Dave Leigh

English Championship 1

Well Dave' date=' looks like that long haired Argentine did it again for you. Good stuff! Congrats on the win, altho young Tomasz did aid your cause a bit by playing half of his team out of position. :eek::P

The mighty Swindon strikers did their job and netted 5 against Notts. ;)

Herby[/quote']

Yes looked at his team sheet this morning and some are out of position.

I think his cause was not helped by Newcastles former manager running the best players into the ground.

Still he did the sensible thing and did'nt play them.

That Newcastle side will be very hard to beat when all their best players are fit.

Great win for the mighty Swindon! The Robins march on!

P. S. >>>>>>>> R L ; Has Crespo now gone to Inter?

Guest MR_ENG_CHAMP_1

no i mean dave loaned him to me then he said do u wanna buy him i said not enuff money n then he recalled him and i know everthing bout eng football nav so dont worrie

Hiya Ryan,

Jaidi is now on his way to Millwall.

I wanted to sell him and MIllwall indicated they were interested.

Being a fellow forumer I wanted to give you first refusal Ryan, before any dealings with Milwall.

All the best

Dave

How'd we all go???? :D

To me it looked like this (sorry if I missed anyone! Please add yourself) -

Division 1 :

Dave's Bolton Bigots could only manage a draw against a strong showing from the Spurs Crew, who despite going down to 10 men at the start of the 2nd half were still able to hold Bolton to a 0:0 draw. Dave's dancers couldn't make their slight numerical advantage and possession count and hence the points were shared but Dave's lads are still on top of the league.

Division 2 :

Ryan_d's Southampton Saint's smashed the might of Sheffield from head to toe. A comfortable 3:0 win saw him retain his place on top of the table. Even losing star striker Kevin Kuranyi midway through the 2nd half for a second bookable offense, didn't stop the rampage as a Rudolph Skacel added a 3rd just before the final whistle. A good win in front of a great home crowd of 27,514.

Teb's Fulham Fag***s also managed a win, humbling the might of Manchester City by 3 goals to zip. An impressive away showing by Steve's troop who capitalised on their few opportunities, netting 3 times from as many attempts. Man City had more possession, shots on goal and target yet failed to take advantage of their opportunities and are now left to ponder over a set of useless stats. Winners are grinners and Teb's laughing all the way into 8th place, a mere 3 points off a promotion spot.

Division 4 :

Perry's Southend Suckers had a draw away to Oxford. Neither team could break the dealock and the game finished 2:2 with the honours shared. Southend had the lead twice and it looked as though Perry's boys would take all 3 points but 5 minutes from time Oxford's Marcelo popped up to score the equaliser and earn himself the MOM award. A slightly disappointing result but the point keeps Southend near the top in 5th place, just a few points off a promotion place.

Alan's Bristol Babies lacked the skill and aggression to take any points off Grimsby Town, who on this occasion wasn't managed by another Neller but somehow still managed to get the better of Neller Snr's tactics. Despite going ahead in the first half, Bristol was evetually over-run by the home team with the final score of 2:1. Possession was evenly shared, and despite Alan's mob having mores shots on goal, Grimsby managed a couple more on target and that what made the difference on the day. That result leaves Bristol languishing in 16th place, with little hope of promotion but if anyone can do it, it's a Neller!

Last but not least, Herby's Horny Heros ... the Swindon Robins had a narrow away win over 3rd place Luton Town. Swindon came from behind to snatch a 3:2 win in this 6 pointer, in front of a small, non-imposing home crowd of just 2,754. In a game that saw the ref brandish 6 yellow cards, Swindon dominated the game, having 63% of the ball and twice as many shots on target as the opposition. Nevertheless is it took a great strike from the on-loan Serge Gapke to seal what was an important win. The 3 points keeps Herb's team on top of Div 4, where Swindon holds a 4 point lead over Chesterfield.

Hope you guys enjoyed my little write up. :)

Are there any forumers in Div 3??? Nav are you in EC1 as well???

I once again apologise IF I've missed anyone. :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Herby

Guest MR_ENG_CHAMP_1

Division 1 :

Dave's Bolton Bigots could only manage a draw against a strong showing from the Spurs Crew' date=' who despite going down to 10 men at the start of the 2nd half were still able to hold Bolton to a 0:0 draw. Dave's dancers couldn't make their slight numerical advantage and possession count and hence the points were shared but Dave's lads are still on top of the league.

[b']Division 2 :[/b]

Ryan_d's Southampton Saint's smashed the might of Sheffield from head to toe. A comfortable 3:0 win saw him retain his place on top of the table. Even losing star striker Kevin Kuranyi midway through the 2nd half for a second bookable offense, didn't stop the rampage as a Rudolph Skacel added a 3rd just before the final whistle. A good win in front of a great home crowd of 27,514.

Teb's Fulham Fag***s also managed a win, humbling the might of Manchester City by 3 goals to zip. An impressive away showing by Steve's troop who capitalised on their few opportunities, netting 3 times from as many attempts. Man City had more possession, shots on goal and target yet failed to take advantage of their opportunities and are now left to ponder over a set of useless stats. Winners are grinners and Teb's laughing all the way into 8th place, a mere 3 points off a promotion spot.

Division 4 :

Perry's Southend Suckers had a draw away to Oxford. Neither team could break the dealock and the game finished 2:2 with the honours shared. Southend had the lead twice and it looked as though Perry's boys would take all 3 points but 5 minutes from time Oxford's Marcelo popped up to score the equaliser and earn himself the MOM award. A slightly disappointing result but the point keeps Southend near the top in 5th place, just a few points off a promotion place.

Alan's Bristol Babies lacked the skill and aggression to take any points off Grimsby Town, who on this occasion wasn't managed by another Neller but somehow still managed to get the better of Neller Snr's tactics. Despite going ahead in the first half, Bristol was evetually over-run by the home team with the final score of 2:1. Possession was evenly shared, and despite Alan's mob having mores shots on goal, Grimsby managed a couple more on target and that what made the difference on the day. That result leaves Bristol languishing in 16th place, with little hope of promotion but if anyone can do it, it's a Neller!

Last but not least, Herby's Horny Heros ... the Swindon Robins had a narrow away win over 3rd place Luton Town. Swindon came from behind to snatch a 3:2 win in this 6 pointer, in front of a small, non-imposing home crowd of just 2,754. In a game that saw the ref brandish 6 yellow cards, Swindon dominated the game, having 63% of the ball and twice as many shots on target as the opposition. Nevertheless is it took a great strike from the on-loan Serge Gapke to seal what was an important win. The 3 points keeps Herb's team on top of Div 4, where Swindon holds a 4 point lead over Chesterfield.

Cheers,

Herby

well doone mate :) on the review

Sources inside The Reebok Stadium reveal that the manager was dissapointed that Bolton's run of 10 successive league victories came to an end with a 0-0 draw at home, dispite the fact that the opposition had quality within the side.

On the bright side, second placed Newcastle could only manage a 2-2 draw at Preston and 3rd placed Chelsea, 4th placed Cardif City and 5th placed Liverpool all lost.

Bolton still remain seven points clear of the chasing pack.

Hi guys,

Glad some of you liked it. I didn't mean to offend anyone, nor their team/players.

I was in fact a little intoxicated when I wrote the report, having just returned from a jazz, wine and food festival. ;):P

Dave,

You're a very diplomatic manager ... always see the positive side don't ya! :D

Herby

p.s. Leamington (Steve) - I'll add you to the next one

I have to say Herb,

I am impresed with how you have managed Swindon Town.

From where you have taken them to where they are now ; very impressive.

Two other managers that have impressed me with taking a small club with a relatively poor team to teams that now have a decent side are John Gledhill of Blackpool and Chris Mach of Hull City.

But the best of The Bunch is Lawrence Lakeland of Cardiff City.

The goal scoring feats of Crespo and Sorin have kept the results coming in.

Last Season's Division 1 Golden Boot winner Crespo, has not been a prolific so far this term, but Boltons player of the season so far, has got to be Sorin.

r_crespo_i.jpg2e1cb3sorinnotp.jpg

Guest MR_ENG_CHAMP_1
I have to say Herb' date='

Two other managers that have impressed me with taking a small club with a relatively poor team to teams that now have a decent side are John Gledhill of Blackpool and Chris Mach of Hull City.

But the best of The Bunch is Lawrence Lakeland of Cardiff City.[/quote']

you always say that the cardiff manager is amazing and how much did sorin go for to barca????

I have to say Herb' date='

But the best of The Bunch is Lawrence Lakeland of Cardiff City.[/quote']

Thanks Dave, means a lot from a SM manager I respect and someone who's been very successful himself. I'm happy with the team I've amassed, considering I had very limited resources and a smallish squad (23).

The future looks bright at the home of the Robins and if a couple of my youth prospects live up to their potential (ie dos santos, cywka, nani, etc) then I'll be playing the big boys in Div 1 in a few seasons time. :eek::D

I agree with John from Blackpool, his team team has taken shape nicely and now looks quite strong - despite having a few Bolton rejects in there! lol

I reckon he'll get promoted into Div 1 so you'll get to do battle soon enough. :)

Can't really comment on either Lawrence or Chris (altho I've noticed that the boy is busy in the transfer market). I'll be watching them a bit more closely now ;)

Herby

you always say that the cardiff manager is amazing and how much did sorin go for to barca????

Sorin went relatively cheap to Barca in 2003, if I remember correctly. The big question is who will sign him NOW??? I hope my beloved VfB Stuttgart manage to land the 30 year old but at his age he'll go to where the money is which probably won't be in the EPL but then again Big Sam and Harry Houdini might just make it happen. Although I read the other day that Harry has withdrawn his interest as he couldn't afford his wage/demands.

I know Bolton, Portsmouth, Stuttgart and Inter were all offering around the 2.5 mill mark, not bad for a player of his quality & experience and someone who could still play another 2-3 years in the top flight imho.

Dave, if you want to sell Sorin for 2.5 mill on SM then you know who to contact right? hahaha

Crespo is off to Inter - anyone know what they paid for him? 5 mill? Might be the standard fee at Chelsea these days .... in which case, Swindon Town will be submitting a bid for William Gallas for 5 mil :eek: lmao

Division 1 :

Dave's Bolton Bigots could only manage a draw against a strong showing from the Spurs Crew' date=' who despite going down to 10 men at the start of the 2nd half were still able to hold Bolton to a 0:0 draw. Dave's dancers couldn't make their slight numerical advantage and possession count and hence the points were shared but Dave's lads are still on top of the league.

[b']Division 2 :[/b]

Division 4 :

Cheers,

Herby

loving the report fella , think you should make it a regular thing either every turn or weekly?? wat the rest of you think???

Guest MR_ENG_CHAMP_1
Sorin went relatively cheap to Barca in 2003' date=' if I remember correctly. The big question is who will sign him NOW??? I hope my beloved VfB Stuttgart manage to land the 30 year old but at his age he'll go to where the money is which probably won't be in the EPL but then again Big Sam and Harry Houdini might just make it happen. Although I read the other day that Harry has withdrawn his interest as he couldn't afford his wage/demands.

I know Bolton, Portsmouth, Stuttgart and Inter were all offering around the 2.5 mill mark, not bad for a player of his quality & experience and someone who could still play another 2-3 years in the top flight imho.

Dave, if you want to sell Sorin for 2.5 mill on SM then you know who to contact right? hahaha

Crespo is off to Inter - anyone know what they paid for him? 5 mill? Might be the standard fee at Chelsea these days .... in which case, Swindon Town will be submitting a bid for William Gallas for 5 mil :eek: lmao[/quote']

lol crespo went for free i think and i think sorin will go bolton because u see that some of the players they got rid of they must be making way for sorin

Well on the Sorin front, there are still a few things to be agreed in regard to his wages, I think he is asking for 35m per week and I would pay him that.

He is one of the very few South American players that would fit into Bolton's style, he is tenacious, gives his all and he with get stuck in when needed, if Sorin signs for Bolton Big Sam's scientific approach to players fitness, diet, training and rest will expand his player career by a couple of years....look at Gary Speed!

Anyhow on the Bolton EC 1 front;

Nottingham Forest recently put a bid in of 15 million for Crespo to which Bolton rejected.

Horacio Ameli looks to be heading for the exit door behind Raidi Jaidi who went to Millwall for 3 million.

Bolton have made a gentlemans agreement with Derby County to allow Ameli to go to them for 2 million when he becomes available.

12 million record signing Bastian Shweinsteiger, the versatile midfielder and German International from Bayern Munich has still to justify his price tag in the managers opinion.

Stelios, who the German has kept appearing regularly this season, may be looking at a lot more games.

Ze Roberto and Sorin have been dynamo's in midfield with 14 goals between them.

Captain Kevin Nolan has kept the engine room fires burning with his inspired leadership and last seasons signing from Blackburn, Lucas Neill has impressed.

Loan king, Abdoulaye Diagne-Faye, who has pulled on the shirt for Carlisle, Northampton, Preston, Cardiff and Colchester in the past, looks to have claimed a more regular place in the Bolton team.

The jury is still out on new signing Meite, although big things are expected of him.

Of Argentinian Youngster Gabriel Paletta, he is an investment that will hopefully come into fruition next season.

Manual Pasqual, the Italian International fringe player, remains frustrated that his chances have been limited by veteran Roberto Carlos.

Bolton_Nolan_celeb_H.jpg

A big English Cup quarter final game tonight!

Southampton vs Hull City

Tough League 1 opposition for The Saints.

The Tigers boast a host of stars with Dida in goal and Micheal Ballack, Walter Samuel, Rafael Marquez and Robert Pires to name a few.

Can Peter Crouch shoot the underdogs into the semi-final?

Saints manager Ryan Delf will be biting his nails tonight hoping that his boys can capitolise on home soil.

000F3789-929B-12E8-80670C02AC1BF824.jpg

A big English Cup quarter final game tonight!

Southampton vs Hull City

Tough League 1 opposition for The Saints.

The Tigers boast a host of stars with Dida in goal and Micheal Ballack' date=' Walter Samuel, Rafael Marquez and Robert Pires to name a few.

Can Peter Crouch shoot the underdogs into the semi-final?

Saints manager Ryan Delf will be biting his nails tonight hoping that his boys can capitolise on home soil.

[img']http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/icnewcastle/jul2005/1/9/000F3789-929B-12E8-80670C02AC1BF824.jpg[/img]

tonight?? isnt tonight Tuesday??