GRAND SLAM SUNDAY - Man utd Vs Liverpool & Chelsea Vs Arsenal

Re: GRAND SLAM SUNDAY - Man utd Vs Liverpool & Chelsea Vs Arsenal

Who said Rooney dived?? not 1 person in this whole thread did I gave him credit 3 times for not going down what is so hard to understand about that?

Ronaldo -> I said now on 4 different occastions the guy is one of the best and has all the ability in the world and Liverpool dont have a player like him, seriously what is so hard to grasp about that do you have reading problems or something?

I have said over and over and over again Man Utd are far better then Liverpool... seriously why do you need to act in such a way like u are doing I seriously dont get it unless you cant read others posts or you just want to take them in such a negative way.

ref in the pocket?? were did anyone say that I have said OVER AND OVER that the red card was a red card all day I even said masch should be banned for longer than the ban he will get.

Rishabh - Can you show me any part of what ive said about Man Utd spending money is bad? I have said I wish Liverpool would.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: GRAND SLAM SUNDAY - Man utd Vs Liverpool & Chelsea Vs Arsenal From what I have read on this thread ManU fans interpret statements from certain L'pool fans about spending big money and buying

Re: GRAND SLAM SUNDAY - Man utd Vs Liverpool & Chelsea Vs Arsenal Well here are my thoughts.... it wa 3-0 because of the red card regardless who u support thats obvious and even die hard Man Utd

I ain't saying it did not make a difference. BUT i do realy get ****** when people start saying the refree's are bias towards us. "If it was a manu player he would never have got send off !!!!". People even go to the extent of saying the ref was bribed (not on the froum' date=' but a coulpe of mate, support arsenal :mad: ). That's what really ****** me off. Nearly punched an idiots face at school coz o that. :P:D

O and Neller mate about the cash thing. I give up !!!!! The arguement can go on and on for ever !!!! So i'm just gonna leave it at that :P:D[/quote']

mate were have I said the refs are biased towards Man Utd? I said masch should have gotten a red.

I said Torres should not have been booked are you honestly telling me he should have been booked? can you honestly tell me Rooney and Ronaldo do not chase down the ref... if need be I can actually "prove" otherwise there are many,many,many clips of them doing it without any yellow's

does that mean the ref was "bought" ?? no it doesnt because as I posted god knows how many times RIO also got booked for the same thing

there was no other decisions in the match or important ones in any case, as for the money thing I have not said its a bad thing and you, niks or anybody have not and can not argue argue about it because they are pain facts and you know it.

for example the bit u made bold

Just think quite a few man utd's squad players cost 12million + , we dont have 1 single player that cost more than 12 million other than Torres.

which part of that is not true? actually 1 part as we have 2 players over 12mil, you have how many?

are you honestly going to tell me spending all that on players does not make a difference? so you would still be doing aswell as you are doing without spending 30mil on rooney, 30+ on rio, 20+ on tevez, 18 on anderson etc etc etc the list is a long one.

now just remember all Man Utd fans who are going to try there hardest to spin the above into something bad as I have said about 1000 times Im not saying spending is bad I wish we would do it more.

All I said is Liverpool are miles behind Man Utd in terms of quality... how do you get quality? you buy it well you guys have in abundance.

the gap in value of your players (what you paid) is about the same as Liverpools to most mid table EPL sides, does that not tell you alot in terms of quality?

Who said Rooney dived?? not 1 person in this whole thread did I gave him credit 3 times for not going down what is so hard to understand about that?

Ronaldo -> I said now on 4 different occastions the guy is one of the best and has all the ability in the world and Liverpool dont have a player like him' date=' seriously what is so hard to grasp about that do you have reading problems or something?

I have said over and over and over again Man Utd are far better then Liverpool... seriously why do you need to act in such a way like u are doing I seriously dont get it unless you cant read others posts or you just want to take them in such a negative way.

ref in the pocket?? were did anyone say that I have said OVER AND OVER that the red card was a red card all day I even said masch should be banned for longer than the ban he will get.

[b']Rishabh - Can you show me any part of what ive said about Man Utd spending money is bad? I have said I wish Liverpool would.

Is Man Utd not spending bucket loads of cash true? can you prove otherwise I thought there players cost those prices with it being all over the internet and on the Man Utd player profiles and all, maybe there all wrong.[/b]

Neller mate i'll just blurt it out, i kinda give up on the money thingy. U win ;):o

P.S. Hard to find liverpool fans like u and Alan, nowdays. ;):D

Neller mate i'll just blurt it out' date=' i kinda give up on the money thingy. [b']U win [/b] ;):o

P.S. Hard to find liverpool fans like u and Alan, nowdays. ;):D

lol thanks, just dont think I mean anything bad with the money thing as I dont Man Utd's quality is high and is only good for the EPL, I like watching them and Arsenal play they are prob the only 2 entertaining sides in the EPL to watch.

the "Man Utd bought the league" thread was a wind up for someone :D worked a treat aswell as I knew it would.

@ Neller

1. How are you m8?! Recovered from todays loss I can see. Later posts much better. Cool head really helps!:P :p :D

2. Glad we can agree on ManU deserving to win. That was the main aim of my last post - to cut down excuses in the shape of that red card. Not that it really matters that much but still. And you showed that L'pool fans can stay realistic even when defeated. It should be a guideline for all ManU fans who were mentioned so many times today in a negative context.:)

3. I'm not a HC Reddevil. I cannot be because it would be unnatural considering where I live and the fact that I never watched them outside my TV.:) It is just that I like them to win against opposition that comes outside my country.:)

4. And about crying about money spent

Abramovichs' date=' xovichs, Glazers, yers, hicks and zicks aren't likable to me. Not in English football not in Croatian...

Te fact that one filthy rich man can come and turn one football club from average to worlds exclusive really spoils things for me.

Chelsea is a perfect example of that. They have lost millions during last 2-3 seasons and still that didn't affect them as much as it should.

Clubs that are generating money and buy players are acceptable for me because you have to buy quality players to stay competitive. Some clubs and managers are doing it with greater success than others. Wenger also collects players from all around the world, "steals" young talents

from other big clubs. He is doing it wisely, while they are so young and their value is almost nothing. But other clubs don't have to be ashamed if they are buying expensive players as long as they are successful. (But I must repeat here that billionaires buying clubs and players for ridiculous money does not belong here):)

I have a good opinion about L'pool and when those guys bought it I was not particularly happy. But they invested some cash in it and you have a solid squad there. Babel, Torres, Mascherano, Lucas (not sure if he came this season), Skrtel... they were all bought so you can't say that you weren't spending. It is necessary but I find it more acceptable when it doesn't come from a bank account of a billionaire. And half of them are criminals which adds to this not liking them and what they do.

5. I actually admire Liverpool for their fighting spirit but if they could play a bit more attractive it would be a big +.:) And believe it or not when I hear you never walk alone before the game it really leaves an impression on me. Croatian supporters sang Croatian national anthem before the game with Brazil on WC 2006.

[url']

[/url]

you know what I'm talking about:D

6. ManU was better today and hope they win the EPL:p :D

You see this is what annoys me as a Chelsea fan,when they get a good result or whatever this kinda talk gets thrown at us,only when we get a good result though,I get sick of hearing it,they get little credit at all,players are human they have to go out on the field and play,money doesn't come in to that,did people complain about Chelsea's money spending and subject similar ro it when Barnsley beat them??

Of course money is a factor,but it's un fair to say it's only because of money when a team wins a big game,and with some people you would swear Chelsea where the only team to ever have spent big money,I know a lot of the time it's Jeoluosy and people would love their clubs to be in a similar position,if Chelsea win anything this season,it will be because they spent money and that alone! But if we win nothing that won't come into ti it will it?..

You see this is what annoys me as a Chelsea fan' date='when they get a good result or whatever this kinda talk gets thrown at us,only when we get a good result though,I get sick of hearing it,they get little credit at all,players are human they have to go out on the field and play,money doesn't come in to that,did people complain about Chelsea's money spending and subject similar ro it when Barnsley beat them??

Of course money is a factor,but it's un fair to say it's only because of money when a team wins a big game,and with some people you would swear Chelsea where the only team to ever have spent big money,I know a lot of the time it's Jeoluosy and people would love their clubs to be in a similar position,if Chelsea win anything this season,it will be because they spent money and that alone! But if we win nothing that won't come into ti it will it?..[/quote']

Money is not the only factor that will lead you to success but it is a huge factor these days when transfer fees and wages are enormous. Galacticos are a proof that money can't guarantee a success.

You are right that players are human and that they have to get out and win the game. That is why big clubs sometimes loose against humble opposition - because they are human. But I think that it is very important who are these human. It is not irrelevant if they are Drogba, Rooney, Ronaldo, Terry, gerrard

or Joseph Hutton, Marc Palisteros, George Boy, Bill Clinton etc.

Of course you won't mention money spent when they loose. As a matter of fact you could - "They lost against Barnsley and look how much money they spent. Disaster!!:P "

We can't change the fact that Chelsea was quite average team until Abramovich came into the club. They didn't win EPL for what, 50 years. And suddenly they win it twice in a row and that coincidences with millions invested. Money spent improved their chances rapidly.

But they still didn't win CL so that can be interpreted as a failure but considering their quality they can win it this year, next year, it wouldn't be a surprise.

If Chelsea wins everything, which hopefully won't happen:) , it will be because money spent + other factors that influence the result.

I can never be jealous at teams that spend money and win everything. I can be jealous at teams that don't spend and still manage to win something. That is why I admire Roma for example. They beat the record in Italia one or two seasons ago and it was after many wrote them off. They aren't spending massive and yet they are right behind Inter and still competing in CL.

And about ManU - I know they are spending big - but at least the money is invested well. In young players and top prospects who can play together for many years and that way money that is spent will pay off. I'm not familiar with financial details and origin of that money. But I'm pretty sure that ManU was one of financially strongest teams in the world for many years now.

And on the other hand Chelsea bought Sheva and gave him enormous wages and Ballack too. Players that are in their 30's and that can't be sold at a profit.

Money is not the only factor that will lead you to success but it is a huge factor these days when transfer fees and wages are enormous. Galacticos are a proof that money can't guarantee a success.

You are right that players are human and that they have to get out and win the game. That is why big clubs sometimes loose against humble opposition - because they are human. But I think that it is very important who are these human. It is not irrelevant if they are Drogba' date=' Rooney, Ronaldo, Terry, gerrard

or Joseph Hutton, Marc Palisteros, George Boy, Bill Clinton etc.

Of course you won't mention money spent when they loose. As a matter of fact you could - "They lost against Barnsley and look how much money they spent. Disaster!!:P "

We can't change the fact that Chelsea was quite average team until Abramovich came into the club. They didn't win EPL for what, 50 years. And suddenly they win it twice in a row and that coincidences with millions invested. Money spent improved their chances rapidly.

But they still didn't win CL so that can be interpreted as a failure but considering their quality they can win it this year, next year, it wouldn't be a surprise.

If Chelsea wins everything, which hopefully won't happen:) , it will be because money spent + other factors that influence the result.

I can never be jealous at teams that spend money and win everything. I can be jealous at teams that don't spend and still manage to win something. That is why I admire Roma for example. They beat the record in Italia one or two seasons ago and it was after many wrote them off. They aren't spending massive and yet they are right behind Inter and still competing in CL.

And about ManU - I know they are spending big - but at least the money is invested well. In young players and top prospects who can play together for many years and that way money that is spent will pay off. I'm not familiar with financial details and origin of that money. But I'm pretty sure that ManU was one of financially strongest teams in the world for many years now.

And on the other hand Chelsea bought Sheva and gave him enormous wages and Ballack too. Players that are in their 30's and that can't be sold at a profit.[/quote']

thats an excellent post and the best of the whole thread imo, its what ive been trying to say about "money" but put so much better.

Ronaldo alone if sold would get god knows how much and hes still so young, Nani is also going to be some player by looks of it. Thats never been the issue for me and has never been why I mention the amount Man Utd spend.

I only use the money against Man Utd fans who say we should be competing with them, but in terms of the quality around the squad Man Utd are far, far ahead of us which is down to 1 - money and 2 - SAF... even before the money he was winning titles and if I was arguing with fans back then I couldnt have said thats why we were so far behind Utd.

Im also the same as Zazoon im not jelous of teams who spend big I just admire the ones more that dont AKA Arsenal, and im not jelous of players either I wish we had more better ones but the idiots / clowns that say "you only dont like ronaldo diving because you are jelous" are 100% wrong and should save such lame comments for the playground, I wouldnt say hes one of the best players in the world if I was.

United will win the league, which is a pity, really.

Throughout the course of the season, we have been setting out on a mission to prove our doubters and critics wrong, that our boys have finally come of age, that our experience or the lack of it will not hinder us, that it is possible to achieve without spending vast amounts, that it is possible to build a title-winning team from young, that team spirit and success transcends national boundaries, and that we can still win whilst playing beautifully.

Yet, at the end of it all, we see that we have failed in achieving these aims. We started with plenty of promise, but failed to last the pace. We failed to play consistently well. We failed to stand up to bullies. We failed to fight for victory when it was needed. We failed to win at all costs. All in all, we failed to show the world that it is still possible to attain success while still staying true to our beliefs. We can, however, take heart that we tried our very best, and that this season has definitely been a marked improvement from the last and the one before that.

But credit to United, they showed plenty of fight which was lacking in us at times. They stayed resilient and fought hard for every win. They showed us just how much experience counts. They showed us how to win ugly even while not at their best. They showed us that spending can bring you success. Last but not least, they showed us that, ultimately, winning is the only thing that counts.

FINALLY!!!!!!!!

AT last i've found some RESPECTABLE LIVERPOOL fans who actually agree that MANCHESTER UNITED is Better than LIVERPOOL.

Cheers to Neller for accpeting that.

I've spoken to so many of pool fans and they r giving me all sorts of excuses for their loss and nobody accepts that MAN Utd were the better side.

Now finally there is atleast 1 liverpool fan whom i actually have respect for...

cheers again...

United will win the league' date=' which is a pity, really.

Throughout the course of the season, we have been setting out on a mission to prove our doubters and critics wrong, that our boys have finally come of age, that our experience or the lack of it will not hinder us, that it is possible to achieve without spending vast amounts, that it is possible to build a title-winning team from young, that team spirit and success transcends national boundaries, and that we can still win whilst playing beautifully.

Yet, at the end of it all, we see that we have failed in achieving these aims. We started with plenty of promise, but failed to last the pace. We failed to play consistently well. We failed to stand up to bullies. We failed to fight for victory when it was needed. We failed to win at all costs. All in all, we failed to show the world that it is still possible to attain success while still staying true to our beliefs. We can, however, take heart that we tried our very best, and that this season has definitely been a marked improvement from the last and the one before that.

But credit to United, they showed plenty of fight which was lacking in us at times. They stayed resilient and fought hard for every win. They showed us just how much experience counts. They showed us how to win ugly even while not at their best. They showed us that spending can bring you success. Last but not least, they showed us that, ultimately, winning is the only thing that counts.[/quote']

Arsenal are in a position that we were last year. We were chasing after Chelsea who had a far superior squad to ours. With Chelsea last year quality came out quality came in. This year we have added to our squad so now even when we have injuries they don't affect us too much.

Its exactly the same with Arsenal. When Toure went out look who came in Senderos:eek: :D

FINALLY!!!!!!!!

AT last i've found some RESPECTABLE LIVERPOOL fans who actually agree that MANCHESTER UNITED is Better than LIVERPOOL.

Cheers to Neller for accpeting that.

I've spoken to so many of pool fans and they r giving me all sorts of excuses for their loss and nobody accepts that MAN Utd were the better side.

Now finally there is atleast 1 liverpool fan whom i actually have respect for...

cheers again...

nah mate Man Utd are far better than Liverpool, I hate saying it but I dont see any point in denying something so obvious.

They not only have far better quality in there squad but they play so much more atractive football, well thats down to the quality in there squad but you know what I mean :)

some manager have quality in there sides but still dont choose to play such great football the teams that do in the EPL ... Arsenal , Man Utd are the teams I enjoy watching.

all the red card did was make things easier for Man Utd, we would have lost even with 11 men (we was already 1-0 down).

I will never agree with Ronaldo's antics just the same as Torres did once during the match, I hate to see it as they have so much quality its not needed but Ronaldo did it alot yesterday even at 3-0 and I just dont see the point, that cant be a biased view because some Man Utd fans on this very thread said the same (infact they brought it up)

Kewell when he was playing dived alot for us, even got us a couple of pens and I hated it, its cheating and he should be banned for doing it when proved on TV etc, Ronaldo and Drogba have cut 80% of it out of there game and credit to them but yesterday I thought Ronny went back down that path again. (but it had NO impact on the match I just dont like to see it)

nah mate Man Utd are far better than Liverpool' date=' I hate saying it but I dont see any point in denying something so obvious.

They not only have far better quality in there squad but they play so much more atractive football, well thats down to the quality in there squad but you know what I mean :)

some manager have quality in there sides but still dont choose to play such great football the teams that do in the EPL ... Arsenal , Man Utd are the teams I enjoy watching.

all the red card did was make things easier for Man Utd, we would have lost even with 11 men (we was already 1-0 down).

I will never agree with Ronaldo's antics just the same as Torres did once during the match, I hate to see it as they have so much quality its not needed but Ronaldo did it alot yesterday even at 3-0 and I just dont see the point, that cant be a biased view because some Man Utd fans on this very thread said the same (infact they brought it up)

Kewell when he was playing dived alot for us, even got us a couple of pens and I hated it, its cheating and he should be banned for doing it when proved on TV etc, Ronaldo and Drogba have cut 80% of it out of there game and credit to them but yesterday I thought Ronny went back down that path again. (but it had NO impact on the match I just dont like to see it)[/quote']

that needs courage mate^^^

i mean to accept that ur BIGGEST RIVAL is better than u takes some guts. And hats off u to for accepting it.. And even i hate diving and cheating in games and that's y even i accepted that RONALDO did dive earlier in his career maybe a lil too much sometimes but i don't think that's always the case coz at his pace and the way he runs even if there's slightest of touches he is bound to go down.. and sometimes camera's don't do justice to RONALDO...

but yesterday pardon me for this maybe i was too busy celebrating but i didn't see ronaldo diving around ... maybe i missed it but that's not the POINT.. There were moer players on the pitch and they were worth appreciting Like Rooney, Torres , Scholes , Giggsy , Gerrard... but i felt that gerrard and torres hardly had an impact on the game...

but all in all it was a clean display of great football from man utd to win the game and they deserved to win it thoroughly....

that needs courage mate^^^

i mean to accept that ur BIGGEST RIVAL is better than u takes some guts.

I don't believe it takes courage, guts or balls to admit that. Its just Neller has reached the ripe old age which allows realism to sink in. Much like me really, I would much rather admit a team has been much better than the team I supoort if thats the case than carry on with some lie/charade as it's an argument you cannot win!

Man Utd are the best team in the country by a mile and Ronaldo is the best player in the country. Anyone that says any different needs their eyes testing!

I don't believe it takes courage' date=' guts or balls to admit that. Its just Neller has reached the ripe old age which allows realism to sink in. Much like me really, I would much rather admit a team has been much better than the team I supoort if thats the case than carry on with some lie/charade as it's an argument you cannot win!

Man Utd are the best team in the country by a mile and Ronaldo is the best player in the country. Anyone that says any different needs their eyes testing![/quote']

WOW it's unbelievable...

This day is suprising me every second..

1st i find the 1st LIVEPOOL fan to accept the fact that MAN UTD r better than pool and now

i found the 1st Arsenal Fan to accpept that fact too...

Cheers to u guys hope that others learn something from u guys...

On their day, I actually prefer to watch Arsenal playing. Unfortunately, those days don't happen often enough this season any more but I think a lot of that can be chalked down to inexperience. It is scary to think what Arsenal's players will be like with another 3+ years of experience.

Having said all that I don't like Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool or Chelsea as I am just a jealous Spurs fan :D

Well, Teb, I think this is the last season we can use the 'what we can be in a few years time' line. Tbh, we said that two, three seasons ago and we are still not the dominant force we had been made out to be.

And Niks, there really is no denying that our squad is far weaker than United's or even Chelsea's. I'm just really gutted we couldn't prove our point and make do this season without spending vast amounts to improve on the squad.

Well' date=' Teb, I think this is the last season we can use the 'what we can be in a few years time' line. Tbh, we said that two, three seasons ago and we are still not the dominant force we had been made out to be.

And Niks, there really is no denying that our squad is far weaker than United's or even Chelsea's. I'm just really gutted we couldn't prove our point and make do this season [b']without spending vast amounts to improve on the squad[/b].

*cough* *cough*

TORRES + benayoun + Skrtel + Babel + Etc [some more ] = VAST AMOUNT..

just wanted to correct u there.

cheers

On this subject:

Arsenal were playing amazing football in the first half of the season, really enjoyed watching them. I am gutted to see them struggling. I think Wenger has done brilliant molding these youngsters into superstars. They don't have English players which I think is a bad thing but still that is the way football is going.

Man Utd do play good football but as I am watching them I tend to convince myself that they play crap football and just resort back to thinking how much I hate them....I know thats wrong but hey, I cant help it..

I hate watching Chelsea, I think out of all the times I have watched them since Vialli left I have hated the way they play...Don't know why, I just do. I think they play crap football.

Liverpool are amazing to watch when they go all out to score which they don't do often enough, especially in big games. Against Besiktas (not the strongest opposition I know) when they needed a win to keep their CL hopes alive Liverpool were unbelievable, they really did impress me and I thought at the time ad since, why don't they play like that all the time? I like Liverpool and think they do have quality in their team but not enough to trouble Man Utd YET! They need to keep Rafa IMO though as he is a top coach who knows what hes doing! He is building Liverpool ad needs the time....

Overall, Man Utd have been the best team this season and will deserve to win the League as I think they will, I am still hoping that they slip up and Arsenal pip them but I don't see that happening at all really.

I am not blind but I think Ronaldo is a bit feared which makes him better, I mean..defenders fear him, he is fast but if you stay in is face all the time I think he would be less effective! The way defenders back off attacking players really winds me up and adds to Ronaldo's already class ability.

Ahem' date=' Arsenal btw.[/quote']

oops my bad....

but still U got .... hmm.....

well....hmm...

ya u were sleeping during the transfer window... sorry... but EDUARDO and SAGNA IN, i think so..

and i think 1 of them will not take part for another 2 weeks and the earlier guy [eduardo] well unfortunately he's history now till NEXT YEAR...

I have read thorught the last couple of pages and i have not yet seen one post which even metions Grant !!!! Why is that ???? Because he proved all u critics wrong ???? Not once have i heard anyone say well done Grant !!! :eek::mad:

When Chelsea loose all of u Chelsea fans jumpp on him and blame only him. What happened last night ??? It was his two substitutions that won Cheslea the game. All the chelsea fans were chanting 'U don't know what ur doing'. Grant bloody well knew what he was doing. :mad:;)

I think its high time that all the chelsea fans shut there traps and let Grant do the talking !!! ;):D

On this subject:

Arsenal were playing amazing football in the first half of the season' date=' really enjoyed watching them. I am gutted to see them struggling. I think Wenger has done brilliant molding these youngsters into superstars. They don't have English players which I think is a bad thing but still that is the way football is going.

Man Utd do play good football but as I am watching them I tend to convince myself that they play crap football and just resort back to thinking how much I hate them....I know thats wrong but hey, I cant help it..

I hate watching Chelsea, I think out of all the times I have watched them since Vialli left I have hated the way they play...Don't know why, I just do. I think they play crap football.

Liverpool are amazing to watch when they go all out to score which they don't do often enough, especially in big games. Against Besiktas (not the strongest opposition I know) when they needed a win to keep their CL hopes alive Liverpool were unbelievable, they really did impress me and I thought at the time ad since, why don't they play like that all the time? I like Liverpool and think they do have quality in their team but not enough to trouble Man Utd [b']YET![/b] They need to keep Rafa IMO though as he is a top coach who knows what hes doing! He is building Liverpool ad needs the time....

Overall, Man Utd have been the best team this season and will deserve to win the League as I think they will, I am still hoping that they slip up and Arsenal pip them but I don't see that happening at all really.

I am not blind but I think Ronaldo is a bit feared which makes him better, I mean..defenders fear him, he is fast but if you stay in is face all the time I think he would be less effective! The way defenders back off attacking players really winds me up and adds to Ronaldo's already class ability.

Ya Chelsea play crap football...:rolleyes: