English Championship 1

Dave Leigh

Re: English Championship 1

Hi Tony' date='

You blocked me from sending you in game PM's. Could you unblock me? :o

Maybe you did this to force me to use the EC1 thread which I was boycotting. :D[/quote']

Thread is dead. I couldn't be bothered with a cup comp in mid season if it was near the start then yes i would have welcomed it.

Indeed. It also died in 2009' date=' I found this whilst reading through the history of EC1. I am currently up to 2010. It makes me feel proud to be in this game world even if nobody can be bothered to post in 2013. :mad:[/quote']

I thought i was the only sado who done that lol :D

Bolton Wanderers 9 Leicester City 0

An amazing result for my Bolton. The best home win in the clubs history.

Things remain interesting in the league also' date=' with Bolton in 3rd spot just 2 points behind the league leaders: Preston North End.

For many seasons at this stage Bolton have been sat in a mid-table wilderness.

I am praying this time around we get back into Division 1![/b']

MATRI - 2 Goals

alessandro-matri-juventus.jpg

SCHELOTTO - 2 Goals

Ezequiel-Schelotto-Atalanta.jpg

STROOTMAN - 2 Goals

Strootman-Man-United.jpg

KRUSE - 3 Goals & MOM

Kruse+2.png

I seen on your achievements that you unlocked a 9-0 win i never knew it was ec-1 that is just awesome Dave well done matey.

Tony instead of arranging a youth cup regular posts on the forum would be welcomed more i think. I MEAN YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO WRITE ABOUT YOUR TOP OF THE LEAGUE!

I seen on your achievements that you unlocked a 9-0 win i never knew it was ec-1 that is just awesome Dave well done matey.

Yes well done Dave. You also won 9-0 at home before' date=' I saw it in the EC1 history.

Tony instead of arranging a youth cup regular posts on the forum would be welcomed more i think. I MEAN YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO WRITE ABOUT YOUR TOP OF THE LEAGUE!

MILLWALL TOP OF DIVISION 3!

With the the best defence in EC1 with on loan Corrêa Marquinhos and with the best striker in Kevin Volland.

Division 3

01 - 34 pts - MILLWALL

02 - 32 pts - Bristol Rovers

----------------------------------------

03 - 31 pts - Wigan Athletic

04 - 30 pts - Queens Park Rangers

05 - 28 pts - Swansea City

06 - 28 pts - Southend United

07 - 27 pts - Crystal Palace

KEVIN VOLLAND

Goal machine Kevin Volland is also the leading scorer. Since he joined Millwall he hasn't stopped scoring, assisting and winning awards. In a recent interview he remarqued on the 1st class technical coaching at the club. He has a couple of hat-tricks this season and I think he had a couple in the last one including 4 against mighty Arsenal when the Lions trounced them 0-6 in one of the cups. This is not registered as it's the cup. I'm worried he'll lose his central position as this usually happens to my strikers and they become wingers. Viktor Fischer will be next. In the old days of SM we had a more flexible system with ATT who could play anywhere up front.

Kevin Volland - Season 21

Games..... Goals..... Assists..... MOM.....

13........ 13........ 6........... 4.......

Career League Total

53(1)..... 36........ 24.......... 12......

I will stop posting as the server may crash on the EC1 thread. We've had too many posts for one day. Over to Tony. :)

Yes well done Dave. You also won 9-0 at home before' date=' I saw it in the EC1 history.

With the the best defence in EC1 with on loan Corrêa Marquinhos and with the best striker in Kevin Volland.

Division 3

01 - 34 pts - MILLWALL

KEVIN VOLLAND

Goal machine Kevin Volland is also the leading scorer. Since he joined Millwall he hasn't stopped scoring, assisting and winning awards. In a recent interview he remarqued on the 1st class technical coaching at the club. He has a couple of hat-tricks this season and I think he had a couple in the last one including 4 against mighty Arsenal when the Lions trounced them 0-6 in one of the cups. This is not registered as it's the cup. I'm worried he'll lose his central position as this usually happens to my strikers and they become wingers. Viktor Fischer will be next. In the old days of SM we had a more flexible system with ATT who could play anywhere up front.

Career League Total

I will stop posting as the server may crash on the EC1 thread. We've had too many posts for one day. Over to Tony. :)

Yeah so annoying especially when you lack any depth in that position. It happened to me with Griezmann but rightly so also happened when I had Muller i think.

Well starting line up looking pretty decent now I just pray Willian gets a work permit for Chelsea or i've been screwed when i already got screwed on the initial deal. Alaba also brought in for Pogba and a few others but could afford to let him go as Isco and Oscar and Paulinho as well as Verratti play in that position. Still a possibility of Verratti leaving if Gozzy still wants the deal i offered of Luis Felipe and the before mentioned. Team will look as such oh and brought in the legend that is Raul who should get quite a few games for us.

Patricio

Jones Varane Pepe Alaba/Luis Felipe

Paulinho Fellani/Verratti/Alaba

Oscar Willian Lucas

Doumbia

ps: dont think its just this thread experiencing lack of activity the forum as a whole is.

Oops! Forgot I sold Schennikov to you Kuldeep was thinking I had him as backup. I suppose Montoya can play lb but for how long that will last i don't know. :o

You've sold me 3 LBs this season :P.

Bradford flying high somehow. Beat a second string Arsenal team today with an 87th minute winner from Iturraspe to stay in 6th place with 31 points!

You've sold me 3 LBs this season :P.

Bradford flying high somehow. Beat a second string Arsenal team today with an 87th minute winner from Iturraspe to stay in 6th place with 31 points!

Oh yeah forgot UMTITI as well.

Carlisle beat rivals Rushden & Diamonds 3-1 thanks to 1 goal and 1 assist each from attacking trio Lucas , Oscar and Isco and stay joint 4th with ManU. Delighted with the win always tough to get points off Mr.Exley also a hard task ahead against Peterborough on Saturday hopefully pull off a upset.B)

Blades prevail in top of table clash!!

Sheffield Utd 5 : 1 Tottenham Hotspurs

Herby was delighted to record his 11th win of the season over title challengers Spurs, with an emphatic victory which sees the Blades leapfrog Spurs at the top of the Div 1 table.

The Sheffield coach controversially left out one of his biggest stars in Sergio Aguero, the club's leading goal scorer this season, due to lack of match fitness but he wasn't missed with goals courtesy of Xavi, Eto'o and Witsel all before the break, which saw the home side go in 3:0 up at the break.

A comeback looked on the cards when Joaquin netted for the visitors just 3 minutes after the restart, but all hopes of salvaging something from the contest were dashed when Barry scored the home side's 4th goal of the afternoon only a minute later (49th) and star striker Falcao hit the final nail in the Spurs coffin when he found the net mid way through the second half to clinch the biggest victory of the season thus far.

Tony G surely couldn't have been happy with his team's display today and to add further salt to injury, his star strikers Gomez and Tevez both sustained injuries in this match. A bad day all round for one of EC1 favourite managers and clubs!!

Bolton Wanderers 9 Leicester City 0

An amazing result for my Bolton. The best home win in the clubs history.

Things remain interesting in the league also' date=' with Bolton in 3rd spot just 2 points behind the league leaders: Preston North End.

For many seasons at this stage Bolton have been sat in a mid-table wilderness.

I am praying this time around we get back into Division 1![/b']

Well done Dave, that's a MONSTER win mate. All the best for the rest of the season. Here's hoping you and a couple of other forumers make the leap back up to Div 1.

Division 3

01 - 34 pts - MILLWALL

KEVIN VOLLAND

Career League Total

Nice work James, very impressive mate.

I see Morata is getting the assists this season rather than the goals but with a game avg of almost 8, he seems to be doing pretty well for you. :)

Keep it up mate, Div 2 is call YOU!! :eek:;)

Nice work James' date=' very impressive mate.

I see Morata is getting the assists this season rather than the goals but with a game avg of almost 8, he seems to be doing pretty well for you. :)

Keep it up mate, Div 2 is call YOU!! :eek:;)[/quote']

Who's this new imposter on the thread? :confused:

Nice work James' date=' very impressive mate.

Keep it up mate, Div 2 is call YOU!! :eek:;)[/quote']

Thanks Herby, well done to you too at the top of Div 1. As you say Morata likes assisting.

Álvaro Morata - Season 21

4(1)....... 1........ 4........... 0.......

Career League Total*

19(5)...... 11....... 10.......... 2.......

* Despite being at Sheffield United, he has only ever played for Millwall. :D

Haha this thread will never die, ... lets have a little look back to keep the old codgers happy.

Post 1 was from Mr Leigh himself 7/24/2006, 3rd season into SM, extolling the vitues of Lawrence Lakeland who had Cardiff at the time , Cardiff once won 41- 0 by the way !

Lawrence quit his last club last year after giving up most of his sides in 2010

50 Pages on, it's Dave Leigh again reviewing Season 4 Liverpool won that year under Dave Stephenson, probably with pretty much the same side he currently has. Fulham gained promotion with that teb in charge

Page 101 has Dexterbrazil 8/9/2007 bemoaning that Port Vale will remain in division 4 and Shelbourne taking over Wycombe

Page 151 in April 2008 Bolton doing well and Machines Chesterfield were hopefull of promotion

Page 201 1 year and almost 3 seasons further on Leeds and Danny Williams start the season well, Danny sadly quit the game 6th month latter.

Page 251 6/18/2009 it's that boring Peterborough manager mrmalcolm Division 3 was so tight that season and Bradford and Peterborrough squeeked past Darlo.

Page 301 16/3/2010 Caleb announces Perrota is to leave West Ham in exchange for Rodwell and Kolarov, Perrota was a 92 then and served me well for 6th months but then fell like a stone. He retires soon now an 86. Rodwell has taken his time to get to his current rating and Kolarov has stalled.

Page 351 a year on , Caleb again pleased with the rise of Sakho and Hazard

Page 401,2 years latter The SMFA strike reversing deals left, right and centre. The Soldado affair left all kinds of players and money at the wrong clubs.

Page 451 Modern times.. Germ's Carlisle pull off a draw with Leeds.

Who say's this forum is dead.........pah

As the Forum seems to have worken up, can I direct managers back to post #6759 whene I proposed a Youth Cup. Three managers have expressed an interest to date. If anyone wants to join them, we should have plenty time before the end of the season to conclude a competition.

Tony

I was speaking to Mr.Malcom earlier today and i asked him to be honest what formation he was going to play (stupid question i know) and i said i'd tell him what i was playing as well and we both stuck to what we said and it turned out a draw but was wondering would anyone have changed formation to get advantage?

As the Forum seems to have worken up' date=' can I direct managers back to post #6759 whene I proposed a Youth Cup. Three managers have expressed an interest to date. If anyone wants to join them, we should have plenty time before the end of the season to conclude a competition.

Tony[/quote']

Sounds good Tony, count me in if you manage to rustle up 8 managers.

Surely that can't be THAT difficult. :rolleyes:

Germ (Carlisle)

Mr Malcolm (Peterborough)

433 (Millwall)

Tony G (Spurs)

Herby (Sheffield Utd)

Shels (Man Utd)

Leigh Austin? (Sheffield Wed)

Dave? (Bolton)

Teje? (Reading)

Caleb? (West Ham)

Kuldeep? (Bradford)

Yap (Luton Town)

Chris Exely (Rushden & Diamonds)

Gozgoz8/Stevie Crouchy (Chelsea)

Phil Chilli? (Hull) - not sure he has enough youths these days!!

Adam? (Arsenal) - not sure he has enough youths these days!!

So there's 16 potentials off the top of my head.

I think Sinnott (Plymouth) and Johan Alberts (Boston) have been forumers in the past but once again, not sure they can field a youth team. :(

Anyway, would be good to get at least 8 and play QF onwards in a cup style tournament. :D

Cheers,

Herby

Sounds good Tony' date=' count me in if you manage to rustle up 8 managers.

Surely that can't be THAT difficult. :rolleyes:

Germ (Carlisle)

Mr Malcolm (Peterborough)

433 (Millwall)

Tony G (Spurs)

Herby (Sheffield Utd)

Shels (Man Utd)

Leigh Austin? (Sheffield Wed)

Dave? (Bolton)

Teje? (Reading)

Caleb? (West Ham)

Kuldeep? (Bradford)

Yap (Luton Town)

Chris Exely (Rushden & Diamonds)

Gozgoz8/Stevie Crouchy (Chelsea)

Phil Chilli? (Hull) - not sure he has enough youths these days!!

Adam? (Arsenal) - not sure he has enough youths these days!!

So there's 16 potentials off the top of my head.

I think Sinnott (Plymouth) and Johan Alberts (Boston) have been forumers in the past but once again, not sure they can field a youth team. :(

Anyway, would be good to get at least 8 and play QF onwards in a cup style tournament. :D

Cheers,

Herby[/quote']

Caleb is in the military so i wouldnt count on him and Chilli is less active as is Adam.

Oxford United manager Chris Martin has decided to part company with the club after 644 games in charge. :(

Hope Afroman joins United only reason i sold Verratti and Felipe :)

Also count me out of youth cup.