• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 1 Division Two - Season Preview We're in for a real treat this year in what must be one of the most competitive divisions on SM. Here we will look at each team and predict

Re: English Championship 1 Welcome all you soccer fans and managers in EC1 to Herby’s end of season round up of what has been yet another fascinating season in the original and first ever setup on SM

Re: English Championship 1 Hope i'm not stepping on any toes but I used to like reading the division 1 review and since it seems to have stopped I thought i'd do it this season (especially as it look

Posted Images

Re: English Championship 1

Memic has been signings some loca talent and looking towards Aston Villa's future with some deep scouting and snatchings of players from big club academies

BOSTOCK, John

LANSBURY, Henri

MILLS, Leigh

HOYTE, Gavin

CAMPBELL, Fraizer

and even some forein talent has been added towards the club

ALEKSIC, Danijel (new serbian wonderkid)

BARAZITE, Nacer

ADRIEN SILVA, Sebastian(next portugese big thing)

PAPAZ, Novo

Hi folks,

joined EC1 a good few weeks ago now as manager of Chesterfield who were, at that time, rock-bottom of Division 4 (but hey - we've all got to start somewhere!).

Chuffed to bits to be part of such a famous set-up, and especially one that everyone obviously cares so much for.

Anyway, finally got round to joining the forum so thought i'd say hi and ta to Arsenal, Man Utd and Fulham for the loan of the players.

Hopes are high at Chesterfield that with the nucleus of exciting young players (inc. Bojan Krkic AND Toni Kroos!) that the future is bright and next season can see us make a real push for promotion to Division 3.

P.S - i can't decide which deal was more of a steal; Bojan for 550k, Matthew Spring & Colin Larkin - OR - Kroos for 250k, Clayton Ince & Alan O'Hare????

;)

Thanks George!! :D

Good to know mate' date=' need some more cash. hehe

Harry,

You little b*******! :P You stole Rakitic away from under my nose .... he was going to be my investment from my cup winnings! :mad::rolleyes:

Plenty more fish in the sea! :D

Herby[/quote']

hehe lol, i didnt have enough cash for a 90 plus player so i remeber Rakitic who will be getting at least up to 87-88 in the ratings and i needed some depth lol

haha sorry mate also might be snatching another player from right under you lol

Shrimpers fishing out missing links

Following the departures of Andrew Taylor and Elais Kiriakadis it has been rumoured that Southend are closing in on two new players.

"I was disappointed to have sold the two young lads, but this team needs to kick on. You'll probably see another couple of players leaving in the near future. As for targets, I was lining up Jan Simunek as a replacement, but Aston Villa have got there a day earlier! We're now focusing are efforts on a couple of bigger names to help with our end of season push. A few new young players could also make their way here too."

"I was also delighted with the point at Birmingham City. They are a strong team and to get a point away from home keeps us within striking distance of them. My teams have a habit of saving their best till last, but we'll have to see whether their best is good enough"

The Blades cut down to size in the transfer market

Herby threatens to resign as manager of Sheffield Utd!!! :eek:

It has been reported this morning that a massive rift has develped between Mr Mohr and his chairman after yet another 2 players were swooped from under the Blades manager's nose due to his chairman not willing to let a couple of current squad players leave the club.

"I'm extremely offended and can not believe that the chairman and board aren't prepared to show more faith in their manager. It's obvious that they think they can do a better job, perhaps I should give them the opportunity. :eek:

Yesterday I missed out on securing the services of Emmanuel Adebayor (CF/89) and Jan Simunek (RB/81), both of whom I have been scouting for some time now. :mad:

Congrats to Preston North End and Aston Villa who have done very well to sign these players, obviously with the backing of their chairman!

I'm still, looking at signing another player or 2 before the end of the season but there's no real hurry now. I know other managers like Perry and Dave are also looking and I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up bidding for the same players, just hope a bidding war doesn't ensue." :eek:

WOO!

Finally in the setup again as Carlisle' date='got a decent team too :rolleyes:[/quote']

WB Danny!

Good luck with Bobo's old team .... hope you last longer than the little Maltese Falcon and have a little more success!

It's showing Scott ******* as the current manager in charge so are you sure you managed to get in before him?

How are the club's finances looking? The rest of the squad looks pretty decent.

Best of luck mate.

Herby

WB Danny!

Good luck with Bobo's old team .... hope you last longer than the little Maltese Falcon and have a little more success!

It's showing Scott ******* as the current manager in charge so are you sure you managed to get in before him?

How are the club's finances looking? The rest of the squad looks pretty decent.

Best of luck mate.

Herby

Cheers Herb,yeah I saw a few Malteser's in the squad thought bobo may have been here :D

Yeah Scott Cummings was the manager before me takes a while to register my name through :)

And I have more than 5 mill but less than 10 xD

Cheers Herb' date='yeah I saw a few Malteser's in the squad thought bobo may have been here :D

Yeah Scott Cummings was the manager before me takes a while to register my name through :)

And I have more than 5 mill but less than 10 xD[/quote']

Great stuff mate, at least you're not in debt like many other clubs in the lower divs. :P

Hope you enjoy the best setup on SM as much as the rest of us. :D

Herby

Southend go Russian

Just as Southend was about to announce the signings of two well known British players, United pulled the plug at the last minute and signed a total of six new players instead.

Three of the signings, Gaal, Nakhushev and Dzyuba, come fresh from the Russian league on the back of a recommendation from fellow manager Teb. The further three signings made include youngsters Clayton Donaldson, Nathan Ashton and Eliot Omozusi.

"I'm thrilled with the signing. We were just about to sign 2 players on big wages, but then these players have come to my attention. These players will add to my squad and keep the wages down in process. The great thing is that we've still got a little bit of money left and I'm not ruling out a further visit to Russia."

"We sold two players that were not really featuring in the team so to be out of debt and land players of this potential is amazing news for a club like like us."

Aston Villa smash Totenham for 6

Memic's relegation battlers are now a step closer to being out of the relegation zone after absolutely hammering Totenham at home. The spurs werelucky to only concede 6 goals.

However it seems Vill and Fullham are battling over a Russian foward. ooooo

But yup now 2 points off 17th spot and my goal difference now wont be the problem with a couple of big wins :)

YUp Villa have signed Simunek as they want some youthful defenders in the backline and ones who will be able to compete for a starting spot

Blades give Wolves a touch up

Sheffield United v Wolverhampton Wanderers

3:0

Herby is back to winning ways but his team's latest triumph has come at a great expense, with midfield dynamo Parvel Pardo now injured and set to miss the rest of the season with a serious knee injury.

"Yeah, PARDO looks gone for the rest of the campaign. He has some knee cartilage damage and the prognosis is that he'll be out for around 7 weeks.

It's a major blow in the lead up to Monday night's English Cup final. I was hoping to field my strongest team but this thrown a boomerang into the works :P On a bright note, the 3 points moves us up into 7th and only 8 points off promotion and with Div 2 tighter than Dave Leigh's lycra jumpsuit, I still think promotion is wide open with several teams still in with a chance". :eek::rolleyes:

Herby goes shopping!!! :eek::rolleyes::D

It has been confirmed, Herby has recruited another 2 Bundesliga stars to join his earlier signing.

Hamit Altintop (24/89/CM/RM) has joined from Schalke.

The young turk who has been making headlines with his star performances for Bayern this season has welcomed the challenge of working with Aussie Herb, and looks set to play a major role for the team for the outset with Parvel Pardo now out injured for the rest of the season.

Mladen Petric (26/89/F/AM) was recruited from the Swiss league where the young Croat plyed his trade at FC Basel. He has been scoring goals aplenty in the BL for Dortmund this term and Herby expects the player to rise to 90 or beyond in the very near future. Petric has been drafted in to replace the now departed Mohammed Zidan and will more than likely put pressure on the likes of Vagner Love, Gekas and Gomez for a starting place come Cup Final Monday.

Miguel Hugo Almeida (23/87/CF) was the 3rd of the newly recruited triumpherate that Herby signed, this time paying FC Porto a visit with his cheque book. Hugo Almeida is undoubtedly one of the rising stars of portugese football and a player than has finally managed the break-through at Werder Bremen, with the likes of Klose, Klasnic and Hunt all injured or departed he has risen to the challenge and succeeded.

Herby also expects this player to rise to 89, if not 90 depending on how his form holds up in the run into the winter break.

An absolute BARGAIN for only £5.5M and possibly THE best signing/investment Herby has made since joining the Blades! :eek::rolleyes:B)

Southendski!

Perry81 has continued his spending spree since the departures of Andrew Taylor and Elais Kiriakidis. Two more exciting prospects have been signed to add to the six already signed. Two further transfers are also close to completion bringing the total to TEN.

The two new boys, Kiri Kombarov and Tomislav Dujmovic, hail from the Russian league. Like three of the previous signings, were actually scouted by Fulham manager Teb and are highly thought of in Europe. To make the transfers happen Southend did however lose Sankofa, Mvuemba and Ifill in the opposite direction.

"Again I'm delighted. Big things are expected of these two. Once all the new players settle in we could finally have a decent squad of players. Unfortunately for the players that have left I felt that they had reached their peak. Money wise we still have a little bit of money left and I can confirm that we are close to signing two youngsters for the future. One of them could be a real star in the game."

"I was dissappointed with the draw on Wednesday as we need to be winning our home games. However that makes us 10 games unbeaten in the league so I can't really argue about that."

TOM: " Were lucky to still be in top 3, and we know it,"

After a serious dissapointing 1-0 defeat to Northampton Town, Tom Greenfield questions the match engine even further after the "uncalled," for defeat.

" Its unreal, ok I guess there are shock results in real life, but this happens far too often, needs to be sorted,"

Ipswich's promotion hopes are getting brighter every game now, as the club have gone unbeaten in the past 12 games.

In this period, the Tractor boys have won 9 and drawn 3, including a 7 - 0 victory over Derby County.

Last game saw Ipswich win 3 - 2 away to Barnsley, only 3 despite a right back in goal for them :rolleyes::eek:

Next up is Yuri's Port Vale, so it will be a tough task to make it 13 in a row unbeaten.

Current table:

1 Sunderland 28 17 7 4 48 22 26 58

2 West Bromwich Albion 28 17 4 7 65 38 27 55

3 IPSWICH TOWN 28 16 5 7 78 49 29 53

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 Stoke City 28 16 4 8 65 34 31 52

5 Grimsby Town 28 15 4 9 56 44 12 49

6 Reading 28 14 4 10 42 31 11 46

7 Everton 28 14 3 11 47 36 11 45

8 Rochdale 28 11 9 8 55 43 12 42

9 Barnsley 28 11 9 8 46 42 4 42

10 Leyton Orient 28 9 12 7 41 40 1 39

11 Watford 28 8 13 7 37 33 4 37

12 Darlington 28 9 8 11 44 41 3 35

13 Swansea City 28 10 4 14 43 43 0 34

14 Yeovil Town 28 10 4 14 40 58 -18 34

15 Doncaster Rovers 28 10 4 14 29 51 -22 34

16 Port Vale 28 8 7 13 48 56 -8 31

17 Rotherham United 28 7 8 13 37 54 -17 29

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

18 Huddersfield Town 28 7 3 18 43 75 -32 24

19 Tranmere Rovers 28 5 7 16 32 50 -18 22

20 Derby County 28 4 5 19 36 92 -56 17

Hopefully, we can keep up the unbeaten record and even win the league :P

Just noticed as well, WE ARE THE SETUP'S HIGHEST SCORERS! :D

TOM: " Were lucky to still be in top 3' date=' and we know it,"[/u']

After a serious dissapointing 1-0 defeat to Northampton Town, Tom Greenfield questions the match engine even further after the "uncalled," for defeat.

" Its unreal, ok I guess there are shock results in real life, but this happens far too often, needs to be sorted,"

What is wrong with the match engine lol

some teams just have a string of consecutive losses.

E.g Milan having poor run, in real life and its been happening very often at home.

Just find a good tactic which works. With one team ive got 17 straight wins in the league.