GRAND SLAM SUNDAY - Man utd Vs Liverpool & Chelsea Vs Arsenal

Re: GRAND SLAM SUNDAY - Man utd Vs Liverpool & Chelsea Vs Arsenal

He put Anelka and Belletti on and Drogba scored within seconds with either of them in sight, they did nothing and Avram Grant did nothing either. Danny Williams

This is a brilliant quote,Belletti took the free knocked it into Anelka who set up Drogba brilliantly to make it 2-1!! I can't say much more to that..:eek:

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: GRAND SLAM SUNDAY - Man utd Vs Liverpool & Chelsea Vs Arsenal From what I have read on this thread ManU fans interpret statements from certain L'pool fans about spending big money and buying

Re: GRAND SLAM SUNDAY - Man utd Vs Liverpool & Chelsea Vs Arsenal Well here are my thoughts.... it wa 3-0 because of the red card regardless who u support thats obvious and even die hard Man Utd

This isn't about Chelsea' date='it's about Mascherano,who didn't let anything go,he kept at almost as if he wanted to get sent off,Just get on with it,Torres booking was nothing to do with him,Alonso tried to pull him back,and then he wouldn't even leave the pitch,If I was a fan of Liverpool,I would be angry,he let the club and his fans down..[/quote']

totaly agree, when Masch got the red I was going mad at him and not the ref. if it didnt sound so stupid I would say I thought he was trying to get sent off I mean from his 1st booking onwards thats what it seemed like to me.

I mean Torres gets booked for speaking to the ref so masch runs over and does the same thing. the ref was poor today but Masch surely realised this and should have stayed away it was sooooooo obvious what was going to happen.

he let Liverpool down big time and his antics after the red were a disgrace imo and should be handed a longer ban.

but having said everything he has been excellent since he signed for us and everyone is allowed a mistake im sure he will learn from this, ive seen Keane / Vieira and co get just as wound up in such games.

This isn't about Chelsea' date='it's about Mascherano,who didn't let anything go,he kept at almost as if he wanted to get sent off,Just get on with it,Torres booking was nothing to do with him,Alonso tried to pull him back,and then he wouldn't even leave the pitch,If I was a fan of Liverpool,I would be angry,he let the club and his fans down..[/quote']

My opinion is pointless then.....?

I was making an example of times that it has happened with nothing done about it...It happens all the time for Chelsea IMO and they don't get sent off...

I was commenting on consistency of refereeing and not directly aimed at Chelsea TBH. Man Utd(just for you knox) do it also but not as much as Chelsea thats all.....

He deserved to get set off and I was saying he is not the first one to do it....Others get away with it...I was making comments to defend him slightly , Sorry!

I tend to agree' date='Scholes for me was outstanding today and I think he's still the best midfielder in the league.[/quote']

Always rated Scholes I think hes an amazing player one of the best to grace the EPL.

its a shame he missed alot of time through that injury, most people thought his career was over but just look what hes done since he come back.

Hes also a great professional and an excellent example to youngsters

I was making an example of times that it has happened with nothing done about it...It happens all the time for Chelsea IMO and they don't get sent off...

I was commenting on consistency of refereeing and not directly aimed at Chelsea TBH. Man Utd(just for you knox) do it also but not as much as Chelsea thats all.....

He deserved to get set off and I was saying he is not the first one to do it....Others get away with it...I was making comments to defend him slightly ' date=' Sorry![/quote']

thats 100% true and what I was getting at earlier... even Man Utd fans must admit Rooney and Ronaldo chase down the ref no end of times during a season and dont get any bookings.

Always rated Scholes I think hes an amazing player one of the best to grace the EPL.

its a shame he missed alot of time through that injury' date=' most people thought his career was over but just look what hes done since he come back.

Hes also a great professional and an excellent example to youngsters[/quote']

Was amazing for England, I think he retired too early, although Man Utd have reaped the rewards of this....

He is and has been quality for a long time....

He deserved to get set off and I was saying he is not the first one to do it....Others get away with it...I was making comments to defend him slightly ' date=' Sorry![/quote']

Ya I know what you mean,but Mascherano(who by the way has been outstanding this season) went on and on,it was consistent,he had a go at the linesman as well,he was an a yellow for a bad lunge and I picked out about 5 incidents after that,at been in the refs face,and the last one,where he ran 30 yards to get involved was stupid,Rafa defended him,but I can assure you privately he will kill him!

Ya I know what you mean' date='but Mascherano(who by the way has been outstanding this season) went on and on,it was consistent,he had a go at the linesman as well,he was an a yellow for a bad lunge and I picked out about 5 incidents after that,at been in the refs face,and the last one,where he ran 30 yards to get involved was stupid,Rafa defended him,but I can assure you privately he will kill him![/quote']

and the Torres booking? and Rio got booked for the same thing.

all 3 got booked because ......

On another day, he would undoubtedly have gone unpunished, but in a week when the treatment of officials has filled the back pages, it was perhaps unsurprising to see the man in black reach for his pocket.

and the Torres booking? and Rio got booked for the same thing.

all 3 got booked because ......

On another day' date=' he would undoubtedly have gone unpunished, but in a week when the treatment of officials has filled the back pages, it was perhaps unsurprising to see the man in black reach for his pocket. [/b']

Oh I agree but he should of known and the ref would have warned him,Torres booking was a little harsh,he wasn't going spare

I think the referee spoilt the game when he gave Masch the red card.

I don't why he gave him a red

he deserved a red 100% I just wish the refs would be consitant with it.

even before he chased him 30 yards he had a go at the ref about 5 times he was pushing his luck well before the ref imo

First of all my Son was right and i was wrong .

My Son said Utd would beat us today and i said they wouldnt ,they would score first but we would beat them 2-1 .

At least i got the ammount of goals correct .:D

Yes of course if we had 11 men on the pitch it may have been different but its still a we will never know question .

What we do know is United won 3-0 ,yes the first two goals were our own GK errors ,but the third was a cracker ,its no good saying that with 11 men Nani wouldnt have had that space and chance because by then we would have still been losing to the only goal or both because they were not caused by 10 men but gk blunders so the game would still have been opened up plus subs may have been diff for us as well .

Nope even with us only having 10 men dont blame united lads whooping it up ,i would if it had happened in our favour ,dosnt matter all the excuses or reasons we would all like a win against each other no matter how it came about .

Mascherano sending off ,fully deserved let his team down and us fans ,also i blame the skipper and Rafa .

From when he got booked he kept Questioning Bennett every time someone commited a foul ,well with the Rep the ref has he could have actually gave him a red long before he did ,me and my lad could see long before he was given his marching orders that if he didnt shut it what the outcome was ,so Stevie G and Rafa should have picked up on this as well and sorted him and his head out in time .

But i also hope after seeing Torres booked for dissent ,which has come more to the fore this week through the media of Ashly Cole the other night that it means it will be something all Refs will be doing to all players who do the same ,not just certain ones ,there trying in schools football that only the Skipper can ask the ref ,typical only we English can get it wrong way round ,Adults are supposed to set the example for children not the other way round .

Then again some of the older players are worse than kids with the spoilt tantrums they throw .:D

Why cant they just say at the start of next season that only team captain can question ref decisions ,if a player does then he gets a yellow or concedes 10yds or even fetch in a sin bin like rugby so they have time to calm down and reflect there behaviour .

:)

@ Neller

1. How are you m8?! Recovered from todays loss I can see. Later posts much better. Cool head really helps!:P :p :D

2. Glad we can agree on ManU deserving to win. That was the main aim of my last post - to cut down excuses in the shape of that red card. Not that it really matters that much but still. And you showed that L'pool fans can stay realistic even when defeated. It should be a guideline for all ManU fans who were mentioned so many times today in a negative context.:)

3. I'm not a HC Reddevil. I cannot be because it would be unnatural considering where I live and the fact that I never watched them outside my TV.:) It is just that I like them to win against opposition that comes outside my country.:)

4. And about crying about money spent

Abramovichs, xovichs, Glazers, yers, hicks and zicks aren't likable to me. Not in English football not in Croatian...

Te fact that one filthy rich man can come and turn one football club from average to worlds exclusive really spoils things for me.

Chelsea is a perfect example of that. They have lost millions during last 2-3 seasons and still that didn't affect them as much as it should.

Clubs that are generating money and buy players are acceptable for me because you have to buy quality players to stay competitive. Some clubs and managers are doing it with greater success than others. Wenger also collects players from all around the world, "steals" young talents

from other big clubs. He is doing it wisely, while they are so young and their value is almost nothing. But other clubs don't have to be ashamed if they are buying expensive players as long as they are successful. (But I must repeat here that billionaires buying clubs and players for ridiculous money does not belong here):)

I have a good opinion about L'pool and when those guys bought it I was not particularly happy. But they invested some cash in it and you have a solid squad there. Babel, Torres, Mascherano, Lucas (not sure if he came this season), Skrtel... they were all bought so you can't say that you weren't spending. It is necessary but I find it more acceptable when it doesn't come from a bank account of a billionaire. And half of them are criminals which adds to this not liking them and what they do.

5. I actually admire Liverpool for their fighting spirit but if they could play a bit more attractive it would be a big +.:) And believe it or not when I hear you never walk alone before the game it really leaves an impression on me. Croatian supporters sang Croatian national anthem before the game with Brazil on WC 2006.

you know what I'm talking about:D

6. ManU was better today and hope they win the EPL:p :D

@ Neller

1. How are you m8?! Recovered from todays loss I can see. Later posts much better. Cool head really helps!

2. Glad we can agree on ManU deserving to win. That was the main aim of my last post - to cut down excuses in the shape of that red card. Not that it really matters that much but still. And you showed that L'pool fans can stay realistic even when defeated. It should be a guideline for all ManU fans who were mentioned so many times today in a negative context.

3. I'm not a HC Reddevil. I cannot be because it would be unnatural considering where I live and the fact that I never watched them outside my TV. It is just that I like them to win against opposition that comes outside my country.

4. And about crying about money spent

Abramovichs' date=' xovichs, Glazers, yers, hicks and zicks aren't likable to me. Not in English football not in Croatian...

Te fact that one filthy rich man can come and turn one football club from average to worlds exclusive really spoils things for me.

Chelsea is a perfect example of that. They have lost millions during last 2-3 seasons and still that didn't affect them as much as it should.

Clubs that are generating money and buy players are acceptable for me because you have to buy quality players to stay competitive. Some clubs and managers are doing it with greater success than others. Wenger also collects players from all around the world, "steals" young talents

from other big clubs. He is doing it wisely, while they are so young and their value is almost nothing. But other clubs don't have to be ashamed if they are buying expensive players as long as they are successful. (But I must repeat here that billionaires buying clubs and players for ridiculous money does not belong here):)

I have a good opinion about L'pool and when those guys bought it I was not particularly happy. But they invested some cash in it and you have a solid squad there. Babel, Torres, Mascherano, Lucas (not sure if he came this season), Skrtel... they were all bought so you can't say that you weren't spending. It is necessary but I find it more acceptable when it doesn't come from a bank account of a billionaire. And half of them are criminals which adds to this not liking them and what they do.

5. I actually admire Liverpool for their fighting spirit but if they could play a bit more attractive it would be a big +.:) And believe it or not when I hear you never walk alone before the game it really leaves an impression on me. Croatian supporters sang Croatian national anthem before the game with Brazil on WC 2006.

[url']

[/url]

you know what I'm talking about:D

6. ManU was better today and hope they win the EPL:p :D

excellent post mate, I always had a cool head I have a calm temper just like Mascherano :P as I always pretty much knew the result even before the match (maybe Mascherano did and thats why he ranted off the field so bad) just ask my dad how negative I was before the game at his house and im not usually :)

I thought we would lose 2-0, we lost 3-0 no big deal so i wasnt really that down as I was expecting it. with or without the sending off I thought Man Utd was always going to win that match BUT I dont agree with the people saying the red card didnt make a difference because the same people was saying LFC only beat Inter Milan because Inter had 10 men (it cant work both ways).

Liverpool have spent money on players granted but its a whole different ball park to Man Utd if you add up both sides today including subs Man Utd's cost about 100mil more, now thats a MASSIVE gap it really is in terms of class.

Just think quite a few man utd's squad players cost 12million + , we dont have 1 single player that cost more than 12 million other than Torres.

thats not counting the few players who cost even more than that , Tevez, Rooney, Harg, Carrick, Rio, Nani, Anderson.

Im not calling Man Utd for signing them I mean who bloody wouldnt but I just dont agree with Man Utd fans who deny it being a factor when comparing there side to ours.

totaly agree about the attractive football its the one thing ive moaned about for the last 8 years with Liverpool and the reason I give Man Utd and Arsenal credit as imo they play football how everyone should.

I use the cash thing against Man Utd because its mainly them who say we should be challenging them for the title every season and saying we should sack Rafa and I dont agree with any of them as I pointed out the gulf hes trying to close is biggggggg

1st the MATCH -

Well as i expected MANCHESTER UNITED WON!!!!!!!!!!!!! B) :cool: B)

But it wasn't just a WIN it was DOMINATION... not 1 not 2 But we Scored 3 past a Liverpool team which looked like a bunch of babies in front of MAN UTD!!!!!:P :p :P

Liverpool were not in the game ever since the Start. And it was a AWFUL performance by them. I think it was Manchester United's Class and Our Managers MASTERMIND that did the trick for us. We completely dominated the match from start to finish and everyone witnessed a Liverpool POUNDING.

P.S - This is just what i m feeling rite now so plz don't try to prove me wrong because most of the above thing is DAMNN TRUE!!!!!

o.k now

GAMEPLAY -

All i could read in the ENTIRE thread was "DIVING, Cheating , Refree in the Pocket" that's all... In Short "LIVERPOOL fans MOANING about their Poor Display"

I wanna talk about Diving o.k let's talk.

ROONEY!!! he could had easily gone down in the 6th min when Carragher tackled from Behind and clipped his legs. Did Rooney go down? NO!!!!!!!! Instead he stood on his Feet and as a RESULT prevented a CERTAIN PENLATY [Goal coz ronaldo would had blasted it :D ] and also a CERTAIN RED CARD coz Jamie was the last defender and was no way near the BALL.

RONALDO!!! i'll tell u the problem with this Player. He had a Image of going down too easily and maybe diving a bit too. but that was Early in his carrer But Now U people don't wanna accept the FACT that he is Currently the "WORLD's BEST PLAYER" without a shadow of a doubt and just wanna criticize him coz you are purely Jealous of him. He is one of the fastest Players in the world [if not the fastest] and has one of the quickest Feet in the GAME today. U can see his running technique carefully when he Sprints his whole Balance is on his TOES and if there's even a Minor touch it's obvious for him to lose his balance and that's what u people call "DIVE" yeah rite... he may have dived previously but yesterday. Sorry i didn't see any kind of diving from him.

Speaking of Diving MASCHERANO!!!!!!! this guy flew onto Scholes' Feet early in the match as if he was SUPERMAN and got booked DESEREDLY... and then got into the Ref's face again and again and as it stands he chewed more than he could swallow and he was OFF but what the Spurs Vs Chelsea game and the Ashley Cole incident with the REF i thought the Ref was within his rights to do so..

I mean Show some respect to the ref for crying out loud... he has a work to do there and it'll be much better if the players co-operated.

so that's all wanted to say and ya that guy named TORRES and the other guy GERRARD were these 2 even playing Yesterday??:P :p

Great result for Manu and Chelsea. Both matches were good. Even after the red liverpool showed great spirit. They will get the 4th spot as long as they don't lose to Everton next week.

Btw i agree that money plays a role in winning titles. But you can't expect teams not to spend money if they have it and you can't criticize them for doing so.

excellent post mate' date=' I always had a cool head I have a calm temper just like Mascherano :P as I always pretty much knew the result even before the match (maybe Mascherano did and thats why he ranted off the field so bad) just ask my dad how negative I was before the game at his house and im not usually :)

I thought we would lose 2-0, we lost 3-0 no big deal so i wasnt really that down as I was expecting it. with or without the sending off I thought Man Utd was always going to win that match [b']BUT I dont agree with the people saying the red card didnt make a difference because the same people was saying LFC only beat Inter Milan because Inter had 10 men (it cant work both ways).[/b]

Liverpool have spent money on players granted but its a whole different ball park to Man Utd if you add up both sides today including subs Man Utd's cost about 100mil more, now thats a MASSIVE gap it really is in terms of class.

Just think quite a few man utd's squad players cost 12million + , we dont have 1 single player that cost more than 12 million other than Torres.

thats not counting the few players who cost even more than that , Tevez, Rooney, Harg, Carrick, Rio, Nani, Anderson.

Im not calling Man Utd for signing them I mean who bloody wouldnt but I just dont agree with Man Utd fans who deny it being a factor when comparing there side to ours.

totaly agree about the attractive football its the one thing ive moaned about for the last 8 years with Liverpool and the reason I give Man Utd and Arsenal credit as imo they play football how everyone should.

I use the cash thing against Man Utd because its mainly them who say we should be challenging them for the title every season and saying we should sack Rafa and I dont agree with any of them as I pointed out the gulf hes trying to close is biggggggg

I ain't saying it did not make a difference. BUT i do realy get ****** when people start saying the refree's are bias towards us. "If it was a manu player he would never have got send off !!!!". People even go to the extent of saying the ref was bribed (not on the froum, but a coulpe of mate, support arsenal :mad: ). That's what really ****** me off. Nearly punched an idiots face at school coz o that. :P:D

O and Neller mate about the cash thing. I give up !!!!! The arguement can go on and on for ever !!!! So i'm just gonna leave it at that :P:D

On the day I think SAF got the tactics perfectly right. I was hoping Tevez will play but he put 3 in the middle of the park and even though we played Rooney upfront it was an attacking formation with Carrick as the deep lying playmaker.

Once Mascherano was rightly sent off it was game over imo.

The reason why Manchester United are top of the table atm is(completely unbiased opinion) is due to the number of qualty players in their ranks. Only Chelsea have a better team. You look at Liverpool and the two players that instantly catch your eye are Gerrard and Torres. You mark both of them out of the game and it makes easier for the opposition. Same with Arsenal you mark Fabregas and Adebayor out of the game and they struggle. With manchester United the problem is you cannot man mark any one player. You crowd Ronaldo Rooney will be free, you crowd rooney and tevez will be free and Scholes and Carrick etc.

As far as the money spent Arsenal have the cash but they decide not to spend big? Its their choice. And very frankly I don't see Arsenal winning too many trophies if they don't get some much needed expierenced players who have done it all before.

Chelsea bore me to death when I watch them play:o ;) Two years ago when they played with the 4-3-3 system they for me played much more exciting football than Manu at that time. Atm they haven't got the balance right and hence don't play very enterprising football. But they unlike Arsenal or Liverpool or maybe even us at times can grind out results in tough conditions.

Liverpool need to add some more quality in their squad so they stop their over dependence on Torres and Gerrard. Babel looks a good signing but spends most of time on the bench. And if they play their best team weaek in week out then will be much closer to the top than they are currently now.

This season we now lead Chelsea by 5 points which may effectivly be 6 due to our better goal difference. The game at Stamford bridge will be extremely important and should be important as far as Manu are concerned not to get beat. Arsenal now need to win every game from now on to win the title imo.