English Championship 1

Dave Leigh

Re: English Championship 1

Shock horror received a bid that wasn't from a external club today! It was from Leigh for Raffael all be it it was a cash bid that was firmly rejected but all the same it was a nice little surprise in this gameworld.:D

Well done on beating Arsenal James ridiculous result 6-0 against a top side.:D

Thanks John. We also beat Hull City and Bolton Wanderers before Arsenal. Now we have the hardest match of all against Manchester United who are going for the quadruple.

liusfilipe-home.png?1365670632

The transfermeerkat isnt dead after all as we have a bid accepted for Luis Felipe. The Brazilian a ex employee of the club will sign a 3 year deal in exchange R.Cabral and J.Aurtenexte moving to high flying Sheff Wednesday.

The Dave Leigh season 20 review...or "What a load of B**locks!"

finnbogason7.jpg

As season 20 draws to a close I reflect on yet another mid-table finish. I am hoping the aquasition of Alfred Finnbogson pays off next season.

I think however with the continuing ratings revue sham, my interest in SM is still on the wane.

Back in the day ratings were a thing to look forward too...and your buys made or broke your season. Now not so much.

Kevin_Nolan_842291.jpg

Look at former Bolton legend Kevin Nolan. Rated now at 87 and has been a longtime. This season he has been the driving force in midfield for West Ham...his form is now is now just as good as it was when he was at Bolton...and he was rated 90 then.

rolfharris.jpg

I really hope Herby stays managing Sheffield United. He managed minnows Swindon Town back in the early days with great success...and managed The Blades to be EC1 Champions. It would be a sad sad day for EC1 if Herb retires from SM management. An EC1 legend through and through.

Hot+Female+Streaker.jpg

Maybe we should ask SM to introduce female streakers not season...to detract from the ratings war! LOL! Maybe Herb would give it another season then? ;)

football_fight_02.jpg

A lot of unhappy faces regarding the lack of transfers the past few seasons in EC1...sadly a knock-on effect of the lack of attention to ratings, even the usual 'Hull City-West Ham-Carlisle transfer merry-go-round' seems to have ground to a halt of late.

crespo__muyrivercomar.jpg

Thinking back over the 20 seasons I have had as Bolton manager in EC1...who was the greatest player I ever had. The one that really made all the difference. That player has to be Argentina legend Hernan Crespo. In season 2 he scored 20 goals in 34 appearances.

shakira_ass.jpg

Anyways this is Shakira...absolutely nothing to do with EC1 or football LOL! Actually I was going to talk about another EC1 legend called Ryan Delf (aka KING KEV) who managed to steer Southampton to winning EC1 a good few seasons ago, I thought you probably want to look at Delfy so you got Shakira instead, (no complaints no doubt lol). Ryan was instrumental in the social side of this thread...wonder who else remembers him.

sam-allardyce2-415x275.jpg

Looks like it is a two-horse race to be Season 20 champions, between Manchester United and Liverpool. Liverpool manager David Stephenson, the top EC1 manager who has won no less that 18 honours with his club. He does'nt seem to have much interaction with the other EC1 managers accept to throw in a silly money offer for a hot prospect on occasion. Still credit were credit is due.

Anyways...keep on scouting. You never know the ratings application may suddenly pick up. I leave you with a youtube video of my latest hot-prospect;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21gVsvrAW5Y

whine.5952104_std.jpg

:D

;)

:eek:

B)

Lets have your reviews lads!

Bradford City win the English Cup on penalties against Manchester United after a 0-0 draw during normal time! Got absolutely battered during the game, United were far superior. Completely forgot to do tactics today, so the same team that lost to Hull on the weekend played.

Totally undeserved victory, sorry Shels :o

Bradford City win the English Cup on penalties against Manchester United after a 0-0 draw during normal time! Got absolutely battered during the game' date=' United were far superior. Completely forgot to do tactics today, so the same team that lost to Hull on the weekend played.

Totally undeserved victory, sorry Shels :o[/quote']

Well done regardless mate just be glad your not stuck in a relegation battle this season like me.:D

The Dave Leigh season 20 review...or "What a load of B**locks!"

finnbogason7.jpg

As season 20 draws to a close I reflect on yet another mid-table finish. I am hoping the aquasition of Alfred Finnbogson pays off next season.

I think however with the continuing ratings revue sham' date=' my interest in SM is still on the wane.

Back in the day ratings were a thing to look forward too...and your buys made or broke your season. Now not so much. [/color']

Kevin_Nolan_842291.jpg

Look at former Bolton legend Kevin Nolan. Rated now at 87 and has been a longtime. This season he has been the driving force in midfield for West Ham...his form is now is now just as good as it was when he was at Bolton...and he was rated 90 then.

rolfharris.jpg

I really hope Herby stays managing Sheffield United. He managed minnows Swindon Town back in the early days with great success...and managed The Blades to be EC1 Champions. It would be a sad sad day for EC1 if Herb retires from SM management. An EC1 legend through and through.

Hot+Female+Streaker.jpg

Maybe we should ask SM to introduce female streakers not season...to detract from the ratings war! LOL! Maybe Herb would give it another season then? ;)

football_fight_02.jpg

A lot of unhappy faces regarding the lack of transfers the past few seasons in EC1...sadly a knock-on effect of the lack of attention to ratings, even the usual 'Hull City-West Ham-Carlisle transfer merry-go-round' seems to have ground to a halt of late.

crespo__muyrivercomar.jpg

Thinking back over the 20 seasons I have had as Bolton manager in EC1...who was the greatest player I ever had. The one that really made all the difference. That player has to be Argentina legend Hernan Crespo. In season 2 he scored 20 goals in 34 appearances.

shakira_ass.jpg

Anyways this is Shakira...absolutely nothing to do with EC1 or football LOL! Actually I was going to talk about another EC1 legend called Ryan Delf (aka KING KEV) who managed to steer Southampton to winning EC1 a good few seasons ago, I thought you probably want to look at Delfy so you got Shakira instead, (no complaints no doubt lol). Ryan was instrumental in the social side of this thread...wonder who else remembers him.

sam-allardyce2-415x275.jpg

Looks like it is a two-horse race to be Season 20 champions, between Manchester United and Liverpool. Liverpool manager David Stephenson, the top EC1 manager who has won no less that 18 honours with his club. He does'nt seem to have much interaction with the other EC1 managers accept to throw in a silly money offer for a hot prospect on occasion. Still credit were credit is due.

Anyways...keep on scouting. You never know the ratings application may suddenly pick up. I leave you with a youtube video of my latest hot-prospect;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21gVsvrAW5Y

whine.5952104_std.jpg

:D

;)

:eek:

B)

Lets have your reviews lads!

I remember King kev think the reason he left was someone quit his team. I was just starting my ec-1 career the season he left or the season after he left.

I dont think i have a favourite player that made a huge impact but i do have a player i absolutely loathed in M.Vucinic 18 games 3 goals partnered alongside DZEKO who might i did do a decent job with 11 in 27. I seem to never have players in the top scoring chart and not just this setup and if they are like my wc1 Celtic who are top of the league the top scorer has like 6.

Hope HERBY stays as well massive personality and all round great lad !

Won again against Fulham on great form yeah right can't buy a win i mean the better my team has become the results have been worse. I think i'm just going to play my reserves and hope for the best as it can't get much worse. RELEGATION LOOMS!!:D

I dont think i have a favourite player that made a huge impact but i do have a player i absolutely loathed in M.Vucinic 18 games 3 goals partnered alongside DZEKO who might i did do a decent job with 11 in 27. I seem to never have players in the top scoring chart and not just this setup and if they are like my wc1 Celtic who are top of the league the top scorer has like 6.

Me neither. My teams distribute the goals amongst the players. Even central defenders score like Umtiti who has scored 6.

A record crowd at the Valley saw Millwall win 3-2 in the South London Derby. Volland (2) and Sterling the scorers. Actually, Volland is quite prolific, 19 games, 14 goals, 11 assists and 3 MOM awards.

Me neither. My teams distribute the goals amongst the players. Even central defenders score like Umtiti who has scored 6.

A record crowd at the Valley saw Millwall win 3-2 in the South London Derby. Volland (2) and Sterling the scorers. Actually' date='[b'] Volland is quite prolific, 19 games, 14 goals, 11 assists and 3 MOM awards[/b].

Just a tiny bit :D

Graz on that win Kuldeep! :o

Thanks Dave!

Well done regardless mate just be glad your not stuck in a relegation battle this season like me.:D

Thanks! You forget that I'm doing that season after season! Got tired of doing a Wigan this year though, and am somehow in the mid-table positions. Although we're far from safe!

I have to agree mate.

I think quitting EC1 would be a massive' date=' massive mistake (for anyone not just Herb) as the chances of ever getting back in would be neigh-on impossible.

I would hang on in there as I think the game will be brought back in order in time.

I remember the early days when Herb had Swindon Town...great fun days they were I had a really top side back then I may have still been up there but I made to many risky deals that back-fired.

Muller and Hummels for Luís Fabiano a couple of years ago what was I thinking off??!! I had Mata, Walcott, Schweinsteiger, Julio Cesar, Valencia, Marchisio...ah I am gunna make meself cry! LOL

[/color']

Thanks! You forget that I'm doing that season after season! Got tired of doing a Wigan this year though' date=' and am somehow in the mid-table positions. Although we're far from safe![/quote']

Come on down!

I need some company!

LOL!

Well I'm hoping the title race isn't over yet. The Posh have hit their best form for many a season, If I can keep in contact with Utd and the Liverpool Maestro we have a key game 2 weeks from now. Have to agree Herby don't quit!, the ratings have seriously miffed me as well, but I suppose we have to adjust.. even if some poor unfortunates never rise, while other golden oldies go on for ever......

Well I'm hoping the title race isn't over yet. The Posh have hit their best form for many a season' date=' If I can keep in contact with Utd and the Liverpool Maestro we have a key game 2 weeks from now. Have to agree Herby don't quit!, the ratings have seriously miffed me as well, but I suppose we have to adjust.. even if some poor unfortunates never rise, while other golden oldies go on for ever......[/size']

Best form your always up there contending since you won the thing a couple seasons ago.

A 3:0 away win with goals from the spectacular free kick taker D.Capel who always seems to score one when i put him on free kicks and goals from Oscar and Griezmann put us just above the drop zone.

Always looking to deal so get in touch if you have something in mind. :D

Congrats to Shels Man United on winning The Shield against Millwall. It looks like you could have been on for the treble this season if you hadnt lost to Bradford in the Cup final.

Carlisle drop back into the relegation zone after a 2-2 with league leaders Shield winners and Cup runners up Man United Lucas and Son getting the goals.

Lost 1-0 to R&D at the weekend which leaves us in the relegation zone and whats worse is two inactive managers sit above me in Herby's Sheff Utd and Caleb's West Ham. I can't believe how bad a season I am having the only good thing is were in the quarters of the Euro Shield and have a 1-0 aggregate lead over Leeds with the next leg on Tuesday.

Drew 0-0 with Chilli's Hull at Brunton Park and moved out the relegation zone on goal difference only joint on points with Leeds and Chesterfield. With only 4 games to go now i'm getting worried i can't be bothered with division 2.

fixtures -

Boston (A)

Darlington (H)

Reading (A)

Arsenal (H)

It's a real tough one to get out of mate is sure.

I know it is but saying that i got out first try last time by finishing 2nd on the last day on goal difference with two other teams the season Sop won it with Stoke.

Also in the semis of The Euro Shield and face Liegh's Sheff Wed who i havent had the best of luck against in recent times and looks like the winner will face Teb's Fulham in the final.