• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 1 Division Two - Season Preview We're in for a real treat this year in what must be one of the most competitive divisions on SM. Here we will look at each team and predict

Re: English Championship 1 Welcome all you soccer fans and managers in EC1 to Herby’s end of season round up of what has been yet another fascinating season in the original and first ever setup on SM

Re: English Championship 1 Hope i'm not stepping on any toes but I used to like reading the division 1 review and since it seems to have stopped I thought i'd do it this season (especially as it look

Posted Images

REVIEW ; English Championship 1, 19th August

Bolton missed Crespo again up front but he has now finished his suspension.

Unfortunately, Roberto Carlos picked up a booking and a two game suspension, which means Bolton will have to juggle their line up for the next match.

Youngster Juan Mata did his best but could not change thus unremarkable game.

Fortunately Chelsea or Liverpool could not close the gap on Bolton as they drew 2-2

ben_haim_tal_bwfc_profile_2004_new.jpg

Southampton got a 1-1 draw at Crystal Palace.

Niko Kovac got a goal to go with his MoM display, in another unremarkable game.

crystal_2_250.jpg

Fulham visited Derby and by the scruff of the neck they tore 3 points from 'The Rams'.

Collins John scored two very sweet goals wilst Lee Camp was awesome in front of his goal!

Manager Steven Tebbut's tactics were bang on!

john_collins_0506_hk03.jpg

Division 3 leaders Wolves could only manage a draw at relagation haunted Rotherham United. Micheal Bridges really stood out in this game with a dynamic display.

es_everton2.jpg

Bristol Rovers suffered a 2-1 defeat at the hands of Luton Town at Kenilworth Road.

French under-21 international, Blaise Matuidi gave his all but his excellent show could'nt inspire his team mates to raise their game.

Southend suffered a home defeat conceding a solitary goal by Colchester's Kemi Izzet.

Rushden and Diamonds totally played Hartlepool of the park with a comfortable 3-0 win!

Star man John Parkin showed thevisitors what football is all about!

High flying Robins suffered a rare defeat, a close fought match that saw Oxford United take all 3 points and Sonny Anderson took the champagne.

Swindon's manager Herbert Mohr will be crying in his Fosters after this match!

Oi Leamington!

How come you never contribute to this thread that is dedicated to the first and best league on SM? ;)

I'm BACK! And Swindon lost whilst I was away ... the buggers obviously can't look after themselves even for a few days. :mad:

Yes, I agree .... what's the go Steve.

Time for some of these other punters to contribute a bit more .... step right up! :D

Herby

Oi Leamington!

How come you never contribute to this thread that is dedicated to the first and best league on SM? ;)

The deal guys is i concentrate on the EC3 thread(which is the best setup :D ). You guys do a fantastic job on here why would you want someone else butting in. However if it concerns you so, you are welcome to leave me out as i would rather devote my time to the EC3 guys.

Ah yes tonights English Cup games...I better post this now then :)

A big English Cup quarter final game tonight!

Southampton vs Hull City

Tough League 1 opposition for The Saints.

The Tigers boast a host of stars with Dida in goal and Micheal Ballack, Walter Samuel, Rafael Marquez and Robert Pires to name a few.

Will loan signing from Middlesborough Herrera Diego Tristan be pulling on the red and white for tonights game?

Can Peter Crouch shoot the underdogs into the semi-final?

Saints manager Ryan Delf will be biting his nails tonight hoping that his boys can capitolise on home soil.

000F3789-929B-12E8-80670C02AC1BF824.jpg

Tigers eat Saints alive!

It was always thought that Lions ate christians before this game.

Southampton were mauled by Hull City at home 5-1.

Ryan Delf's team maybe having it away in Division 2, but they need to strengthen for sure if they win promotion, in view of this display!

English Cup Quarter Final results;

Blackburn Rovers 0 - 0(p) Leicester City

Charlton Athletic 0 - 3 Cardiff City

Chelsea 0 - 2 Manchester United

Southampton 1 - 5 Hull City

I'll do the wrap up of Wed night's games if Ryan does the donkey work ...errrrr, I mean predictions! :P

I've been busy (with work and drafting in a STAR recruit) :eek:

Am back and totally committed to SM, Swindon and this thread.

Question: Does Neller Snr and Perry ever read this thread?

I think everyone should contribute with a little banter ever now and again. I don't mind helping Dave run the show but I'd like to see 'total' football! :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Herby

p.s. Steve (Teb) that includes you now that you're back after moving around the world. lol

Tigers eat Saints alive!

It was always thought that Lions ate christians before this game.

Southampton were mauled by Hull City at home 5-1.

Ryan Delf's team maybe having it away in Division 2' date=' but they need to strengthen for sure if they win promotion, in view of this display!

English Cup Quarter Final results;

Blackburn Rovers 0 - 0(p) Leicester City

Charlton Athletic 0 - 3 Cardiff City

Chelsea 0 - 2 Manchester United

Southampton 1 - 5 Hull City[/quote']

In all fairness to Ryan, it wasn't as much of an a$$ raping as it looks. The stats tell a different story. Yes, he surrendered possession but had virtually as many shot on goal as Cardiff and in fact a few more on target. Southampton also had more corners and yellow cards. :P

Good effort son, Cardiff are a class outfit as Dave has been saying for quite some time now. :rolleyes:

Herby

I'll do the wrap up of Wed night's games if Ryan does the donkey work ...errrrr' date=' I mean predictions! :P

I've been busy (with work and drafting in a STAR recruit) :eek:

Am back and totally committed to SM, Swindon and this thread.

I think everyone should contribute with a little banter ever now and again. I don't mind helping Dave run the show but I'd like to see 'total' football! :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Herby

p.s. Steve (Teb) that includes you now that you're back after moving around the world. lol[/quote']

i read this thread but lost track a bit as it always seems to be about random stuff nowadays!!! time is in short supply lately but if i can help out i will try

Herby' date=' maybe just include the teams in previews and reviews of the contributary members. It's pointless going to the trouble of reviewing someones games if they don't read it.

How about, (before Wednesday) type aye and the name of your team if you want to be included in the match waffle, (I don't mean we have to do this before every game! Maybe now and again)

Ok here goes;

[b']

AYE! - Bolton Wanderers [/b]