GRAND SLAM SUNDAY - Man utd Vs Liverpool & Chelsea Vs Arsenal

Re: GRAND SLAM SUNDAY - Man utd Vs Liverpool & Chelsea Vs Arsenal

Football is unpredictable...nething can happen but united wont lose 2-0 at old trafford lol..thts goin over the top. If arbeloa does end up playing....hmmm....he may be in for a treat as well...frm "YOU KNOW WHO" playing an offensive right positon. He hasnt been at all convincing (Arbeloa)...he has been pretty gd at RB but he was wreckless at CB. But if Arbeloa does end up playing RB...Will be interesting to see;

Ronaldo VS Arbeloa.

Also is liverpool really going to keep a clean sheet with that defence? Arbeloa carragher Skrtel Aurelio (Maybe Riise). And man utd concede 2 with theirs? Brown Ferdinand Vidic Evra. Again just my opinions.

Good Lord!!!!!:eek: :eek:

u really think it'll be 2-0 that too @ Old trafford??:eek: :eek:

if it was anfield then too i wouldn't go by that score...:P :p :P

talk bout over optimism!!:P :p :P

I see arrogance in the ranks of the United fans once again :rolleyes:

Ahwell. Sunday will show us.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: GRAND SLAM SUNDAY - Man utd Vs Liverpool & Chelsea Vs Arsenal From what I have read on this thread ManU fans interpret statements from certain L'pool fans about spending big money and buying

Re: GRAND SLAM SUNDAY - Man utd Vs Liverpool & Chelsea Vs Arsenal Well here are my thoughts.... it wa 3-0 because of the red card regardless who u support thats obvious and even die hard Man Utd

We aren't playing with a four man defense my friend' date=' we are playing with a six man defense. Skrtel and Arbeloa are one of the best defenders around in the EPL, especially Skrtel, a hard-worker with brilliant tackles and speed. Aurelio will terrorize Man United's wing, and Brown will have a very hard time marking Babel.

Even Vidic and Ferdinand won't handle Torres and Gerrard. A two goal win is possible my friend, and we will do so at Old Trafford.[/quote']

ha ha ha ..

6 man defence??

the formation would be?

--------------------------GK-------------------------------------

Rb------------Rb------Cb--------Cb-----------Lb-------------Lb

-----------------Cm-----------Cm--------------------------------

-----------------------Am----------------------------------------

----------------------- F----------------------------------------

eh?? ha ha

and u can have all 11 playing in Defence or maybe park a BUS in front of the goal but still i think RONNEY,TEVEZ and RONALDO will break u don't and get atleast 1 past u..

ha ha ha ..

6 man defence??

the formation would be?

Rb------------Rb------Cb--------Cb-----------Lb-------------Lb

-----------------Cm-----------Cm--------------------------------

-----------------------Am----------------------------------------

----------------------- F----------------------------------------

eh?? ha ha

and u can have all 11 playing in Defence or maybe park a BUS in front of the goal but still i think RONNEY' date='TEVEZ and RONALDO will break u don't and get atleast 1 past u..[/quote']

------------Rb------Cb--------Cb-----------Lb-------------

------DW-------------------------------------------DW

-------------------Cm-----------Cm--------------------------------

--------------------------Am----------------------------------------

-------------------------- F----------------------------------------

Most probs

We aren't playing with a four man defense my friend' date=' we are playing with a six man defense. Skrtel and Arbeloa are one of the best defenders around in the EPL, especially Skrtel, a hard-worker with brilliant tackles and speed. Aurelio will terrorize Man United's wing, and Brown will have a very hard time marking Babel.

Even Vidic and Ferdinand won't handle Torres and Gerrard. A two goal win is possible my friend, and we will do so at Old Trafford.[/quote']

Claiming Skrtel and Arbeloa are one of the best defenders in the EPL is slanderous ! :eek:

How many seasons BETWEEN them have they knocked up in the EPL ? Neither have been on Electric form and i can remember Skrtels first few games having mistakes all over shop ( not loads ). Arbeloa has established himself as one of Liverpools starting players but his competition is'nt all that great is it ?

Skrtel has played a handful of games this year and by no means has he proven himself i can easily list better defenders that are proven in the epl. Brown, Ferdinand, Vidic and Evra being four of them.

You claim that Vidic and ferdinand wont be able to handle Gerrard and Torres, will your team be able to handle Rooney, Tevez, Ronaldo, not to mention all their other attacking options.

Aurelio has been a prem flop imo, put in a good performance here and there, not to the standard of a CL team, and he will certainly not terrorise united wing as he will have to be wary of Uniteds wing play.

There is arrogance on both sides, but United have something to be arrogant over, Pool are a two man team at times, there performances in CL are great, they scrape by in the epl, united win imo

Should be a great day with a lot to play for, as all sides are playing for something. Manchester Untied, Arsenal and Chelsea are all battling to be the English Premier League Champions and Liverpool are fighting to secure that 4th spot ahead of Everton. Although i think Liverpool will get 4th and Arsenal will get 1st. :D

Predictions :

Chelsea 1-1 Arsenal

Man Utd 2-1 Liverpool

Anyone though see Man Utd's line up tonight?? Not showing Bolton much respect' date='here it is..

Kuszczak

Pique

Vidic

O'Shea

Hargreaves

Fletcher

Ronaldo

Anderson

Nani

Tevez

Saha[/quote']

Obviously saving the best for Sunday

Its not a bad team, you should give your fringe players a game every now and then....Thats nearly the team that knocked out Arsenal in the Cup..

lets inject some stats into this thread.

grandslamsunday800x600_609659.jpg

This the EPL form table of the last eight games for all 20 sides going into grand slam Sunday.

untitled.jpg

As you can see, despite being the lowest of the four sides in the table, Liverpool are the form team in the EPL. they have won 6 out of their last 8, including 5 in a row. However, it is a different story for Arsenal. They have one once in 5 matches, and drawn their last four, leaving them fifth in the form table.

Also, this is the big four H2H table for this season so far (excluding cup games), and I did this table myself btw.

Team Pld W D L F A GD Pts

Manchester United 3 2 1 0 3 2 1 7

Arsenal 3 1 2 0 4 3 1 5

Liverpool 4 0 3 1 1 3 -2 3

Arsenal 4 0 2 1 2 3 -1 2

So by the looks of it, Manchester United and Arsenal have the advantages over their main rivals interms of head to head. Here are the last 3 results, in all competitions, of these sides when they have played each other.

Manchester United v Liverpool

Liverpool 0-1 Manchester United EPL

Liverpool 0-1 Manchester United EPL

Manchester United 2-0 Liverpool EPL

Manchester United wins 3

Liverpool wins 0

Draws 0

Chelsea v Arsenal

Arsenal 1-0 Chelsea EPL

Chelsea 2-1 Arsenal Carling Cup final

Chelsea 1-1Arsenal EPL

Arsenal wins 1

Chelsea wins 1

Draws 1

So the scene is set nicely. My predictions are:

Man Utd 2-0 Liverpool

Chelsea 1-0 Arsenal

If Im honest my confidence wasnt good at all about Sunday until I just read this thread and saw Adams comments, if anyone has a quick flick through his old posts about Liverpool especially there results hes always been about 99% wrong :D

so my confidence has just flew up a bit ;)

Man Utd fans are confident and so they should be they are excellent at home and Liverpool will have to be at there total best to try and contain them, the other thing LFC's main threat in Torres will be slightly lower as his pace wont cause Rio as much problems as most defenders.

realisticly tho Man Utd's subs / squad players cost more than 90% of our main players, now Utd fans can try and avoid and skip around that fact as much as they like and as much as they always try to but compare this... Man Utd's difference in players cost to ours is probably a bigger gap then say Liverpools to the bottom clubs in the EPL.

This is the team I would like to see-

----------Foster--------------

Brown---Ferdinand---Vidic-----Evra

Ronaldo---Scholes---Anderson---Nani

--------Tevez----Rooney----

But I am sure that's not the team Fergie will play. He might play this

Ronaldo---Scholes---Flecther---Giggs

Predictions

Man United- 1 (Scholes)

Liverpool-0

Chelsea- 0

Arsenal-0

This is the team I would like to see-

Ronaldo---Scholes---Anderson---Nani

But I am sure that's not the team Fergie will play. He might play this

Ronaldo---Scholes---Flecther---Giggs

Predictions

Man United- 1 (Scholes)

Liverpool-0

Chelsea- 0

Arsenal-0

i cant see hargreaves & carrick both missing from the line up.

Grand_Slam_Sunday_Teaser_733500.jpg

CHELSEA'S BIG THREE TROUBLE

26 Nov 06

Manchester Utd : 1-1

Away -Draw

10 Dec 06

Arsenal : 1-1

Home -Draw

20 Jan 07

Liverpool : 0-2

Away - Lost

6 May 07

Arsenal : 1-1

Away -Draw

9 May 07

Manchester United : 0-0

Home -Draw

19 Aug 07

Liverpool : 1-1

Away - Draw

23 Sep 07

Manchester United : 0-2

Away -Lost

16 Dec 07

Arsenal : 0-1

Away - Lost

10 Feb 08

Liverpool : 0-0

Home - Draw

As u can see Chelsea have been pretty sad against the other three teams(manu, arsenal and liverpool) but Arseanl have been pretty sad off late and, as we all now Chelsea are always strong at home. So i'm gonna go for a Chelsea win ;)

My scores: Manu 2-1 L'pool

Scorers:

Manu- Tevez and Scholes(keep an eye on him. I have a feeling he'll have a great game ;)

Liverpool- Torres

Cheslea 1-0 Arsenal

Scorers:

Chelsea- Lampard or Cole ;)

But Arsenal have not been great off late and that gives chelsea a much better chance to try and win this. ;)

So scores for this game will be either 1-1 or 1-0 (to chelsea). But i'll go for the latter :D

Here is the big four table:-

BIG FOUR TABLE - 2007/08

Manutd- 7 points

Arsenal-5 points

L'pool- 3 points

Chelsea- 2 points ;)

This'll most probs be fergie's team IMO

Kuskzack

Brown Vidic Ferdinand Evra

Hargreaves

Ronaldo Scholes Carrick Giggs

Rooney

cos usually in big games he'll play 5 in midfeild for extra strength. however i'd like to see us with 2 up front, (tevez in 4 hargreaves) and really go at liverpool. we beat them at anfield, and the last time one of the big 4, (soon to be big 3) came to old trafford, we hammered arsenal 4-0. teams are scared to come to old trafford, and rafa would be delighted with a point. like all middle rate clubs, they'll play defensive at the theatre of dreams, and united will pick the apart.

my prediction

Man Utd 3 Ronaldo 2, Rooney

Liverpool 0

torres marked out the game by vidic and ferdinand

Grand_Slam_Sunday_Teaser_733500.jpg

MAN UTD VS LIVERPOOL

I THINK THIS

MAN UTD 1 - 2 LIVERPOOL

Scorer - Ronaldo

Scorers - Torres, Gerrard

Liverpool have great form while Utd seem to be scrapping points and no fan can disagree after the Derby match i think Liverpool will win this but it will be close.