Dave Leigh

English Championship 1

Guest MR_ENG_CHAMP_1
Saints Slaughter The Canaries!

An emphatic 4-0 win over top division side Norwich City see's Peter Crouch grab a hat-trick.

Division 2 leaders Southampton are looking good to win a trophy this year and gain promotion as Division 2 champions!

Southampton_Crouch_L4.jpg

trying to lol but thanxs for the encouragment face dai smout in the league next

Hey Dave/Guys,

I'm away as of tonight until Sunday so won't be able to do my usual 'champagne football' reviews for EC1. I'm happy to do predictions for tomorrow night but someone else will have to step up and look after the reviews and Sat predictions as I'm away without internet access.

Catch you soon, I'm off on a Foster's sponsored fishing trip. :eek::D

Cheers,

Herby

Did everybody's transfers go thru last night in this setup??Herby

Hey Herb!

I am still waiting for two transfer deals to be completed, I have noticed in mid-week the transfers have usually gone through shortly after Wednesdays games.

Don't panic mate ;)

Guest MR_ENG_CHAMP_1
hey guys' date=' i am Boston United and i am in big debt -4.1 mil looking o sell even though i onle have a squad of 22. Help :eek:[/quote']

loaining out prutton or oakley you can have either on loan dont wanna buy any player s sell the one s that have clubs intrested for a highish price gd luk B)

Hey Herb!

I am still waiting for two transfer deals to be completed' date=' I have noticed in mid-week the transfers have usually gone through shortly after Wednesdays games.

Don't panic mate [/quote']

Yep, they went thru last night! :)

Watch this space :P

I have to leave earlier than expected now unfortunately so won't be able to do either preview or review this turn but will be able to review Sat action (albeit a few hours later than normal). ;)

Good luck everyone ... Swindon takes on the might of Rushden Diamonds tonight. :eek:

Herby

News just in!

BOLTON SIGN ITALIAN INTERNATIONAL

350467_MEDIUMSQUARE.jpg

Bolton have completed the transfer of versatile defender Cristian Zaccardo from Palermo.

The Italian joind the wanderers for 5 million plus Pascal Chimbonda and Manuel Pasqual who returns home to italy.

Zaccardo had been identified as Bolton's main transfer target at the end of the season and thought they had lost him to West Ham who put a bid in of 12 million which was accepted by Palermo.

Soccer Manager ruling then voided the transfer as it would mean Palermo's squad would fall beneath the required 18.

West Ham then put a bit in for 12 Million plus french right back, Matthieu Louis-Jean.

A bidding war then ensued with Boltons combined cash plus players offer which totalled and excess of 15 Million.

Boltons bid was favoured.

The only downside was the loss of Pasqual although had Bolton signed Zaccardo in the close season Chimbonda would have been surplus to requirements anyway.

Bolton are a small club and have to limit themselves to a small squad if they wish to have quality througout because of the wage bill.

Tonights fixtures Preview

Bolton play hosts tonight to Preston North End in what is billed to be a passionate Lancashire Derby.

Bolton's star striker Hernan Crespo is suspended, so the goal-getting responsibility for The Trotters will fall on Voronin, Zurawski and Diouff.

New signing Christian Zaccado is set to feature.

Preston will still be without key player Edgar Davids who is still injured, yet Preston are also set to give a debut to a new signing, Milan Baros.

Southampton entertain promotion chasing Birmingham City which is billed to be a diffucult game.

Cup hatrick hero Peter Crouch, who can do no wrong at the moment will be leading The Saints charge towards three points.

Brum keeper Igor Akinfeev looks set for a busy night although Birmingham have a proven hitman themselves in Louis Saha.

Third placed Fulham should have no trouble beating a relatively weak Carlisle United side who seem to be punching beyond their weight sitting in mid table.

If young Collins John can get the better of Portugese veteran Vitor Baia, then they are definate mid-season promotion favourites.

Molineux sees relegation favourites Bradford City visit.

Wolves team of grey haired wonders should have no trouble seeing of the yorkshire side as Christian Vieri and Romario look set to add to their seasons goal tally.

Bradfords only hope lies in the dread-locked frenchman, Florent Sinama-Pongolle.

Southend have a tricky away tie at Hartlepool. Though another good display by Cejas should at least grab them a point.

German powerhouse Alexander Meier, will be looking to continue to make a name for himself when he returns from injury. His return of 3 goals in 4 games and 1 MoM award was a very decent start, he will be sorely missed tonight.

Bristol Rovers are at home to Darlington and this south-west vs north-east clash looks very interesting.

Kevin Boateng who seems to be the backbone of rovers side will be looking to inspire his team mates and lift them away from the bottom half of the division against a team that, like rovers, are stuck in the bottom half.

In contrast, division leaders Swindon Town invite high-flying Rushden and Diamonds to try and test their mettle at The County Ground.

Argentinian, Jose Calderon (who is already being hailed as the new Swindon Town legend) will be chomping at the bit to add to his 7 goals so far this season.

Another Mom display from Calderon is on the cards.

Will winged wonderkid, Santi Cazorla's pace and vision be enough to steal an away point or 3 for the diamonds.

The Robins are a themselves spreading their wings and puffing their red chests out, one things for sure these robins beaks are very sharp!

robin.jpg

I like it! Always enjoy reading your review!

I'm not liking my teams form at the moment though! We can't score a goal for love nor money!

I was supposed to be giving Herby a close game this season, but it seems I'll be lucky with 3rd place!

Guest MR_ENG_CHAMP_1

superb preveiw much like me team :D;) has any 1 got any strikers i could loan for 1 game cse otherwise graham kavnagh is playing up front :confused:

Division leaders pick up points

Review ; Part 1

71189sorin.jpg

Bolton were held at home 2-2 to a resilient Preston. Wanderers missed Crespo for sure, Diouf got himself a goal and the ever reliable Sorin scored again taking his seasons tally to 10, making him Division 1 highest scoring midfielder.

Birmingham City also held Southampton 2-2 at St Mary's which saw another emphatic MoM display from Peter Crouch who scored 2 taking his goal tally to 10 in 12 games since his arrival from Charlton.

Southampton faced 10 men for 82 minutes after the dismissal of Fabregas, but could'nt kill of the game.

Southampton_PeterCrouch_L.jpg

Fulham suffered a suprise 1-0 defeat at home to Carlisle with a goal from Ailton the only difference in this 50-50 game.

Mr Tebbut will be crying in his beer regarding that result!

A hard fought 5-3 win saw Wolves take all 3 points against a battling Bradford City.

Vieri got on the score sheet and was the MoM.

No one in Division 3 seems to be able to stand up to the gold and black veterans!

Wolves legend, Johnny De Wolf who was watching the game was all smiles as he said, "No one can stop Wolves from winning division 3 !"

wolves_clubbadge.jpg70.jpg

Division leaders pick up points

Review ; Part 2

Promotion hopefuls, Southend's campaign went sideways as they were sunk at Hartlepool 2-1 but Hiziel Soares gave his all for the cause with a MoM display and a goal!

souza.jpg

Bristol Rovers played an uneventful 0-0 draw at home to Darlington, MoM was Belgian under 21 international Sebastien Pocognoli.

GENK_SEBASTIEN_POCOGNOLI.jpg

The might Swindon Town march on! on! on!

A 5-1 demolition of Rusheden and Diamonds saw goals from Gert Verheyen, Calderon, Babayaro, Vaz Te and Naybet.

The mighty Robind move 8 points clear at the top, last week manager Herbert Mohr hinted that more now faces would be arriving at The County Ground to strengthen an already dynamic team!

The fans are even starting to copy their 'Super Heroes' as seen here as some were pictured arriving at the ground.

superhero.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the reports guys! :D

Blackpool 6 Manchester City O

Is this a record in terms of collective player performance in a game?

Every Blackpool player rated 10 aside from Clerc who rated 9 and the keeper 7

The Seasiders are now breathing right down Southampton's neck!

blackpool.jpg52407-3.jpg

Latest just in!

MADRID KID MATA MOVES

Bolton are pleased to announce the arrival of Real madrid Academy and Spain under 19 international.

Dave Leigh has been tracking him for sometime and decided to make amove after reading the following reports;

Bryan Hamilton's star of the Euro Championships Under 19 tournament

Juan Mata - Forward - Spain

He looks like an exact replica of Raul, who must be his idol. He has a beautiful left foot, he is a lovely mover and is such an intelligent player. A real touch of class who scores goals for fun.

Mata relishes 'perfect match'

Andrew Haslam

Spain striker Juan Mata was in jubilant mood after opening the UEFA European Under-19 Championship in spectacular fashion with a hat-trick in Tuesday's 5-3 win against Turkey.

Exceptional finishing

The Real Madrid CF forward volleyed in his first goal, and Spain's second, in the 32nd minute in Grodzisk Wielkopolska before scoring the pick of the Group B match's eight goals five minutes later. Collecting possession just outside the area, Mata skilfully evaded his marker and, with barely a glance, produced a delicious chip that left Turkey goalkeeper Volkan Babacan powerless. Although Spain's subsequent 4-1 lead was reduced to 4-3 by a spirited Turkish fightback, Mata rounded off a memorable Spanish success, and an exceptional personal display, by exploiting the extra space left by Turkey's adventure to complete his treble with seconds remaining.

'Perfect match'

"It's a great match for me, a perfect match," he told uefa.com. "It's the first time I've scored a hat-trick for the U19 national team but the most important thing is the result and the three points, not the goals. When we went 4-1 up, we lost a little concentration but with experience in defence we held on to the lead and won the match. We next play Scotland and British teams are always very strong and physical, but if we get the ball wide I'm confident we can win that game too."

Practice pays off

Mata also struck twice against Cyprus in the Elite round, and was understandably satisfied to have continued that form against Turkey in only his fifth appearance at this level. "Personally it's a great match for me and of course I'm very happy. My second goal is something I practise a lot. I'm left-footed and if I see the goalkeeper off his line, I'll try to chip him."

Raúl role model

That goal brought comparisons with Mata's Madrid club-mate Raúl González, an exponent of the lob with his favoured left foot, but the 18-year-old was quick to shrug off the suggestion. "It's not even a comparison to be honest, there's so much difference between us," he said. "Having said that, naturally I'll be very happy if in the future I get anywhere near the same level he has been at for so long." It may be early days, but the signs are the two players have more in common than their club.