never noticed it before about if he gets a card.

Its all to play for at the top of Div 4 with three games to go. Managed to get Bournemouth back to the top. Definitely a case of squeaky bum time for the top seven teams who can all mathematically still gain automatic promotion.

On the plus side, being a relatively new manager in this set-up I am happy with won 4 drew 1 lost 1 since taking over.

Congrats on your 2nd league title, Herby! Well deserved.

Meanwhile, Reading could only get an away draw against Spurs after leading 2-0. We still have a realistic chance at a top 4 finish, but anything other than a win against Adam's Arsenal on Wednesday and we'll end up playing our reserves for the final 2 games.

The offer for Didier DROGBA of Boston United from Chelsea has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

5m+Giuliano go to Boston. It'll help my depth upfront, as i lose Zarate+Agbonlahor in Lampard deal and i have too many W/AM so happy to give Giuliano

Thanks chaps, very pleased indeed to win my 2nd Div 1 title. :)

Been an exceptional campaign from my lads and we're not done yet!!

I was initially going to play reserves and fringe players but I've since decided not to. As it turns out my last 3 games are all against relegation threatened sides so I don't think it would be fair to the likes of Man City and Bradford if I played my reserves or youths. I can only hope that injuries and suspensions don't strike me down in doing what I believe is the "right thing".

It also gives me the opportunity to set a new club record for most points in a season, previous best mark was 75 in our inaugural triumphant title-winning season (14) so we require at least a further 5 or more points from the last 3 games. I'm also aiming to score 100 goals for the season and to end up with a 50+ GD. If I manage to finish the season with 80 points, 100 GF and less than 50 GA to leave me with a GD of 50 or more then it really has been an record season for me at Sheffield Utd.

I'd also love to see Eto'o win the Golden Boot and play every game this season, and Xavi to take out the best player award as he's been phenomenal for the Blades this term.

Nothing like scooping the pool on awards night I say!! :D

Thanks to all the active forum managers for a great season, bring on season 20 - can't WAIT!! :eek:B):o

Herby

Well done' date=' Herby. Nice to see Sheffield doing well!:)[/quote']

Yuri!!! I hope I have done you proud (2 titles in 6 seasons) and you have no regrets about handing the mighty Sheffield Utd over to me way back in season 5 :eek::rolleyes::D:o

The squad looks a bit different these days and has less 34 year olds in it! :P

I hope you're well and good to see you still popping into the EC1 forum thread occasionally. :)

All the best for 2013 mate.

Herby

Yuri!!! I hope I have done you proud (2 titles in 6 seasons) and you have no regrets about handing the mighty Sheffield Utd over to me way back in season 5 :eek::rolleyes::D:o

The squad looks a bit different these days and has less 34 year olds in it! :P

I hope you're well and good to see you still popping into the EC1 forum thread occasionally. :)

All the best for 2013 mate.

Herby

Cheers mate, and all the best for you and your team as well this year! :)

I've been looking for any vacant spots in the setup for a few days now, but getting into the oldest setup in the game seems a lot harder these days. :D

Congrats on the title Herby, well deserved!

As it turns out my last 3 games are all against relegation threatened sides so I don't think it would be fair to the likes of Man City and Bradford if I played my reserves or youths.

And thanks! Would be really annoying to go down because someone played a weakened team against one of the other relegation-threatened clubs.

I'm getting frustrated with managers here who didn't logged in for 27-29 days ' date='then log in just before they lose their club and then become inactive again. We can have better and larger transfer market if we can replace this kind of manager[/quote']

im seeking a club in here and hav been probs since day 1 of sm..

totally don't even expect 2 end up in if im honest as aswell as it bein ec1 it does seem 2 b major elite in terms of gaffers..

if a team does pop up rackydj@hotmail.co.uk is account id b after club on..

not as active as I use 2 b forum wise but still as active as ever in game..

long shot I know but if that's wots happenin wi current managers then thought id stake my claim for a side at some point in the future :) ..

I have said it directly but congrats to Herby on his div 1 win. The Sheffield clubs cleaned up it seems as my Wednesday won div 2 with 5 games to spare and also won the shield. Thanks to those that already congratulated me (Colin and John I think?). Been another wonderful season for me in div 2 but gonna have to think about how to survive in div 1 next year. All in all though I have been at Wednesday for 4 seasons now and have won 3 divisions, the cup and the shield and been relegated from div 1. Pretty decent effort all round i'd say.:D:)

Herby steered Sheffield United to victory against AS Saint-Etienne.

Sheffield United outclassed AS Saint-Etienne and beat them 7 - 3 in a thrilling SMFA Shield Semi Final Leg 2 encounter.

Stambouli scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Hosiner and Corgnet were also amongst the goalscorers.

Sheffield United went through 14 - 3 on aggregate

:D:D:D:D

Can we defend our SMFA Shield from last season?

The Blades will be taking on US Palermo in the final. :)

I have said it directly but congrats to Herby on his div 1 win. The Sheffield clubs cleaned up it seems as my Wednesday won div 2 with 5 games to spare and also won the shield. Thanks to those that already congratulated me (Colin and John I think?). Been another wonderful season for me in div 2 but gonna have to think about how to survive in div 1 next year. All in all though I have been at Wednesday for 4 seasons now and have won 3 divisions' date=' the cup and the shield and been relegated from div 1. Pretty decent effort all round i'd say.:D:)[/quote']

You got that right Leigh, the Sheffields are the Manchesters of EC1!! :eek::D:p

Well, maybe not quite and not YET!! LOL

Congrats on the success you've had with Wednesday since rejoining EC1 mate.

Well deserved and all the best for another crack at survival in Div 1 next season, bound to be a testing campaign for you but I'm looking forward to a thrilling derby clash between the Owls and the Blades in the city of Steel. B):D

Herby

Afellay out of squad for final game!!!

Brammel Lane is a buzz this afternoon with speculation that Herby has done the first of a number of deals planned for the off season.

With Ibrahim Afellay not named in the squad to face Southampton tomorrow, and no apparent injury concerns or suspension news, many fans and club insiders are now wondering if he's bound for another club in EC1.

Herby has spent the past week trying to sign Daniel Carvajal off Chris Exely at Rushden & Diamonds and it would indeed appear as though he has been successful in landing his "number 1 transfer target".

According to club insiders, he is also after a young quality DM/CB and a talented CF to provide cover for the dynamic trio of Eto'o, Aguero and Falcao.

Dani+Carvajal+Leverkusen.jpg

Is Carvajal bound for Brammel Lane??