Bafetimbi GOMIS

dantheman90

This kid is amazing. He is 22 years old and plays for the French team Saint-Etienne. He has started 19 games and has 7 subs and 10 goals. He is on the top scorers for Ligue 1 Orange.

He is currently rated at 88 and has been dubbed the next Drogba, according to Wikipedia. Apparently Aston Villa, Arsenal and Newcastle are interested, with Newcastle aligning a bid of 9mill (assuming they stay up i presume!) This info was confirmed yesterday! :P says Wikipedia.

What i want to know is will he go up in the French rating change? if not is he worth buying anyway? also is there anyone like Gomis who will be rising in the next few weeks that i could get for less than 10mill? so far i have my eyes on him + Cavenaghi, and i could possibly stretch to Kiessling but i need lots more possibles! They don't necessarily have to be under 25 but its preferred!

Anyway, please help me! all help appreciated! :D:)

Re: Bafetimbi GOMIS

From what I've seen he seems overrated, his goals always look nice but I still don't think he scores enough to be mentioned in the same breath as Drogba. I'd never expect him to hit 20+ in the Premiership.

My prediction? He signs for Newcastle, plays 30 games, scores 3 goals, gets sold back to France and is never heard of again.

• 2 months later...

2 debut goals for France having been selected ahead of Trezeguet.

He will now be hoping for a Euro 2008 spot.

Not sure his rating will sky rocket just yet based on this, Ecuador not being the most renowned side, but two goals having come on in the second half won't do him any harm and he should be making 90 soon enough.

Raymond Domenech rightly got some criticism for not selecing Trezeguet and it will be interesting to see how things pan out.

Not sure his rating will sky rocket just yet based on this' date=' Ecuador not being the most renowned side, but two goals having come on in the second half won't do him any harm and he should be making 90 soon enough.

Raymond Domenech rightly got some criticism for not selecing Trezeguet and it will be interesting to see how things pan out.[/quote']

Yeah i saw the game tonight and the fact I stole him off you in WC2 was all the sweeter! :D

He played brilliantly as did Nasri and Ben Arfa, the two goals pretty much told Domenech to pick him and im sure it will happen.

91 after the euro's watch and see ;)

Not sure his rating will sky rocket just yet based on this' date=' Ecuador not being the most renowned side, but two goals having come on in the second half won't do him any harm and he should be making 90 soon enough.

Raymond Domenech rightly got some criticism for not selecing Trezeguet and it will be interesting to see how things pan out.[/quote']

thanks for the heads up teb, been tracking this player for a while and im thinking about making a swoop now.

oh i see, come on my thread and take my glory haha! i spotted him!

im so glad i chose him over cavenaghi now! and borriello and guiza make a threesome of forum risers that i have upfront! if my rotherham team get relegated now (in division 1; skills, i know!) i wont be best pleased!

i know who i will be supporting this summer.

BAFE FOR THE EUROS!

Just like to throw this out there' date=' my french teacher is his cousin. Both are from the same senegalese tribe. Incredibly cool, and what a player. Sadly St. Ettiene won't sell him.[/quote']

Yeah, he was THE main transfer target for VfB Stuttgart last offseason. Intended to partner Mario Gomez in attack ... Gomez & Gomis was the ideal strike partnership for coach Armin Veh but the german BL champs at the time made 2 unsuccessful offers to St. Etienne. They really want to keep him but I fear their efforts will eventually go in vein :o

Herby

EDIT: Maybe I was wrong .... he has just (04/06/08) signed a new 4 year deal for his club so that will only increase the asking price if he was to move!!! :(

Just like to throw this out there' date=' my french teacher is his cousin. Both are from the same senegalese tribe. Incredibly cool, and what a player. Sadly St. Ettiene won't sell him.[/quote']

that is very cool! you'll have to ask your french teacher for inside info! and come telll us!

although he has signed another contract with st.etienne, assuming he gets some playing time for the national side and gets loads of goals again next season, he will have to go in jan/summer. too good a talent to miss. hopefully will then get snapped up big an even bigger team, still getting regular games.

i cant wait, these three weeks will be immense.

Unfortunately they got Marica and destroyed him because IMO his football style is closer by the Primera Division or Serie A than Bundesliga:rolleyes:

Now both Marica and VfB are suffering:(

You might be right there, hard to tell until he plays in that league or that level.

Tbh I don't think Marica is good enough for La Liga :rolleyes:

and if I had a choice I know who I'd rather have out of Marica and Gomis :P

Starts with G and ends in OMIS :D

Just my humble opinion though.

Herby

• 6 months later...

I don't what happened tbh. Everyone was talking about 90/91, top talent, etc. But he was one of the biggest flops of Euro 08, and off-form for Ettiene.

I have sold him off in all my teams and replaced him with Hoarau (87 -> 89 -> 90?) who is much better bet for a 90 in the future IMO. Very talented, at a better club.

dont think that gomis will rise in the near future bcause he hasnt been on great form recently. cavenaghi is a great striker. he scores goals for fun. he will defonetely rise from 90 to 91. he could be moving to spurs in january so shoud rise..:)

Gignac as well. :) Toulouse wouldn't be in the top half of the table without him (10 goals!).

I don't what happened tbh. Everyone was talking about 90/91' date=' top talent, etc. But he was [b']one of the biggest flops of Euro 08[/b], and off-form for Ettiene.

I remember that very well.

I was bragging to my friends that he is very good and the "new Drogba"...bla bla. They ended up laughing at me:o

Or maybe it's the overall team's performance because they are lying at 17th position so the whole team is not doing well.