Dave Leigh

English Championship 1

Re: English Championship 1

It's a funny old game anyway..

Liverpool are top for now, and despite being a bit more active in the transfer market this year lack any strength in depth , despite a mighty first XI. Any kind of injury, especially to the front line will leave them wanting.

Man Utd are second . Strong in the midfield and loads of potential, this could be their season if they keep the form going.

Peterborough are 3rd, and now lucky enough to have the Real Madrid goalkeeper, ( bet you all regret not taking my various p/e offers involving Lopez now ). A generally less aged squad seems to be performing better this season.

Carlisle in 4th , rely on the risers getting into the 90s to boost their squad. Still punching above their weight in this league , a credit to their manager.

Reading ,were never going to suffer in the doldrums for long. Will do everyone a favor if they beat Liverpool next time up.

Might look at the next 5 tomorrow , if I have time..

Cya soon ...

Hull in 6th , could argue that they are the strongest squad in the league. Their manager though takes no prisoners and the fitness level leaves a little to be desired.

Arsenal in 7th are an attacking variety of side, another manager who works his players hard. Sold Eboue earlier in the seasons and has Rodwell on loan.

Sheffield Wed in 8th , my kind of team, build of the players no one else wants, including De Sanctis, Perreira, Varela , Plasil, Pareja ,Ibson who once ran proudly round my home pitch. With this kind of side you need good back up ,which they have and must be flexible in formation against the stronger sides. A much better performance this season

Chesterfield in 9th a new era for this club. Relatively weak up front , by firm in midfield. They don't draw many which may be the plan for a side many would predict should be back in division 2.

Fulham in 10th , the club with Messi, Ribery and then less to match. The trouble with a one man band is knowing who plays the tune when he is out of form or injured.

My word post 6666 that must have doomed a few seasons!

Hey guys!

It is indeed a loooong time since I posted and it seems

even longer since I was in the lofty heights at the

top of Division 1 and winning things.

Hernan Crespo grabbed 20 goals in 34 appearances and finished

Golden Boot winner in season 2.

I wish I had this team again! :P

1. Júlio Cesar -95

2. Cristian Zaccardo -90

3. Roberto Carlos -92

4. Vincent Kompany -90

5. Zé Roberto -91

6. Kevin Nolan -90

7. Juan Pablo Sorin -91

8. Bastian Schweinsteiger -92

9. Hernan Crespo -93

10. Gaúcho Ronaldinho -94

11. Andrey Arshavin -94

12. Jussi Jääskeläinen -91

13. Andriy Voronin -90

14. Santi Cazorla -90

15. Fabio Quagliarella -90

16. El Hadji Diouf -90

17. Jay Jay Okocha -90

18. John Carew -90

(How they were rated at the time).

:D

On a positive, myself and Herb met for the first time in 3 Seasons;

Mon 25 Mar

English Shield Round 3

Sheffield United 1 - 1 Bolton Wanderers

Bolton Wanderers win 5 - 4 on penalties.

We remember Swindon Town legend JOSE CALDERON! ;)

Herby

p.s. Germ - not about my family but rather the way SM is going. I honestly do think that they are ruining the game. Well done of Paulinho getting his 90 mate' date=' handy to get 2 increases in a matter of months huh? lol ;):P[/quote']

I have to agree with Herb here...sadly seems as much attention to detail like there was back in the day.

I do feel that players returning to their real-life clubs (if unmanaged or unmanagable) does remove some of the fantasy element.

On a positive...I am contemplating creating a new competition for EC1 Forum Managers.

So...you guys got any ideas for this new league you want to throw my way?

Cheers - Dave :-)

DIVISION 2 2/4/2013

Luton Town ..........37

Nottingham Forest ..........34

Blackpool ..........32

Burnley ..........30

Plymouth Argyle ..........29

BOLTON WANDERERS ..........27

Preston North End ..........23

Newcastle United ..........25

Everton ..........24

Coventry City ..........23

17 games played and almost halfway through the season. Bolton face two decent sides this week. High flying Forest and

The Baggies who have a squad that suggests they should not be relegation haunted.

The target for these two homes games has to be two wins. It is going to be a real battle to get one of the automatic

promotion places but a play off place has to be won...we could very easily get mired in the chasing pack and drop out

of the play off spots...that must not happen.

Bolton has been in the wilderness for 7 seasons now since being relegated in Season 13 (unlucky for some!).

The promised land of Division 1 beckons!

Our destiny is in our hands!

Kevin+Strootman.jpg?ITEM_ENT_ID=696590&ITEM_VERSION=1&COLLSPEC_ENT_ID=10

Bolton captain and Holland international Kevin Strootman has been instrumental in Bolton's fortunes with 8 goals

in 15 appearances from midfield.

Went from 4th to 16th in a matter of weeks after getting bored with ec-1 and sm in general mainly the ratings schedule or lack of it has me losing interest. Anyways nice to see Dave posting it's been a while.

Just checked and haven't won in 7 didnt think it was that bad hopefully get back into the swing of things now and save myself from being relegated.

:eek:

I'm thinking about quitting SM at the end of this season' date=' not just EC1 but the game. I'm really disappointed that the developers & owners have opted for the current ratings system (using the term very loosely).

In case I get relegated, I just don't want people thinking it's a case of sour grapes or that I'm throwing a tanty!! :P

For me it's a matter of principle, I haven't commented on the subject previously but the more I think about it the more it annoys me. Leagues aren't been reviewed as thoroughly as they were previously, other players receive 2 changes in less than 6 month, it's rediculous. For example, the 2. Bundesliga wasn't reviewed at all when Germany was done (Bundesliga). I can think of 2 or 3 players that definitely should have had an increase when the dutch league was reviewed. Ratings to me are a crucial part of the game and the owners of the game have simply decided it was too much work and they can't be ******!

I won't stand for being treated with such disdain and disrespect, I paid upfront for 2 years of GM - wish I could get my money back!! Feel very cheated. :mad:

Herby[/quote']

I had a re-read of Herb's sentiments and I can see his point.

I will make a comment or two about this. Before I do, I have to say that one of the owners/devs is a very good friend of mine of many years and we have chatted about SM over many a glass of beer...so if he reads this, my comments are not directed at him but more the fact that the game has started to suck B***cks.

However I would not quit Herb...

I have had Bolton in EC1 from day 1...I have had a number of clubs in other leagues but never took it very seriously.

For me EC1 is the place to be because it was the first and because of the people who manage the clubs...if people like Herb are deciding to quit then there is something very wrong somewhere.

It is the small details that made this game what it is (or was).

Back in the day, the changes were more frequent and generous it has to be said. I have several 89 rated players that would have been given a 90 rating by now...in days gone by. The inconsistancy and tight-arsed approach to ratings are starting to make the game very stale.

The fact that players from unmanaged clubs automatically return to their *real-life* club after the transfer ban expires just ruins the fantasy element.

I will stick around for a little while longer in the hope that the devs give some thought to taking SM back to the glory days.

On a positive' date=' myself and Herb met for the first time in 3 Seasons;[/color']

Mon 25 Mar

English Shield Round 3

Sheffield United 1 - 1 Bolton Wanderers

Bolton Wanderers win 5 - 4 on penalties.

We remember Swindon Town legend JOSE CALDERON! ;)

How is that a positive note??? :P

Well done Dave, not sure how you pulled that one off. :rolleyes:;)

Sadly, Sheffielf Utd are languishing in 10th and are out of both cup competitions. Not much left to play for this term, treading water so to speak. Shels looks good for the title me thinks. :eek:

I had a re-read of Herb's sentiments and I can see his point.

I will make a comment or two about this. Before I do' date=' I have to say that one of the owners/devs is a very good friend of mine of many years and we have chatted about SM over many a glass of beer...so if he reads this, my comments are not directed at him but more the fact that the game has started to suck B***cks.

However I would not quit Herb...

I have had Bolton in EC1 from day 1...I have had a number of clubs in other leagues but never took it very seriously.

For me EC1 is the place to be because it was the first and because of the people who manage the clubs...if people like Herb are deciding to quit then there is something very wrong somewhere.

It is the small details that made this game what it is (or was).

Back in the day, the changes were more frequent and generous it has to be said. I have several 89 rated players that would have been given a 90 rating by now...in days gone by. The inconsistancy and tight-arsed approach to ratings are starting to make the game very stale.

The fact that players from unmanaged clubs automatically return to their *real-life* club after the transfer ban expires just ruins the fantasy element.

I will stick around for a little while longer in the hope that the devs give some thought to taking SM back to the glory days.

[/color']

WB Dave, good to see you posting and sharing on the thread again.

It's not just me mate, plenty of other "long termers" and "good managers" are getting bored and fed up with the directions SM have taken of late.

The ratings schedule or lack thereof is the biggest mistake I have seen them make in the 7 years I have played the game. The fact that Chilli and Germ aren't interested anymore says a LOT to me that it's not just a midlife crises I'm going through. :P

Let's hope the SM lads pull their heads out of their a$$es and begin to see the light once more. PEACE!! :)

Herby

WB Dave' date=' good to see you posting and sharing on the thread again.

It's not just me mate, plenty of other "long termers" and "good managers" are getting bored and fed up with the directions SM have taken of late.

The ratings schedule or lack thereof is the biggest mistake I have seen them make in the 7 years I have played the game. The fact that Chilli and Germ aren't interested anymore says a LOT to me that it's not just a midlife crises I'm going through. :P

Let's hope the SM lads pull their heads out of their a$$es and begin to see the light once more. PEACE!! :)

Herby[/quote']

Really does sadden me that *long-termers* are getting bored...but I can see why.

I think the ratings is the main issue.

Many teams have aging super-stars that I would regard as over-rated now some examples (and this is just my opinion).

Steven GERRARD - 92 (should be 90)

Javier ZANETTI - 92 (should be 89)

Rio FERDINAND - 93 (should be 90)

John TERRY - 92 (should be 90)

There are many players that are rated 87- 89 that should be a ninty.

I give an example Kevin Nolan of West Ham rated 87 still! Should have easily been given a 90 looking at this season performances.

Back in the day the ratings were more adventurous, regular and more of a reflection of the ratings system that made SM so unique.

Thats just my two-penneth! :-)

HERBY GOING TOO QUIT SM AT THE END OF THE SEASON SHOCKER!

To convince our aussie brother to stay' date=' simply reply to this with a *Hell Yeah!"

if you want him to stay![/b']

HELL YEAH!

Someone's been spending too much time on FB!!! :rolleyes::o:D

HELL YEAH!!

Don't stress Dave, I said I'd wait until the end of the season.

One positive is still EC1, loving the fact that Div 1 is as close as ever with 2 wins separating 4th top from 4th bottom!! :eek::)

HELL YEAH!.......We all love ya Herby :P

City are just hitting form at the right time. Beat Stoke 3-1 last night and that moves us just 4 points off 2nd place, also have a cup quarter final against Middlesbrough next week.

I know people like to know this,

Hartlepool - last online 23 days

Crewe - last online 23 days

Barnsley - last online 23 days

Norwich - last online 20 days

1-1 draw at struggling Southampton but it did not do too much damage.

I know people like to know this' date='

Hartlepool - last online 23 days

Crewe - last online 23 days

Barnsley - last online 23 days

Norwich - last online 20 days[/quote']

All have now logged in apart from Norwich.

Norwich - last on line 23 days

Cardiff - last on line 22 days

Grimsby - last on line 21 days

Doncaster - last on line 20 days

1st win in 12 for my Carlisle absolutely shocking against West Ham. Sit 16th but joint lowest goals conceded but terrible goals for i think me needs a striker.

Well out of the 2 knock-out competitions and back to mid-table mediocrity.

I have 6 players that should have a 90 rating but no one at SM Head Office can't be bothered with keeping the player ratings accurate anymore.

ho-hum!

I have regained interest however the transfer market is dead which is a shame. The only thing making me lose interest is i can't win. :D Well won tonight i suppose but doesnt help when i have 5 first team players out.

I have regained interest however the transfer market is dead which is a shame...

Hey again buddy! :-)

The key to a lively transfer market mate is a lively ratings changes input...sadly out of our hands.

I would like to start to build for the future (but have been doing that for the past 2 seasons)...

I have regained interest however the transfer market is dead which is a shame. The only thing making me lose interest is i can't win. :D Well won tonight i suppose but doesnt help when i have 5 first team players out.

Well I'd be interested in a few of your players. Let me know if there's someone in my squad that interests you.

I forgot to do my tactics for some time and left Ronaldo and my other best players out for about 5 games. After that I found some good form and got into the top 4 but yesterday's loss against Darlington means I'm 5th again :(.

Well I'd be interested in a few of your players. Let me know if there's someone in my squad that interests you.

I forgot to do my tactics for some time and left Ronaldo and my other best players out for about 5 games. After that I found some good form and got into the top 4 but yesterday's loss against Darlington means I'm 5th again :(.

Osvaldo and Ba but I doubt we'll be able to come to a compromise but let me know who you would take for each of them anyway.