GRAND SLAM SUNDAY - Man utd Vs Liverpool & Chelsea Vs Arsenal

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: GRAND SLAM SUNDAY - Man utd Vs Liverpool & Chelsea Vs Arsenal From what I have read on this thread ManU fans interpret statements from certain L'pool fans about spending big money and buying

Re: GRAND SLAM SUNDAY - Man utd Vs Liverpool & Chelsea Vs Arsenal Well here are my thoughts.... it wa 3-0 because of the red card regardless who u support thats obvious and even die hard Man Utd

Re: GRAND SLAM SUNDAY - Man utd Vs Liverpool & Chelsea Vs Arsenal

hmmm ok I think I have been nice enough and honest enough about Man Utd Vs Liverpool so now its your turn.

take just both sides from yesterday' date=' yours cost over 100mil more in value after thanking me for my honesty are you honesly trying to say we are even close in price?

Van der Saar - £2m

Brown - Free

Ferdinand - £33m

Vidic - £7m

Evra - £5.5m

Ronaldo - £12.25m

Anderson - £17m

Carrick - £18.6m

Giggs - Free

Rooney - £30m

Tevez - ?£20m (reputed buy-out clause)

Kusczak - £2.5m

O'Shea - Free

Hargreaves - £17m

Nani - £14m

Saha - £12.8m

Total - £191.65m

I mean seriously..... you have 9 players who cost over 12mil... we have 2,

3 of those players there near enough cost more than our whole 16 from yesterday, I mean comon its not even close theres only 1 team who can match that and its Chelsea.

I have more than proven im honest about things, but facts are facts and the above cant really be argued with or denied as they are proven facts.

saying players like Yossi (4mil) , Skirtel (5mil) cost loads is not even close, they are our 1st choice players and cost less then most your subs.[/quote']

first of all good post and Did i ever even ONCE say that We didn't spend? i jus said that LIVERPOOL have spent this yr too...

But let's just think about Reasons for our spending and reasons why man utd have spent so MUCH?

WHY MAN UTD SPENT SO MUCH?

Man utd had won the League last yr and also reached the FA CUP finals but it is the Champions League that Sir Alex Ferguson wants to Win again and so we strenghten all the weak sections in our team...

Scholes and Giggsy ain't going to be there any longer than 3 or max 4 years We needed backups for them so v brought in NANI and ANDERSON and there no SANE person in this entire world who can prove me wrong when i say "BOTH NANI n ANDERSON have lived up to the expectations maybe have even crossed them"

We had one of the best HOLDING MIDFIELDERS in the world in ROY KEANE ["KEANO THE MAN"] but we let him go and manage SUNDERLAND so we needed someone to Sit in Front of the defence and put his Foot down not only in the league but importantly in UCL. So we brought in HARGREAVES.

We had who i believe was the "Best Striker in the World" in RUUD VAN NISTELROOY but due to some differences he left to REAL and we needed a striking partner for ROONEY [ as saha is almost always injured ] So we brought in TEVEZ and it's a Installment payment so we didn't have to pay the whole thing at once.

And who else? that's it? i don't remember anyone else ... sorry if i missed someone.

HOW DID MAN UTD SPEND SOME MUCH?

We reached the FA CUP final, The Champions League Semi's and WON THE ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE and C.Ronaldo's crazy was everywhere and since this UNITED side was doing well everyone wanted their Merchandise.

SO FA CUP FINAL + UCL SEMI's + EPL TITLE + MERCHANDIZE = LOTS LOTS LOTS Of cash....

and also our Turn Over was HUGE , i don't remember the exact percentage but it was ABSOLUTLY MASSIVE more than 75% i m sure but don't know the exact percentage..

This shows Why and How we could spend soo much this season.

Hope that i have been honest.. and hope that atlast SOME OTHER people who still don't give credit to MAN UTD start giving them the credit that they deserve...

So your Critising Chelsea for been boring and then get at them when they draw 4-4 and some great football in that game..:confused::rolleyes:

Many of the goals were down to mistakes by both clubs. Arsenal and Manchester United don't just score many due to defensive mistakes but due to good football which opens the team up.:)

i don't find any of the top 4 BORING..

they r all good..

Arsenal - love to watch Fabregas play his great passes and sagna's hair :eek: lol

Chelsea - Drogba and Joe Cole a treat to watch them play ...

Man utd - Duhzz.. RONALDO , Rooney,Tevez, Anderson,Nani,Giggsy,and so many others ... i m a RED DEVIL remember?

Liverpool - TORRES and GERRARD ... Love to watch them paly especially Torres u learn a important lesson watching them play, that not everything at liverpool is USELESS [ juz kidding ]

so all in all every team is interesting to watch in the EPL atleast the top 4 r ...:P :p :P

Guest Sooty's Football Brain

Niks I've just read through this whole thread and I'm interested, what's your point here? Because everything you've tried to say has just been upended by Neller and the rest of them and you've not actually made one valid point with facts and figures. I'm just reading boring bias. So can you explain this to me and then I'll leave you be.

first of all good post and Did i ever even ONCE say that We didn't spend? i jus said that LIVERPOOL have spent this yr too...

But let's just think about Reasons for our spending and reasons why man utd have spent so MUCH?

WHY MAN UTD SPENT SO MUCH?

Man utd had won the League last yr and also reached the FA CUP finals but it is the Champions League that Sir Alex Ferguson wants to Win again and so we strenghten all the weak sections in our team...

Scholes and Giggsy ain't going to be there any longer than 3 or max 4 years We needed backups for them so v brought in NANI and ANDERSON and there no SANE person in this entire world who can prove me wrong when i say "BOTH NANI n ANDERSON have lived up to the expectations maybe have even crossed them"

We had one of the best HOLDING MIDFIELDERS in the world in ROY KEANE ["KEANO THE MAN"] but we let him go and manage SUNDERLAND so we needed someone to Sit in Front of the defence and put his Foot down not only in the league but importantly in UCL. So we brought in HARGREAVES.

We had who i believe was the "Best Striker in the World" in RUUD VAN NISTELROOY but due to some differences he left to REAL and we needed a striking partner for ROONEY [ as saha is almost always injured ] So we brought in TEVEZ and it's a Installment payment so we didn't have to pay the whole thing at once.

And who else? that's it? i don't remember anyone else ... sorry if i missed someone.

We reached the FA CUP final' date=' The Champions League Semi's and WON THE ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE and C.Ronaldo's crazy was everywhere and since this UNITED side was doing well everyone wanted their Merchandise.

SO FA CUP FINAL + UCL SEMI's + EPL TITLE + MERCHANDIZE = LOTS LOTS LOTS Of cash....

and also our Turn Over was HUGE , i don't remember the exact percentage but it was ABSOLUTLY MASSIVE more than 75% i m sure but don't know the exact percentage..

Hope that i have been honest.. and hope that atlast SOME OTHER people who still don't give credit to MAN UTD start giving them the credit that they deserve...[/quote']

Good post niks mate. :D

What i'd really like to see is Nellers reply to it. :D

P.S. I'm still outa it. Coz i Neller has pretty much beaten me in this one lol :D:o

But let's just think about Reasons for our spending and reasons why man utd have spent so MUCH

Correct me if i am wrong but i think all the top 4 every season go out and try to win everything they enter ' date='also correct me again if i am wrong but every manager in the Premiership try to do the latter .

[b']we strengthen all the weak sections in our team.

[/b]

Again whats the point your trying to make here ' date='all players need replacing and its not just because like the two above their ages ,you still buy players ever year like everyone else to strengthen all the weak sections in their team.

Also no ones even questioned the two youngsters ,i can assure you most knowledgable football fans knew how good they both were before you bought them hence the price tag paid .

As for expectations I dont think they have even crossed them ,maybe its some United fans that didnt realise what they were getting but i can assure you it was money well spent .

And who else? that's it? i don't remember anyone else ... sorry if i missed someone..

You can miss who you like because youve still missed the whole picture but i will put you straight shortly .:D;)

We reached the FA CUP final' date=' The Champions League Semi's and WON THE ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE and C.Ronaldo's crazy was everywhere and since this UNITED side was doing well everyone wanted their Merchandise.

Hope that i have been honest.. and hope that atlast SOME OTHER people who still don't give credit to MAN UTD start giving them the credit that they deserve...[/quote']

Great post because you still dont get the picture ,but at least youve just proved my Sons whole point which he has been trying to sink into some of the United heads and which you havnt realised it .

We know the reasons above why UNITED spent and spend so much ,

That has never been the issue ,its what we are ALL trying to do ,reason why you state above we spent this year ,what is being pointed out by my son is the financial gulf there is between even the top 4 let alone the top 4 to the rest .:)

He will beat you both because you are just confirming his points about ManU spending a lot. :P:D

Why has ManU spent so much money? That is obvious, they needed to strengthen their squad so they can fight on two or three battlefields + prepare the replacement of older players.

How could ManU spend so much?

That is the most interesting to me. Because I think there is a difference when someone buys players and looses huge amounts like Chelsea and when someone buys players and despite that ends up with a profit or at least with minor loss which is acceptable for season when you renew your squad.

If someone has more information on ManU's finances and how did they finance the transfers it would be very interesting to me.

EDIT: I wrote this before Crazy Bones post:)

yeah lol basicly what Zazoon & Crazy B, Scoty said.

I have said over and over again theres nothing wrong with Man Utd spending they have made there money through being so big, they have spent big but spend well imo just look at there side and although they cost loads people can only possibly debate if Carrick and Harg was worth the money, but they are excellent players and cost more because they was English and due to Man Utd's results you have to say they was well worth the money.

Liverpool spend money yes, but dont compare that to yours were not even close, as I said we have 2 players we payed more than 12mil for Torres & Masch, I think I counted 9 in yours that is a big gap mate for any team to close the only way a team with such class players can be caught or do poor is with a rubbish manager imo (AKA Mardid for a few years) but Man Utd have not got that they have the best around in charge aswell which makes things even harder. Put Fergie in charge at Madrid when they had all those galatico's and you can almost guarntee they would have won trohpies.

As I said I have no issue at all with Man Utd spending but fact is they do spend and people saying Rafa should be competing with them are well off the mark, we should be doing better yes definatly but the gap between us2 in terms of players is a big one just like the gap was between you and Chelsea 2 years ago

Picture the scene ,

Little Fly on a wall eaves dropping in Nellers house as Crazy visits him and Grandkids.

Crazy - Whats your game

Neller-What do you mean

Crazy-Telling all them United lads on that thread that they are better than LFC

Neller -yes but i only mean their team and squad strength in depth and what it cost compared to ours at this moment ,not that there a better club or fans.:P

Crazy - Well that is true they can win the title for the next 47yrs until i recieve my telegram from the Palace wishing me a Happy 100th but the latter will never happen ,not in my or your eyes anyway.:D

Neller -Anyway you know there better because you agreed with me when they won it last year ,they were the best and deserved it they played great attacking football .

Crazy -I know but you dont tell them that .

Neller -Why

Crazy-Because you dont its just not done .

Neller- Why not

Crazy -Because it makes all their heads swell and puts great big silly grins on their faces.

Neller - How do you know

Crazy -Because thats what i would do.

Neller - But you always fetched me up to give it straight and tell it the way i see it .

Crazy -Yes but theres a time and place

Neller -I know thats why i did what i did it was the time and place,when Chelsea won it the last two yrs everyone said they bought it ,well i was just pointing out that they did the same ,Yes they have a great team but so has Chelsea and both Clubs payed a high price to get this success.

Crazy- I see where your coming from ,but did the United lads .

Neller- Some did ,some didnt .

Crazy-Why didnt some understand ,ive read the thread and you put all your points across great .

Neller -I can only think like you said Dad ,because i said they were a great team some were to busy walking round with big grins on their faces and swelling heads to digest the rest .

Crazy- Yep but i find some of the United lads do give all round credit where its due .

Neller- But who would you say is the worst and wont listen.

Crazy -Oh thats easy its ...................

SPLAT

Demi- Hi Grandad ive just splattered a big Blue bottle next to you .

Crazy-Thanks i wouldnt want what me and your dads talking about being overheard.

Neller- Now i know your a Crazy old man ,do you really think the Forum would have a fly on the wall to gather information

Crazy -:D;):)

"...and is arguably the most popular football club in the world, with over 330 million supporters worldwide; 5% of the world's population."

"Average attendances at the club have been higher than any other team in English football for all but six seasons since 1964–65"

"Since the late 1990s, the club has been one of the richest in the world with the highest revenue of any football club,[6], and is currently the second richest club in the world, based on revenue.[7] Manchester United, which remains the most valuable club in the world"

Quotes from wikipedia.

It seems that ManU won it through finance.

That proves the role of money in modern football.

Although football can never become secondary activity for giant football clubs sometimes it looks like that.

There are two ways for Liverpool to become more competitive - improve their finances through various marketing actions, bigger stadium, sponsorship etc. or new billionaire owners from Dubai that will invest large sums.

But that is only if you think that without big investments nothing can be done.

Wenger showed smaller clubs the other path.

Picture the scene ' date='

Little Fly on a wall eaves dropping in Nellers house as Crazy visits him and Grandkids.

Crazy - Whats your game

Neller-What do you mean

Neller -yes but i only mean their team and squad strength in depth and what it cost compared to ours at this moment ,[b']not that there a better club or fans.[/b]:P

Crazy - Well that is true they can win the title for the next 47yrs until i recieve my telegram from the Palace wishing me a Happy 100th but the latter will never happen ,not in my or your eyes anyway.:D

Neller -Anyway you know there better because you agreed with me when they won it last year ,they were the best and deserved it they played great attacking football .

Neller -Why

Neller- Why not

Crazy -Because it makes all their heads swell and puts great big silly grins on their faces.

Neller - How do you know

Neller - But you always fetched me up to give it straight and tell it the way i see it .

Neller -I know thats why i did what i did it was the time and place,when Chelsea won it the last two yrs everyone said they bought it ,well i was just pointing out that they did the same ,Yes they have a great team but so has Chelsea and both Clubs payed a high price to get this success.

Crazy-Why didnt some understand ,ive read the thread and you put all your points across great .

Neller -I can only think like you said Dad ,because i said they were a great team some were to busy walking round with big grins on their faces and swelling heads to digest the rest .

Crazy- Yep but i find some of the United lads do give all round credit where its due .

SPLAT

Crazy-Thanks i wouldnt want what me and your dads talking about being overheard.

Neller- Now i know your a Crazy old man ,do you really think the Forum would have a fly on the wall to gather information

Silly old man!!!:P:D :D

This post deserves a huge rep but unfortunately I can't give it to you but I will after I spread it around.:D

I think maybe it is the most innovative and funniest post I have read on this forum. I'm not reading much but still.:P:D

Picture the scene ' date='

Crazy - Whats your game

Neller-What do you mean

Neller -yes but i only mean their team and squad strength in depth and what it cost compared to ours at this moment ,[b']not that there a better club or fans.[/b]:P

Neller -Why

Neller- Why not

Neller - How do you know

SPLAT

lol :D

It seems that ManU won it through finance.

That proves the role of money in modern football.

Although football can never become secondary activity for giant football clubs sometimes it looks like that.

There are two ways for Liverpool to become more competitive - improve their finances through various marketing actions' date=' bigger stadium, sponsorship etc. or new billionaire owners from Dubai that will invest large sums.

But that is only if you think that without big investments nothing can be done.

Wenger showed smaller clubs the other path.

[/quote']

Yeah totaly agree, with the money you also need a great manager to do it wich Man Utd have in Fergie and Chelsea "had" in Jose. If Liverpool spent 200mil on players could Rafa take them to glory? some say yes some say no hes not good enough... I guess nobody can say until it happens, the one thing that the people who do rate Rafa have on there side AKA me is once again "facts" because if anyone checks his record it speaks for itself imo before and after he came to Liverpool, anyone saying Rafa is a poor manager can only base it on there own opinion

Man Utd have made there money through being like u said the most popular football team in the world, it would be stupid for them not to spend it on quality players which although some people took it that way is not what I mean at all

well in that above post neither did i try to prove someone WRONG nor did i want to make a statement or something coz all i intended to do there was tell everyone exactly why man utd have spent so much... it's not just here that everyone is moaning over man utd spending big it's everywhere, on other forums , in real life everywhere and nobody understands the fact that When u need to spend u got to spend.

Like Man utd didn't need to spend last year apart from buying CARRICK United hardly bought anyone.But this year we wanted to Move 1 step higher and for that u need Depth in squad and that's what we bought In..

Chelsea keep on buying and spending on BIG NAMES and most of them turn out to be FLOPS, But liverpool buy QUANTITY rather than QUALITY , Arsenal well,,, they buy QUALITY and mainly depend on their Excellent youth system. MANCHESTER UNITED Bought QUALITY AND QUANTITY and didn't buy HUGE names but bought their FUTURE in the form of ANDERSON,NANI,Hargeaves and TEVEZ along with ROONEY and Ronaldo.

So that's Money well spent. Liverpool have spent but spent wastefully [ apart from skrtel and Torres ] Chelsea same story...

So what i wanted to tell everyone is that YES MAN UTD have spent and spent BIG AGREED , Liverpool have spent , spent large too [to some extent] AGREED? but RAFA buys quantity rather than quality and that's what hits back. They haven't bought sensiblily and so there's no point moaning that MAN UTD SPENT Large and we didn't. If so why doesn't Rafa spend 30 M on 1 or 2 GOOD players rather than spending 15 to 20 M on players who [with all due respect] come no where near LIVERPOOL's STANDARD!!!!!

that's all...

So that's Money well spent. Liverpool have spent but spent wastefully [ apart from skrtel and Torres ] Chelsea same story...

that's all...

well your entire post has already been covered many, many times and I think you are taking / reading everyone's posts in the wrong way as nobody is saying the stuff u are saying.

as for the above...

Alonso (10mil, has been an amazing player for us helped us lift the CL)

Mascherano (17mil just like Tevez is talked about as an amazing Tallent)

Agger (has already proved hes worth the 6mil price tag and is still young

Torres (big signing but is proving his worth)

Babel (has had a decent season, brilliant young tallent and cost 9mil)

Skirtel (6mil looks a decent player)

Arbeloa (very low price and has proved his a solid player)

Crouch (doesnt play much but has scored enough goals for us to warrant his 6mil)

---left--

Sissoko (left now but only cost 5mil and easily played enough games to cover that plus we got our money back)

Bellamy (once again wasnt a success but we got our money back)

Morientes (bad signing but who wouldnt have signed him? even Fergie wanted him he just didnt like the EPL style once here)

Gonzalez (signed for free but was spoke about as an amazing pacey winger in spain, just didnt settle in the EPL)

im prob missing some but I dont see this "signed badly", how have we signed a massive squad instead of quantity?? you have signed as many as the above but paid LOAAAAAAADDDS more which obviously results in better quality.

Like Man utd didn't need to spend last year apart from buying CARRICK United

true but the 60mil spent on Rio and Rooney the seasons before helped a bit. add Carrick onto that and those 3 cost near enough the same as our whole 16 which played against you on sunday.... surely mate you can see what im talking about. then add onto that the season you actually did spend money.. landslide

but as been said 1,000000000 times nobody is doubting why, how, they spent there money and nobody is doubting they spent it well.

well in that above post neither did i try to prove someone WRONG nor did i want to make a statement or something coz all i intended to do there was tell everyone exactly why man utd have spent so much... it's not just here that everyone is moaning over man utd spending big it's everywhere' date=' on other forums , in real life everywhere and nobody understands the fact that When u need to spend u got to spend.

Like Man utd didn't need to spend last year apart from buying CARRICK United hardly bought anyone.But this year we wanted to Move 1 step higher and for that u need Depth in squad and that's what we bought In..

Chelsea keep on buying and spending on BIG NAMES and most of them turn out to be FLOPS, But liverpool buy QUANTITY rather than QUALITY , Arsenal well,,, they buy QUALITY and mainly depend on their Excellent youth system. MANCHESTER UNITED Bought QUALITY AND QUANTITY and didn't buy HUGE names but bought their FUTURE in the form of ANDERSON,NANI,Hargeaves and TEVEZ along with ROONEY and Ronaldo.

So that's Money well spent. Liverpool have spent but spent wastefully [ apart from skrtel and Torres '] Chelsea same story...

So what i wanted to tell everyone is that YES MAN UTD have spent and spent BIG AGREED , Liverpool have spent , spent large too [to some extent] AGREED? but RAFA buys quantity rather than quality and that's what hits back. They haven't bought sensiblily and so there's no point moaning that MAN UTD SPENT Large and we didn't. If so why doesn't Rafa spend 30 M on 1 or 2 GOOD players rather than spending 15 to 20 M on players who [with all due respect] come no where near LIVERPOOL's STANDARD!!!!!

that's all...

Because Niks you don't always have to buy big names and spend 30m on a plaer to win stuff and further yourself as a team. Where's the 30m on a player Arsenal have bought? You can only be spending that sort of money on a player every few seasons. No club in the world can do it regularly. Though we used to watch Real Madrid to see who their big summer signing would be even they can keep up in bringing one a season in now. You ask why Rafa can't bring in 1 30m player instead of 2 15m players. Well isn't that obvious? If you need to strengthen 2 positions why not bring in 2 quality players that are going to do a job and add some balance rather than uneven the team with a world class player and leave the other blank to be filled by a Voronin. It doesn't work like that. Plus Rafa spent his 30m on Torres. Liverpool are not going to be able to do that now for at least a couple of seasons further on. Utd didn't spend last season because of the Rooney money. Now that it has evened itself out and the moneys back there they have been able to strengthen again this year. I doubt you will see too many signings from them next year. Perhaps just the one position like they spent 18m on Carrick last year they may spend the same amount on a striker this year.

Rafa does I agree perhaps need time but to earn time results need to come a bit quicker. Though I agree with this time he is going to be able to build a squad decent enough to start to challenge. Ferguson has done this succesfully and so has Wenger. If Chelsea and Liverpool want to compete aswell they need to find the right manager, IMO thats neither Grant nor Benitez but it may be, and let them build a squad. If this isn't good enough over the next couple of years well then it's time to move on and start again.

in conclusion what I was trying to say here is you have contradicted yourself Niks by saying why don't Liverpool spend 30m on 1 player instead of 15 on 2 when you look at your own team and they have done exactly that and been succesful, why can't rafa do the same?

Correct me if i am wrong but i think all the top 4 every season go out and try to win everything they enter ' date='also correct me again if i am wrong but every manager in the Premiership try to do the latter .

[b']we strengthen all the weak sections in our team.

[/b]

Well u said it urself so i m correcting u coz u r WRONG THERE ^^.

Rafa is a manager rite? of liverpool rite? so he has to strengthen the weak sections in the team rite? has he done anything about the right flank? I don't think so... he plays gerrard there most of the times who is one of the best CM's in the world or else he plays KUYT there who is striker and not a WINGER by any means..

So why doesn't Rafa spend a Lil wisely and stop buying players PENNANT who ain't LIVERPOOL quality, and start buying some actual TALENT?

Great post because you still dont get the picture ' date='but at least youve just proved my Sons whole point which he has been trying to sink into some of the United heads and which you havnt realised it .

We know the reasons above why UNITED spent and spend so much ,

That has never been the issue ,its what we are [b']ALL[/b] trying to do ,reason why you state above we spent this year ,what is being pointed out by my son is the financial gulf there is between even the top 4 let alone the top 4 to the rest .:)

i have realised waht u r talking to tell us and it's RITE 1000% rite... i totally agree what u said in ur previous posts But some of them don't understand the need to SPEND they feel that SPENDING BIG means BUYING GLORY... that's y i just wanted to clarify that..

Because Niks you don't always have to buy big names and spend 30m on a plaer to win stuff and further yourself as a team. Where's the 30m on a player Arsenal have bought? You can only be spending that sort of money on a player every few seasons. No club in the world can do it regularly. Though we used to watch Real Madrid to see who their big summer signing would be even they can keep up in bringing one a season in now. You ask why Rafa can't bring in 1 30m player instead of 2 15m players. Well isn't that obvious? If you need to strengthen 2 positions why not bring in 2 quality players that are going to do a job and add some balance rather than uneven the team with a world class player and leave the other blank to be filled by a Voronin. It doesn't work like that. Plus Rafa spent his 30m on Torres. Liverpool are not going to be able to do that now for at least a couple of seasons further on. Utd didn't spend last season because of the Rooney money. Now that it has evened itself out and the moneys back there they have been able to strengthen again this year. I doubt you will see too many signings from them next year. Perhaps just the one position like they spent 18m on Carrick last year they may spend the same amount on a striker this year.

Rafa does I agree perhaps need time but to earn time results need to come a bit quicker. Though I agree with this time he is going to be able to build a squad decent enough to start to challenge. Ferguson has done this succesfully and so has Wenger. If Chelsea and Liverpool want to compete aswell they need to find the right manager' date=' IMO thats neither Grant nor Benitez but it may be, and let them build a squad. If this isn't good enough over the next couple of years well then it's time to move on and start again.

in conclusion what I was trying to say here is you have contradicted yourself Niks by saying why don't Liverpool spend 30m on 1 player instead of 15 on 2 when you look at your own team and they have done exactly that and been succesful, why can't rafa do the same?[/quote']

Excellent post, the thing is tho having only 2 players above 15mil, Rafa cant sign aload of 15mil squad players like Man Utd do.

also Niks, Nani and Anderson was big names, everyone knew about them loads of teams wanted them and there price tags prove how well they were doing. you want unkown bargains look in the Arsenal side thats what u call signing lesser names

Yh your right Neller, even though you can sign your 2 15 million players, Utd are a step ahead signing 3 or 4 15 million players, how can you compete atm I don't know. Also the difference between Chelsea and Utd doing this is solely the manager. Don't forget Chelsea could probably buy 3 or 4 30m players in the summer. But finding the right one's is where Ferguson comes out on top.

Well u said it urself so i m correcting u coz u r WRONG THERE ^^.

Rafa is a manager rite? of liverpool rite? so he has to strengthen the weak sections in the team rite? has he done anything about the right flank? I don't think so... he plays gerrard there most of the times who is one of the best CM's in the world or else he plays KUYT there who is striker and not a WINGER by any means..

Kuyt isnt playing as RM and neither has Gerrard all season' date=' Kuyt is playing on the right in a 3 player strike force and hes improved loads because of it.

So why doesn't Rafa spend a Lil wisely and stop buying players PENNANT who ain't LIVERPOOL quality, and start buying some actual TALENT?

When we signed Pennant he had just had an amazing season with the most Assists (from the RM) of all prem players for that season, Rafa paid 6mil (as he doesnt have 17mil for a Nani at the time) and hopped he could do the same for us.

i have realised waht u r talking to tell us and it's RITE 1000% rite... i totally agree what u said in ur previous posts But some of them don't understand the need to SPEND they feel that SPENDING BIG means BUYING GLORY... that's y i just wanted to clarify that..

Spending big is buying glory mate, how on earth can it not be? nobody is saying its bad far from it but how is buying all those players not buying glory? infact in your previous post you said Man Utd was buying all those players for success.... lol

well your entire post has already been covered many' date=' many times and I think you are taking / reading everyone's posts in the wrong way as nobody is saying the stuff u are saying.

as for the above...

Alonso (10mil, has been an amazing player for us helped us lift the CL)

Mascherano (17mil just like Tevez is talked about as an amazing Tallent)

Agger (has already proved hes worth the 6mil price tag and is still young

Torres (big signing but is proving his worth)

Babel (has had a decent season, brilliant young tallent and cost 9mil)

Skirtel (6mil looks a decent player)

Arbeloa (very low price and has proved his a solid player)

Crouch (doesnt play much but has scored enough goals for us to warrant his 6mil)

---left--

Sissoko (left now but only cost 5mil and easily played enough games to cover that plus we got our money back)

Bellamy (once again wasnt a success but we got our money back)

Morientes (bad signing but who wouldnt have signed him? even Fergie wanted him he just didnt like the EPL style once here)

Gonzalez (signed for free but was spoke about as an amazing pacey winger in spain, just didnt settle in the EPL)

im prob missing some but I dont see this "signed badly", how have we signed a massive squad instead of quantity?? you have signed as many as the above but paid LOAAAAAAADDDS more which obviously results in better quality.[/quote']

Liverpool got a Big squad agree??? Atleast bigger than ARSENAL or Everton maybe even MAN UTD :eek: :eek: [not sure though but it'll be very close]

Everyone has to agree to this? coz it's a fact.

And Rafa since he came here has bought atleast and i m saying ATLEAST 10 to 15 players rite??

Tell me How many of them have been successful? Torres ...ONE Agger[maybe] Two... and hmm.... Babel maybe and rest?? They haev sparkled in few matches and went back to HIBERNATION in their cave and hardly shown any sort of CONTRIBUTION to the squad..

that's what i mean by BUYING QUANTITY OVER QUALITY...

Yh your right Neller' date=' even though you can sign your 2 15 million players, Utd are a step ahead signing 3 or 4 15 million players, how can you compete atm I don't know. Also the difference between Chelsea and Utd doing this is solely the manager. Don't forget Chelsea could probably buy 3 or 4 30m players in the summer. But finding the right one's is where Ferguson comes out on top.[/quote']

Yeah totaly agree mate, Fergie has spent VERY well excluding Veron who was a 32mil flop I dont think hes ever wasted a large amount of cash, Saha cost a bit but fergie couldnt predict he was going to suffer with INJ, hes a good player when fit

Liverpool got a Big squad agree??? Atleast bigger than ARSENAL or Everton maybe even MAN UTD :eek: :eek: [not sure though but it'll be very close]

Everyone has to agree to this? coz it's a fact.

And Rafa since he came here has bought atleast and i m saying ATLEAST 10 to 15 players rite??

Tell me How many of them have been successful? Torres ...ONE Agger[maybe] Two... and hmm.... Babel maybe and rest?? They haev sparkled in few matches and went back to HIBERNATION in their cave and hardly shown any sort of CONTRIBUTION to the squad..

that's what i mean by BUYING QUANTITY OVER QUALITY...

lmao nice way to skip a whole post on facts mate, read the list at least I gave reasons next to the players, if you want to debate them do it properly.

so u said said Rafa has signed 10-15 players right?? look at your side mate so has Fergie but has spent around 120mil or those 10-15 players, NOW THATS BUYING QUALITY AND QUANTITY

you have 15mil rated subs dude!!!