Dave Leigh

English Championship 1

Now here is the correct review;

A big English Cup quarter final game next Monday!

Southampton vs Hull City

Tough League 1 opposition for The Saints.

The Tigers boast a host of stars with Dida in goal and Micheal Ballack, Walter Samuel, Rafael Marquez and Robert Pires to name a few.

Can Peter Crouch shoot the underdogs into the semi-final?

Saints manager Ryan Delf will be biting his nails tonight hoping that his boys can capitolise on home soil.

000F3789-929B-12E8-80670C02AC1BF824.jpg

John Smiths not Fosters Herby ;)

Anyhow the pre-match preview for tonights games;

League 1 leaders Bolton travel to relagation haunted Portsmouth and are hoping to pick up three points.

With Newcastle and Chelsea facing diffucult games against Hull City and Leicester City and Cardiff City and Liverpool playing each other, Wanderers are at least hoping to maintain their seven points lead at the top.

Southhampton face an away tie against Carlisle but analysis points towards The Saints being to strong for The Cumbrians.

All eyes will be on England international, Peter Crouch.

Fulham face a very diffucult home tie against a very strong Blackburn side who where tipped for promotion at the beginning of the season.

If Chilean international Mark Gonzalez can provide Argentina wonderkid, Ezequiel Lavezzi with plenty of service Fulham have a chance.

Unfortunatley main striker Djibril Cisse is out with a broken foot after only playing six games for Fulham since his move from Wigan Athletic.

Southend have a home tie against Wycombe Wanderers although a diffucult game, Sothend should have enough to come away with all three points, with Argentine, Mauro Cejas being a pivotal point in claiming a victory.

Bristol Rovers entertain Peterborough, the game will hinge on the young Spanish powerhouse, Fernando Amorebieta, being able to give his goal plenty of protection in the heart of defence.

Swindon Town face a Darlington side that is seriously lightweight up front.

In contrast The Robins have a lot of strength in depth in attack; Argentine Jose Calderon, Manchester City signing and former Belgian International Gert Verheyen goals will be very impotant this season. Unfortunately the veteran looks set to hang up his boots after this term and Portugese under-21 internatinal Ricardo Vaz Te on loan from Bolton will also be looking to add to his goal tally.

Darlington can expect their goal to be peppered all night!

We are all looking forward to a post match analysis thereafter, from Fosters swilling Herby Mohr.

Guest MR_ENG_CHAMP_1

good preview dave hopefully ill win but only have 3 srikers left santa cruz who cant score for toffe savo molesvic no need to say any more and the lanky green gaint

Thanks for the great preview write up Dave, let's see how your predictions turned out! *BURP*

Dave picked his Bolton boyz to rape and pillage at relegation haunted Portsmouth yet despite superior possession (and good looks) the Wanderers were left wondering! :rolleyes: An intereseting stat to note here was that despite having more of the ball, Bolton were unable to create many goal scoring opportunities and in the end had less shots at goal than the Portsmouth Power Rangers. No doubt the near capacity crowd at Fratton Park would've loved to have seen some goals but both managers seemed content to share the spoils in a game that could've gone either way. Final score 0:0 with MoM Hernan Crespo giving a great post match interview on how to keep your hair looking shiny in the dry summer heat. lol

Still, Bolton remain on top of Div 1, their 7 point lead still in tact as neither Newcastle nor Hull could claim the important 3 points on offer in their clash and Cardiff suffering a shock loss at home to Liverpool.

That brings us to Div. 2 where Dave tipped Southampton to shatter any dreams The Cumbrians may have had before kick off. For once, Dave was spot on and Carlisle simply had no answers to combat the powerhouse style of play that the Saints showcased on this particular afternoon. Under the guise of their flambouyant manager, Ryan_d the Southampton Saints had a comfortable 4:1 win. This one was over before it began, with several spectators departing the stands by halftime when the scoreline was already 3 in favour of the visitors. Peter Crouch failed to trouble the scorers and had a rather disappointing afternoon with his strike partner Sava Milosevic stealing the show with 2 great goals which were followed by a red card that earned him an eary shower. It would seem that several of the Saints had another engagement to attend as 3 Saints when marching out rather than in. It would appear Muntari, Skacel and Milosevic all opted to discard their halos and become sinners instead. In what proved to be a spiteful match, referee Matthieu Jemmali must've earned some frequent users points on his cards, flashing red on 3 occasions and a yellow on another, ironically all to the visiting Saints.

MoM was the homefan's darling Claudio Ubeda who managed to pull one back for Carlisle Utd in the last half hour when Southampton was down to just 8 men. Nevertheless, Ryan's thugs are still on top of Div 2, enjoying a 4 point lead over the chasing pack. With some key players suspended for the next few weeks, we'll soon see the depth of his squad and whether they can continue this marvellous run of form. :)

One of those teams chasing top spot is Steve's Fulham side, who according to Dave had a tough home tie against a formidable Rovers team that were tipped (probably by Dave) for promotion pre-season.

Well, the 2:0 scoreline may be a bit flattering for the Cottagers but I doubt Steve Tebbut, their manager, is complaining as he saw his team move into 6th spot, just 5 points behind leaders Southampton. The hero for the home team was Ezequiel Lavezzi, who as indictaed by expert Dave Leigh had the potential to be a match winner. It was his brace on a mild afternoon that managed to secure all 3 very valuable points for Fulham.

Despite having less of the ball, it was the accuracy on the day that made the vital difference for Steve's disciples, managing to hit the target with every attempt - a very impressive statistic indeed. MoM was the on-loan Robert Huth who along with S. Wright-Phillips were the standouts on the day. The young german was commanding in defence and was a constant aerial threat to Blackburn especially on set pieces and corners. Fulham is now equal on points with 3rd placed Derby and in with a very realistic chance of promotion; something the home fans will no doubt realise as they flock to Craven Cottage for the next home fixture against Carlisle Utd next week.

Now to Div 4 where Dave enjoyed some more success with his each way tips.

He predicted Southend would have a difficult home tie and this proved to be the case for Perry Richardson & Co as they were unable to collect the full load on offer and were left to salvage a single point in their game against Wycombe Wanderers. In fact if it hadn't have been for the visitor's going down to 10 men after young Alan Tate, who had a poor game, was sent off the field for the wiley wanderers, they might've even snuck a precious away win. Alas it was Steve Hunt that saved the day for Southend with a late equaliser that keeps them in the hunt for top spot and promotion to Div 3 next season. Perry's men now sit in 6th place on the ladder, 12 points behind pace setters Swindon but just 4 points off that all important 3rd/promotion spot.

Alan_Neller_Snr and his Bristol Rovers entertained Peterborough, and according to Dave the home team had a chance to record their 6th win of the season, if they just managed to seal up their leaky defence. Obviously Alan was able to recruit Sealeys as the match day sponsor with free silicon all round because the Bristal lads kept it very tight at the ass end. Just a single lapse at the back resulted in a chance and well taken goal for Petersborough midway thru the second half to temporarily reignite the tie before Bristol made sure of all 3 points late on. This was a spiteful affair that saw the referee reach into his pocket and brandish a red card on 2 occasions. Crowd favourite, Vincent Pericard ruined his afternoon by being sent off, after receiving a second yellow for foul language with just 34 mins gone. The young french striker obviously wanted the coach to see how much english he had learnt since joining from Portsmouth last season. No doubt Alan Neller(Snr) will be looking to add a few words, other than the 4 letter kind, to his repertoire in the next few weeks while he's suspended. The win sees Bristol move into 15th spot on the table and still with an outside chance of promotion despite being 3 wins off the pace at present.

And that leaves just Swindon Town's fortune to assess. They were at home to Darlington, a team that according to Dave had as much chance of win as Bobo not being SM's leading forum poster. In this instance DL was spot on, the Robins had an easy 2:0 win and only God knows how the scoreline stayed at a pair. :mad:

The home team enjoyed 64% of possession and had 28 shots on goal with 17 hitting the target. If it hadn't of been for some heroics between the sticks from Mike Pollitt the scoreline could've been much worse for the outplayed Darlington team. As predicted, it was the Argentine Jose Calderon and former Belgian International Gert Verheyen, who came on at the hour mark as a super sub, who netted the goals for the home team. Verheyen was awarded MoM for his delightful cameo display in the last half hour, in which he scored 1 and assisted the other goal. This win came at a price however with G. Verheyen now sidelined for 5 weeks after picking up an injury in the final minutes.

The win sees the Herby Mohr and his Swindon gang extend their lead at the top of the table to 6 points after Chesterfield could only manage a draw at home against Shorpe Utd. The manager reiterated in a post match interview that promotion remained the club's chief aim this season and that being crowned Div 4 champion was the ONLY acceptable result for him!!! B)

Hope everyone enjoys the read .... until next turn!

Herby

Garth Crooks managed to speak to Man of The Match Hernan Crespo, after a failed attempt to speak to the Bolton Manager, who apparantly told the reporter to go and **** himself.

GC ; So Hernan you played very well but your suppoting strikers, Voronin, Zurawski and Diouff seemed to let you down and made you do all the running.

Crespo ; Eeez true Garth! Beeet I like to run as my hair flows behind me!

GC ; So what did you make of El Hadji's performance?

Crespo ; No Garth I no use that shampoo I Eeeez using Diamindtips at the momeeent!

CG ; I see and Voronin?

Crespo ; Yeeez eee has nice hair like me?

CG ; Zurawski?

Crespo ; I no like eeez crew cut eee looks to much like eee German!

CG ; Sorin was'nt his usual commanding self in this game it seems.

Crespo ; Sorin's hair eeez nice and eeez Argentinian like me!

CG ; Meite and Diagne Faye had a commanding performance at the back other wise things could have been much worse.

Crespo ; Yeeez but they is both bald!

CG ; Ok thanks for your time Hernan best of luck against Norwich!

Ahhhh that's funny sh*t Dave! At least this thread is entertaining us if no-one else. :P

It seems that most soccer players are sponsored by sporting goods manufacturers like Adidas, Nike, Puma, etc yet I'm positive that Crespo has an exclusive agreement with Wella, Loreal or Schwarzkopf!!! :D He must do. hehehe

Anyway, nice wrap on the interview mate. Loved it! My wife was wondering what I was laughing at .... I'm sure she thought I was looking at p*rn or the like tho. :eek: hahaha

Cheers,

Herby

hey guys made a mistake and quit my ec1 team and then luckily picked up boston' date=' i amd -4 mil in debt so if u want some players u can have them.[/quote']

We'll have to include you in the next write up oobee :)

So you got boston eh? Sorry, but I'm in the hole too so I won't be buying anyone off you. Try moneybags Dave Leigh ... I hear he and Bolton are loaded. lol

Cheers,

H

Guest MR_ENG_CHAMP_1

dave hear u intrested in michael svensson for 10 mil ill giv him to ya for 9 B)

Guest MR_ENG_CHAMP_1

and has any 1 gto any midfeilders i could loan because mi think i have 2 for the the next 3 matches even if theyr only 90 rated any would do *cough*dave*cough*

Ryan, I will loan you Stelios Giannakopolous if you like :)

However you will have to make a loan offer in the next half hour as am off to a wedding this weekend and I am being picked up at 5.30

If you miss the deadline I am back sometime Saturday but don't know when, hopefully before kick off :D

Stelios : He is a nice lad really!

1138478589672_820.jpg

and has any 1 gto any midfeilders i could loan because mi think i have 2 for the the next 3 matches even if theyr only 90 rated any would do *cough*dave*cough*

A 90 rated mid??? What's THAT? :confused::eek::P lol

Glad you didn't cough this way Ryan, or I'd challenge you to a "roshambo" :D

Hahahaha

Herby 'still on the Forsters' Mohr

bwfcncfc19030502.jpg

Bolton entertain Norwich City tonight. Wanderers long-haired hotshot, Hernan Crespo is looking to end Bolton's recent goal drought.

Southampton have a very diffucult time and could feature Bolton's Stelios if manager Ryan delf manages to sort out the paperwork in time!

Fulham also have a very diffucult away fixture at Division 2's suprise package, hight flying Plymouth Argyle.

Jared Borgetti on loan from Wolves is Plymouth's danger man.

Sothend and Rushden and Diamonds clash in what is thought to be a blood and thunder tie.

The key player in this game with be creative winger Santi Cazorla.

Bristol Rovers visit Nottingham, at The County Ground Both teams are not that special, a home win will probably ensue.

Swindon Towns game is not listed and may be called off.

Swindon's manager incites that Fosters is to blame.