GRAND SLAM SUNDAY - Man utd Vs Liverpool & Chelsea Vs Arsenal

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: GRAND SLAM SUNDAY - Man utd Vs Liverpool & Chelsea Vs Arsenal From what I have read on this thread ManU fans interpret statements from certain L'pool fans about spending big money and buying

Re: GRAND SLAM SUNDAY - Man utd Vs Liverpool & Chelsea Vs Arsenal Well here are my thoughts.... it wa 3-0 because of the red card regardless who u support thats obvious and even die hard Man Utd

Re: GRAND SLAM SUNDAY - Man utd Vs Liverpool & Chelsea Vs Arsenal

A bit harsh on Cole and Lamps' date='no what I think annoys you is that you where beating by a better team today.I don't think it's fair that when Chelsea lose they get critised and when we win,we get people like you throwing the "bought the league thing" in our face,I only hear it though when Chelsea perform..[/quote']

Why would that annoy me when i clearly told you the fact we outplayed you most of the game is what annoyed me?

yeah well i think Frank Lampard looks like this ok..

lampardandrewsilcox-toe.jpg

This is getting silly now...and this comming from a 14 year old.... i was liking the debate on the match now but come on.. saying adebayor looks like this and lampard looks like this....Immature if u ask me.

So what if Chelsea reply on Drogba?? Man utd rely on Ronaldo and teams like inter on ibra and barca on messi and roma on totti etc etc.

Drogba has been injured most season and that does not mean that hes poor. Hes one of the best striker in the world in top form and today we saw the real Drogba

No he isn't in top form thats the thing, he's missed a lot of games this season.:confused:

Arsenal fans can criticize nearly every team for spending as we never do it' date=' Chelsea did it too much, don't disagree ;)[/quote']

I know what you saying but at the same time they haven't won anything for years(Arsenal),I don't think clubs should be criticized for money spending,in fact quite the opposite..

I know what you saying but at the same time they haven't won anything for years(Arsenal)' date='I don't think clubs should be criticized for money spending,in fact quite the opposite..[/quote']

I agree so what if chelsea spend money?? they still won like 2 prem and Fa etc i dont think Arsenal won anything.

Arsenal might have good youth and players who are young and have energy but end of the season etc they wont be playing the same football over and over agaiin the experience will be needed and from buying most big players you will get it i hope you know what i mean im not the best in explain stuff :P

Ye im tired of United and Chelsea getting criticized of spending big.. the fact is

It gets the club somewhere!

If Arsenal doesn't wana spend big and stay 2nd,3rd,4th and trophyless for 2 years time until their so called young stars grow into League winning players then thats their decision.... Just dont hate.

Ye im tired of United and Chelsea getting criticized of spending big.. the fact is

It gets the club somewhere!

If Arsenal doesn't wana spend big and stay 2nd' date='3rd,4th and trophyless for 2 years time until their so called young stars grow into League winning players then thats their decision.... Just dont hate.[/quote']

I agree typical Arsenal if they cant/want to spend big then they should stop critizeing other teams who do and win atleast something

Anyway I'm gonna talk about the earlier game now:D ,It was clear to me that Man Utd have the league even before the second game was played,Liverpool I know some decisions went against them,but they didn't get on with it,they where 1-0 before Mascherano got sent off and he deserved it,he was on a yellow and he was moaning at the ref far too often after that,he must have ran over 30 yards to get into the refs face,while on a yellow,he let Liverpool down,Man Utd played well and Liverpool came back down to earth a little,after people saying they could finish 3rd,In the summer their should invest in two creative wingers,and we where talking about clubs relying on players,Torres and Gerrard are more important for Liverpool than any other player in the league is to their clubs,Man Utd have creativity all over the park,Rooney,Tevez,Scholes,Nani,Ronaldo,really to make it exciting Chelsea must beat them in a few weeks,but I have a feeling Man Utd could end Chelsea's long long unbeaten home run:(

I agree typical Arsenal if they cant/want to spend big then they should stop critizeing other teams who do and win atleast something

Ya that's their choice and good luck to them,all clubs try to do what's best for them,spending money/not spending money debates after teams win/lose gets boring to be honest,when I supported Chelsea when we had little/no money to spend I never moaned about clubs that did..

Arsenal are one of the richest clubs in the world,funnily enough when Wenger has spent big it normally went wrong for him,Reyes,Jeffers are tow examples,he might be one of these coaches who fears to spend big as well.

I dont think there is anything wrong with spending far from it, I just dont agree with fans who say that isnt the reason for success, for example the list Kieth just did on Man Utd's create players.. and they cost how much?

our best 2 players which as you mention we rely on, Gerrard obviously same through the ranks but Torres cost how much?? class players cost a fair sum of money, money which Liverpool have never had until the yanks took over and we have made 2 big signings under them we was a family run club so never spent that cash.

Man Utd have spent loads and over 3 seasons have built an amazing side which plays amazing football and they have a world class manager, im not doubting that although for some reason the man utd fans will try and spin it to a negative.

I would love nothing more than if Liverpool went out with bucket loads of cash and signed loads of world class players, but say Rafa was given 200mil, went out signed a few world class players for 30mil + then managed to win the league with them... what would that be down to? the money I dont see how it cant be.

as for todays game, the 2nd booking for masch although I think it was deserved still can be debated, I know he ran to the ref from 30 yards (something ive seen rooney do countless times) but the thing he said to the ref was "what was that for" meaning the yellow for Torres (you know the yellow he got for being kicked to the floor).

we all know why Torres, Rio and Masch got those bookings and was nothing to do with todays match there has been a massive fuss lately about how players behave on the pitch so now all of a sudden 4 days later in one of the biggest matches the ref decides to impose a NEW rule as players have not been getting booked for that stuff all season they only get booked for desent / abuse which Masch or Torres did neither.

I agree refs should start booking players for doing what Masch did what I dont agree with is doing it out of the blue, it should be a rule imposed from the start of a season so everyone knows the situation and is on a level playing field not just added with 8 games left of a season , and I wonder how many players / managers were informed that players are not allowed to ask the ref a question anymore (you can argue masch's but not Torres).

fact is the Refs in England are a joke, everyone knows this so do Man Utd fans when they lose (Pompey game) although when they win refs are not so bad anymore.

that same ref in a few matches time will let some other player (maybe even a Liverpool one) get away with the EXACT same things they got booked for today, the consistancy is a joke and needs to be sorted out

Anyway I'm gonna talk about the earlier game now:D ' date='It was clear to me that Man Utd have the league even before the second game was played,Liverpool I know some decisions went against them,but they didn't get on with it,they where 1-0 before Mascherano got sent off and he deserved it,[b']he was on a yellow and he was moaning at the ref far too often after that,he must have ran over 30 yards to get into the refs face[/b],while on a yellow,he let Liverpool down,Man Utd played well and Liverpool came back down to earth a little,after people saying they could finish 3rd,In the summer their should invest in two creative wingers,and we where talking about clubs relying on players,Torres and Gerrard are more important for Liverpool than any other player in the league is to their clubs,Man Utd have creativity all over the park,Rooney,Tevez,Scholes,Nani,Ronaldo,really to make it exciting Chelsea must beat them in a few weeks,but I have a feeling Man Utd could end Chelsea's long long unbeaten home run:(

In relation to what I have highlighted......

Chelsea players are the worst candidates for running miles to get in a ref's face and they hardly ever get booked, I very rarely see any Liverpool players doing this...

I think in defense of Mascherano, he and other LFC players were very annoyed by Torres getting roughed up. It was a great game plan to niggle at Torres as it made him very ineffective. I believe he was getting, for lack of a better word, bullied and LFC players didn't like it, it was just taken too far by Mascherano and he was silly.

Liverpool would have been more effective with Masche than without him and I think they would have got back into the game, they were woeful before he was sent off and worse after, they would of been better with him though...Would of had a chance!

Chelsea players are the worst candidates for running miles to get in a ref's face and they hardly ever get booked' date=' I very rarely see any Liverpool players doing this...

I think in defense of Mascherano, he and other LFC players were very annoyed by Torres getting roughed up. It was a great game plan to niggle at Torres as it made him very ineffective. [b']I believe he was getting, for lack of a better word, bullied and LFC players didn't like it[/b], it was just taken too far by Mascherano and he was silly.

Liverpool would have been more effective with Masche than without him and I think they would have got back into the game, they were woeful before he was sent off and worse after, they would of been better with him though...Would of had a chance!

Lol.... i just want to say from the first whistle ALL manu players that had the ball was getting bullied and taken out for a good 20 - 30 minutes of the first half so if Torres was getting bullied, which i didn't see, he proberly deserved it for the tackles on the united players to begin with.

EDIT: Maybe i over exagerated with tackles but there was surely 1 or 2 very untimed tackles... but the point is liverpool players were VERY rough at getting the ball at any means necessary which was giving a blind eye to by the ref a few times.

All said and done at the end of the day the team which deserves to win the EPL (Man Utd) are going to win it imo.

Arsenal at there best prob play better football although only slightly as Man Utd play some excellent stuff them selves especially at home.

Man Utd seem to have something the other 2 dont,

Man Utd have a battle / fight in them which Arsenal lack at times mainly due to lack of experience.

and over Chelsea Man Utd seem to be able to slice through teams much easier were Chelsea have to battle for goals more.

Liverpool are lacking behind all 3 mainly due to lack of quality in there squad

Chelsea players are the worst candidates for running miles to get in a ref's face and they hardly ever get booked' date=' I very rarely see any Liverpool players doing this...

I think in defense of Mascherano, he and other LFC players were very annoyed by Torres getting roughed up. It was a great game plan to niggle at Torres as it made him very ineffective. I believe he was getting, for lack of a better word, bullied and LFC players didn't like it, it was just taken too far by Mascherano and he was silly.

Liverpool would have been more effective with Masche than without him and I think they would have got back into the game, they were woeful before he was sent off and worse after, they would of been better with him though...Would of had a chance![/quote']

This isn't about Chelsea,it's about Mascherano,who didn't let anything go,he kept at almost as if he wanted to get sent off,Just get on with it,Torres booking was nothing to do with him,Alonso tried to pull him back,and then he wouldn't even leave the pitch,If I was a fan of Liverpool,I would be angry,he let the club and his fans down..

All said and done at the end of the day the team which deserves to win the EPL (Man Utd) are going to win it imo.

Arsenal at there best prob play better football although only slightly as Man Utd play some excellent stuff them selves especially at home.

Man Utd seem to have something the other 2 dont' date='

Man Utd have a battle / fight in them which Arsenal lack at times mainly due to lack of experience.

and over Chelsea Man Utd seem to be able to slice through teams much easier were Chelsea have to battle for goals more.

Liverpool are lacking behind all 3 mainly due to lack of quality in there squad[/quote']

I tend to agree,Scholes for me was outstanding today and I think he's still the best midfielder in the league.