Re: English Championship 1

What is wrong with the match engine lol

some teams just have a string of consecutive losses.

E.g Milan having poor run' date=' in real life and its been happening very often at home.

Just find a good tactic which works. With one team ive got 17 straight wins in the league.[/quote']

but i literally dominated the stats :mad:

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 1 Division Two - Season Preview We're in for a real treat this year in what must be one of the most competitive divisions on SM. Here we will look at each team and predict

Re: English Championship 1 Welcome all you soccer fans and managers in EC1 to Herby’s end of season round up of what has been yet another fascinating season in the original and first ever setup on SM

Re: English Championship 1 Hope i'm not stepping on any toes but I used to like reading the division 1 review and since it seems to have stopped I thought i'd do it this season (especially as it look

Posted Images

Bolton News

Bolton were very disappointed with only managing a 1-1 home draw with lowly Charlton Athletic.

Next up is a 6 pinter away at Leeds United which should be a very diffucult game.

The good news is that Juan Pablo Sorin is almost over his injury and could feature in Wednesday nights game.

Andres Imperiale has returned from his loan spell at Shorpe.

Next up is Yuri's Port Vale' date=' so it will be a tough task to make it 13 in a row unbeaten. [/color']

Couldn't be a better result. i mean, it could, but was fair to both fo us.

We have the 2 best campaingns for the last 14 games at our division. You, unbeaten and Port Vale with only 2 deafeats in 14 games.

Great game, George.

Couldn't be a better result. i mean' date=' it could, but was fair to both fo us.

We have the 2 best campaingns for the last 14 games at our division. You, unbeaten and Port Vale with only 2 deafeats in 14 games.

Great game, George.[/quote']

Suprised it was only 1 - 1, 53 shots between us :eek:

Happy with a point, unbeaten still and just about in that 3rd placed spot :rolleyes:

47.gif

Walsall 1 Manchester City 2

After going 1 down City come back to pick up all 3 point at 2nd bottom Walsall

20:GOAL!! - Seizing on an error in the defence Chris WESTWOOD rounds the keeper to finish with ease!

_41237743_chriswestwood_pa203.jpg

54: GOAL!! - Salvatore SULLO finishes at the second attempt with a toe-poke!

2496.jpg

73:GOAL!! - Receiving the ball on the left Gabriel PALETTA skips inside his marker and curls in a shot from 25 yards!

paletta_debut_goal.jpg

City are now 8th in the league and manager Colin said he is very happy how he's 1st season is going

who like s this idea

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?p=194424#post194424

everyone ???

sorted then Teb

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

I have spent 6 seasons building up my Bolton side and I want to keep it as it is thanks Ryan :)

Shrimps battered by Canaries

Southend's 10 game unbeaten run came to a crashing halt at Carrow Road leaving Perry81 to pick up the pieces. A strong Norwich City side swept aside the seaside club with an empathetic 3-1 score line.

More bad news was to follow after the game with the injuries of two key players confirmed. First choice centre backs Steven Pressley and Russell Anderson have both been ruled out for at least two games.

"I knew the game against Norwich would be tough, but still had hoped to gain a point from the game. The two injuries are a huge blow as we don't have the depth to replace them. Hopefully the players that come in will surprise me and make a name for themselves"

"We are still in with a shout of promotion, but we need to get a run of wins going now. Scholesy is due a match winning performance as are a few of the others. Lets hope it comes against Swindon on Saturday".

EC 1 ENGLISH CUP FINAL !!!

FULHAM vs SHEFFIELD UTD

TEBTHEREB v HERBYTHELOVEBUG

0 : 4

Mladen PETRIC (2)

Bernd SCHNEIDER (12)

Silva VÁGNER LOVE (19)

Silva VÁGNER LOVE (69)

Well, this much anticipated encounter turned out to be a bit of a fizzer as the match was decided in the opening 20 minutes. Herby's lads got off to a flyer as new signing PETRIC found the back of the net with Sheffield's first attacking raid on the Cottager's goal due to some poor communication at the back. Teb hardly had time to send instructions out onto the field before his Fulham side was down 2:0 just 10 minutes later, thanks to a wonderful goal by german international and MoM Bernd SCHNEIDER.

It was all one way traffic now and with Sheffield appplying the pressure and tightening the screws once again, they produced a 3rd just before the 20 minute mark when Brazilian sensation VAGNER LOVE bundled the ball over the line amidst a goalbox scramble.

With the scoreline 3:0 in favour of the Blades at the break, there weren't many Fulham fans who failed to hear Teb's halftime speech :mad: at the virtually sold out Wembley stadium. :D

Herby on the other hand knew that all his team had to do was keep their composure and keep it tight at the back. His game plan had been to keep a clean sheet all along and this continued to be him emphasis.

In the second half, Fulham tried hard to break down Herby's men but all to no avail and the contest was finally all over when VAGNER LOVE completed his brace and Sheffield United's 4th with a text book header in the 69th minute. :)

"Naturally Im delighted to have won my first trophy since joining Sheffield United as manager. I took a gamble and rested my entire first team last Saturday by fielding a reserve/youth team against Rushden & Diamonds, which ultimately cost us the points on that occasion so I'm very happy that we at least managed what we set out to do tonight.

We'll now look to finishing the season strongly, I think there no chance of promotion but 6th place is a very real possibility. I think we could well help decide won wins the Division as we are yet to play Millwall, Birmingham and Southend Utd in the remaining few weeks. It will be good to see how we measure up to some of these teams that undoubtedly boast quality squads, with Birmingam on top of that list. Wednesday night should prove to be a great battle between 2 top sides with experienced managers! I'm looking forwad to the tussle with Tom, that's for sure" ;)B)

FULHAM 0 SHEFFIELD UTD 4

Well done Herb!

(Pssst! U gonna put a report in the EC1 newspaper?)

:D

Thanks Dave! :D :D

Yeah, will submit something similar, possiblly funnier and/or wittier than what I managed below. It's 6am here and I'm trying to watch Readings v Arsenal at the same time. lol

Does anyone know when I'll get the PRIZEMONEY?? :eek::D

Will I receive it now or at the end of the season? I hope I get it sooner rather than later :P

Cheers,

Herby

p.s. Thanks for letting me with Teb! :eek::rolleyes::D

Herby's been shopping again!!!

This time in Spain before jetsetting up to Amsterdam for a seedy night in the town's infamous red light district with the players. :D

Herby wasted no time, basking in the success of winning his first piece of silverware since joining Sheffield United, by taking the team to Spain where the entire squad enjoyed a team surf on the beach.

"Whilst the lads had fun in the sun, celebrating their great win in the Cup Final, I took the opportunity to do some scouting.

I have for a long time admired Álvaro ARBELOA from Deportivo La Coruña. With the cash injection from our Cup triumph, I was able to tempt the other club's chairman into agreeing a deal for the 24 year old all round DEFENDER (D).

He is under-rated at 88 I feel, I'm sure we'll see him hit the 90 mark before the season is out but even if he doesn't, the squad was lacking another quality defender and his versatility will be priceless for us.

The other new signing is a youngster that I have been after for quite some time. Jan-Arie VAN DER HEIJDEN has come through the youth ranks at Ajax Amsterdam and shown a lot of promise. I was most surprised to snare the lad for as little as I did and am looking forward to working with him. Hopefully he'll make it into the senior squad one day as I believe competition within the club's ranks needs to improve further but we're getting there!" ;)

Ze Roberto Available!

Bolton and Ze Roberto have agreed to make the brazilian legend available at the players request.

Bolton would like to inform all EC1 forum managers of this before placing him on the transfer market, so they can have first refusal.

Bolton manager Dave Leigh would have let him go on the cheap for 4m but the chairman would not allow Ze Roberto to go for his estamated 5.2m.

Dave Leigh said;

"We will let Ze Roberto go for a fair price and not try to get more than he his worth.

The first offer of 5.2m will be accepted!"

A bit BL00DY late LEIGH!

Herby is disappointed to not be able to make a move for Bolton's influencial midfielder.

"I think he's a bargain at that price, I know I wouldn't be letting him go that cheap. In fact I'd be surprised if he didn't go up to 93 next time the ratings (german) are done. If Dave had called me and asked my opinion I would've advised him NOT to sell. Mind you, I wouldn't have sold Roberto Carlos either. Then again, who am I to question the managerial skill and tactics of the man who's team currently sits atop Div1!!!" :eek::rolleyes::P

Leigh answers Mohr

A fair point regarding Ze Roberto...I may just let forum managers bid :)

Herb IS the authority on The Bundesliga as far as I am concearned!

In regard to Roberto Carlos...

I signed him at the same time I signed Hernan Crespo.

Crespo was a 91 rating from Chelsea and I tied him to a long 5 year contract so although he has risen to a 94 (because he moved to Inter Milan and Crespo is moresuited to the Serie A rather than The Premiership) his wages have not gone up.

I paid 10m for Roberto Carlos then rated a 96 and wages of nearly 8k per week.

When he dropped to a 92 a renewed his contract so his wages were in parity with his rating...yet they satyed at nearly 80k!

He was'nt worth the wages his rating was and we are a small club and he was financially crippling us.

He was used in a deal to bring Quagliarella to Bolton and strangely his wages became in parity with his wages when he joined Sampdoria, he has since been signed by Millwall.

Thanks you Dave, much appreciated compliment! :o

Btw - George was right, I received my cash for the Cup win (£5M) less than 8 hours after claiming the title. Unfortunately I spent the cash within an hour :eek: wasting no time in signing Arbeloa for a new club record of £8.4M :eek:

Had I been a fortune teller or psychic, I might've known that Dave would be placing Ze Roberto on the transfer list and would've been severely tempted not to make a move for the talented Brazilian but alas I now only have £2M in the bank.

IN OTHER SHEFFIELD UNITED NEWS:

Herby was very pleased to beat BIG TOM, who's Birmingham team put up a valient fight but in the end lost 3:2 to the Mohr Meister! :D

Sheffield Utd now up to 6th, where Herby expects them to finish but you never know. :rolleyes: The 8 point gap to 3rd is a big ask but then so was winning the cup!!! Herby has set his lads a new target, with 8 games left and a possible 24 points, the Blades' manager is looking for 20+ points to give the club an outside chance. But Herby knows all to well that even if his team was to go on a massive run and come home strong, the 5 teams above Sheffield remain firm favourites for promotion to Div 1 next season.

Against Brum MoM Vagner Love proved once again what a great signing he has been for the club by scoring a brace and all but securing a win for the home team, but it was left to JS Park to claim maximum points with a strike 9 minutes from time.

Herby is also pleased to announce the arrival of another couple of youngster!!!

Victor MOSES, the 16 year old English striking-sensation and one of the stars of the U17 WC this year was signed as a FREE AGENT! :eek:

Much is expected from the youth player in the year to come but for now he join the junior academy at Brammel Lane. B)

The other new recruit is Robbie KRUSE, the 19 year old U21 Socceroo has taken the Australian A-League by storm this season since breakin into the Queensland Roar first team. The RM/AM can also play as a striker but can better use his speed and eye for goal by coming from deep or out wide.

He and fellow aussie speedster Michael Zullo, could well be the wide midfield threat the Blades are looking for in the years to come!!!

Thanks you Dave' date=' much appreciated compliment! :o

Btw - George was right, I received my cash for the Cup win (£5M) less than 8 hours after claiming the title. Unfortunately I spent the cash within an hour :eek: wasting no time in signing Arbeloa for a new club record of £8.4M :eek:

Had I been a fortune teller or psychic, I might've known that Dave would be placing Ze Roberto on the transfer list and would've been severely tempted not to make a move for the talented Brazilian but alas I now only have £2M in the bank.

[b']

IN OTHER SHEFFIELD UNITED NEWS:[/b]

Herby was very pleased to beat BIG TOM, who's Birmingham team put up a valient fight but in the end lost 3:2 to the Mohr Meister! :D

Sheffield Utd now up to 6th, where Herby expects them to finish but you never know. :rolleyes: The 8 point gap to 3rd is a big ask but then so was winning the cup!!! Herby has set his lads a new target, with 8 games left and a possible 24 points, the Blades' manager is looking for 20+ points to give the club an outside chance. But Herby knows all to well that even if his team was to go on a massive run and come home strong, the 5 teams above Sheffield remain firm favourites for promotion to Div 1 next season.

Against Brum MoM Vagner Love proved once again what a great signing he has been for the club by scoring a brace and all but securing a win for the home team, but it was left to JS Park to claim maximum points with a strike 9 minutes from time.

Herby is also pleased to announce the arrival of another couple of youngster!!!

Victor MOSES, the 16 year old English striking-sensation and one of the stars of the U17 WC this year was signed as a FREE AGENT! :eek:

Much is expected from the youth player in the year to come but for now he join the junior academy at Brammel Lane. B)

The other new recruit is Robbie KRUSE, the 19 year old U21 Socceroo has taken the Australian A-League by storm this season since breakin into the Queensland Roar first team. The RM/AM can also play as a striker but can better use his speed and eye for goal by coming from deep or out wide.

He and fellow aussie speedster Michael Zullo, could well be the wide midfield threat the Blades are looking for in the years to come!!!

TOM " FEELS NO HEAT, AND NO PRESSURE,"

After a disappointingly 3-2 loss at the helm of Sheffield Utd, Tom insists they haven't lost any focus on the race for promotion. " We only look above us, and thats winning the championship title, not lower," That quote was tabloided by the boss after hitting back at Herby's claims of a possible break in the top 3. " Herby has a chance, he's not a weak manager, he's vocal, true to his word and can quite easily break into a promotion spot, but to knock us away, wont happen,"