GRAND SLAM SUNDAY - Man utd Vs Liverpool & Chelsea Vs Arsenal

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: GRAND SLAM SUNDAY - Man utd Vs Liverpool & Chelsea Vs Arsenal From what I have read on this thread ManU fans interpret statements from certain L'pool fans about spending big money and buying

Re: GRAND SLAM SUNDAY - Man utd Vs Liverpool & Chelsea Vs Arsenal Well here are my thoughts.... it wa 3-0 because of the red card regardless who u support thats obvious and even die hard Man Utd

Re: GRAND SLAM SUNDAY - Man utd Vs Liverpool & Chelsea Vs Arsenal

I have read thorught the last couple of pages and i have not yet seen one post which even metions Grant !!!! Why is that ???? Because he proved all u critics wrong ???? Not once have i heard anyone say well done Grant !!! :eek::mad:

When Chelsea loose all of u Chelsea fans jumpp on him and blame only him. What happened last night ??? It was his two substitutions that won Cheslea the game. All the chelsea fans were chanting 'U don't know what ur doing'. Grant bloody well knew what he was doing. :mad:;)

I think its high time that all the chelsea fans shut there traps and let Grant do the talking !!! ;):D

ya he done well in that game,but it's the bigger picture I'm looking at,anyway must non-Chelsea fans will tell you it wasn't the subs that Grant made that changed it,it was the fact that Chelsea have spent lots of money..:rolleyes:

Mate' date=' we have all our debates on this subject, and players ratings of course....You know this!:P

Its just my opinion, no offense aimed at you at all!:)[/quote']

Oh I know but i can't accept the fact that they play crap football,they play better football than any other team in the league aside from Man Utd and Arsenal in general,but I have seen Chelsea play as stylish as both these teams this season,it's also hard to play your best football when your missing Drogba and Lampard for a lot of the season..

*cough* *cough*

TORRES + benayoun + Skrtel + Babel + Etc [some more ] = VAST AMOUNT..

just wanted to correct u there.

cheers

hmmm ok I think I have been nice enough and honest enough about Man Utd Vs Liverpool so now its your turn.

take just both sides from yesterday, yours cost over 100mil more in value after thanking me for my honesty are you honesly trying to say we are even close in price?

Van der Saar - £2m

Brown - Free

Ferdinand - £33m

Vidic - £7m

Evra - £5.5m

Ronaldo - £12.25m

Anderson - £17m

Carrick - £18.6m

Giggs - Free

Rooney - £30m

Tevez - ?£20m (reputed buy-out clause)

Kusczak - £2.5m

O'Shea - Free

Hargreaves - £17m

Nani - £14m

Saha - £12.8m

Total - £191.65m

I mean seriously..... you have 9 players who cost over 12mil... we have 2,

3 of those players there near enough cost more than our whole 16 from yesterday, I mean comon its not even close theres only 1 team who can match that and its Chelsea.

I have more than proven im honest about things, but facts are facts and the above cant really be argued with or denied as they are proven facts.

saying players like Yossi (4mil) , Skirtel (5mil) cost loads is not even close, they are our 1st choice players and cost less then most your subs.

hmmm ok I think I have been nice enough and honest enough about Man Utd Vs Liverpool so now its your turn.

take just both sides from yesterday' date=' yours cost over 100mil more in value after thanking me for my honesty are you honesly trying to say we are even close in price?

Van der Saar - £2m

Brown - Free

Ferdinand - £33m

Vidic - £7m

Evra - £5.5m

Ronaldo - £12.25m

Anderson - £17m

Carrick - £18.6m

Giggs - Free

Rooney - £30m

Tevez - ?£20m (reputed buy-out clause)

Kusczak - £2.5m

O'Shea - Free

Hargreaves - £17m

Nani - £14m

Saha - £12.8m

Total - £191.65m

I mean seriously..... you have 9 players who cost over 12mil... we have 2,

3 of those players there near enough cost more than our whole 16 from yesterday, I mean comon its not even close theres only 1 team who can match that and its Chelsea.

I have more than proven im honest about things, but facts are facts and the above cant really be argued with or denied as they are proven facts.

saying players like Yossi (4mil) , Skirtel (5mil) cost loads is not even close, they are our 1st choice players and cost less then most your subs.[/quote']

I think he knows,There is no argument,same with Chelsea I know we over-spent on some players who aren't worth the fees we paid,Paulo Ferreira been a good example..

Oh no !!!!

Back to square one arn't v !!!! :o

I'm staying out of this. As i said Neller wins. :P:D

sorry mate but after all that he listed our players as if we was competing with u in price (at least thats how it seemed lol) and we aint close not by a mile

I think he knows' date='There is no argument,same with Chelsea I know we over-spent on some players who aren't worth the fees we paid,Paulo Ferreira been a good example..[/quote']

I dont think there is anything wrong with spending, I mean if I was a billionare and bought Liverpool .. I would sign them whoever I could and if you have money to lose who cares about a few flops no big loss to Roman im sure.

same with Man Utd those players I listed are well worth the money, I just cant sit and read that Liverpool are close because we clearly are not. I have not seen a Chelsea fan deny the money made there side btw or say LFC have spent almost as much.

I dont think its complicated if you want a world class player you have to pay world class prices like we did with Torres

Oh I know but i can't accept the fact that they play crap football' date='they play better football than any other team in the league aside from Man Utd and Arsenal in general,but I have seen Chelsea play as stylish as both these teams this season,it's also hard to play your best football when your missing Drogba and Lampard for a lot of the season..[/quote']

No Way!!!!!

I will never agree with that comment at all!!

Everton, Tottenham, Pompey, Blackburn, Villa and Newcastle:p :rolleyes: (or not!!

All these teams play better football than Chelsea IMO.

I dont think there is anything wrong with spending' date=' I mean if I was a billionare and bought Liverpool .. I would sign them whoever I could and if you have money to lose who cares about a few flops no big loss to Roman im sure.

same with Man Utd those players I listed are well worth the money, I just cant sit and read that Liverpool are close because we clearly are not. I have not seen a Chelsea fan deny the money made there side btw or say LFC have spent almost as much.

I dont think its complicated if you want a world class player you have to pay world class prices like we did with Torres[/quote']

It always been like that,the Milan team where the same in the 90's and Pool in the 70's,they had more money than anyone at their times.

No Way!!!!!

I will never agree with that comment at all!!

Everton' date=' Tottenham, Pompey, Blackburn, Villa and Newcastle:p :rolleyes: (or not!!

All these teams play better football than Chelsea [b']IMO[/b].

Your taking the p**s now!:D :D Newcastle???? Have been crap this season,if they played good football they wouldn't be where they are!! do you understand that??:eek:

Just to keep this theme going.

Arsenal

I have been really impressed with this Arsenal side this season and tbh i thought they would struggle without Henry.Scary to think what they will be like in next few seasons.

Man U

Like Welshman the team i love to hate:D,thou hats of they have been great all season and Ronaldo has been on fire.Fergie is a shrud invester in transfers and his buys seem to have paid of again.

Chelsea

Still think they might edge the title,couldnt believe they got rid of the special one but they continue to play the sort of football that wins titles.

Liverpool

Big disappointment again in the league thou they seem to have sorted their striker prob with Torres.The team that i would most like to see lift the EPL title but i still think they need 4-5 more top players if they are to come close to the above 3.

Guest Sooty's Football Brain

Arsenal and Man Utd are 2 teams I would pay to watch play football.

Chelsea and Liverpool are 2 teams I would pay to see lose.

I've never disliked Liverpool until yesterday when they went 1-0 down and Mascherano got sent off and they panicked, singing MUNICH MUNICH MUNICh as loudly and as fast as they could. They got laughed at and got what they deserved. I don't like to see that.

Over the past decade United have spent millions and millions on players. It is because Chelsea spent a **** of a lot in just a couple to win titles that gets them the stick, and with the ability to spend 20 million a year on a player is ridiculous and why I like to see them suffer because of it.

At Liverpool and Chelsea their owners are fickle, and Chairmen a little out of it. Look at the time given to Wenger and Ferguson. They have picked a good manager ad given him time, Look where it has got them. Chelsea found the right manager, and in 2 years he won them 2 titles. Then the next year he was sacked..... :confused:

Liverpool have yet to find the right manager though feel it is OK to put as much pressure on him as they can instead of letting him do his job, which in all fairness he is not doing well enough anyway.

My opinions here are bound to be slated and viewed biased but that is what I like about the forum, and anyway I'm just a Rochdale fan who watches a lot of football :) Don't slate me too badly :P

Your taking the p**s now!:D :D Newcastle???? Have been crap this season' date='if they played good football they wouldn't be where they are!! do you understand that??:eek:[/quote']

Look at what I wrote after the word Newcastle.......Newcastle are pooer that poo!!

I agree with Welshie that Chelsea are not an attractive team to watch. When you watch Man U or Arsenal on thier day, they are virtually unstoppable. Sunday, Arsenal were extremely unlucky because Drogba was offside at the start of the first goal. Chelsea rarely rip teams apart with the quality that they have. Arsenal and United regularly take football to a new high with the way they humiliate defences. When Jose was there, they could play badly and win. Now, they draw 4-4 against teams they should beat.

SmartDoc are you serious? Ask any Liverpool fans who were at the game yesterday. I never said Mascherano was threatening to kill Bennett but I can tell you he certainly wasn't "just asking what happened" I feel he got what he deserved however with his constant nagging and especially after Bennett had clearly just told him he was gonna be sent don the tunnel if it continued. He even pointed. I'm not Bennett's biggest fan never have been but I would'nt have put up with Mascherano yesterday it was too much and warranted a 2nd yellow. And yes I think Liverpool fans would be cowardly to come out and admit now they didn't sing Munich songs. I heard a loud MUNICH MUNICH MUNICH and a loud "Who's that dying on the runway" Just aswell Utd fans laughed at them and didnt take offense as it could have sparked trouble. SmartDoc I'm giving you facts here from the game you can't just tell me I'm dreaming it with your opinion, that's just useless and pointless lol

SmartDoc are you serious? Ask any Liverpool fans who were at the game yesterday. I never said Mascherano was threatening to kill Bennett but I can tell you he certainly wasn't "just asking what happened" I feel he got what he deserved however with his constant nagging and especially after Bennett had clearly just told him he was gonna be sent don the tunnel if it continued. He even pointed. I'm not Bennett's biggest fan never have been but I would'nt have put up with Mascherano yesterday it was too much and warranted a 2nd yellow. And yes I think Liverpool fans would be cowardly to come out and admit now they didn't sing Munich songs. I heard a loud MUNICH MUNICH MUNICH and a loud "Who's that dying on the runway" Just aswell Utd fans laughed at them and didnt take offense as it could have sparked trouble. SmartDoc I'm giving you facts here from the game you can't just tell me I'm dreaming it with your opinion' date=' that's just useless and pointless lol[/quote']

Of course he got what he deserved. Thats not even in doubt. It just appears you tend to be exaggerating all the stories you tell for effect. Anyway, I don't want to get into a barney with you mate I guess you saw what you saw and heard what you heard. I guess I'll just leave it for forumers to make up their own decisions regarding the realism of your statements.

No harm or ill-feeling intended towards you ;)

Yeah of course, but I wouldn't exaggerate, Im not trying to start an Anti-Liverpool gang etc I was just giving my opinions on the 4 teams and giving reasons why I may like or start to dislike them. The fans yesterday dissapointed me, it would take a brave Liverpool fan to come out and admit they were singing these but if any one was at the game yesterday can you just back me up? I'm not going to slate you it may have been a minority but it was loud and I was working between the Tunnel and the Dugout. Maybe even a United fan who heard it? I just want to be trusted in the forum and just don't appreciate that by saying I may be lying or exaggerating would be giving me a bad name on here SmartDoc.

I think hes like me (as I alreayd knew about this through the PM etc) in that I do belive you as I dont see why you would make it up so I belived uw hen u told me.

But I for anything like this the TV's, Man Utd themselves would be all over it, even the Man Utd officials would comment on it, and sky would definatly not let it go I just dont see why it isnt mentioned anywere at all.

But yea totaly agree if anyone was at the match and heard such things post them and we can all comment etc

I thought it would have been mentioned or picked up, But as I said there were no Hillsborough chants back or whatever which made me think utd fans for what must be the first time ever were not affected by it, they didn't let the Liverpool fans win by giving a reaction. I think the scorline put two fingers up for them but as I said I was with the lads after the game and we all heard it and discussed it but to be fair had better things to talk about lol. It was a great game and I don't want to take the gloss off it but I was dissapointed thats all.

I agree with Welshie that Chelsea are not an attractive team to watch. When you watch Man U or Arsenal on thier day' date=' they are virtually unstoppable. Sunday, Arsenal were extremely unlucky because Drogba was offside at the start of the first goal. Chelsea rarely rip teams apart with the quality that they have. Arsenal and United regularly take football to a new high with the way they humiliate defences. When Jose was there, they could play badly and win. Now, they draw 4-4 against teams they should beat.[/quote']

So your Critising Chelsea for been boring and then get at them when they draw 4-4 and some great football in that game..:confused::rolleyes: