GRAND SLAM SUNDAY - Man utd Vs Liverpool & Chelsea Vs Arsenal

Re: GRAND SLAM SUNDAY - Man utd Vs Liverpool & Chelsea Vs Arsenal

Kuyt isnt playing as RM and neither has Gerrard all season' date=' Kuyt is playing on the right in a 3 player strike force and hes improved loads because of it.[/quote']

Liverpool rarely play 3 at the top it's usually 4-5-1 with torres leading the line and i think WHOLE of the last season Gerrard was playing there and this season it's KUYT who himself isn't good enough for LIVERPOOL.

When we signed Pennant he had just had an amazing season with the most Assists (from the RM) of all prem players for that season' date=' Rafa paid 6mil (as he doesnt have 17mil for a Nani at the time) and hopped he could do the same for us..[/quote']

That's the difference b/w SAF and rafa Nani is FAR FAR better palyer than PENNANT and that i think eveyone agree to.. So if u spend 11 M more and get a FAR BETTER player ,also YOUNGER i may ADD who u r sure will do wonders at the club than that's way better spending and that's what Rafa has to do...

Spending big is buying glory mate' date=' how on earth can it not be? nobody is saying its bad far from it but how is buying all those players not buying glory? infact in your previous post you said Man Utd was buying all those players for success.... lol[/quote']

So y hasn't chelsea won the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE yet they r FAR LARGER Spenders compared to man utd and liverpool heck i think both utd and pool together haven't spent as much as chelsea have spent under Roman abrahamovic... it's not just the MONEY bro it's just a mere component ... it's the TALENT u buy with it. it's the manager's MIND and the player's Skill that counts FAR more than money so stop saying " Money buys GLORY".

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: GRAND SLAM SUNDAY - Man utd Vs Liverpool & Chelsea Vs Arsenal From what I have read on this thread ManU fans interpret statements from certain L'pool fans about spending big money and buying

Re: GRAND SLAM SUNDAY - Man utd Vs Liverpool & Chelsea Vs Arsenal Well here are my thoughts.... it wa 3-0 because of the red card regardless who u support thats obvious and even die hard Man Utd

Many of the goals were down to mistakes by both clubs. Arsenal and Manchester United don't just score many due to defensive mistakes but due to good football which opens the team up.:)

Very harsh,I think people at times refuse to give credit to Chelsea for playing good football when they do..Most of the top pundits within the game would disagree with the likes of you.

lmao nice way to skip a whole post on facts mate' date=' read the list at least I gave reasons next to the players, if you want to debate them do it properly.

so u said said Rafa has signed 10-15 players right?? look at your side mate so has Fergie but has spent around 120mil or those 10-15 players, NOW THATS BUYING QUALITY AND QUANTITY

you have 15mil rated subs dude!!![/quote']

i didn't want all those FLOPS u mentioned above to come again in my post coz it's waste of time..

and what u said above is somewhat rite...

WE BOUGHT QUALITY AND QUANTITY and u bought quantity and not QUALITY..

it's a pity i have to leave for my footie match now but i'll reply to all ur posts when i come back!!!!

and just one thing WHATEVER i've said i may have hurt someone or someone's sentiments in the process i just wanna say IT"S JUST what i think and i have nothing against anyone and plz don't take it personally. that's all.

cheers

Guest Sooty's Football Brain

Yeah but when posting what you think sometimes you need to abck it up with more facts and address other posts that people have took there time out in proving you wrong if I'm honest.

Liverpool rarely play 3 at the top it's usually 4-5-1 with torres leading the line and i think WHOLE of the last season Gerrard was playing there and this season it's KUYT who himself isn't good enough for LIVERPOOL.

Can you tell me how many games u have seen this 4-5-1 ? the team I watch saw Torres down the middle Babel on the left of the 3 and Kuyt on the right

That's the difference b/w SAF and rafa Nani is FAR FAR better palyer than PENNANT and that i think eveyone agree to.. So if u spend 11 M more and get a FAR BETTER player ' date='also YOUNGER i may ADD who u r sure will do wonders at the club than that's way better spending and that's what Rafa has to do...[/quote']

mate thats the whole!! point of this convo he didnt have an extra 11mil for Nani

So y hasn't chelsea won the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE yet they r FAR LARGER Spenders compared to man utd and liverpool heck i think both utd and pool together haven't spent as much as chelsea have spent under Roman abrahamovic... it's not just the MONEY bro it's just a mere component ... it's the TALENT u buy with it. it's the manager's MIND and the player's Skill that counts FAR more than money so stop saying " Money buys GLORY".

you just shot yourself in the foot mate as Fergie has spent more on his current 1st 16 then Chelsea have on theres, so.....

so what you are saying its not the money that buys success its the tallent you buy with the money.. do you realise how insane that sounds? how do you buy that "tallent" .. with the money, if your tallent wins you the league, how did you get that tallent? did u not get it with the money?

twist it anyway you please its still the money.

I and all the other people have said about 10,000 times you need a great manager with the money and you need to buy well, but you skip all that and just want to see "Man Utd spend money"

Everyone here is giving Man Utd credit for spending wisely so I really fail to see your whole point

i didn't want all those FLOPS u mentioned above to come again in my post coz it's waste of time..

lol yeah sure' date=' if you are going to call people like Alonso a flop for 10mil who won us the CL you need to back it up with something.

WE BOUGHT QUALITY AND QUANTITY and u bought quantity and not QUALITY..

once again you are just going against yourself, you bought quantity and quality BECAUSE YOU PAID OVER 120MIL MORE!! lol

for your agrument to even be slightly true Rafa would have needed to spend close to Fergie but say on more players as thats what u are saying, your only problem is its not true and u have no "facts" to back it up with its just your own opinion.

most of all you are forgetting Fergie spent all that on building a team he made over X amount of years, Rafa took over someone else's side and had to rebuild with his own players just like any manager does.

there is a massive difference... so in theory Rafa had to rebuild a whole squad on 120mil ish less than what fergie restructured (his own) side again

and just one thing WHATEVER i've said i may have hurt someone or someone's sentiments in the process i just wanna say IT"S JUST what i think and i have nothing against anyone and plz don't take it personally. that's all.

cheers

yeah same here I dont take anythign personally mate its just a lil debate

well anyways im going to jump off this roundbout as its taking up wayyyy to much of my time :D

as Niks saying nobody should take offense to anything as everyone is giving there own opinions and most of us on this thread are Man Utd, LFC, Chelsea and Arsenal fans... we aint supposed to agree :)

so here are my last words on this thread ;)

LFC fans are happyish trying to build under Rafa on a much lower budget than Man Utd.

Arsenal are trying to build an amazing side on a low budget and make them superstars playing amazing football

Chelsea will rebuild in the summer im sure with a new manager and spend a little more to catch Man Utd's spending.

Man Utd, spent enough now on players will probably use there 100mil transfer funds to raise the payments on the ref's as a couple of desisions have gone against them this season (even a pen at OT :eek: )

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :P

I'm pretty certain the fat spanish waiter has wasted the most money these past few seasons ?

And in relation to the actual game - The Liverpool fans DID sing munich songs as per usual unfortunately ..... this is a post from an actual Liverpool supporter relating to the way their support as always sang on the subject .....

Quote from: Huyton_Red on February 7, 2008, 05:16:19 PM

Makes me sick the downright self righteousness of some Liverpool fans on this thread

We sang Munich songs for f'ckin years and when I say sang Munich songs I mean SANG, the whole f'ckin ground singing it en masse. I remember in the early 80's when I started going the match singing munich songs on the bus going the game etc - because it was normal for 11 year old Liverpool fans to sing songs anout a disaster that only occured 22 years earlier.

The f'ckin outrage there would be on here is the whole of the stretford end started singing hillsborough songs en masse....

They have every right to sing "Where is your favourite munich song" because they are f'ckin right. It took hillsborough to stop us singing that song.

To put this into context, hillsborough was 19 years ago. In 1977 Liverpool fans were singing Munich songs, not the odd pocket, the whole f'ckin kop. Utd have NEVER sang a hillsborough song en masse, instead they rightly f'ckin mock us by asking why all of a sudden we have stopped singing munich songs.

The behaviour of the Utd fans since Hillsborough has been far and I mean FAR better than the behaviour of the Liverpool fans after munich and they deserve a huge amount of credit for that after listening to those munich songs for years.

Dont do to others what you wouldnt want done to yourself my nan used to say

RIP to all the people who died at munich

"...and is arguably the most popular football club in the world' date=' with over 330 million supporters worldwide; 5% of the world's population."[/quote']

No arguments from me ,even when we were winning most titles you could never take away Man Utd being the most Famous club and biggest ammount of supporters in England .

"

There are two ways for Liverpool to become more competitive - improve their finances through various marketing actions' date=' bigger stadium, sponsorship etc. or new billionaire owners from Dubai that will invest large sums.[/quote']

The above was one of the biggest mistakes that LFC were very slow on the uptake Increased Stadia capacity and World Marketing ,and Man utd were very sharp to pick up on and take forward.( saying that we all ways had a massive following abroad ,what we didnt have which took you even further was the Posh and Becks partnership ) reason why Real bought him .

Before all seating we were having 54,000 gates United bigger ,after all seating we went down ,United did not they have increased all the time to compensate for the massive fan base ,therefore yes it cost them to build but the wealth being generated in from these extra fans and executive boxes far outweighs that cost with the revenue created .

Wheras we are only just starting to build a new stadium now which to me is though its going to be great for the future ,its still at least 15 yrs to late .

We have always had the capability to fill a 60-80 stadia from the 80s but never went down this route ,which is costing us big time now .

Wenger showed smaller clubs the other path.

Well really what other path is there ,and its that path at the moment were having to take but a bit of a mixture of both ,but i can assure you its not just showing smaller because Arsenal and Lfc are BIG clubs and until we or if we can catch up to yours and Chelseas spending power its the one to take ,as proved by Arsenal before it can be successful .

To sum up money has played a big part since prem started ,bound to have with tv rights ,sky etc ,but to me its only since Abromavich came that means bigger money needs to be spent by the rest if wanting to compete on same level .

Arsenal won it 3 times ,yes bought but built a lot ,United 9 times but the biggest ammount of them came from player fetched through the ranks and what a fantastic crop of players to come through all in one go ,no wonder they could hardly be touched ,most teams even us usually get a couple come through but not nearly a full team in one go :D

And in relation to the actual game - The Liverpool fans DID sing munich songs as per usual unfortunately ..... this is a post from an actual Liverpool supporter relating to the way their support as always sang on the subject .....

Quote from: Huyton_Red on February 7' date=' 2008, 05:16:19 PM

Makes me sick the downright self righteousness of some Liverpool fans on this thread

We sang Munich songs for f'ckin years and when I say sang Munich songs I mean SANG, the whole f'ckin ground singing it en masse. I remember in the early 80's when I started going the match singing munich songs on the bus going the game etc - because it was normal for 11 year old Liverpool fans to sing songs anout a disaster that only occured 22 years earlier.

The f'ckin outrage there would be on here is the whole of the stretford end started singing hillsborough songs en masse....

They have every right to sing "Where is your favourite munich song" because they are f'ckin right. It took hillsborough to stop us singing that song.

To put this into context, hillsborough was 19 years ago. In 1977 Liverpool fans were singing Munich songs, not the odd pocket, the whole f'ckin kop. Utd have NEVER sang a hillsborough song en masse, instead they rightly f'ckin mock us by asking why all of a sudden we have stopped singing munich songs.

The behaviour of the Utd fans since Hillsborough has been far and I mean FAR better than the behaviour of the Liverpool fans after munich and they deserve a huge amount of credit for that after listening to those munich songs for years.

Dont do to others what you wouldnt want done to yourself my nan used to say

RIP to all the people who died at munich[/quote']

Yep well this is also by a United fan,

"Despite having no family connections in the north-west of England, United has always been my club, while Liverpool FC has always been my mortal enemy. Yes, it defies all sense and logic, but then so does the antipathy between the true local support of both teams. (NB, disregard the claims of Man City and Everton: United and Liverpool draw the vast bulk of their support locally.) As an outsider, Mancunians and Liverpudlians strike me as hospitable, good humoured people; why they view one another as some sort of subspecies, I don’t know.

What I can say for certain is that standing among United’s hardcore in the K Stand, trading insults with the nearby Liverpool supporters, is tremendous fun. Accusing the away fans of murder (a reference to Heysel disaster at the 1985 European Cup Final), theft and social welfare fraud, is cathartic and exciting. It’s nice to be nasty. As we chant ‘United!’ we punch our fists into the air in unison; when our team scores, we hug one another and make obscene gestures at Liverpool fans. The outstanding sensation is that of freedom: liberations from the normal constraints of behaviour. The more repressed one is, the more one has to unleash and so, the more essential occasions like this become to one’s mental health."

So as you can see we all have our own retards,so lets leave this subjects to other forums because this one consists of a lot of youngsters who will not even know why Scousers and Mancunians hate each other so much .

From what I have read on this thread ManU fans interpret statements from certain L'pool fans about spending big money and buying results in a negative way. They think that L'pool fans are trying to diminish ManU's results using the excuse of spending big money.

At the same time L'pool fans are just trying to explain why their club is there where it is and why they can't compete with the likes of ManU and Chelsea.

But argument of a lower L'pool spending power is a powerful tool in hands of a L'pool fan because he can easily justify his teams failure and also if any kind of success comes they can rub it in a ManU's fans face saying that they did something great with lower spending power.

That of course pis'es ManU's fan off because he finds it more difficult to mock to the L'pools fan while argument of the spending power is in L'pools fans hands.

Since ManU's spending power comes from successful financing - big stadium, large global fan base, huge sponsorship deals etc. the only argument ManU's fan can use against L'pool fan is an argument of an intelligent global financial policy.(which can be applied to L'pool in a negative context for this purpose) That argument however isn't so suitable because it is about economics and not sports.

But as we all know professional sport depends on financing, today more than ever. ManU's fan can use that argument just as L'pool's fan uses the argument of lower spending power.

And that turns their debate into the debate about money and finance and leaves sport aside, my friends. Look what money did to us. We can't even fight over football like we did.

As for glory hunting.

I wouldn't call ManU glory hunters and success buyers. They are just doing business and doing it with success.

Results and money form closed circle. In order to have good results you have to spend but when you achieve them you earn money so you can spend further. They have realized it and are trying to keep the thing going.

Subjects that deserve that name imo are people like Abramovich who are rich and want their name to be remembered. They come out of nowhere buy the club and turn it into their personal toy. If the club is not profitable the only reason for them doing that is achieving personal satisfaction and affirmation of their name. Money laundry and other negative things can also be included.

@ Crazy Bones about Arsenal youth policy

It is example to smaller who cant spend big and to big how to get the player at a lower cost. As a matter of fact you are right big clubs are already using the mixture of it. Why else would players like Camacho, Balotelli, Jovetic and others be on top clubs transfer lists.

Final thought:

ManU and similar clubs find it hard to buy a player cheaply because when they come for him his price rises.

From what I have read on this thread ManU fans interpret statements from certain L'pool fans about spending big money and buying results in a negative way. They think that L'pool fans are trying to diminish ManU's results using the excuse of spending big money.

Yep which in all honesty we were not trying to do ' date='United and Arsenal have played the type of football most of us like to see if we were being totally straight ,but thats not just down to buying the best a lot of credit have to be given as well to both managers and their coaches .

But argument of a lower L'pool spending power is a powerful tool in hands of a L'pool fan because he can easily justify his teams failure and also if any kind of success comes they can rub it in a ManU's fans face saying that they did something great with lower spending power.

Beat me to it :D ,i was going to say the same ,if Man utd and Chelsea say spent only 25 mill this summer and we spent say 15 and won it next year ,then out would come LFC guys with " yea but you bought it we spent less "

Yep all the time this threads been running we have both seen the other side of the coin if my team does win it .;)

Since ManU's spending power comes from successful financing - big stadium' date=' large global fan base, huge sponsorship deals etc. the only argument ManU's fan can use against L'pool fan is an argument of an intelligent global financial policy.(which can be applied to L'pool in a negative context for this purpose) That argument however isn't so suitable because it is about economics and not sports.

But as we all know professional sport depends on financing, today more than ever. ManU's fan can use that argument just as L'pool's fan uses the argument of lower spending power. [/quote']

Yep but to me my Friend thats not an argument ,there is a big proportion of truth in that ,United have got where they are now because the Buisness and Marketing people in the background who run the club had the forsight to think ahead and keep one foot in front all the time ,where D.Moores etc while putting a lot of money and loving the Club really has let this side go backwards .

As for glory hunting.

I wouldn't call ManU glory hunters and success buyers. They are just doing business and doing it with success.

Results and money form closed circle. In order to have good results you have to spend but when you achieve them you earn money so you can spend further. They have realized it and are trying to keep the thing going.

Subjects that deserve that name imo are people like Abramovich who are rich and want their name to be remembered. They come out of nowhere buy the club and turn it into their personal toy. If the club is not profitable the only reason for them doing that is achieving personal satisfaction and affirmation of their name. Money laundry and other negative things can also be included.

Its an English trait Zazoon ' date='they dont mean Man utd are Glory hunters they mean so many of there fans ,but all big clubs have this .

@ Crazy Bones about Arsenal youth policy

It is example to smaller who cant spend big and to big how to get the player at a lower cost. As a matter of fact you are right big clubs are already using the mixture of it. Why else would players like Camacho, Balotelli, Jovetic and others be on top clubs transfer lists.

Final thought:

ManU and similar clubs find it hard to buy a player cheaply because when they come for him his price rises.

Correct as soon as any player linked to any ofus you can bet the price goes up quite a few million ,also i know what you meant by youth ,since Rafa came to the club he has started a great youth policy buying quite a lot towards hopefully the clubs future ,thats why i would like to see him given more time but in todays world its far different to when Sir Matt Busby and Shanks came on the scene ,patience was a virtue ,now its non existent in the prem .:)

Its an English trait Zazoon ' date='they dont mean Man utd are Glory hunters they mean so many of there fans ,but all big clubs have this .

[/quote']

Even better because I'm here to represent ManU not their fans. Red Devils Advocate!:D

And you said that all big clubs have this. It is so much easier to support successful team!:P:D