• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 1 Division Two - Season Preview We're in for a real treat this year in what must be one of the most competitive divisions on SM. Here we will look at each team and predict

Re: English Championship 1 Welcome all you soccer fans and managers in EC1 to Herby’s end of season round up of what has been yet another fascinating season in the original and first ever setup on SM

Re: English Championship 1 Hope i'm not stepping on any toes but I used to like reading the division 1 review and since it seems to have stopped I thought i'd do it this season (especially as it look

Posted Images

Re: English Championship 1

Thanks mate,the squad needs a serious reshuffle,when im out of the 'red' im going to buy some young players that ive never even heard of just to form a platform so that i can release my old players.

I hate old players! Why do people buy them !?!?!(dont answer that-we all know it but arghhhhh:mad:

Prepare for the luton revolution-see you in Div 1 soon :)...maybe

i hope u win lol they will have that match it the back of there heads lol ryan brown

Blimey we did win' date=' but just....on penalties!

Bolton Beat 'The Scousers' twice in a week!

Bolton were pleased to take a victory at Anfield after a tense penalty shoot out.

They now face Preston North End in the next round.

Dave Leigh said; "We now have to forget these two great victories over Liverpool as we have te small matter of a visit to The Walkers Stadium to take on RAz's Leicester City, who has a squad that boasts players like Heinze, Zambrotta, Kahn, Pirlo, De Rossi, Tevez, Totti and several other world class stars...so it will be far from easy...we will be lucky if we get away with a draw!"

Delf, it's obvious that you're not doing much with the Saints this season, that's for sure :P although when you mentioned crap I thought you were just busy until I realised you were talking about your form at present. :P:rolleyes:

Robbiem - I LIKE it .... nice work. Good to see some new enthusiam and fresh blood in this setup/thread. Keep it up mate :)

SHEFFIELD UTD vs SWINDON TOWN

HERBY vs ALEX C

PRESENT vs PAST

Well, tonight looms to be a trip down memory lane for Mr Mohr as his Blades host his old club, Swindon.

With one eye on the Cup game on Monday against Newcastle, Herby could well field an understrength team against the Robins in order to keep his first team in tact and at full strength. With Phil Neville and Christian Pander suspended for tonight's clash, Herby will most probably hand some of his youngsters another chance to impress.

Swindon under the control of Alex Cooper these days, has Scott Parker out with a knee injury and that could well leave him short of options in the CM department.

"I'd be disappointed if we couldn't claim all three point in this tie, and continue to challenge for promotion. Alex has obviously devoted his time to other interests and challenges these days and it's showing with Swindon Town losing 4 out of the last 6 games they've played. I'm still trying to make sense of his record signing, Rodrigo PALACIO, who cost the club £14M - money that should've been used to bolster the rest of the squad".

cubaHeaderWrap.jpg

Rochdale claim Victor-y over Swansea

A goal each from Eric GAUCHO(81) and Casadesús VICTOR (85) were enough to kill off Swansea in a tight match at Spotland which could've easily gone either way. Veteran stiker Christian MAYRLEB (85) grabbed a goal late on in the game but it was not enough to help Swansea grab a point against a well organised Rochdale side.

Mawby had this to say about the match "I knew my first game in charge wouldn't be easy but I was hoping to come out with a point. I thought we played well, created chances and had plenty of shots on target so that was all positives that we will take into the next game" "Unfortunately the difference between the two sides was we didn't take our chances and Rochdale did and thats something that I will be working on between now and the next match"

Seems like there is a long way to go until Swansea can be where Mawby wants them to be. Hugh Jass for Swansea AFC official website.

Match stats and player ratings:

swanroch1fq5.png

swanroch2iq7.png

SHEFFIELD UTD 2 : 0 SWINDON TOWN

Herby managed to take all 3 points from Alex in this clash of the forumers and continue The Blades climb up the table.

"It's very bunched at the top of Div 2, with 8 clubs just 4 points apart so it was good to stay in touch. I have to admit, I'm happy with the result as I had to rest a couple of key players, in order to hopefully be competitive against Newcastle in the cup tonight. Our squad, although talented is only small and playing 3 games a week takes it's toll."

Mohmmed ZIDAN was MoM with his brace of goals which decided the tie.

"I thought he was superb tonight, his second was an absolute screamer and well deserved. Once we went 2:0 up the contest was all but over and I was able to make some changes and rest a few more players. The sending off of Swindon's Stephen KELLY on 73 mins meant that my lads could control the game and stroll home." :D

The Reebok Report

After Bolton's heroics against Liverpool and Leicester recently, it was time to face Teb's Fulham.

Thanks to an Andriy Voronin goal, Dave Leigh was the victor in this latest Division 1 forum clash.

A hard fought game, earning 3 points!

Fulham certainley we no pushovers!

274576_MEDIUMSQUARE.jpg

CUP REPORT

SHEFFIELD UTD v NEWCASTLE UTD

1 : 0

Ji-sung PARK (86)

Herby's team has advanced to the quarter final of the English Cup after a close and hard fought encounter against Div 1 outfit Newcastle Utd.

Sheffield dominated possession and shots on target and were rewarded 4 mins from time with another great goal from their Korean wingern and MoM JS PARK.

His late strike sent the home fans into raptures in the stands. :eek:

"What a great result for us, we have now beaten 2 top teams in the form of Leeds and Newcastle in the last fortnight. Our cup and shield form has been exceptional and I'm pleased to be in the final 8 in the cup and last 16 in the shield. We'll try and continue to be competitive in all competitions but we'll have to stay clear of injuries and suspensions to do well".