So, we all know that Joe Cole has had a fantastic season. He is one of the few players that has been a standout in the Chelsea lineup and what's more, he's been far and out the best player time and again on the national team since the World Cup. Although I'm a Man United fan, I believe Joe Cole deserves a 94. You can scroll down to see the stats, but it seems pretty obvious to me at least that he has outplayed some of the very best in his position this season. Ryan Giggs is getting worse and worse and could very well be set for a decrease to 92. Clarence Seedorf has been so-so, but not getting any better, that's for sure. Stankovic could also be looking at a decrease. Not only this, but Cole's stats are better than Quaresma's and Ribery, both who play in much worse leagues. And no, when I you look at the Portuguese and German leagues compared to the premiership, I don't think saying much worse is an overstatement. So, here are the stats for the aforementioned players (Courtesy of Sky Sports):

Player

Club App. (Goals): Ratio - Int. App. (Goals): Ratio - Total App. (Goals): Ratio

Joe Cole

Club App. (Goals): Ratio

34 (10): (.29 G/G)

Int. App. (Goals): Ratio

9 (1): (.11 G/G)

Total App. (Goals): Ratio

43 (11): (.26 G/G)

Ryan Giggs

26 (2): (.08 G/G)

Not Applicable

26 (2): (.08 G/G)

Clarence Seedorf

30 (6): (.2 G/G)

3 (0): (0 G/G)

33 (6): (.18 G/G)

Dejan Stankovic

19 (1): (.052 G/G)

3 (0): (0 G/G)

22 (1): (.045 G/G)

Franck Ribery

25 (7): (.28 G/G)

6 (0): (0 G/G)

31 (7): (.23 G/G)

Ricardo Quaresma

28 (7): (.25 G/G)

5 (0): (0 G/G)

33 (7): (.21 G/G)

Edit: Sorry if the stats are messy, but I think i tried every type of attachment and it's just too **** big, so this is it for now.

Double Edit: Aight, I think they might be just a little better now...I hope.

Re: Joe Cole

Joe Cole has had a brilliant season while he's been playing, if you ask me, he hasn't been playing as much as he should be!

When he's on the pitch, he is a phenominal aspect, and can be the difference between 1 point, and 3 points.

He should go up to 93 in my opinion, with Drogba going down to 95!

He isn't exactly old, and if Chelsea start to play him more often, then he could be a legend at the bridge.

So yes, i think Joe Cole should go up in rating, by 1 :)

Maybe when he gets more of a look in, he could go to 95

He is a quality player who is good enough, when at his best to be rated 95, all he needs is to be played every game, or at least most game.

Joe Cole has had a brilliant season while he's been playing' date=' if you ask me, he hasn't been playing as much as he should be!

When he's on the pitch, he is a phenominal aspect, and can be the difference between 1 point, and 3 points.

He should go up to 93 in my opinion, with Drogba going down to 95!

He isn't exactly old, and if Chelsea start to play him more often, then he could be a legend at the bridge.

So yes, i think Joe Cole should go up in rating, by 1 :)

Maybe when he gets more of a look in, he could go to 95

He is a quality player who is good enough, when at his best to be rated 95, all he needs is to be played every game, or at least most game.[/quote']

agreed, he hasn't been picked by a.grant alot, don't know why?:confused:

cole has had a good season, but a change for 93 for now, and if he plays well in internatonals, in the CL with chelsea, and continues to do well overall he could become a 94...but he certainly deserves a 93 for now...

and drogba hasn't been anywhere as good as he was last season, he shuld go down...but lol is he even staying at chelsea, he always says he wants to leave, but then says he wants to stay...not very loyal:rolleyes:

agreed' date=' he hasn't been picked by a.grant alot, don't know why?:confused:

cole has had a good season, but a change for 93 for now, and if he plays well in internatonals, in the CL with chelsea, and continues to do well overall he could become a 94...but he certainly deserves a 93 for now...

and drogba hasn't been anywhere as good as he was last season, he shuld go down...but lol is he even staying at chelsea, he always says he wants to leave, but then says he wants to stay...not very loyal:rolleyes:[/quote']

Wonder if Mourinho have played him?

He is a quality player, no doubt about it.

Drogba is another issue, i shouldn't really have brought him up in this thread...

The bottom line is, i think Chelsea need a better manager, Avram is good, but no where near as good as Mourinho, No doubt there will be statistics to prove me wrong on this issue, but tactically, Avram is no where near as good as Jose is... Jose would have played Joe Cole and got the best out of one of the best wingers in the world. :)

Guys, how can you say he hasn't been played enough when he's played in more games than every single player I've compared him to, and scored more goals/game this season too??? Are you referring to the fact that he gets taken off sometimes for no reason???

Edit: What's more, he's played more and better than players with higher rankings in lower leagues. And he's played etter than them in the national setup.

Personally I think joe cole has been in most games this season and as always impressed for me. Played a lot for England and is playing better and better every game.

As for Avram Grant not being a good manager I dont think it matter who is the manager my mum could manage chelsea and her "best looking eleven" would probably do just as well.

• 2 weeks later...

agreed' date=' he hasn't been picked by a.grant alot, don't know why?:confused:

and drogba hasn't been anywhere as good as he was last season, he shuld go down...but lol is he even staying at chelsea, he always says he wants to leave, but then says he wants to stay...not very loyal:rolleyes:[/quote']

Joe has played 45 games this season so far!!!

Cole most definitely needs an increase, he's a top quality player who deserves his place comfortably for England as well as his club Chelsea. I always feel as though when he's on the pitch, he can always make something special happen, and change the game. Definite increase to 93, 94 i guess is a long shot but could also be possible.

the top five apps in terms of minutes played by chelsea players this season in the league:

1. Joe Cole................. 2166 mins

2. Ashley Cole............. 2083 mins

3. Petr cech............... 1886 mins

4. Salomon Kalou......... 1804 mins

5. Alex....................... 1786 mins

Get your facts straight before saying things like that

Theres the facts

94 is by no means at all a long shot he is well deserving of that and more possibly...if hes the best player on the team then why should he be lower then the rest of the team?:confused: :confused: :mad::confused:

edit*****

also

"He is a quality player who is good enough, when at his best to be rated 95, all he needs is to be played every game, or at least most game."

You want him up by 1 one second and ten 3 in the very same post? he does play every game and so you want him to a 95? agreed

Well i think you might of got me wrong mate .. when i said "when he's on the pitch" i didn't mean he is on the pitch rarely, i just meant when he's playing generally he looks a real threat when he gets the ball. Also regarding what i said about me supposing that 94 is a long shot, i meant in terms of SM ratings they don't often seem to put a player at like 92 up by 2 at a time. Saying this though, that is not my opinion, as i thought you would of figured by the way i felt about his ability, as i think he's a top player and deserves 94 for sure. Sorry if i didn't make that clear, cheers.

I'm sorry mate theres a mix up i wasnt clear i was talking to a few people really and none of them were you :)

gooner being one and liam the other.....they believe he hasnt been played alot this season yet lampard cant catch him in terms of minutes he has so many.

I'm sorry mate theres a mix up i wasnt clear i was talking to a few people really and none of them were you :)

gooner being one and liam the other.....they believe he hasnt been played alot this season yet lampard cant catch him in terms of minutes he has so many.

No problem mate it happens! Yeah i know he has had alot of playing time' date=' and as i think most of us agree, is a very impressive midfield player who should most definitely play regularly for England aswell as Chelsea.[/font']