Gold Championship 13 News, Transfers and Match Reports!

Re: Gold Championship 13 - Discussion Thread

24_front_small.gif421_1205815973.gif13_front_small.gif

Celtic

SMFA Champions Cup

Scotland's Powerhouse club Celtic begin their SMFA Champions Cup against one of the worlds best clubs Real Madrid. Celtic is looking to make the knockout stage as they will field a full strength side against the Spanish club after Celtic won 7-1 over Hamilton Academical without their best starting eleven.

In the SPL Celtic are leading the competition with seven wins and three draws, while rival club Rangers have dropped off to 3rd after a 2-2 draw with Hibernian

Group H

Real Madrid - Spain

163_1215035995.gif

Brondby IF - Denmark

370_1198193734.gif

FC Kobenhavn - Denmark

371_1205833643.gif

Celtic - Scotland

421_1205815973.gif

Re: Gold Championship 13 - Discussion Thread

After a disappointing draw away to Hibs, Rangers lost their good run of form. They scored 17 goals in 5 games, with none conceded. Rangers played their reserves team against Hibs, with a debut for Kirk Broadfoot.

They rested their players in anticipation for tonights Champions Cup opener. They played Sampdoria in an entertaining match.

125_1189947521.gifSampdoria 0 - 3 Rangers 429_1202746505.gif

Rangers played a full strength team against Sampdoria tonight to try and pick up their first point in the Champions Cup after finishing bottom last year with 0 points.

On the 11th minute, Kris Boyd scored from all of 25 yards. Jimmy Briand then doubled Rangers' lead only 4 minutes later with a header from close range. The rest of the half was filled with chances for Cassano and great saves from Castellazzi. Rangers went into the break 2-0 up, but deservedly so.

The second half started well and on the 53rd minute, Cassano put it straight into Allan McGregor's arms from 6 yards out. After terrific work from defence, the ball was played to Barry Ferguson who shot despite being at a bad angle. The ball was deflected past Castellazzi in the Sampdoria goal, but there was nothing he could do about it. Cassano had some other chances, but failed to score any. Rangers had won their first Champions Cup match emphatically.

Rangers never played their on-loan players due to the teams they were loaned from being in the same competition. They were Lloris, Bendtner and Bojan.

Next up is ICT away from home and all three will be re-called. It will be a completely different team from the one that played tonight, with no-one keeping their place.

Rangers are still in all 4 competitions, and are lucky enough to have a squad of over 30 good players to choose from.

Still, Russell has transfer listed a few players.

87 rated LB/CB Dario Rodriguez is available for only £4m.

90 rated CM/AM Jorge Valdivia is available for p/e deals.

Russell has re-iterated his desire to do well in the Champions Cup, even if their form in the league suffers.

Re: Gold Championship 13 News, Transfers and Match Reports!

New Man at England!

engmh5.gif

After Months of England underperforming the England FA turn to Ben Read to turn it around. It was believed to be a toss up between a few high profile managers, but in the end Ben's amazing form in the la Liga last season saw him get the job offer. Negotiations happened early this morning and it is thought Ben has accepted a 3 year contract. The FA believe he will turn it around.

Ben will be given a few Warm-up games to try out his squad. In these games fans (and the press) will be watching closely to see what Ben can do. No doubt if he messes up they will be straight on his back.

The Team Policies

Ben has a month before his first game with England so has time to look at which players deserve a call-up. He will name his first 30-man squad Next week. Here is what he had to say; "I have 4 weeks before my first match. In that time I will try to watch as many players as possible to make sure I call up the right players. I will name my first squad of 30 next Wednesday and the cut it down to 23 nearer the time.

I will decide who gets called up not just by rating but other factors like Form, fitness and most importantly there Morale. I will look to try out some youth as-well. Players like Shaun (Wright-Phillips) and Luke (Young) I am big fans of. They will get a chance. My main problem atm is working out which 5 strikers to name in the original 30-man squad.

After a pretty surprising finish of second in the League last season I am having a pathetic one this term....

Everton are struggling, for personel and a steady run of results....

I am pleading to all managers to help me with loans if they can... Please scan over your already loaned out players for ones that are at un-managed clubs and let me know if you have any available long term.....

Defenders are a must..... I am fine for strikers too

PLEASE....!!!

Ugur (88), is my 4th choice Right Back and Drenthe (88), is my 6/7th choice winger so either of them can be loaned.

Very much doubt either of those would start for you, but you can have them as squad players.

As soon as My schedule has calmed down I'll have some 90's for loan.

Ugur (88)' date=' is my 4th choice Right Back and [b']Drenthe[/b] (88), is my 6/7th choice winger so either of them can be loaned.

Very much doubt either of those would start for you, but you can have them as squad players.

As soon as My schedule has calmed down I'll have some 90's for loan.

Your a star Ben...

Well considering I had my system last seasonmeaning I played 3 at the back, I only had 6 defenders in all (2 of them youth). Now I have changed my system, I find it hard to rotate the current defenders I have to keep their fitness' up. Plus a few injuries are costing me badly....

Thanks a lot...

Good Benfica side are taken control by Toggs. Good squad. Oscar Cardozo (25,90,CF} & Ernst (28,91,DM/CM) can leave.

Simunek & Adu avaliable for loan.

Good Benfica side are taken control by Toggs. Good squad. Oscar Cardozo (25' date='90,CF} & Ernst (28,91,DM/CM) can leave.

Simunek & Adu avaliable for loan.[/quote']

Were my old club. Quit them to take over Arsenal.

Good luck with them mate. :)

• 3 weeks later...

24_front_small.gif421_1205815973.gif13_front_small.gif

Celtic

SMFA Champions Cup

Group H Standings

celticclstandingfz8.jpg

Celtic vs FC Kobenhavn

The last match up for Celtic in SMFA Champions Cup will determine who progresses to the knockout stage of this prestigious competition. Real Madrid have taken top spot defeating Celtic on both occasions 2-1 and 1-0. Celtic just require one point to progress but with a FC Kobenhavn victory it will mean the danish club will take second spot.

Celtic

Scottish Premier League

SPL Table

celticpltablepsdhh8.jpg

Celtic vs FC Patrick Thistle

Celtic will field a 3rd reserve team against Patrick Thistle, Celtics 3rd team still should collect all three points. The following fixture is a Semi Final Shield game which is higher on Celtics priority list.

Rangers vs Celtic

The big one, the old firm derby between Rangers and Celtic will be a very important match on the outcome of league champions for season 2. The season kicked off between these two in a 3-3 all finish.

Celtic face FC Kobenhavn the next fixture in the final game of the SMFA Champions Cup, so it will be difficult to put out the strongest team back to back.

429_1202746505.gif

Rangers News

Rangers have been kicked out of Europe, after a 2-1 away defeat at Ajax. Velicka scored in his first start for his club. Rangers are not concentrating on the league, and the latter stages of both domestic cups. Rangers are playing Dundee Utd in the Shield Semi-Final and Rangers are fielding a full-strength team.

In midweek, Rangers will play Celtc in what will be a title decider. If Rangers win, they go two point clear with a better goal difference. This game will be a high-scoring affair, with the last two games finishing 4-3 Rangers and 3-3.

Rangers have strengthened their team with the additions of Diego Godin and Alvaro Negredo. Both, the manager feels, have a good chance of increasing and will be welcomed into their new team.

Russell has transfer listed Marcos Ceara, an 87 rated RB and is only looking for £7.5m cash for him. He is a consistent performer, but needs the cash to fund further moves.

Rangers are looking for CM's after being left short.

All players are for sale, as usual. Part exchange deals only. PM in game to negotiate a deal.

Rangers News

429_1202746505.gif

After a 4-1 win in the Shield Semi-Final against Dundee United, Rangers had to focus on a crucial league game with bitter rivals Celtc.

With only 3 empty seats in the full of Ibrox, Rangers dominated the game. Although posession, shots on target were slightly in favour of Rangers the manager feels his team performed brilliantly.

You can just see for yourself how good we played. Yes, Celtc fielded a weaker team but they should've been able to cope. Patrick experimented with a few formations and decided a 5-3-2 would be best against us. Luckily, we came out on top and were even 4-0 at one stage. I'm really pleased with the attitude of my team. Hopefully, we can build on this.

On Friday night, Rangers welcomed Sevilla to Glasgow. Russell never really expected to get anything from the game, never mind the Champions Cup campaign but felt it was of invaluable experience to his players.

We came into this competition as underdogs. After 4 straight losses, there was never any hope. We wish Celtc all the best in their efforts.

Saturday's league match was a dress rehearsal of the Scottish Cup Final. Rangers came out on top 4-0 with a brace from Stewart Downing and a stellar performance from veteran David Weir.

Monday night was one of the most important in the young managers career. A tough Final against a resiliant Dundee United team. Rangers got off to the best possible start, getting a goal up within a minute. Kenneth Perez doubled the lead in the 25th minute. The Rangers fans that had made the long journey to Wembley were loving every minute. After the break, Dundee came out fighting. Through Prince Bauben and Jordan Robertson they evened the game. Once again, Kris Boyd was there to rescue Rangers' blushes with a fine drive.

Tonight, Rangers face a tough task travelling up to Aberdeen for another practice for the Shield final. Last year, Rangers won this, beating Falkirk 2-0 in the final. Russell, now sitting top of the league and in the other Cup final will be looking for a treble.

We don't want to get ahead of ourselves, but things are looking up. With the recent additions to the squad I feel we can cope with anything. Aberdeen won't make these games easy for us, they're a good side. With a good team of reserves playing in the Shield, I hope they can emulate the victories in the Cup.

Russell also spoke about his star players. In particular, he told of his delight when getting dream duo Bojan and Bendtner up front. Bendtner himself has scored a whopping 19 in 17 games with 16 assists. Bojan with a good 12 in 18, with 15 assists. Stewart Downing has chipped in with 12 in 21 with 12 assists.

New signing Diego Godin also went up to a 90 today. Only the 5th player in Russell's squad to break 90. Russell's feels he can form a great partnership with Cuellar at the back.

Russell also loan listed a few players. Coda and Velicka can go. Better players can leave as soon as the Shield Final is over.

Boyd (CF, 25, 89)

Valdivia (CM/AM, 25, 90)

Stranzl (CB/RB, 28, 89)

McGregor (GK, 26, 89)

Can all leave for part-exchange deals. No cash bids please.

• 2 weeks later...

429_1202746505.gif

Rangers News

Rangers lift Cup Double

After an impressive 4-0 against Aberdeen, Rangers lifted their second cup of the season. This builds on the success of lifting the Scottish Cup.

Since their only competition left is the league, Russell has loan listed several good players.

Everyone except:

D- Kante, Godin, Cuellar

M- Perez, Maniche, Valdivia, Diego Souza, Downing

The rest will be accepted. That includes many 87's/88's and 89's. First come first serve. Good luck.

Roma2.gif

Roma Cruise Through

Roma secured a place in the Semi Finals of the SMFA Champion's Cup with a dominating performance in Argentina against a strong, efficient Boca side, who had earlier in the season beaten Roma 2-1 at the Olimpico in the Group Stages. The other encounter was won by Roma 3-2, however in both those fixtures Roma's Cup Team had been playing, and with the First Team rested on Wednesday, the First Team would get their first crack at the Champion's Cup!

Roma had to be favourites, with a full strength team out, Boca didn't stand a chance, did they?

In a tight first half, Boca tried to exert pressure on the Roma defence, but only managed to test Doni once, Rodrigo Palacio forcing a brilliant save, however Boca did have one other chance, with Martin Palermo inexplicably missing a header from about 6 yards out!

_42478611_palermo203x270.jpg

Could have, and should have put Boca 1-0 up!

Roma on the other hand, had plenty of chances, forcing Caranta into many saves, as well as missing some absolute sitters! Frank Lampard was one of the culprits, missing an easy tap-in that wily veteran Del Piero had created!

However, the most exciting part of the first half came when Jesus Datolo received his second yellow card from the referee, after committing a professional foul just outside the area! The earlier yellow card was for an elbow into Roma's midfield general Yaya Toure!

jesus-datolo.jpg

Datolo surely wouldn't have been celebrating this performance, it only lasted 39 minutes!

Half Time, and Boca had barely managed to hang on, as Roma looked to capitalise on their one man advantage!

Team talks had been given, and it was clear Roma were there for only one thing, and that was to attack! It showed, as they dominated possession, and forced Caranta into three quality saves in quick succession. It looked like Caranta would hold the game for the Argentinian side, however a moment of madness by Hugo Ibarra, meant Boca were down to 9 men, just 8 minutes after the restart!

What a costly mistake that proved to be, as only two minutes later, Roma deservedly took the lead through a precise finish by David Pizarro! Roma looked to hang on to the lead, and kept the ball away from Boca, until Frank Lampard split the Boca defence with a sublime pass, putting through Robin Van Persie, who smashed the ball high into the net, and double the Italian team's advantage!

robin_van_persie1.jpg

The Dutchman doubled the lead!

Roma looked comfortable, and the game looked over, however Palermo atoned for his earlier miss, and set up an exciting end to the game, after turning the ball in via Mexes from a very tight angle! Boca suddenly sprung to life, however Lampard's experience helped Roma, as he kept the ball away from the Argies, and closed the game out for Roma.

Final Score: Boca Juniors 1-2 Roma

Next up for Roma in the Semi-Finals is Phil Luney's Hertha. Good Luck Phil :)

421_1205815973.gif

Celtic

Scottish Premier League

drawn-large.png

Greenock Morton 1 - 1 Celtic

Kevin FINLAYSON - Greenock Morton - 71

Georgios SAMARAS - Celtic - 83

celticleagueyk6.jpg

Celtics Title defense appears to have hit a wall as Rangers leaped up by two valuable points. There is 11 games of the season to be played which is still plenty however Celtic does not look like they will be able to match or surpass Rangers goal difference this season. Celtic can no longer afford more hiccups and are praying for Rangers to fail at the last hurdle. Celtic are pretty much booked for the Champions League next season.

429_1202746505.gif

After and unexpected slip-up at Greenock Morton, Rangers now find themselves clear at the top of the Scottish League. They are 2 points clear of fierce rivals Celtc with 11 games left. As Celtc drew 1-1, Rangers put in a great performance at Ibrox against Partick Thistle. Despite equalising twice, Rangers showed their class truimphing 6-2 in front of a crowd of almost 51,000.

Next up for Rangers is a tough away trip to Kilmarnock, coming back off the ecstasy of a 4-0 home win against Hibs. Celtc, however face an easy game against lowly Dunfermiline.

As Patrick has said, Rangers and Celtc are- as expected- the favorites to qualify for the Champions Cup next year, where Rangers hope to progress, third time lucky.

• 4 weeks later...

Feyenoord look to go one better than last season's 2nd place finish and win the league, currently sitting top with only 4 games (12 possible points) left of the season. Feyenoord have a healty 9 point cushion over PSV and could have the title wrapped up by the weekend

Feyenoord on manage a 1-1 draw away to Anderlecht.

N.FRUTOS put the home team up after just 2 minutes and the league leaders looked in for a rough night. Velicka however had other plans and on 23 minutes levelled the scores.

Feyenoord pressed for another goal but Anderlecht held firm and managed a draw.

Pos. Club.. POINTS...

1st - Feyenoord - 81

2nd - PSV - 74

3rd - AZ Alkmaar - 67

4th - FC Groningen - 66

With only 3 games left of the season Feyenoord look set to win the Title, but they do play PSV in one of their remaining matches and a loss could spice up the title run.

Feyenoord need only a draw against PSV to secure the title.

But Victory in the next game against Club Brugge will secure the league crown.

Good to see Velicka scoring for you Allan.

Anyways, Rangers beat Greenock 5-2, with a hat-trick from Bojan. With only 3 games left of the season and Rangers 2 points clear, it's a tense time for all Old Firm fans.

Rangers today sold promising CM Andrade Diego Souza and brought in two other midfielders in time for the Champions Cup campaign next season. Russell feels these are excellent additions to the team along with Gremio's first team 'keeper Victor.

C'mon Rangers!

River-Plate-256x256.png

New Manager

Aaron Dhandli has just taken over at a river plate. After the manager left the board and chairman were looking for a new manager. But no one considered it. But aaron dhandli saw this and applied. They thought that seeing as there was no ne else for the job they appointed him.

Lanús 1 - 3 River Plate

aaron's first game was only 30 mins into his ne club. Even though he beat 2nd placed Lanus to take their position. Hopefully Aaron can keep this 2nd place for two more games to get into the SMFA CUP.