Re: English Championship 1

Sad to see the Polish international Jakub Blaszczykowski departing, but was fed up of trying to spell his name, and the price was fair. Should get an increase sooner or later, regular for Euro Qualifying Group A table toppers Poland now.

Made some big signings last night...

Johan ELMANDER has completed his move to Fulham from Brøndby IF for £2,325,000 plus Leighton BAINES. Elmander, the Talisman of Toulouse, is arguably the best striker in France, and is on the slippery road of denying a big move that almost always leads to one!

Alessandro GAMBERINI has completed his move to Fulham from Fiorentina for £7,750,000. Not often I splash out on a cash bid but this seemed reasonable for a first teamer in a good Fiorentina side who has bagged a national cap recently.

Gaetano D'AGOSTINO has completed his move to Fulham from Messina for £0 plus Sofian CHAHED. The promising German right back hadn't done enough to impress me, despite a promising future ahead. D'Agostino on the other hand is very underrated at 86, being first choice at high flying Udinese.

A couple of other minor signings also join as investments, and are expected to progress through the fabled Fulham youth training centre before leaving at a tidy profit :D

Hopefully some more to come.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 1 Division Two - Season Preview We're in for a real treat this year in what must be one of the most competitive divisions on SM. Here we will look at each team and predict

Re: English Championship 1 Welcome all you soccer fans and managers in EC1 to Herby’s end of season round up of what has been yet another fascinating season in the original and first ever setup on SM

Re: English Championship 1 Hope i'm not stepping on any toes but I used to like reading the division 1 review and since it seems to have stopped I thought i'd do it this season (especially as it look

Posted Images

Bolton add more youth

Dave Leigh it seems has finished his shopping in italy after he bagged italian under-17 international defender, Massimiliano Tagliani from Fiorentina and italian under-20 international midfielder, Raffaele Bianco from Juventus.

After then popping over to Brazil he returned with Brazilian under-20 international midfielder, Luizinho from Fluminense.

Southend shut up shop

Southend Utd can confirm the capture of two more players in Dmitri Loskov (90) and Shabani Nonda (87). This takes their summer signing to a total of twelve with the vast majority pushing for a starting role.

"Loskov despite his age was a steal. The season is finished over in Russia so I can't see his performance dropping in the near future. A can't believe Nonda is rated so low at only 87 despite playing and scoring in Europe's top leagues. Over his career he has averaged nearly a goal every other so I can see him getting better."

"We are now skint. There won't be a penny to spend during the season, but I think the squad is good enough to compete now. We may have to sell one or two during the season and look at some loans, but we'll come to that bridge when we get there."

Division Two - Season Preview

We're in for a real treat this year in what must be one of the most competitive divisions on SM.

Here we will look at each team and predict what lays ahead for them.

Bristol City

Average Rating - 88

Squad Size - 14

Star Player(s) - Van Der Saar (94)

Strengths - Goalkeeper and goalscorer

Weaknesses - No right sided midfielder and squad depth

Prediction - 15th

Other - With only 14 players they will struggle as the season goes on. A cup run would cripple the players. However a strong first eleven

Carlisle United

Average Rating - 83

Squad Size - 22

Star Player(s) - Dunne (90)

Strengths - A decent spine to the team

Weaknesses - Age of better players will mean they won't like teams pressing them. Lack depth too.

Prediction - 17th

Other - With Danny Williams at the helm you know the team will be organised. However financial constraints for a club of this size must make survival the aim.

Charlton Athletic

Average Rating - 82

Squad Size - 24

Star Player(s) - Pizarro (92) and Gilberto (92)

Strengths - World class midfield. Goals shouldn't be a problem.

Weaknesses - Goalkeeper and slight gaps in defence.

Prediction - 2nd

Other - A great midfield make them a match for any team. Kiely in goal could be their down fall though if they want a top 3 finish.

Coventry City

Average Rating - 86

Squad Size - 18

Star Player(s) - Palop (91)

Strengths - Good young players.

Weaknesses - Lack depth and strength in midfield.

Prediction - 14th

Other - With such a small squad might struggle when the cup games come round. They do have a decent balance and should steer clear of the bottom three.

Crystal Palace

Average Rating - 86

Squad Size - 20

Star Player(s) - Canizeres (91) and Tuncay (91)

Strengths - Good upfront and have a good balance.

Weaknesses - Weaker CB's

Prediction - 8th

Other - Not a bad squad of players and if the star players stay fit they could be a surprise package.

Gillingham

Average Rating - 83

Squad Size - 18

Star Player(s) - Helguara (90)

Strengths - Stronger up front

Weaknesses - Weak midfield and gaps at the back.

Prediction - 20th

Other - Small club and no money. Will struggle this year with the strength and size of the squad.

Ipswich Town

Average Rating - 82

Squad Size - 23

Star Player(s) - Barbarez (90)

Strengths - Balanced with a goalscorer

Weaknesses - No full backs

Prediction - 16th

Other - Shouldn't go down, but may struggle at times.

Norwich City

Average Rating - 87

Squad Size - 24

Star Player(s) - De Sanctis (91), Hleb (91) and Zigic (91)

Strengths - Perfect balance, good depth and some real star players.

Weaknesses - Weaker at the back... but not by a lot!

Prediction - 4th

Other - A high finish should be on the cards here. Good loan signing could make promotion a real possibility.

Nottingham forest

Average Rating - 84

Squad Size - 18

Star Player(s) - (Pizarro 90)

Strengths - Goalscorer

Weaknesses - Lack of depth

Prediction - 9th

Other - Not strong enough to launch an attack at the top, but will certainly throw up a few surprises early on. Expect them to start quickly.

Portsmouth

Average Rating - 88

Squad Size - 16 (10 in youth)

Star Player(s) - Figo (93)

Strengths - Figo and midfield

Weaknesses - Rely on Di Vaio up front and lack depth through out

Prediction - 7th

Other - In Figo they have a star, but I don't think they are quite strong enough for promotion

Queens Park Rangers

Average Rating - 85

Squad Size - 33

Star Player(s) - Jansen (91)

Strengths - Midfield and plenty of depth

Weaknesses - Lack an attacking star man

Prediction - 10th

Other - Should surprise a few people. Won't set the league alight, but expect them to grind out results. Could finish strongly.

Rushden and Diamonds

Average Rating - 84

Squad Size - 19

Star Player(s) - Perez (89) and Castillo (89)

Strengths - Midfield can compete

Weaknesses - Up front

Prediction - 18th

Other - For such a small club they've done amazing. However it looks like they are going to struggle to score goals and just don't have the quality this year round. Staying up would be huge achievement.

Sheffield United

Average Rating - 89

Squad Size - 19

Star Player(s) - Vagna Love (92), Pardo (92), Hildebrand (92) and Materazzi (92)

Strengths - Star quality all over the pitch

Weaknesses - Lack of left sided players

Prediction - 1st

Other - A great season awaits Herby's United side. The wealth of star players should see them up and up as champions. Expect them to get better as the season goes on.

Sheffield Wednesday

Average Rating - 89

Squad Size - 17

Star Player(s) - Saviola (92)

Strengths - Number of world class players

Weaknesses - Depth

Prediction - 5th

Other - If they stay fit they could have a chance.

Southend United

Average Rating - 86

Squad Size - 23

Star Player(s) - Scholes (94)

Strengths - The manager!

Weaknesses - That would be saying!

Prediction - 3rd

Other - A complete over hall to the squad makes them a stronger unit that finished 4th last time round. Should challenge at the top end if injuries stay low.

Stoke City

Average Rating - 87

Squad Size - 24

Star Player(s) - Howard (90) and Zokora (90)

Strengths - The squad as a whole

Weaknesses - Lack enough star players to scare teams

Prediction - 6th

Other - One of the best squads in the division. If they start quickly they could feature high.

Sunderland

Average Rating - 86

Squad Size - 24

Star Player(s) - Cruz (91)

Strengths - Goalscorer and good squad depth

Weaknesses - CB's and lack of star midfielder

Prediction - 11th

Other - Good squad, but lack the star quality to get promoted at the moment

Swindon Town

Average Rating - 84

Squad Size - 21

Star Player(s) - Palacio (91)

Strengths - Up front

Weaknesses - Lack of wide players throughout

Prediction - 19th

Other - Could struggle if they don't start quickly. Not enough real quality in vital areas

Wigan Athletic

Average Rating - 85

Squad Size - 22

Star Player(s) - Sergio (90) and Muntis (90)

Strengths - Sergio and Muntis

Weaknesses - No wide right players

Prediction - 12th

Other - Much will focus around star players. Not enough quality else where to challenge.

Wolves

Average Rating - 84

Squad Size - 23

Star Player(s) - Moretti (91)

Strengths - Defensively sound

Weaknesses - Lack width and squad depth

Prediction - 13th

Other - Surprised many with a high finish last year. Could be a tougher season this time round. Goals could be hard to come by.

Bradford City

Hello I am the new manager of Bradford City.

Marco :D

Hey Col' date='

meet the man that [b']USED[/b] to manage Man City ... he'll explain the slide from Div 2 to Div 4 in 5 easy steps. :D

1. Take over team B)

2. Decimate squad :eek:

3. Start losing :(

4. Get into debt :mad:

5. Quit and leave :rolleyes:

Let's see what you can do with Bradford City Mario. :P

Do you know Ben Hewett by any chance??? :confused:

Herby

Guest MR_ENG_CHAMP_1

What A team

-------------------Kameni-----------------

CB-------------------CB----------------CB

Abidol Mexes Escude

---------------CM---------CM--------------

Muntari Neville

W----------------------------------------W

Maxi Mancini

F---------------F

Benzema Crouch

Hey Col' date='

meet the man that [b']USED[/b] to manage Man City ... he'll explain the slide from Div 2 to Div 4 in 5 easy steps. :D

1. Take over team B)

Herby

Cough...cough...MARCO....cough... :D

I will make you eat your words Mr Lovebug' date=' Bradford City will be in Division 1 within four Seasons [/color']B)

Have I got the wrong person? Are you not the same Marco Galaxia that used to manage Manchester City in EC1? I think so .... ;)

I hope you prove me wrong mate .... all the best with Bradford City. Gabriel did a great job with them last season and achieved promotion in his first full season. Let's see how you go!!! :rolleyes:

Best of luck anyway! :D

Mr Lovebug B)

What A team

-------------------Kameni-----------------

CB-------------------CB----------------CB

Abidol Mexes Escude

---------------CM---------CM--------------

Muntari Neville

W----------------------------------------W

Maxi Mancini

F---------------F

Benzema Crouch

Brave man for only playing with 10 men, Delf... :D

Hey Col' date='

1. Take over team B)

Herby

Marco

I would just like to thank you for the mess you made of them

cos i love a challenge:D but how can anyone make a team that bad?

Have an 86 rated striker in the very underrated Tulio for loan if anyone cares. Not sure for how long it will be' date=' but hey its a loan offer so who care, right?

Quite a few other players loan listed, but most of these are about the 82 mark - if this will help anyone though feel free to bid.[/quote']

Yep ill lodge in some bids :P thanks :)

_42141760_northampton_203x152.gif

Northampton tonight travel to Shrope United, knowing that only 3 points is aceptable from the fixture ( Couldnt find Shrope badge on Google ). Star striker Ivan Saneko is motivated fort he match and thinks they their effort will reuslt in 3 points, he told Northampton News exclusivly.

Toggs also had a discussion with the reporter and said for the sake of our budget, we need to do well in every compertition, despite the small squad.

Thye have Bye's into the 2nd round of both cup compertitions.

Around 800 fans are expected to make the trip across the motorway tonight to watch the game and are said to be very enthuiastic about the fixture and hope Toggs can get all 3 points in his first match.

The Starting Eleven is ( CAPS = Watch out for: Boruc, Drizdal, Helveg, Vasoski, Scurto, LEROY, Kristanisen, Dantsev, SANEKO, JOAO PINTO, LIEBEROPLOTOUS. )

Match Report coming as soon as fixture is played.

TOM EESHA HAS EARLY CHRISTMAS PRESENT!

Its confirmed Tom Eesha' date=' fellow forumer has be ppointed new Plymouth Argyle manager after they unbelivably became unmanaged late Saturday night, the night the new season kicks off![/quote']

Doh! I've been camped all day trying to get in this setup!

Apparently only half a mill in debt which is extremly acceptable when you see the team! A good 1-1 draw with cardiff tonight too but next he could have his work cut out against raz's leicester.

Regardless than that, My Birmingham got a lesson tonight losing 2-1 away to Chelsea. Tom took the positives form the match and insisted it was a great game and a happy return to the top flight. " I enjoyed it, performances like these will keep us up no doubt,"

Fabregas scored Birmingham's only goal tonight marking City's first goal this season!